• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I really like the Translator leak actually.
I hope it's true (except for Diddy/Dixie, but beggars can't be choosers).
but having Dixie and Diddy as a tag-team would be a really neat throwback of DKC2.. Can you imagine?, the character that you aren't using, is with dark colors, a shade.. and the AI animations for this characters being exactly the DKC2 sprites,... without count the Tag change animation, ...we'll still have two different movesets, would be a lot of fun!

(and with this, my hopes for K. Rool won't die so sooner 8D)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
but having Dixie and Diddy as a tag-team would be a really neat throwback of DKC2.. Can you imagine?, the character that you aren't using, is with dark colors, a shade.. and the AI animations for this characters look exactly the DKC2 sprites,... without count the Tag change animation, ...we'll still have two different movesets, would be a lot of fun!

(and with this, my hopes for K. Rool won't die so sooner 8D)
True. This is in fact what I was thinking, and I would actually be happy with that.
But they deserve to be two separate characters. I wouldn't mind if they were merged, but they are both important enough to warrant separate slots.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
True. This is in fact what I was thinking, and I would actually be happy with that.
But they deserve to be two separate characters. I wouldn't mind if they were merged, but they are both important enough to warrant separate slots.
Nah, a slot occupation doesn't mean too much...(I mean.. Sheik! lol) if you're getting your favorite character in a Smash roster, means, at least, that Sakurai thought it's worthy for the spot. =)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm not sure if importance can stop them from being a duo though. :p
Sakurai is probably going to try the Diddy+Dixie duo again this time since he intended to do it in Brawl.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if importance can stop them from being a duo though. :p
Sakurai is probably going to try the Diddy+Dixie duo again this time since he intended to do it in Brawl.
Truth is, the duo doesn't do anything unique.
You are switching between two characters with extremely similar stats and movesets (likely). There's no need.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I definitely don't think it's true right now, I just don't think it should be relegated to the scrap heap along with the "Meow, I'm Sakurai's cat, here's a leak" leaks.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Hey, ACP? Can I suggest you collapse the Debunked Leaks on the front page and leave only the ones still considered good exposed?

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
So I was pretty close to guessing the right amount of characters and which slots are for which series according to the latest leak...

Shroob

Sup?
The translator rumor is like a wet dream to the majority of the Smash community if true. No cuts from Brawl + Mewtwo returns + decloning the Starfox characters + newcomers? Sounds a bit TOO good to be true...

Sounds like something I'd write. :troll:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I really like the Translator leak actually.
I hope it's true (except for Diddy/Dixie, but beggars can't be choosers).
If we divorce Diddy/Dixie from that, then we have a very solid 52 character roster.

Regardless, I will approve of anything with the roster, so long as the 22 unconfirmed Brawl characters, Mewtwo, Ridley, and K. Rool are all playable.

bobadz

Smash Ace
If I recall correctly none of the brawl leakers except the last one which was revealed a few weeks before the japanese launch of brawl, knew the entire roster. So I would think none of the true leakers will know the entire roster.

Shroob

Sup?
The sad thing is, the entire leak will be put to the test one month from now when Tropical Freeze launches and Diddy gets revealed.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think I should prelude this topic to some of you by saying that we should expect one or more of these "leaks" to be true, but to not jump on one as definitely true or false right away.

That is unless there is overwhelming evidence like I think there is for the Wii Fit Trainer/Villager/Mega Man/Little Mac/Miis/Pac-Man dealio. In that instance, the guy(s) who leaked it could be lying about any or all of the other 3, but they definitely knew the other 3 were in.

Also eventually one of these leaks is going to be an actual leak, and not a fake hoax.
If I recall correctly none of the brawl leakers except the last one which was revealed a few weeks before the japanese launch of brawl, knew the entire roster. So I would think none of the true leakers will know the entire roster.
Not true.

Serebii's webmaster got the leak in either late September or early October, but only revealed the Pokémon that were playable (and Mewtwo and Pichu being cut).

In November and December we got 2 different leakers (probably the same person) who leaked all the information to the public on SWF, GameFAQs, and NeoGAF.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
why would diddy kong have his banana move replaced with dixie kong? that just stupid. dixie needs her own slot. and her own down special.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
the switch tag could be done with one command of their taunts.. nothing significant would be lost for their respective movesets. And slot it's nothing too important. :T

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Most of the people obsessing over how Dixie needs her own spot, she definitely wouldn't get anything else, need to remember that this leak depicts her in the role Sakurai originally wanted her in for Brawl. I think it's a godawful idea as well, and a pointless one to boot, if it's just a Zelda/Sheik transformation without both Kongs onstage at once. But remember, you not liking it doesn't mean it couldn't potentially happen.

In terms of the Diddy reveal, even if Dixie is nowhere in sight, the leak still isn't disconfirmed, given the Zelda/Sheik nature this guy claims the transformation to have. If he's shown and he's using bananas, thus indicating that he's keeping the same Down B, then it's almost certainly fake (unless they switch by taunting, but then that wouldn't be Zelda/Sheik-like), but otherwise, keep an open mind.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
All leaks are wrong until they are proven right. Then at the point of being proved right it doesn't matter if you heard a true leak before because you never actually believed it. So learning that a leak was right is the exact same as getting a daily pic, or a new trailer, or actually playing the game. Leaks don't mean squat because it is impossible to verify it most of the time. It is impossible to know if a leak is right any ways so just wait. (P.S. I think leaks are fun and interesting but hold no significant value until proven true)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
The internet's reactions to the "leaks" have been far more fascinating to me than the leaks themselves. It appears as though the vast majority of speculators and members of this forum have no conception of the scientific method, or they decide to allow their hopes for the game to override any logic they may use elsewhere, which of course is perfectly acceptable in the name of fun.

(As an aside, I would be interested in demographic information about all of you. Are most of the people I am seeing middle school-age kids who haven't learned or experienced basic rules of logic? Or are you mathematicians with PhDs who come here to let off steam and troll each other?)

You want to know? Fine. I'm just here to let off some steam and troll/mess around with people. I'm serious in real life 24/7 focusing on my studies, why should I waste my time developing hypotheses over trivial pics of day? Why should I waste my time speculating over supposed "leaks" when its better to just shut up and wait for the game to release? I find it laughable when someone says "my video game logic is impeccable". You know how silly that is? its a video game forum. I cannot even fathom as to why people go to such great lengths, to try to figure out what goes on in a developer's mind when they can just wait for the game to release. (I don't find it fun, playing some smash is more fun.)

This struck me as somewhat of a belittling post. Just because some users choose not to go to great lengths in terms of speculation doesn't mean that their inept or that some users are better than others. If i misinterpreted then correct me, but that's how I interpreted your post.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
but having Dixie and Diddy as a tag-team would be a really neat throwback of DKC2.. Can you imagine?, the character that you aren't using, is with dark colors, a shade.. and the AI animations for this characters being exactly the DKC2 sprites,... without count the Tag change animation, ...we'll still have two different movesets, would be a lot of fun!
But when they tag team they don't attack with each other like the Ice Climbers do. On top of that, based on Diddy's build, unless you destroy what made him great in Brawl (his speed, recovery, potential for combos, free flowing nature, ability to be super versatile, and the fact he's Diddy), this will be super OP.

Like top tier automatically in a way Meta Knight could never imagine. Seriously, Diddy is primed to be a top 5 character again in Smash Wii U and 3DS because he'll actually have tons of combos now, and given his speed and recovery, he'll stay that way. You give him another copy of him, and you got something that is so broken, my brain can't comprehend it.

On top of that, they are more unique separate.

If we want a tag team character duo, Plusle and Minun or the Baby Mario Bros. are the way to go IMO. If we want another team character, the Koopa Kids are another great suggestion IMO.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Updated my leak selection screen.
Still had two extra slots leftover.
Decided to add one of Mii because it would be the only one missing from the E3 leak. And if someone can predict Villager AND Wii Fit Trainer they deserve to have an eye kept on them.

That leaves one extra space for the set-up that I used.
Not sure who else would fill that spot, or if the latest leaker was wrong about Diddy and Dixie being a tag team.
If Dixie was her own character slot (which she deserves to be) than she would push K. Rool and Yoshi down, and Wario would go underneath Lucas and Ness (since he wants to **** them).

Pretty reasonable leak.
I would be extremely happy with this roster.
And I'm sure Smashboards would too
(any roster with K. Rool and Ridley is okay with Smashboards)

Shroob

Sup?
Decided to add one of Mii because it would be the only one missing from the E3 leak. And if someone can predict Villager AND Wii Fit Trainer they deserve to have an eye kept on them.

Not sure who else would fill that spot, or if the latest leaker was wrong about Diddy and Dixie being a tag team.
If Dixie was her own character slot (which she deserves to be) than she would push K. Rool and Yoshi down, and Wario would go underneath Lucas and Ness (since he wants to **** them).

Pretty reasonable leak.

All things considered, I doubt Mother would get a 3rd rep, so who's that ? block for?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
But when they tag team they don't attack with each other like the Ice Climbers do. On top of that, based on Diddy's build, unless you destroy what made him great in Brawl (his speed, recovery, potential for combos, free flowing nature, ability to be super versatile, and the fact he's Diddy), this will be super OP.

Like top tier automatically in a way Meta Knight could never imagine. Seriously, Diddy is primed to be a top 5 character again in Smash Wii U and 3DS because he'll actually have tons of combos now, and given his speed and recovery, he'll stay that way. You give him another copy of him, and you got something that is so broken, my brain can't comprehend it.

On top of that, they are more unique separate.

If we want a tag team character duo, Plusle and Minun or the Baby Mario Bros. are the way to go IMO. If we want another team character, the Koopa Kids are another great suggestion IMO.
I was talking more about the throwback aspect than anything, though.. in terms of gameplay, sure that Diddy alone moveset would be a little changed, or even nerfed.. but this would be for a greater good, having Dixe for complement this nerf... and, who said (knows) that Dixe would be exactly (or at least similar) like Diddy?.. there's a lot of things that could be done with her and her hair, without count things from DKC2 and her "own" game, DKC3... and DKC TF is coming with some brand new ideas.

We could see a interesting way to make a decent Diddy and Dixie Final Smash (not that the Diddy's in Brawl was that tarrible.. but give us something that could be memorable.. not too much people played DK64, but everyone played the DKC Trilogy. :T).

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
All things considered, I doubt Mother would get a 3rd rep, so who's that ? block for?
I'm assuming an out of nowhere misc character or a character from an unrepped franchise like wonderful 101

on a related note, That is certainly a dream roster. Almost too good to be true

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
...No, something more obscure, someone no one would think of...
...We need to go deeper!
I've already thrown out various characters from the NES game "Pro Wrestling", particularly Starman.

My pal augustoflores keeps bringing up the main character from that game, The Amazon.

Also, Muddy Mole (Opossum's favorite character), Sukapon, and Takamaru all fit in that.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings

I just said I didn't know who else would fill that slot...

And I don't mean to assume that means Earthbound would get another rep because there is an empty space under Lucas.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I was talking more about the throwback aspect than anything, though.. in terms of gameplay, sure that Diddy alone moveset would be a little changed, or even nerfed.. but this would be for a greater good, having Dixe for complement this nerf... and, who said (knows) that Dixe would be exactly (or at least similar) like Diddy?.. there's a lot of things that could be done with her and her hair, without count things from DKC2 and her "own" game, DKC3... and DKC TF is coming with some brand new ideas.

We could see a interesting way to make a decent Diddy and Dixie Final Smash (not that the Diddy's in Brawl was that tarrible.. but give us something that could be memorable.. not too much people played DK64, but everyone played the DKC Trilogy. :T).
I dunno, I just can't get behind the idea. Sure, it'd be a neat throwback, but other than that, what else does it have going for it? It's not like we can't have them separate, I just can't find a reason to put them together.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Pretty reasonable leak.

Good work and for the question mark

There's 1 character and particular now sakurai was considering the Mach rider and balloon fighter for melee

So maybe the Mach rider for retro catergory (balloon fighter is gone because of villagers up special helmet)

And I swear I know the chances are very very slim for Mach rider.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I dunno, I just can't get behind the idea. Sure, it'd be a neat throwback, but other than that, what else does it have going for it? It's not like we can't have them separate, I just can't find a reason to put them together.
I'm not in favor of it, at all.. I said that I could imagine, and I would find this cool.. but, I'd be okay as well with her as a normal character by her own. (if this doesn't mean not putting K.Rool in the roster, of course. =P)

in defense of the tag-team, sure we don't have a """"reason"""" to have this.. besides the DKC trilogy,.. but we couldn't be against of all,.. we should trust a little more in Sakurai's decision, IMO. (well... he cut Ashley just today.. but.. yeah, I can still trust in him. XD)

[considering that the leak it's true, of course]

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh yea this is my perspective of the leak

Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
Well luma was not mentioned but still only rosalina so far luma is just rosalina second move set in other words this is correct

Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
This seems legit Waluigi is not popular enough and toad I figured would still

Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was
scrapped.
Same as what zandro said this could make it commencing

Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
Ok from the mario and luigi game that made sakurai introduce luigi again sounds believable. It would be more believable if the Nabbit was the assist trophy in my opion.

Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
As long as no one gets revealed for the smash bros 64 15th anniversary this is 100% correct (oh and for the thing at the end of January either)

Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
At first this sounded bogus but that was until I just remember that this could replace the banana peel move since tripping got removed which made banana peel in peril of being kicked (and plus it is for a DKC game)

King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. If not reveal for DCKTF then a direct will still be hopeful

His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
I can believe this would be his final smash

Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
Thumbs up if king k rool is confirmed

There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
That sounds iffy but its still possible

Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
I believe this is correct

Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
Yes I can agree with this even though ike might be kicked but he does not replace ike

Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
Ok will see if this is correct when ever fire emblem 1 came out

Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
Not enough proof but still a pretty bad assist trophy in brawl

King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
I have no idea who these guys are so feelings neutral for this one

No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
Well duh

Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
50/50 shot of being correct but definatly still getting both costumes again

The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped
They work like Latios and latias so believe able

Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy.
That sounded bogus until today

Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
Amen

No new Star Fox characters.
Thumbs up for this

Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
That will put a smile on my face if this is correct

Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
That would be great but soons iffy due to weapons

Villager has a female costume.
Thumbs up sound legit

Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
Ya think

Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
Well assist trophys causing it sounds ok but

Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
Way to request to sound bogus

Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
How can a sword fighter be simular to little mac assist trophy

All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
Again well duh

Mewtwo returns.
The chance of this being correct the odds of being in a house with a pair of shoes somewhere in the house

Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
Different story when it comes to mewtwo x if that's a form in

No new Kirby characters.
It won't be long till DDD side special being throwing a waddle/sparkler/spike ball gets confirmed so yea believable

Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
False if he's not revealed till october

No changes made to the EarthBound series.
Believable

All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
Easily believable and true thumbs up for this

Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
Ok how many time do I have to say well duh

The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
Duh

Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
I don't blame him that would be akward for a man to have a butt attack (except farting ofcoarse)

King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
Show me little mac then I will believe

The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
Sure that sound like a good rumor

Snake returns.
That's 50/50 but then again we were wrong about toon link being kicked so I'm ok with this

Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character
Sakurai said no special treatment for namco but he diden't say anything about refusing to add 1 namco character and plus smash bros 4 will be a game that makes history due to sonic mario megaman and pacman being in one game if confirmed

That's my opinion everyone has there own

salmonofdoubt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4957-2628-7737
You want to know? Fine. I'm just here to let off some steam and troll/mess around with people. I'm serious in real life 24/7 focusing on my studies, why should I waste my time developing hypotheses over trivial pics of day? Why should I waste my time speculating over supposed "leaks" when its better to just shut up and wait for the game to release? I find it laughable when someone says "my video game logic is impeccable". You know how silly that is? its a video game forum. I cannot even fathom as to why people go to such great lengths, to try to figure out what goes on in a developer's mind when they can just wait for the game to release. (I don't find it fun, playing some smash is more fun.)

This struck me as somewhat of a belittling post. Just because some users choose not to go to great lengths in terms of speculation doesn't mean that their inept or that some users are better than others. If i misinterpreted then correct me, but that's how I interpreted your post.
My intention was not to belittle. I enjoy making theories and speculating about potential leaks, or else I wouldn't be here. But after reading the posts in this thread and in others, I legitimately thought it would be helpful to give some analytical guidelines to people who appear interested in the leaks but don't pursue them beyond asking the likelihood of them being true. Obviously people can engage on any level they want, but I'm talking to those posters who say things such as, "This proposed roster does not include a character I think will probably get it, therefore I will dismiss it as fake." My query for demographic information was innocent curiosity. I have no idea who I am talking to online, so the chance of it being an uninformed teenager is the same as a genius mathematician.

To be perfectly honest, the first paragraph of your post appears extremely judgmental of the people who frequent this forum (unless you're being sarcastic, which I cannot detect in there). You're saying that you troll this forum for your enjoyment and laugh at other people's passion for video games? Again, if you're being serious, I'm amused that you can't recognize your own hypocrisy.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
To be perfectly honest, the first paragraph of your post appears extremely judgmental of the people who frequent this forum (unless you're being sarcastic, which I cannot detect in there). You're saying that you troll this forum for your enjoyment and laugh at other people's passion for video games? Again, if you're being serious, I'm amused that you can't recognize your own hypocrisy.
I come here to battle other people in smash because i'm a competitive smasher and that's what I find fun, I come here when no one's around to pass the time and it amuses me when people take up so much of their time trying to figure out what goes on in sakurai's mind. It saddens me that when the game is released, some might not even play it for long and wait until the next "speculation time". I treat speculation threads as social threads, if your wondering. I'd rather just wait until the game releases. Do what what you want, my words shouldn't be stopping you, i'm just giving my opinion of things.

Call me what you want, that's how I feel. I find it better to play smash then to speculate about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom