• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69006128
Hello,

I have a source (kind of) who is working on both Super Smash Brothers titles being released this year. Long story short: my roommate from college is currently living in Japan (has for the last 3 years) working as an English teacher teaching Japanese children the English language. One of his students’ mothers works on graphic design of some of the more shallow aspects of the game (menus, aesthetics, animation from screen to screen, color scheme, and whatnot). He is somebody I trust, and he wouldn’t tell me these things through her if they were phony.

He has befriended her, and after talking, he said she e-mailed him the following (following is his translation of her e-mail):

“The characters in the game are: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Paper Mario, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Tingle, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Marth, Roy, Chrom, Shulk, Wario, Pit, Paletuna, Villager, Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii/Random, Fox, Falco, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, King Dedede, Metaknight, Claus, Ness, Marshal, Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Greninja, Mewtwo, Olimar, Megaman, Sonic, Pac-Man. “Mii/random” box is indeed both playable Miis and a random selection. When playing online, the Miis are not selectable, so the random square replaces it. In regular character selection, there is a “random bar” underneath the bottom row of characters. Five rows of ten characters, all extremely high definition. The characters' boxes pop out toward you when you scroll over them, which is glamorous on the 3DS. There's more than 50 also. Some of the boxes have alternate designs depending on which skin you choose. But that's the final character screen. There are a lot more variations of it depending on what order you unlock characters."

Also mentioned that she knows nothing about movesets or gameplay since she is strictly just involved with aesthetics of the menus and such. I specifically asked why Miis are removed online. He said he asked the same thing, and she didn't know.

I sent him a message on Facebook recently to see if he could find out more from her about other menus (maybe hints at adventure modes, trophy modes, etc), and he said he’d see what he could do. So take that for what it’s worth. I know you don't know me. But the guy wouldn't lie, and he wouldn't share that with me if she was full of it too. I'll post here if I ever hear back from him.

-T.O

Oh he called Palutena, Paltetuna. Probably fake anyways as I've seen FAQ users talking about making a leak parodying the Gematsu leak.
I really like this leak but unless PM is a separate franchise this isn't happening. The story is shady to as we had a very similar back story to a fake leak. Also it piggy back's on Sal's leak so we shall see. I do hope this happens though! Also that 4chan leak bought up with king mii earlier, the leaker never said that about ray, it was some random poster in it. Also I have a feeling the character list is 55 characters, maybe a little more, maybe a little less, there is no reason it can't be that big.

Edit: just add K rool and snake and were good for that list.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So how many other rumors do you think will contain marshal and sal's latest picks now? Edit: Sal I s posting a screen cap, hm this should be interesting.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I really like this leak but unless PM is a separate franchise this isn't happening. The story is shady to as we had a very similar back story to a fake leak. Also it piggy back's on Sal's leak so we shall see. I do hope this happens though! Also that 4chan leak bought up with king mii earlier, the leaker never said that about ray, it was some random poster in it. Also I have a feeling the character list is 55 characters, maybe a little more, maybe a little less, there is no reason it can't be that big.

Edit: just add K rool and snake and were good for that list.
fake.
no way they would have Rosalina paper Mario and bowser j.no way.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
That last leak has A LOT of playable characters yet no retro rep and no 3rd DK rep. Also the 7 Mario reps seem to be there just to justify the number of Pokémon.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I automatically stop reading a leak when the leaker makes up a really elaborate back story.
I automatically stop reading at "Paper Mario."
Sal I s posting a screen cap, hm this should be interesting.
That would be awesome if it were Sal posting the screencap, but no, they mean the guy with the friend with a friend.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Hello,

I have a source (kind of) who is working on both Super Smash Brothers titles being released this year. Long story short: my roommate from college is currently living in Japan (has for the last 3 years) working as an English teacher teaching Japanese children the English language. One of his students’ mothers works on graphic design of some of the more shallow aspects of the game (menus, aesthetics, animation from screen to screen, color scheme, and whatnot). He is somebody I trust, and he wouldn’t tell me these things through her if they were phony.

He has befriended her, and after talking, he said she e-mailed him the following (following is his translation of her e-mail):

“The characters in the game are: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Paper Mario, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Tingle, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Marth, Roy, Chrom, Shulk, Wario, Pit, Paletuna, Villager, Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii/Random, Fox, Falco, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, King Dedede, Metaknight, Claus, Ness, Marshal, Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Greninja, Mewtwo, Olimar, Megaman, Sonic, Pac-Man. “Mii/random” box is indeed both playable Miis and a random selection. When playing online, the Miis are not selectable, so the random square replaces it. In regular character selection, there is a “random bar” underneath the bottom row of characters. Five rows of ten characters, all extremely high definition. The characters' boxes pop out toward you when you scroll over them, which is glamorous on the 3DS. There's more than 50 also. Some of the boxes have alternate designs depending on which skin you choose. But that's the final character screen. There are a lot more variations of it depending on what order you unlock characters."

Also mentioned that she knows nothing about movesets or gameplay since she is strictly just involved with aesthetics of the menus and such. I specifically asked why Miis are removed online. He said he asked the same thing, and she didn't know.

I sent him a message on Facebook recently to see if he could find out more from her about other menus (maybe hints at adventure modes, trophy modes, etc), and he said he’d see what he could do. So take that for what it’s worth. I know you don't know me. But the guy wouldn't lie, and he wouldn't share that with me if she was full of it too. I'll post here if I ever hear back from him.

-T.O

Oh he called Palutena, Paltetuna. Probably fake anyways as I've seen FAQ users talking about making a leak parodying the Gematsu leak.

Well i already suggested Mii's working like some starnge exception when your playing online (due to maybe a custom moveset being part of playing as Mii's) so it's neat to see that implemented somewhere else.

however this is probably just someone taking Sal's leak and going with it so i'm not paying it too much attention. its basically just another "possible" roster, like the guess rosters we've all been making here using sal's leak.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm pretty sure if Miis are in, they won't have customizable move like many originally thought (as the customizable move thing was shown at the Smash Direct).

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
I don't think there was one that predicted him dead on, but the Sal leak said there would a be a new Poke rep from X and Y
And how many people would've still believed the leak when Mega Lucario and Charizard showed up?

Shooting out cold reads makes it really easy to sound correct, especially if the audience WANTS you to be correct.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So 50 characters in that gamefaqs leak, and 7 Mario characters, 6 Pokémon, 5 Zelda, and STILL Ike, Wolf, and Lucas are cut. Really? Room for Roy, Chrom, and Marth but not Ike in that list? Also, like I said, seems like a really large number to not have Dixie, K. Rool, or a retro rep.

Here is an easier to read character list from the leak:

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Rosalina
  5. Paper Mario
  6. Bowser
  7. Bowser Jr.
  8. Donkey Kong
  9. Diddy Kong
  10. Yoshi
  11. Link
  12. Zelda
  13. Sheik
  14. Tingle
  15. Toon Link
  16. Ganondorf
  17. Marth
  18. Roy
  19. Chrom
  20. Shulk
  21. Wario
  22. Pit
  23. Palutena
  24. Villager
  25. Mr. Game and Watch
  26. R.O.B
  27. Captain Falcon
  28. Little Mac
  29. Wii Fit Trainer
  30. Fox
  31. Falco
  32. Samus
  33. Zero Suit Samus
  34. Kirby
  35. King Dedede
  36. Metaknight
  37. Claus
  38. Ness
  39. Marshal
  40. Pikachu
  41. Charizard
  42. Jigglypuff
  43. Lucario
  44. Greninja
  45. Mewtwo
  46. Olimar
  47. Megaman
  48. Sonic
  49. Pac-Man
  50. Mii/Random

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Almost all of them, just like Mii and Pacman. Also no Ridley.
Probably, although I am not buying no ridley until sakurai de confirms him officially.

fake.
no way they would have Rosalina paper Mario and bowser j.no way.
Probably, as I said unless PM repped the Pm series and not the Mario, then it won't happen.

I automatically stop reading at "Paper Mario."
That would be awesome if it were Sal posting the screencap, but no, they mean the guy with the friend with a friend.
Oh my mistake then sorry, then I am not as interested, but still intrigued.

See above.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Hello,

-T.O

Seems too fishy. Roster feels more like a "dream" roster. Bit about Mii's not being playable online kinda makes sense, but at the same time, not-so-much. A lot of the description here is too vague. Facebook is too public. If this person is not lying, then it would be too easy to see the message. Possibly. I dunno. Backstory seems...off somehow.

Edit: Person mentions over 50 "boxes" (seems to be referring to character selection screen)...but lists only 50 playable characters, with that amount being treated as the final roster.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So 50 characters in that gamefaqs leak, and 7 Mario characters, 6 Pokémon, 5 Zelda, and STILL Ike, Wolf, and Lucas are cut. Really? Room for Roy, Chrom, and Marth but not Ike in that list? Also, like I said, seems like a really large number to not have Dixie, K. Rool, or a retro rep.

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Rosalina
  5. Paper Mario
  6. Bowser
  7. Bowser Jr.
  8. Donkey Kong
  9. Diddy Kong
  10. Yoshi
  11. Link
  12. Zelda
  13. Sheik
  14. Tingle
  15. Toon Link
  16. Ganondorf
  17. Marth
  18. Roy
  19. Chrom
  20. Shulk
  21. Wario
  22. Pit
  23. Palutena
  24. Villager
  25. Mr. Game and Watch
  26. R.O.B
  27. Captain Falcon
  28. Little Mac
  29. Wii Fit Trainer
  30. Fox
  31. Falco
  32. Samus
  33. Zero Suit Samus
  34. Kirby
  35. King Dedede
  36. Metaknight
  37. Claus
  38. Ness
  39. Marshal
  40. Pikachu
  41. Charizard
  42. Jigglypuff
  43. Lucario
  44. Greninja
  45. Mewtwo
  46. Olimar
  47. Megaman
  48. Sonic
  49. Pac-Man
  50. Mii/Random
4 cuts, ok that is suspicious, then I am not buying it. Also DK probably isn't going to stay 2 reps again.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Someone is gonna post 'Smash Image'? A leaker? The last time I was there when a leaker leaked, it was with XY, when a person leaked Hawlucha. Epic.

Let's see this be fake~

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Someone is gonna post 'Smash Image'? A leaker? The last time I was there when a leaker leaked, it was with XY, when a person leaked Hawlucha. Epic.

Let's see this be fake~
what if it's just the email or a poorly photoshopped picture?

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Backstory seems...off somehow.
His backstory is my college roommate is now an English teacher in Japan, one of his students' mothers is a graphic designer who works on a shallow aspect of the game such as the character select screen. She e-mailed him the entire 50-character roster and he told me about it, so now I am posting it on GameFAQs. That does indeed seem quite "off."

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Rosalina
  5. Paper Mario
  6. Bowser
  7. Bowser Jr.
  8. Donkey Kong
  9. Diddy Kong
  10. Yoshi
  11. Link
  12. Zelda
  13. Sheik
  14. Tingle
  15. Toon Link
  16. Ganondorf
  17. Marth
  18. Roy
  19. Chrom
  20. Shulk
  21. Wario
  22. Pit
  23. Palutena
  24. Villager
  25. Mr. Game and Watch
  26. R.O.B
  27. Captain Falcon
  28. Little Mac
  29. Wii Fit Trainer
  30. Fox
  31. Falco
  32. Samus
  33. Zero Suit Samus
  34. Kirby
  35. King Dedede
  36. Metaknight
  37. Claus
  38. Ness
  39. Marshal
  40. Pikachu
  41. Charizard
  42. Jigglypuff
  43. Lucario
  44. Greninja
  45. Mewtwo
  46. Olimar
  47. Megaman
  48. Sonic
  49. Pac-Man
  50. Mii/Random

just realized this leak "cuts" ice climbers.

fake.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
just realized this leak "cuts" ice climbers.

fake.
Didn't even notice that! 5 cuts then. Not only is it super fake but it looks like it took a bit from your idea of how Miis might play. Hilarious.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I doubt he's even going to post a picture. It's best we jut ignore that "leak".

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Sal's screen cap is just going to say "Fooled you!"

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Didn't even notice that! 5 cuts then. Not only is it super fake but it looks like it took a bit from your idea of how Miis might play. Hilarious.
yeah took me a second to see they were missing, i like to use the roster maker when looking at leaks so i can "see" what is being proposed, thats when i realized they were cut.

while im flattered that someone might have read my Mii idea and thought it was good, and i personally could still see them working in some way like that, this leak is clearly fake.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I just went through the GameFAQs thread, turns out this screencap he mentions will be of the Facebook conversation. So nothing to bother waiting for.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Screens 'of the conversation'... This is why the word clarification was invented.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Not even going to bother reading those. Nothing to see here indeed.

So....um, hey guys.

How 'bout them Palutena pictures?

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I'm going to laugh if one of that guy's characters is confirmed/deconfirmed. Ice Climbers AT would be hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom