• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Someone above you just said that they were screens of the conversation:dizzy:...
Well I should've been paying attention but I wish someone said it sooner.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
That leak is not true. I can already tell.

They're NOT going to cut Ike to replace him with Roy. That doesn't make ANY sense. Not to mention cutting Lucas for Claus, an important character to Mother 3 who still is not more significant to it than Lucas.

Fake fake fake.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

They're NOT going to cut Ike to replace him with Roy. That doesn't make ANY sense.

Fake fake fake.
Technically they replace him with Chrom and randomly bring Roy back. Not as random as cutting Lucas and replacing him with Claus, but, you know, still random. Literally everything from that leak could have come from theories in the last 30 or so pages of this thread.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

They're NOT going to cut Ike to replace him with Roy. That doesn't make ANY sense. Not to mention cutting Lucas for Claus, an important character to Mother 3 who still is not more significant to it than Lucas.

Fake fake fake.
you say that but consider the following roy didnt take ikes place: chrom did i say that because(as has been beatn like a dead horse) roy was cut due to time constraints in brawl(same as mewtwo)

EDIT: Greninja'd

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
On the Sal leak, I don't think it's false, but I'm also not convinced it's 100% correct. There's unfortunately no way to tell unless Sal gets more information from his informant.

Here's my take on it: The guy who is leaking information to Sal works in the game industry, possibly for Nintendo or Namco, but isn't close enough with the development team to get information firsthand, or regularly. Why is it we've only gotten these leaks from him right around major events? I believe it's because this guy only gets information around these events, and never any other time.

That said, he's probably not getting his information early as we're thinking about it. Maybe he's a video editor or visualizer, or just works in a press room. He's probably seeing this stuff mere hours before it gets presented to the public, and otherwise has no access to it.

My theory is that he's going into a presentation room with press or a preview group, seeing the information ahead of time, and then reporting it to Sal as soon as possible in order to get the information out. More than likely he's not allowed to have a cell phone or camera in the room with him, so if he's not a fan of Pokemon, that might explain the vagueness of "a Pokemon from X and Y." The guy might have heard and seen Greninja's reveal, but not really having an interest or playing Pokemon, after the presentation could not remember the name of the Pokemon that was revealed, instead just remembering that it was something from that new X and Y game.

This is my theory. It may be right or it may not be. That's why it's a theory. But for me, it makes sense. After working in the gaming industry for years, I know companies tend to keep things hush hush, but they do reveal info to other companies, magazines, and the press before they reveal it to the public. Sometimes it's an hour before, sometimes it's a day before.

But the fact remains that certain people get this info early, and Sal's leaker has never given us this information far and beyond the amount I figure the press would have access to it. This tells me his leaker possibly doesn't work for Nintendo or Namco, but is instead simply getting a sneak peak and reporting it to Sal in order to be credible.

What's that say about the remaining characters he has predicted but have not been revealed, like Miis, Pac-Man, Shulk, Marshal, etc.? That's where I'm reserving judgement. It's possible they mention these characters at these press events and just ask people not to say anything to the public or perhaps make them sign a form, but that seems incredibly unlikely. It's also possible that Sal's informant works slightly closer to Nintendo or Namco to get inside info himself during these events, and is thus reporting them along with the official characters revealed. Or he could be making them up alongside the actual characters in order to get speculation going.

That's why I'm reserving judgement. I want to believe the Sal leaks as I think they make a fun and unique roster, but nothing is 100% official unless Sakurai says it is. While Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, and Villager might have been hard to predict weeks or months before E3 last year, they would not have been hard to predict hours or even a day before the event for someone working there or in the press, in my opinion, because that information would be floating around prior to the event. And unless someone can correct me here, I believe Sal got his first leak just shy of a day before E3. With this second leak just hours before the direct, I'm inclined to draw the theories I've just posted.

Whew. Sorry for the massive post, but read it and let me know if you think it sounds likely.

tl;dr version: Sal's informant may merely have access to information a few hours earlier than the public does, so while some of his info is correct, the rest may or may not be. Take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
God damn, I was excited... Here's an unrelated thought. What if sakurai is actually the person that "leaked" the palutena pics? Or ordered to leak. Maybe he's trying to mess with us to know how we would react later on. Im saying that because of the direct, that pseudo-palutena, a pit figure that was beside sakurai for no reason at a point, AND at the credits that were showing all of the characters, pit was showed with 4 clips while all others had only 2. I said this before but I just wanted to remind you

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
What's all this about a Sal screen?
False alarm, just a Facebook conversation concerning a very fake looking leak. (the Gamefaqs one listed a few pages back.)

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
False alarm, just a Facebook conversation concerning a very fake looking leak. (the Gamefaqs one listed a few pages back.)
Ah ok. Thanks.

he's not a fan of Pokemon, that might explain the vagueness of "a Pokemon from X and Y."
So he knows it's from x and y but doesn't know the name, or can't at least give a vague description?

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
God damn, I was excited... Here's an unrelated thought. What if sakurai is actually the person that "leaked" the palutena pics? Or ordered to leak. Maybe he's trying to mess with us to know how we would react later on. Im saying that because of the direct, that pseudo-palutena, a pit figure that was beside sakurai for no reason at a point, AND at the credits that were showing all of the characters, pit was showed with 4 clips while all others had only 2. I said this before but I just wanted to remind you
he loves kid Icarus. it now has 4 items from what I can tell.(x bomb, that eye turret, ore club, driller arm)
yeah and he is teasing a palutena reveal at any chance he gets!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
On the Sal leak, I don't think it's false, but I'm also not convinced it's 100% correct. There's unfortunately no way to tell unless Sal gets more information from his informant.

Here's my take on it: The guy who is leaking information to Sal works in the game industry, possibly for Nintendo or Namco, but isn't close enough with the development team to get information firsthand, or regularly. Why is it we've only gotten these leaks from him right around major events? I believe it's because this guy only gets information around these events, and never any other time.

That said, he's probably not getting his information early as we're thinking about it. Maybe he's a video editor or visualizer, or just works in a press room. He's probably seeing this stuff mere hours before it gets presented to the public, and otherwise has no access to it.

My theory is that he's going into a presentation room with press or a preview group, seeing the information ahead of time, and then reporting it to Sal as soon as possible in order to get the information out. More than likely he's not allowed to have a cell phone or camera in the room with him, so if he's not a fan of Pokemon, that might explain the vagueness of "a Pokemon from X and Y." The guy might have heard and seen Greninja's reveal, but not really having an interest or playing Pokemon, after the presentation could not remember the name of the Pokemon that was revealed, instead just remembering that it was something from that new X and Y game.

This is my theory. It may be right or it may not be. That's why it's a theory. But for me, it makes sense. After working in the gaming industry for years, I know companies tend to keep things hush hush, but they do reveal info to other companies, magazines, and the press before they reveal it to the public. Sometimes it's an hour before, sometimes it's a day before.

But the fact remains that certain people get this info early, and Sal's leaker has never given us this information far and beyond the amount I figure the press would have access to it. This tells me his leaker possibly doesn't work for Nintendo or Namco, but is instead simply getting a sneak peak and reporting it to Sal in order to be credible.

What's that say about the remaining characters he has predicted but have not been revealed, like Miis, Pac-Man, Shulk, Marshal, etc.? That's where I'm reserving judgement. It's possible they mention these characters at these press events and just ask people not to say anything to the public or perhaps make them sign a form, but that seems incredibly unlikely. It's also possible that Sal's informant works slightly closer to Nintendo or Namco to get inside info himself during these events, and is this reporting them along with the official characters revealed. Or he could be making them up alongside the actual characters in order to get speculation going.

That's why I'm reserving judgement. I want to believe the Sal leaks as I think they make a fun and unique roster, but nothing is 100% official unless Sakurai says it is. While Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, and Villager might have been hard to predict weeks or months before E3 last year, they would not have been hard to predict hours or even a day before the event, in my opinion, because that information would be floating around prior to the event. And unless someone can correct me here, I believe Sal got his first leak just shy of a day before E3. With this second leak just hours before the direct, I'm inclined to draw the theories I've just posted.

Whew. Sorry for the massive post, but read it and let me know if you think it sounds likely.

tl;dr version: Sal's informant may merely have access to information a few hours earlier than the public does, so while some of his info is correct, the rest may or may not be. Take it with a grain of salt.
This makes a ton of sense, actually. I actually don't know if I want the leak to be real or not, I think I'm pretty neutral on it to be honest. On one hand, Shulk and Palutena are two of my most wanted characters and I can see everyone of the leaked characters having a fun and unique moveset. On the other hand, I'm still pretty "meh" on Mii over all and there are some new comers I'd much rather see then what's on that list. Like I said, neutral.

@WhiteEaglePL You forgot the backshield on your list of Kid Icarus items.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
As of right now I'm starting to lean towards the Sal leak being correct....although I'm not convinced it's completely inclusive. At least not yet.

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
image.jpg

Where is this image from? I saw it in google an tried clicking on it, but the website showed nothing. Can someone explain?

Extrain

Smash Journeyman

What's that say about the remaining characters he has predicted but have not been revealed, like Miis, Pac-Man, Shulk, Marshal, etc.? That's where I'm reserving judgement. It's possible they mention these characters at these press events and just ask people not to say anything to the public or perhaps make them sign a form, but that seems incredibly unlikely. It's also possible that Sal's informant works slightly closer to Nintendo or Namco to get inside info himself during these events, and is this reporting them along with the official characters revealed. Or he could be making them up alongside the actual characters in order to get speculation going.

That's why I'm reserving judgement. I want to believe the Sal leaks as I think they make a fun and unique roster, but nothing is 100% official unless Sakurai says it is. While Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, and Villager might have been hard to predict weeks or months before E3 last year, they would not have been hard to predict hours or even a day before the event, in my opinion, because that information would be floating around prior to the event. And unless someone can correct me here, I believe Sal got his first leak just shy of a day before E3. With this second leak just hours before the direct, I'm inclined to draw the theories I've just posted.

Great post.
:tired: Let me edit that.
Shadow is just an old render.
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/164/d/5/shadow_the_hedgehog_by_fentonxd-d68uhgm.png

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
because im about to create a leak just for the lols......and watch you all analyse it.
because why would I even have time ofcourse not........or will I? or maybe? but surely not? XD

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Why replace Lucas with Claus? Aren't they twins anyway? And Lucas has a Claus palette, too.

There's no need for it. :laugh:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
You know, just to play devil's advocate here...

If you take the roster from that Gamefaqs guy and line it up like he says it is (5 rows of 10) in the order given, it lines them up really nicely. Puts the females in a column, the villians in a column in the middle, the flat characters all together in a column.

Though that could also be carefully constructed.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
because im about to create a leak just for the lols......and watch you all analyse it.
because why would I even have time ofcourse not........or will I? or maybe? but surely not? XD
I'll tell you right now you'll get a trolling infraction if you do. There's plenty of ways to have fun without adding to the inundation of false rumors floating around here.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
The fact there's no new DK character (when the DK series is more popular than ever) makes this scream fake to me. We're getting Dixie, K. Rool or both. It's that simple.

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
Because it doesn't show up on google search I will say you have created it yourself and you attached it instead of urling it so...
Google: Super Smash Bros. wiiu and 3ds leaks, its towards the beginning... Lol its on article.wn.com, but nothing shows.
Edit: i wasnt posting a leak, cuz im sure it was old anyways, just asking what it was, thanks.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
You know, just to play devil's advocate here...

If you take the roster from that Gamefaqs guy and line it up like he says it is (5 rows of 10) in the order given, it lines them up really nicely. Puts the females in a column, the villians in a column in the middle, the flat characters all together in a column.

Though that could also be carefully constructed.
Neat. But I will still wait for someone to find some major flaws in this Before I judge.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
The fact there's no new DK character (when the DK series is more popular than ever) makes this scream fake to me. We're getting Dixie, K. Rool or both. It's that simple.
Source? Unless you have one, your guess is as probable as that, or any of the other deconfirmed, leaks.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Source? Unless you have one, your guess is as probable as that, or any of the other deconfirmed, leaks.
It's just my opinion. I don't see why DK would get passed up on a new rep for this game, but it's up to you to believe my opinion or not.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Aside from the Palutena leak and possibly the Sal leak, has there been any noteworthy leaks to pop up? Particularly since the direct aired? This last GameFAQS one is far too fishy for my tastes.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Ok on the Sal leak:

It is not about if he got something right or wrong or that he got it "but something was off" about his prediction (vagueness or when the character would be shown).

The ONLY question I or anyone else here should care about is "Does Sal have information about the game?"

NOT "can we poke holes in what he said so it could be a guess?"

Fact is he probably DOES, these aren't guesses.

Here's a few things that need to be taken into account "the psychology of a faker", if Sal had faked the E3 info he'd have rode the "I guessed it train" and acted like he knew everything. he didn't, he stayed quiet. After little mac is revealed did he gloat about it? nope.

Instead when does Sal pop up again? RIGHT before we are about to get a bunch more info at the direct. This seems logical, if say Sals "leaker friend" is involved with nintendo of america, things like E3 and the direct being translated are probably the times when sals friend would actually GET info. it makes sense.

Now here's the other thing, if Sal was faking he wouldn't give us MORE CHARACTERS an hour before the direct. Thats literally putting all of his credibility on the line, more characters means more chances to be WRONG. Palutena could have been shown to be Pit's final smash for example, Chrom could have been an assist trophy ect... He could have said midna or someone was in the game and would have immediately lost all credibility.

Not only is it tough to guess 5 characters (one of which being WFT cant stress that enough) but to also NOT get any of the other characters deconfirmed for this long is near impossible odds. exponentially giving more info means exponentially more chances to be wrong and since he hasnt hes gained more and more credibility than just what he got right.

So instead of just poking holes in Sals leak, look at the big picture.

He isnt doing what someone "making stuff up" would do, it all makes sense with how someone who actually got info (the only thing we should care about) would play this.
THIS.
Is anyone able to actually get in contact with Sal and ask? or has he taken the stance that he only talks when he's ready?

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
THIS.
Is anyone able to actually get in contact with Sal and ask? or has he taken the stance that he only talks when he's ready?
Sal does not have information. His tipper on the other hand does, so it would be nice if we could contact him. Obviously that's not going to happen because it might put him in danger,plus he's very busy from what we've heard.

Last edited:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Aren't there any new rumors or leaks since the Smash Direct? Sorry, but missed to visit the thread for about a week and there are always so many pages to look up again, so it would be good to know if there were even a reason to look things up again.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
It's just my opinion. I don't see why DK would get passed up on a new rep for this game, but it's up to you to believe my opinion or not.
What makes you think Dixie or K. Rool will come along? They haven't been relevant in ages. And even if Dixie was playable, what unique moveset would she have?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sure I believe that GameFaqs leak. But the lack of a DK addition is certainly not the reason why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom