• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I come here to battle other people in smash because i'm a competitive smasher and that's what I find fun, I come here when no one's around to pass the time and it amuses me when people take up so much of their time trying to figure out what goes on in sakurai's mind. It saddens me that when the game is released, some might not even play it for long and wait until the next "speculation time". I treat speculation threads as social threads, if your wondering. I'd rather just wait until the game releases. Do what what you want, my words shouldn't be stopping you, i'm just giving my opinion of things.

Call me what you want, that's how I feel. I find it better to play smash then to speculate about it.
I am only here to speculate though. Why DittoSwagMasterYoloBlazin420? Why do I sadden you?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I am only here to speculate though. Why DittoSwagMasterYoloBlazin420? Why do I sadden you?
Read it again, It saddens me that people hype this up so much, play only for a few months then just drop it for something else. (that's what happened during the brawl period)

But again do whatever, it doesn't matter what I say, I'm not controlling your decisions. I just felt like giving my opinion.

I come here to battle other people in smash because i'm a competitive smasher and that's what I find fun, I come here when no one's around to pass the time and it amuses me when people take up so much of their time trying to figure out what goes on in sakurai's mind. It saddens me that when the game is released, some might not even play it for long and wait until the next "speculation time". I treat speculation threads as social threads, if your wondering. I'd rather just wait until the game releases. Do what what you want, my words shouldn't be stopping you, i'm just giving my opinion of things.

Call me what you want, that's how I feel. I find it better to play smash then to speculate about it.
Preach.

Seriously y'all, it's a competitive smash forum. I mean does anyone here actually try to improve their game or are you just here to watch and argue?

I heard someone here say that they never use tilts. I mean--c'mon, dude. People used to meet and go to smashfest and play all the time, and if we get bored of that we play poker or play a game of 21 or something. Now it's just a bunch of soft ass people who whine all the time.

What's happening to this place ?

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i thought when sakurai said tripping will not return, he was talking about random tripping. like just walking and tripping for no reason.

i believe a forced trip due to banana, or certain moves can still be implemented within reason.

doesnt mean all tripping is removed, just the random aspect of it happening without an initiator

salmonofdoubt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4957-2628-7737
Preach.

Seriously y'all, it's a competitive smash forum. I mean does anyone here actually try to improve their game or are you just here to watch and argue?

I heard someone here say that they never use tilts. I mean--c'mon, dude. People used to meet and go to smashfest and play all the time, and if we get bored of that we play poker or play a game of 21 or something. Now it's just a bunch of soft *** people who whine all the time.

Well, back to lurking for me. I'm amazed at the elitism and close-mindedness of some competitive smash players. You denigrate people you know nothing about to brag about your seriousness and skill. How do you know that people in this thread aren't smashing every night and going to tournaments? Isn't it possible that there's more than one way to engage with this game? It's people like you and Zero who made me stop posting here years ago. You can enjoy your ivory tower by yourselves.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Preach.

I heard someone here say that they never use tilts. I mean--c'mon, dude. People used to meet and go to smashfest and play all the time, and if we get bored of that we play poker or play a game of 21 or something. Now it's just a bunch of soft *** people who whine all the time.

Want my reason? Hype.
I'm hyped because this is the first Smash I'll ever own.

Sure one could say I could just buy the games, but it doesn't help when you've only owned DS console your entire gaming life.
Though because of this, I've always done subpar, I'd try to be the best. I'd research SmashWiki, watch gameplay videos, heck I've even used flash games to "practice" movesets and see how they generally work. But yet, I'd never reach the same level of them, I'd always fall behind. It's like a race you could never win.
Heck, I've never cared about the franchise as a whole until last year, when I replaced my broken DS Lite with a 3DS. I just put two and two together and well, hype.

So yes, I enjoy discussing because this will feel like a new experience for me. I'll actually play the game, unlock the characters myself, finally do something I've wanted to do in forever. So if it's even for just a glimpse of excitement, I'll take it. Heck it's the major reason why I've tolerated the Gamefaqs boards for a long time.

Sure, SmashBoards is about the competitive field, but it's also a forum for fans to discuss, talk about a love that have in common. Honestly, I'd be boring if all we talked about was battles.

Last edited:

agentorangez

Smash Rookie
Well, back to lurking for me. I'm amazed at the elitism and close-mindedness of some competitive smash players. You denigrate people you know nothing about to brag about your seriousness and skill. How do you know that people in this thread aren't smashing every night and going to tournaments? Isn't it possible that there's more than one way to engage with this game? It's people like you and Zero who made me stop posting here years ago. You can enjoy your ivory tower by yourselves.
Thanks, the view is great.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
New leak (yay......)
Posted by Opolu45 on neoseeker ( http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1964253-super-smash-brothers-4-insider-information/ )

"I moved to the United States about a year ago. I learned English, got a job, and am pretty content here. I stayed in contact with a few of my buddies back in Japan. One works for Nintendo and is involved in the development of Super Smash Brothers 4. I just gained interest in the game and asked him if he could share a few details. He was reluctant at first, but did anyway.

-Ridley is among one of the newcomers. He is the largest character and his final smash is Omega Ridley.

-Pyrosphere is Ridley's home stage.

-The Metroid assist trophy returns

-Anthony Higgs is a new Metroid assist trophy

-Little Mac is another newcomer. He is very quick and has a decent recovery so Little Mac is hard to KO.

-Boxing Ring is Little Mac's home stage

-King Hippo is the Punch Out!! assist trophy

-Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky Kong, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, and Hector are some of the new assist trophies"

No Control

Smash Apprentice
This isn't even a strictly competitive Smash forum... You don't have to be competitive to engage in most of the discussions about character inclusions/Miiverse updates/etc. Some people just enjoy the speculation/anticipation element. Should they not be allowed to?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This isn't even a strictly competitive Smash forum... You don't have to be competitive to engage in most of the discussions about character inclusions/Miiverse updates/etc. Some people just enjoy the speculation/anticipation element. Should they not be allowed to?
This...

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
New leak (yay......)
Posted by Opolu45 on neoseeker ( http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1964253-super-smash-brothers-4-insider-information/ )

"I moved to the United States about a year ago. I learned English, got a job, and am pretty content here. I stayed in contact with a few of my buddies back in Japan. One works for Nintendo and is involved in the development of Super Smash Brothers 4. I just gained interest in the game and asked him if he could share a few details. He was reluctant at first, but did anyway.

-Ridley is among one of the newcomers. He is the largest character and his final smash is Omega Ridley.

-Little Mac is another newcomer. He is very quick and has a decent recovery so Little Mac is hard to KO.

-Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky Kong, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, and Hector are some of the new assist trophies"
FAKE! Tingle is already an Assist Trophy

You're proving my point man. All I'm saying is that from when I joined here to now, there were more players who were willing to help and be helped, now people are throwing around words like elitist like they have some agenda to fulfill. I'm bragging about skill? Dude it's a ****ing tilt attack, it's not that technical considering that smash has been around for more than a decade, and might I add, is on a competitive smash.

The problem isn't being an elitist, it's players coming to a forum full of gamers who play smash on a higher level and calling them elitist on the merits that they dedicated their time to play and got better. You expect to be welcomed with open arms after that?

Sure, I don't know if people are playing on the forum, but I would respect these players who shoot their mouths off to prove me wrong than just turn tail.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
New leak (yay......)

Wait.

Isn't Tingle already an AT?

EDIT: Darn, ninja'd.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, yes... this is a strictly competitive Smash forum... we are competing to see who are the most correct at predicting the roster. :troll:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I play competitive smash. And I also enjoy speculation about the next game. Golly wolly how can this be that I like to have fun and be competitive at the same time?

In all seriousness, this is a rumors and leaks thread. You should know what you're getting into before coming in. Leave the casual and competitive argument out of here. Let people enjoy the series the way they want.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
i thought when sakurai said tripping will not return, he was talking about random tripping. like just walking and tripping for no reason.

i believe a forced trip due to banana, or certain moves can still be implemented within reason.

doesnt mean all tripping is removed, just the random aspect of it happening without an initiator
theres a good chance that since tripping is gone they will not make tripping animations for every character JUST for diddy's banana, so dixie in or not it's likely his down B will be different.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
theres a good chance that since tripping is gone they will not make tripping animations for every character JUST for diddy's banana, so dixie in or not it's likely his down B will be different.
This is Sakurai. He loves his attention to detail. He gives helpless animations to characters that don't need them..

TropicThunder21

Smash Rookie
Does anybody else think that Ashley could possibly deconfirm Kamek as an assist trophy? I feel like they're too similar to both be ATs, but thats just my own opinion.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Bumping the translator leak featuring Ashley for current reference.

The Translator Leak (1/10/14)

• Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
  • Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
  • Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
  • Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
  • Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
  • Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
  • King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
  • Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
  • There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
  • Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
  • Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
  • Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
  • Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
  • King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
  • No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
  • Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
  • The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
  • Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy.
  • Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
  • No new Star Fox characters.
  • Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
  • Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
  • Villager has a female costume.
  • Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
  • Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
  • Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
  • Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
  • All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
  • Mewtwo returns.
  • Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
  • No new Kirby characters.
  • Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
  • No changes made to the EarthBound series.
  • All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
  • Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
  • The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
  • Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
  • King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
  • The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
  • Snake returns.
  • Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character.
Granted, Ashley is easy enough to guess as a new WarioWare Assist Trophy, so I definitely wouldn't put too much stock in this yet, but at least's it's something APC can highlight in green in the OP.
Good to keep in mind. It has a LOT of specific information which leads me to believe it is a little farfetched. I'll be more inclined to believe it if some of the other information comes out true (Wario's outfit, Dixie Kong, the Meta-Knight reveal).

Basty

Smash Ace
I have a rumor my friend that works at Nintendo told me about but I'm not 100% certain if it's trues
-Ridley is a newcomer
-Rayman was considered before Rayman Legends was multi-platform
-Bomberman was considered when Hudson Soft was still alive
-Dixie Kong is playable on her own
-Sheik is still playable
-The Phantom is an Assist Trophy
-Snake is Cut
-Ike is Cut
-Lucario is Cut
-The Kalos Trainer and Kanto Trainer both have code in the game but only one will stay
-Jigglypuff is staying
-The names Kamek and Kat and Ana have been heard in the office where they make Smash Bros
-Diddy Kong will be revealed on Feburary 13th
-Mewtwo is back
-Mario almost had Cowboy Mario as an Alternate Costume
-Cookie Country is a stage (Wii U)
-Knuckles was considered playable but now is an Assist Trophy
-Starfy was not considered playable
-Yoshi is staying (For those who worry too much)
-Meta Knight is Staying
-Their is a Pokemon Stadium 3 Stage (Wii U)
-Luigi gets a new Final Smash
My friend knows more so I will ask about it

memememe

Smash Apprentice
I have a rumor my friend that works at Nintendo told me about but I'm not 100% certain if it's trues
-Ridley is a newcomer
-Rayman was considered before Rayman Legends was multi-platform
-Bomberman was considered when Hudson Soft was still alive
-Dixie Kong is playable on her own
-Sheik is still playable
-The Phantom is an Assist Trophy
-Snake is Cut
-Ike is Cut
-Lucario is Cut
-The Kalos Trainer and Kanto Trainer both have code in the game but only one will stay
-Jigglypuff is staying
-The names Kamek and Kat and Ana have been heard in the office where they make Smash Bros
-Diddy Kong will be revealed on Feburary 13th
-Mewtwo is back
-Mario almost had Cowboy Mario as an Alternate Costume
-Cookie Country is a stage (Wii U)
-Knuckles was considered playable but now is an Assist Trophy
-Starfy was not considered playable
-Yoshi is staying (For those who worry too much)
-Meta Knight is Staying
-Their is a Pokemon Stadium 3 Stage (Wii U)
-Luigi gets a new Final Smash
My friend knows more so I will ask about it
Welcome to SmashBoards.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Okay, which one of you wise guys wrote this one?

Hey guys, I actually know someone over at japan, (trust me on this one) and he's friends with someone who is working on the game. more specifically, they got a new-to-the-industry musician to do re-makes of songs. that being said, most of the stuff he knows about are music that he's hired to re-make, but at the same time he did hear (and see) a few things. apparently he has also played with Mr. Sakuri during one or two lunch breaks, so he knows a little bit about the newcomers, as well as a couple stages. here's what he knows at this point.
-There is going to be another mario stage, but right now it's in the planning stage. it's either going to be a Bowser's castle stage, or it's going to be a Bomb-omb Battlefield stage. my friend's friend attended the meeting of the stage to discuss whether to create a new BGM for the stage or rip music from Super Mario Galaxy.
-A new Yoshi stage, based off Yoshi's New Island. it will appear on the 3DS.
-Kamek is an assist trophy, he flies across the top with magic that will randomly either grow or shrink all players.
-The Stork will appear as playable, with inspiration taken from the babies in Yoshi's Island DS
-Mona was added as a playable character. rumor that she was added just so Sakuri could see how many costumes he could fit onto one character without eating up too much development time.
-There is also a new DK stage, which is frozen DK island from Donkey Kong Country Returns. a stage for DKC is also present in the 3DS version, which can be seen in the first trailer.
-Cranky Kong is an assist trophy that serves a purpose similar to Mr. Resetti.
-Dixie Kong is supposedly in alpha stages if office chat is correct, King K. Rool is supposedly also planned, and work will begin on him shortly.
-Pokemon has a new stage, Lumoise city. My friend was asked to compose any pokemon music he would like, so he's making "The Sea of Time" from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time fit the setting.
-All Pokemon veterans return. Pichu is in the background of the stage as a cameo.
-Kirby's Epic Yarn stage exists, it's combined with the Yarn Yoshi stage. it's a 50/50 chance whether the background elements resemble the yarn/fabric segments of Yarn Yoshi or Kirby's Epic Yarn.
-no info on any new kirby character, except Meta Knight has been balanced more properly
-Pyrosphere apparently has an amazing remix of Ridley's theme.
-Ridley was managed to be resized. apparently when someone came to sakuri with ridley's first model, which was based off other M, he flipped out and demanded a model based off Super Metroid's Ridley. according to my friend it was the talk of the office for a while.
-Sector Z from the first smash comes back in HD. the cast of star fox should stay the same.
-Saturn Valley is a new Mother stage.
-the Punch-Out!! stage is indeed a Punch-out stage, currently labled "Smash Circuit". It has mostly Punch-Out songs, with one Kirby track to accommodate the many wrestling rings in the Kirby games, the track is a remix of "Masked Dedede".
-Little Mac is a newcomer, and is mostly complete for the most part.
-Kid Icarus has a new character, Palutena, who was supposedly one of the first newcomers "finished".
also, he's just a music guy, so he doesn't know any of the announcment dates, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom