• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Here you guys go. Something to munch on. Like I stated above, this is the leak I'm more or less sticking with for the time being. Like I stated above, yes, a couple plans changed obviously (namely the third Nintendo exclusive Sonic and every detail associated with it) but once again, look how quickly DKC Tropical Freeze and Watch Dogs became 2014 titles. Plans change, and they change quickly. This leak was before E3, and even last October when Sonic was confirmed, the website still displayed confidence in this leak by saying "We told you so" when Sonic was revealed. I firmly believe in this one because... well... you do NOT leak something like Japanese 3DS eShop Daigasso Band Brothers and NOT know something. Plus this leak claims knowledge of a possible Metroid 3DS title. If that leak the other day about the January 2014 Direct and "Metroid Fracture" is indeed real... well.... *sips drink and lounges in chair*

Just food for thought, and of course, Smashboardian discussion.

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/
The rumor states.

They will also show a pretty shocking teaser for Smash Bros U/3DS. The game will feature sightly different gameplay than older installments of the Smash Bros series. The 3DS version will be very different to the Wii U one, content wise. There will be a few newcomer characters shown at the teaser: Little Mac, Takamaru, Tom Nook, Palutena, Dark Pit (the source says he is not sure if it’s a transformation for Pit like Zelda/Sheik or a standalone character), and Bayonetta.
The game doesn't have slightly different gameplay than the older installments, it is interesting that they listed Little Mac since he will 99.9% chance be a new rep in the game, but than again they said he would be shown in the teaser alongside Takamaru, Palutena, and Dark Pit which is not true, and Tom Took was in the CG. While Little Mac might of been announced at E3 2013 but was cut out of the trailer to be announced later.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I believe in the TSSZ leak for the very same reason alot of people firmly believe the Mii, Mac n' Pac leak:

With the Mii, Mac n' Pac leak... like people say, you do NOT leak Wii Fit Trainer and not know something.
With the TSSZ leak that I personally believe in... you do NOT leak a Japanese 3DS eShop Daigasso Band Brothers game and not know something.
Hmmm, this guy seems really certain about this leak I've never even heard of. Must be new and convincing. I'll have to take a look.

They will also show a pretty shocking teaser for Smash Bros U/3DS. The game will feature sightly different gameplay than older installments of the Smash Bros series. The 3DS version will be very different to the Wii U one, content wise. There will be a few newcomer characters shown at the teaser: Little Mac, Takamaru, Tom Nook, Palutena, Dark Pit (the source says he is not sure if it’s a transformation for Pit like Zelda/Sheik or a standalone character), and Bayonetta.
Wow, really? This is pretty shocking stuff. They must mean the 2014 E3. Let me just look at the date real quick.

May 21, 2013
Ah.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So when is Metroid Dread coming out... oh wait... maybe that's Other M... seeing how Samus dreaded when she saw Ridley. :troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Here, might as well bump the complete original leak, as opposed to just the APC abridged version.

Oh look! I'm not a new account! Yeah, I've been here a while. If you can grasp that fact, I come baring news. I recently got into some money and for that, I chose to travel to Japan. I hired a translator and visited Mr. Sakurai as Smash Bros. is one of my favorite series of all time. I told him if he could give me any news on the series and he reluctantly agreed.

He told me to expect quite a few newcomers and some surprises. Go ahead and take it with a grain of salt but when I get everything right, I will be the one laughing all the way to...uh...my...house.

MARIO
*Rosalina is the first and only Mario newcomer for the game.

*There were plans Waluigi to be playable but he was scrapped and his Assist has been greatly updated and is more devastating than ever before. After Waluigi, the plan was originally to have Toad playable but he was later decided to remain as Peach's B move.

*There were never any plans for Bowser Jr., Paper Mario and Daisy to be playable. The former was considered to be an Assist Trophy, but that idea was quickly rid of in favor of a cult favorite Mario character.

*Fawful is the new Mario Assist Trophy, he replaces Hammer Bro. Fawful is kind-of like this game's Mr. Resetti and he flies around the screen talking in his amazingly hilarious voice and will attack players at random.

DONKEY KONG
*The next character revealed will be Diddy Kong for Tropical Freeze's JP release date.

*There will be a DK newcomer, though. It's King K. Rool...AND Dixie Kong. K. Rool is a standalone player and the heaviest fighter on the roster. Since he is heavy, he is also very powerful and is capable of launching fighters like Kirby and Olimar off the screen with two heavy Smash attacks. He does use the blunderbuss as his final smash. He jumps in the air and releases cannonballs from the top of the screen while launching mini-cannonballs from the side of the screen. Gangplank Galleon is confirmed to be a stage.

*Dixie Kong will be paired with Diddy Kong. Although, they'll play more like Zelda/Shiek than the Ice Climbers. Dixie has her own separate moveset but her moves are not confirmed as she not fully worked on yet.

ZELDA
*There is a Zelda newcomer but who that is, I do not know. They are keeping it a real secret. I did hear the Japanese names for Ghirahim and Tingle but if they're playable, I do not know.

*Ganondorf will retain some of C. Falcon's moveset but he has been buffed. His moveset now includes his sword. The sword can be equipped by crouching down and pressing B.

FIRE EMBLEM
*The newcomer for Fire Emblem is Chrom. As if it wasn't obvious enough, he uses the Falchion as his main attack and does NOT replace Ike. Marth, Ike and Chrom are the Fire Emblem characters. Chrom is planned to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the very first game.

*The Assist Trophy for the series is now King Gangrel and Aversa, actually. Lyn does not return. Gangrel runs fast across the stage using his Levin Sword while Aversa flies in the air using her 'Aversa's Night' as an attack. They are considered by Sakurai to be the most "unexpected" additions.

WARIO & YOSHI
*There are no major changes but Wario's classic attire is his default attire. I dunno if movesets are changed or not.

*Ashley is Wario's Assist Trophy and replaces Kat & Ana.

METROID
*Ridley is Metroid's newcomer. They scaled him down to size. Remember that Brawl video showcasing him against the PT Trainer? He looks almost exactly like that. What they did is amazing according to Sakurai.

STAR FOX
*There are no major changes but Falco is further away from being a Fox clone and Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.

ANIMAL CROSSING
*Villager does have a female alt but nothing is changed.

*Tom Nook is the Assist Trophy alongside Mr. Resetti. He will go around randomly dropping bells, causing players to slip.

KID ICARUS
*Palutena is a newcomer. Her arsenal is almost entirely based from Uprising, is what I heard.

*Magnus is the KI Assist Trophy. He goes around swinging a sword and plays similar to Little Mac: fast, strong, but at times, suicidal.

POKEMON
*Mewtwo returns.

*Jigglypuff returns

*No cuts are made.

*Mewtwo and Lucario are not clones and their movesets barely resemble each others'.

KIRBY
*No newcomers for the Kirby series.

*Meta Knight will be revealed in the Summer of 2014, is what I remember.

MOTHER
*There are no major changes made to the Mother series.

RANDOM SERIES
*All misc. characters return with the addition of Little Mac. He looks like he does in the Wii reboot of Punch-Out!!

*WFT's male alt plays almost exactly like the female WFT.

*Yes, WFT does have a butt attack. HFT is given a headbutt instead.

*King Hippo and the Ghosts from Luigi's Mansion are Assist Trophies.

*I may have left out a few more veterans and stuff, but I am only retelling what I was told.

THIRD-PARTY
*We have Sonic and Mega Man in the third party slot.

*Snake does indeed return.

*Pac-Man will be the final newcomer revealed. Well, he won't be revealed...he'll be a secret character.

Go ahead and don't believe me. I know it's a lot to swallow but trust me, I know what I'm doing.

Last edited:

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Nintendo’s launch window has been modified, and titles that should have been released this Christmas will move to 2014. That’s what happened to the so-called Yoshi’s Yarn game; it has been delayed to 2014 since Nintendo will make “Yoshi’s Year”, in a similar way they had made 2013 “Luigi’s Year.”
2014 is the year of yoshi? f'in ghey if you ask me. should be the year of smash brothers and the best smash brothers to date of all time. a smash brothers that will have mewtwoking analyzing frame data on a new game and not a gamecube game. a smash game to boost sales across the globe in a race to the meta game as fast as we all can some time in 2014 at midnight. a smash game that makes old and younger people enter the competetive scene of fighting and demands a spot at evo 2015 despite it being wireless.

i mean yoshi's island was good but gtfo here with the year of yoshi...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Tom Nook and Dark Pit? What makes them stand out from Villager and Pit???

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Keep in mind this was BEFORE Villager was revealed, so this "source" legitimately thought that Tom Nook would act as the AC rep. It's a complete load of ****.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Here you guys go. Something to munch on. Like I stated above, this is the leak I'm more or less sticking with for the time being. Like I stated above, yes, a couple plans changed obviously (namely the third Nintendo exclusive Sonic and every detail associated with it) but once again, look how quickly DKC Tropical Freeze and Watch Dogs became 2014 titles. Plans change, and they change quickly. This leak was before E3, and even last October when Sonic was confirmed, the website still displayed confidence in this leak by saying "We told you so" when Sonic was revealed. I firmly believe in this one because... well... you do NOT leak something like Japanese 3DS eShop Daigasso Band Brothers and NOT know something. Plus this leak claims knowledge of a possible Metroid 3DS title. If that leak the other day about the January 2014 Direct and "Metroid Fracture" is indeed real... well.... *sips drink and lounges in chair*

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/
The guy said that there'd be a Smash teaser at E3 2013 including Little Mac, Takamaru, Tom Nook, Palutena, Dark Pit and Bayonetta. That pretty much disproves it, at least the Smash part of the leak.

He was pretty spot on with the Super Mario 3D World description, and Miyamoto saying that Retro can work at two games at once also supports what they said about them in this leak. Parts of it might be true, but the Smash part of it isn't, that's for sure.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
One can secretly rob your house and the other has a darker look everyone likes.

That said, I wouldn't mind at all to see a Dark Pit costume swap for Pit complete with voice swap. Expecting him to be a separate character is a huge stretch.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I guess so... but I never believed that Tom Nook would be the Animal Crossing rep... I believed that if Sakurai changed his mind about Animal Crossing characters, that Villager would be the playable one, not Tom Nook... simply because Villager is the main character of Animal Crossing games.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
OK see, this is what I was afraid of. Yes, this piece was from before E3 2013. OBVIOUSLY the things stated did not come to happen at E3 2013. As I stated My current theory (until proven otherwise with official info) is that, very much like the much spoken of Mii, Mac n' Pac leak, plans for E3 may have changed, so this very well could have been an early plan. I turned it away once E3 2013 came and went without a single mention of anything mentioned, but once they continued to show confidence in the so called leak even after E3 came and went without a trace of their claims, I put it in my watch list. Plans do change, and often very quickly, as I had mentioned before regarding Watch Dogs and DKC TF, and the fact that such confidence continues to be displayed plus the knowledge of something as obscure as Daigasso Band Brothers, well that makes me confident as well, at least until official information reveals otherwise.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97175555&postcount=7701
Well here is a leak where Ashley was first mentioned as an assist trophy.

Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy.
Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
No new Star Fox characters.
Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
Villager has a female costume.
Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
Mewtwo returns.
Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
No new Kirby characters.
Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
No changes made to the EarthBound series.
All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
Snake returns.
Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character.
2 out of those are correct so far

If the diddy kong one is correct the switch to Dixie kong/diddy kong move must be replacing the banana peel move
I mean after all the tripping mechanic got axed which put banana peels in peril

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The rumor states.

The game doesn't have slightly different gameplay than the older installments, it is interesting that they listed Little Mac since he will 99.9% chance be a new rep in the game, but than again they said he would be shown in the teaser alongside Takamaru, Palutena, and Dark Pit which is not true, and Tom Took was in the CG. While Little Mac might of been announced at E3 2013 but was cut out of the trailer to be announced later.
Ooh, I remember this rumor, I completely forgot it about after Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Megaman were revealed.

splat

Smash Lord
Does anyone remember that 'leak' I posted on page 60?
This one, I mean:

Hello, everyone. I am part of one of the many localization teams working on the new Smash games, and I have some information that some of you might find interesting. The 'big guns' at Nintendo enjoyed the world-wide launch; they're now pushing it for these games as well. Hear me when I say this, though: my position is a fair bit down the line from the actual game development, so any information I have may be outdated - but I'm pretty certain most of it will make the end product.

I'd love to tell you about the game play, but unfortunately I know little more than most of you.

Sakurai is a brilliant man. I just want to put that out there first, because he really is. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U will absolutely blow your mind.

• As many of you suspected, Little Mac will be included in the new games. Like the Star Fox crew before him, he can active some sort of 'conversation' between him and Doc Louis. Little Mac himself remains mostly silent, but Doc gives some of his typical tongue-in-cheek advice (I got a good chuckle out of a lot of them).
  • Mewtwo will return, though I doubt that will come as a surprise to anyone by now.
  • Assist Trophies will be plentiful, but the exact amount will differ between the two games - as will the amount of Pokémon appearing from Poké Balls. Doshin the Giant, Cranky Kong, Kamek and Metroid (who returns from Brawl) are some of the Assist Trophies I've heard about. Electrode (also returning), Musharna and Inkay are among the new Poké Ball Pokémon.
  • Unova's Pokémon League is set to appear as a playable stage in the 3DS version of the game, the Wii U gets a more generic stage.
  • Palutena will keep her role as Pit's Final Smash.
  • Advance Wars will get some love. Not going to spoil what kind - it's more than just a single Assist Trophy - but what it really is; you'll just have to wait and see.
  • Despite being absent from Brawl, the Red Shell and the Barrel Cannon will be in these games.
  • Finally, alternative costumes will appear to some extent - Sakurai has been hinting at it with the male Wii Fit Trainer. Animal Crossing fans are in for a treat as well: the female Villager will appear as an option too.

Keep in mind (can't stress this enough), some of this may be changed (unlikely though). Enjoy, guys!

Yeah, I wrote it, if it wasn't obvious.
I was trying to gauge how gullible the community is, and call you out on it. I wanted to see if it'd start to live it's own life without having a proper source. It was pretty quickly dismissed, though. Possibly because there wasn't enough to discuss, or because it simply wasn't really believable. Either way, good job on not believing everything that's posted here. Figured I might as well 'come clean' and tell everyone I wrote it.

In case anyone thinks I'm an ass for spreading false rumors, I made sure it can be quickly dismissed should anyone bring it up again. "How?", you may ask. Simple; take the first letter of every sentence. Like this:

Hello, everyone.
I am part of one of the many localization teams working on the new Smash games, and I have some information that some of you might find interesting.

The 'big guns' at Nintendo enjoyed the world-wide launch; they're now pushing it for these games as well.
Hear me when I say this, though: my position is a fair bit down the line from the actual game development, so any information I have may be outdated - but I'm pretty certain most of it will make the end product.
I'd love to tell you about the game play, but unfortunately I know little more than most of you.
Sakurai is a brilliant man.

I just want to put that out there first, because he really is.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U will absolutely blow your mind.

As many of you suspected, Little Mac will be included in the new games.
Like the Star Fox crew before him, he can active some sort of 'conversation' between him and Doc Louis.
Little Mac himself remains mostly silent, but Doc gives some of his typical tongue-in-cheek advice (I got a good chuckle out of a lot of them).

Mewtwo will return, though I doubt that will come as a surprise to anyone by now.
Assist Trophies will be plentiful, but the exact amount will differ between the two games - as will the amount of Pokémon appearing from Poké Balls.
Doshin the Giant, Cranky Kong, Kamek and Metroid (who returns from Brawl) are some of the Assist Trophies I've heard about.
Electrode (also returning), Musharna and Inkay are among the new Poké Ball Pokémon.

Unova's Pokémon League is set to appear as a playable stage in the 3DS version of the game, the Wii U gets a more generic stage.
Palutena will keep her role as Pit's Final Smash.

Advance Wars will get some love.
Not going to spoil what kind - it's more than just a single Assist Trophy - but what it really is; you'll just have to wait and see.
Despite being absent from Brawl, the Red Shell and the Barrel Cannon will be in these games.

Finally, alternative costumes will appear to some extent - Sakurai has been hinting at it with the male Wii Fit Trainer.
Animal Crossing fans are in for a treat as well: the female Villager will appear as an option too.
Keep in mind (can't stress this enough), some of this may be changed (unlikely though).
Enjoy, guys!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Yeah, that's not happening.

Tom Nook isn't going to happen.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I guess so... but I never believed that Tom Nook would be the Animal Crossing rep... I believed that if Sakurai changed his mind about Animal Crossing characters, that Villager would be the playable one, not Tom Nook... simply because Villager is the main character of Animal Crossing games.
Yeah but popularity for Tom Nook was higher than the Villager's so I initially thought that he would be chosen. Main characters first from now on I guess. :/

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Does anyone remember that 'leak' I posted on page 60?
This one, I mean:

Hello, everyone. I am part of one of the many localization teams working on the new Smash games, and I have some information that some of you might find interesting. The 'big guns' at Nintendo enjoyed the world-wide launch; they're now pushing it for these games as well. Hear me when I say this, though: my position is a fair bit down the line from the actual game development, so any information I have may be outdated - but I'm pretty certain most of it will make the end product.

Sakurai is a brilliant man. I just want to put that out there first, because he really is. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U will absolutely blow your mind.

• As many of you suspected, Little Mac will be included in the new games. Like the Star Fox crew before him, he can active some sort of 'conversation' between him and Doc Louis. Little Mac himself remains mostly silent, but Doc gives some of his typical tongue-in-cheek advice (I got a good chuckle out of a lot of them).
  • Mewtwo will return, though I doubt that will come as a surprise to anyone by now.
  • Assist Trophies will be plentiful, but the exact amount will differ between the two games - as will the amount of Pokémon appearing from Poké Balls. Doshin the Giant, Cranky Kong, Kamek and Metroid (who returns from Brawl) are some of the Assist Trophies I've heard about. Electrode (also returning), Musharna and Inkay are among the new Poké Ball Pokémon.
  • Unova's Pokémon League is set to appear as a playable stage in the 3DS version of the game, the Wii U gets a more generic stage.
  • Palutena will keep her role as Pit's Final Smash.
  • Advance Wars will get some love. Not going to spoil what kind - it's more than just a single Assist Trophy - but what it really is; you'll just have to wait and see.
  • Despite being absent from Brawl, the Red Shell and the Barrel Cannon will be in these games.
  • Finally, alternative costumes will appear to some extent - Sakurai has been hinting at it with the male Wii Fit Trainer. Animal Crossing fans are in for a treat as well: the female Villager will appear as an option too.

Keep in mind (can't stress this enough), some of this may be changed (unlikely though). Enjoy, guys!

Yeah, I wrote it, if it wasn't obvious.
I was trying to gauge how gullible the community is, and call you out on it. I wanted to see if it'd start to live it's own life without having a proper source. It was pretty quickly dismissed, though. Possibly because there wasn't enough to discuss, or because it simply wasn't really believable. Either way, good job on not believing everything that's posted here. Figured I might as well 'come clean' and tell everyone I wrote it.

In case anyone thinks I'm an *** for spreading false rumors, I made sure it can be quickly dismissed should anyone bring it up again. "How?", you may ask. Simple; take the first letter of every sentence. Like this:

Hello, everyone.
I am part of one of the many localization teams working on the new Smash games, and I have some information that some of you might find interesting.

The 'big guns' at Nintendo enjoyed the world-wide launch; they're now pushing it for these games as well.
Hear me when I say this, though: my position is a fair bit down the line from the actual game development, so any information I have may be outdated - but I'm pretty certain most of it will make the end product.
Sakurai is a brilliant man.

I just want to put that out there first, because he really is.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U will absolutely blow your mind.

As many of you suspected, Little Mac will be included in the new games.
Like the Star Fox crew before him, he can active some sort of 'conversation' between him and Doc Louis.
Little Mac himself remains mostly silent, but Doc gives some of his typical tongue-in-cheek advice (I got a good chuckle out of a lot of them).

Mewtwo will return, though I doubt that will come as a surprise to anyone by now.
Assist Trophies will be plentiful, but the exact amount will differ between the two games - as will the amount of Pokémon appearing from Poké Balls.
Doshin the Giant, Cranky Kong, Kamek and Metroid (who returns from Brawl) are some of the Assist Trophies I've heard about.
Electrode (also returning), Musharna and Inkay are among the new Poké Ball Pokémon.

Unova's Pokémon League is set to appear as a playable stage in the 3DS version of the game, the Wii U gets a more generic stage.
Palutena will keep her role as Pit's Final Smash.

Advance Wars will get some love.
Not going to spoil what kind - it's more than just a single Assist Trophy - but what it really is; you'll just have to wait and see.
Despite being absent from Brawl, the Red Shell and the Barrel Cannon will be in these games.

Finally, alternative costumes will appear to some extent - Sakurai has been hinting at it with the male Wii Fit Trainer.
Animal Crossing fans are in for a treat as well: the female Villager will appear as an option too.
Keep in mind (can't stress this enough), some of this may be changed (unlikely though).
Enjoy, guys!
You, sir, are a freaking genius.

Also, I shall update the OP with the translator leak, my abridged version at least.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
2014 is the year of yoshi? f'in ghey if you ask me. should be the year of smash brothers and the best smash brothers to date of all time.
I think you're jumping the gun there.

Nothing so far suggest this game compares to Melee. At all.
a smash brothers that will have mewtwoking analyzing frame data on a new game and not a gamecube game.quote]
Who cares about M2K and his data that much=???

He's not even the best data analyzer. What he does more is hitbox analysis anyways.

Also, is there anything wrong with the "gamecube game"=???" Not really.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
OK see, this is what I was afraid of. Yes, this piece was from before E3 2013. OBVIOUSLY the things stated did not come to happen at E3 2013. As I stated My current theory (until proven otherwise with official info) is that, very much like the much spoken of Mii, Mac n' Pac leak, plans for E3 may have changed, so this very well could have been an early plan. I turned it away once E3 2013 came and went without a single mention of anything mentioned, but once they continued to show confidence in the so called leak even after E3 came and went without a trace of their claims, I put it in my watch list. Plans do change, and often very quickly, as I had mentioned before regarding Watch Dogs and DKC TF, and the fact that such confidence continues to be displayed plus the knowledge of something as obscure as Daigasso Band Brothers, well that makes me confident as well, at least until official information reveals otherwise.
New, but I wanted to point out the possibility of the people on that site not directly saying that their leak was correct. Maybe the "told you so" came from people thinking Sonic wouldn't return in general? They never said anything beyond "told you so" did they? I would think they would have at least tried to re-establish their credibility.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Anyone who thought Sonic wouldn't return is a fool. In Brawl he contributed to no less than probably 10% of sales. The hype for that transcended video games in many way, and the sales, the numbers, and hype for the reveal show us this.
I was being halfway serious in my post. The rest of your post is all a metter of personal opinion
Okay, lol.

I was gonna say, don't jump the gun yet. The most hardcore pro-Brawl people I knew before Brawl's release all now hate Brawl, lol. I don't want a situation like that again; that's all I'm trying to accomplish.

But alas, the game shall be GLORIOUS even it sucks, because WE HAVE MODDERS AND HACKERS in case either of these 2 games isn't what we want!!!!

And with all the content, from characters, stages, items, game modes, etc., as well as tons of Brawl modding experience, we shall have a GLORIOUS MODDING AND HACKING EXPERIENCE regardless!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mega Man.

It has Mega Man.

and Sonic.

It has Mega Man AND Sonic.

In the same game.

Does Melee have that? No it doesn't.

Melee is NOTHING compared to Smash 4.

Long live Smash 4.
You do know we can and have hacked Melee and Brawl, and that people can and have made Sonic and Mega Man models and PSA's for Melee and Brawl for years, right=???

And apparently a character roster is the only thing that matters instead of the actual gameplay.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
New, but I wanted to point out the possibility of the people on that site not directly saying that their leak was correct. Maybe the "told you so" came from people thinking Sonic wouldn't return in general? They never said anything beyond "told you so" did they? I would think they would have at least tried to re-establish their credibility.
Actually, the thing about it was that they even went so far as to provide a link back to their so called leaks (in all three of their articles pertaining to Sonic's return, they didn't just go "told you so back in May", they actually linked back to their old article, which at first made me go "You'd have to be a fool to think that we'd believe a link leading to a pre-E3 leak AFTER E3 has already come and gone and your Smash Bros related info wasn't shown in the slightest". Then we started seeing things like Daigasso Band Brothers 3DS eShop and I started goin "Huh... well that's a pretty specific detail that virtually no one would guess without inside info".

My thought being that "You'd have to either be really confident, or really stupid, to link back to that leak AFTER E3 already came and went". With things like Daigasso coming to reality, I'm personally leaning more towards the confident side of things.

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/10/01/11-new-sonic-in-super-smash-bros-screenshots/

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/10/01/sonic-confirmed-for-next-smash-bros/

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/10/02/sonic-in-super-smash-bros-debut-screenshots-in-1080p-hd/

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Here, might as well bump the complete original leak, as opposed to just the APC abridged version.

Oh look! I'm not a new account! Yeah, I've been here a while. If you can grasp that fact, I come baring news. I recently got into some money and for that, I chose to travel to Japan. I hired a translator and visited Mr. Sakurai as Smash Bros. is one of my favorite series of all time. I told him if he could give me any news on the series and he reluctantly agreed.

He told me to expect quite a few newcomers and some surprises. Go ahead and take it with a grain of salt but when I get everything right, I will be the one laughing all the way to...uh...my...house.

MARIO
*Rosalina is the first and only Mario newcomer for the game.

*There were plans Waluigi to be playable but he was scrapped and his Assist has been greatly updated and is more devastating than ever before. After Waluigi, the plan was originally to have Toad playable but he was later decided to remain as Peach's B move.

*There were never any plans for Bowser Jr., Paper Mario and Daisy to be playable. The former was considered to be an Assist Trophy, but that idea was quickly rid of in favor of a cult favorite Mario character.

*Fawful is the new Mario Assist Trophy, he replaces Hammer Bro. Fawful is kind-of like this game's Mr. Resetti and he flies around the screen talking in his amazingly hilarious voice and will attack players at random.

DONKEY KONG
*The next character revealed will be Diddy Kong for Tropical Freeze's JP release date.

*There will be a DK newcomer, though. It's King K. Rool...AND Dixie Kong. K. Rool is a standalone player and the heaviest fighter on the roster. Since he is heavy, he is also very powerful and is capable of launching fighters like Kirby and Olimar off the screen with two heavy Smash attacks. He does use the blunderbuss as his final smash. He jumps in the air and releases cannonballs from the top of the screen while launching mini-cannonballs from the side of the screen. Gangplank Galleon is confirmed to be a stage.

*Dixie Kong will be paired with Diddy Kong. Although, they'll play more like Zelda/Shiek than the Ice Climbers. Dixie has her own separate moveset but her moves are not confirmed as she not fully worked on yet.

ZELDA
*There is a Zelda newcomer but who that is, I do not know. They are keeping it a real secret. I did hear the Japanese names for Ghirahim and Tingle but if they're playable, I do not know.

*Ganondorf will retain some of C. Falcon's moveset but he has been buffed. His moveset now includes his sword. The sword can be equipped by crouching down and pressing B.

FIRE EMBLEM
*The newcomer for Fire Emblem is Chrom. As if it wasn't obvious enough, he uses the Falchion as his main attack and does NOT replace Ike. Marth, Ike and Chrom are the Fire Emblem characters. Chrom is planned to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the very first game.

*The Assist Trophy for the series is now King Gangrel and Aversa, actually. Lyn does not return. Gangrel runs fast across the stage using his Levin Sword while Aversa flies in the air using her 'Aversa's Night' as an attack. They are considered by Sakurai to be the most "unexpected" additions.

WARIO & YOSHI
*There are no major changes but Wario's classic attire is his default attire. I dunno if movesets are changed or not.

*Ashley is Wario's Assist Trophy and replaces Kat & Ana.

METROID
*Ridley is Metroid's newcomer. They scaled him down to size. Remember that Brawl video showcasing him against the PT Trainer? He looks almost exactly like that. What they did is amazing according to Sakurai.

STAR FOX
*There are no major changes but Falco is further away from being a Fox clone and Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.

ANIMAL CROSSING
*Villager does have a female alt but nothing is changed.

*Tom Nook is the Assist Trophy alongside Mr. Resetti. He will go around randomly dropping bells, causing players to slip.

KID ICARUS
*Palutena is a newcomer. Her arsenal is almost entirely based from Uprising, is what I heard.

*Magnus is the KI Assist Trophy. He goes around swinging a sword and plays similar to Little Mac: fast, strong, but at times, suicidal.

POKEMON
*Mewtwo returns.

*Jigglypuff returns

*No cuts are made.

*Mewtwo and Lucario are not clones and their movesets barely resemble each others'.

KIRBY
*No newcomers for the Kirby series.

*Meta Knight will be revealed in the Summer of 2014, is what I remember.

MOTHER
*There are no major changes made to the Mother series.

RANDOM SERIES
*All misc. characters return with the addition of Little Mac. He looks like he does in the Wii reboot of Punch-Out!!

*WFT's male alt plays almost exactly like the female WFT.

*Yes, WFT does have a butt attack. HFT is given a headbutt instead.

*King Hippo and the Ghosts from Luigi's Mansion are Assist Trophies.

*I may have left out a few more veterans and stuff, but I am only retelling what I was told.

THIRD-PARTY
*We have Sonic and Mega Man in the third party slot.

*Snake does indeed return.

*Pac-Man will be the final newcomer revealed. Well, he won't be revealed...he'll be a secret character.

Go ahead and don't believe me. I know it's a lot to swallow but trust me, I know what I'm doing.
Well, the full version sounds a wee bit more believable than the shortened one, but that's it.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
You do know we can and have hacked Melee and Brawl, and that people can and have made Sonic and Mega Man models and PSA's for Melee and Brawl for years, right=???

And apparently a character roster is the only thing that matters instead of the actual gameplay.
If you're talking about mods like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUCnvRa1x6I

then

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh, hey, the guy returned to GameFAQs to repost his information and to brag about being right.

Not that him being a braggart matters much, but @Swampasaur ended up being right with his theory...

So, you guys were expecting Ashley to be an Assist?

Yeah, I made up the story but everything I said has truth to it.

It's 100% possible that Sakurai will change some details to throw others off and prove my leak false but everything I said was real at the time.

I'm outie. Biya, guys.

Okay, so now, unless he's going full-on troll by trying to increase his "believability," which would make sense if it's a Smashboards user who reads what's suggested in here, we have to start evaluating that leak on the basis of its information alone, rather than the idiotic story it originally featured.

EDIT: Going to update this post as long as the guy keeps spilling what are ostensibly "beans."

Why did I make up the story? So I can throw him off my trail. He would have known instantly if I said what really happened. Not worth it to me.

BTW, when I say 'Levin Sword', he shoots down lightning with it, not slice others. That's the purpose of the sword.

Also, I'm female, not a guy. ^_^

Still, I'm excited to see what they have in store for these characters. I just hope nothing changes.

P.S.: I meant honestly, did you really expect Ashley to be an AT?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

But this time, they're made by the professionals. They're official.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman

I guess the "Long live Smash 4" at the end of my post wasn't enough to indicate that it was mostly a joke...

I say mostly, because to me, mods/hacks =/= official inclusion. Yeah, we have made characters like Mega Man and Goku playable in Brawl, but there is a MASSIVE difference between a fan mod and that character actually being in the game.

Also, I have no worries about the game play. I found Brawl and Melee very fun in their own ways. At this point, I'm really only focused on the roster, so yes, for me, the roster is pretty much the only thing that matters...at this point in time.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

It matters more than you give it credit for though. I doubt the franchise would have reached the level it is at now without the roster. Yes, the gameplay is important, but the characters are what make you want to get the game.

Though I'll leave the subject here as it can potentially kick up a ****storm.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Actually, the thing about it was that they even went so far as to provide a link back to their so called leaks (in all three of their articles pertaining to Sonic's return, they didn't just go "told you so back in May", they actually linked back to their old article, which at first made me go "You'd have to be a fool to think that we'd believe a link leading to a pre-E3 leak AFTER E3 has already come and gone and your Smash Bros related info wasn't shown in the slightest". Then we started seeing things like Daigasso Band Brothers 3DS eShop and I started goin "Huh... well that's a pretty specific detail that virtually no one would guess without inside info".

My thought being that "You'd have to either be really confident, or really stupid, to link back to that leak AFTER E3 already came and went". With things like Daigasso coming to reality, I'm personally leaning more towards the confident side of things.

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/10/01/11-new-sonic-in-super-smash-bros-screenshots/

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/10/01/sonic-confirmed-for-next-smash-bros/

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/10/02/sonic-in-super-smash-bros-debut-screenshots-in-1080p-hd/
I'm confused about the Tom Nook thing though, that's the only thing that their source messed up on and has almost no way out of. But I DID get suspicious about Nook seeing the dropped invite in the trailer. But since Villager already has all of the Animal Crossing representational moves, what could he do?

splat

Smash Lord
You, sir, are a freaking genius.
Ha, thanks!

I wrote more posts that spelled stuff like 'THISISFAKEASWELL', 'CALLMEOUTONIT' and 'ILIE', but I decided against posting those because I didn't want to spread too much; too much leaks would make it obvious fake, not to mention I didn't really like the feeling of spreading false information, haha.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It matters more than you give it credit for though. I doubt the franchise would have reached the level it is at now without the roster. Yes, the gameplay is important, but the characters are what make you want to get the game.

Though I'll leave the subject here as it can potentially kick up a ****storm.
I'd say it's more of a "Come for the X, Stay for the Y" sort of thing.

The characters are important and make you want to play the game, while the gameplay will keep you playing the game.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'm confused about the Tom Nook thing though, that's the only thing that their source messed up on and has almost no way out of. But I DID get suspicious about Nook seeing the dropped invite in the trailer. But since Villager already has all of the Animal Crossing representational moves, what could he do?
I haven't played Animal Crossing in forever, but if I remember right, Tom Nook didn't have those wide open eyes, his eyes were always partially shut like that. The raccoon in the trailer kinda looks like those two kids of his because their eyes were constantly in wide open mode, lest I'm just not remembering it right.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Well, characters do contribute a lot to the actual gameplay.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Word of wisdom, if you're going to poo-poo a leak, don't do it because you personally find its content unusual. If it's something objectively fishy, like the WFT changing attack animations with its gender, by all means, speak up, but if it's just something you don't think would or should happen, like Ganondorf getting a few new sword attacks, that's really not contributing anything of worth to a leak discussion.

Like the guy who said that Boos or the Pacman Ghosts would be used over Luigi's Mansion Ghosts as an Assist Trophy. You don't know that. For all we know, the Boos could be adventure mode enemies and the Pacman Ghosts could be stage hazards, or the developers could have deemed the generic ghosts more representative of Luigi's Mansion in comparison to Boos, which are mostly Mario platformer enemies.

EDIT: Or saying that "a real leaker wouldn't do XYZ." You don't know that either. This is the crux of most of the stupid anti-E3 leak arguments, and it's just as wrong here. Look, the leak is horrifically fishy, and only even stands a chance at being legitimate if the rich kid story is all a ruse, but stick to the facts, people.
Doesn't contribute anything worthwhile to the leak discussion you say? That assumes the notion that being objectively fishy exists. If we really want to be objective about this, humans are in general, really terrible at conditional probability. A heuristic that simple abides by "all leaks are false" will have a higher accuracy rate then most people here. If we're really going to be so object then why not just have everyone abide by this heuristic and be done with this thread? Or better still we could just wait until we objectively know exactly who is in the game. This is all subjective; please, let's not pretend otherwise.

It's entirely possible that some people legitimately overlooked Ganondorf's sword portion of the leak.

Sorry if I seem a bit irritated. I have a lot of respect for BluePikmin, and I feel as though "not contributing anything" is pretty much the worst thing you can be accused of on a forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom