• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Aren't there any new rumors or leaks since the Smash Direct? Sorry, but missed to visit the thread for about a week and there are always so many pages to look up again, so it would be good to know if there were even a reason to look things up again.
Not really. Just two "leaks" that basically said the same thing that the Gematsu leak says.
What makes you think Dixie or K. Rool will come along? They haven't been relevant in ages. And even if Dixie was playable, what unique moveset would she have?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sure I believe that GameFaqs leak. But the lack of a DK addition is certainly not the reason why.
I agree that it's not a reason why it's fake, but DK has a lot going for a rep. Kremlings being in smash run is an example of why. And I'm sure Sakurai could give a character like Dixie a unique move set if he could for Diddy.

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Not really. Just two "leaks" that basically said the same thing that the Gematsu leak says.

I agree that it's not a reason why it's fake, but DK has a lot going for a rep. Kremlings being in smash run is an example of why. And I'm sure Sakurai could give a character like Dixie a unique move set if he could for Diddy.
Didn't Nintendo recently, or at least after Brawl's creation, purchase the right for the Kremlings back from Rare? They may just be taking advantage of that in a game that is supposed to honor Nintendo's history. That still doesn't change the fact that K. Rool has been irrelevant to the franchise for years.

Maybe Funky Kong will be playable. I'd dig that. He's at least been in Mario Kart.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice

The Kremlings do scream K. Rool, but at the same time they could have simply been thrown in to have DK fodder villains in Smash Run to represent the series. I would like to see K. Rool as a playable character though but I have a feeling he'll be a boss like Yellow Devil and Ridley.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
What makes you think Dixie or K. Rool will come along? They haven't been relevant in ages. And even if Dixie was playable, what unique moveset would she have?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sure I believe that GameFaqs leak. But the lack of a DK addition is certainly not the reason why.
Dixie's pretty relevant now actually. Sakurai's been pulling from recent games and since Dixie was planned for Brawl in some way, and she's in Tropical Freeze, I wouldn't doubt her inclusion. Smash Run has Kremlings and they haven't appeared since 2008. I'd say the lack of a DK rep is a big indicator that this leak is a stinker.

Didn't Nintendo recently, or at least after Brawl's creation, purchase the right for the Kremlings back from Rare? They may just be taking advantage of that in a game that is supposed to honor Nintendo's history. That still doesn't change the fact that K. Rool has been irrelevant to the franchise for years.

Maybe Funky Kong will be playable. I'd dig that. He's at least been in Mario Kart.
...Nintendo always had the rights to the Kremlings. How anyone thinks Rare still owns them just baffles me. They only stopped showing up when Retro had their take on the DK series.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
WHY IS EVERYONE PLAYING DEVIL'S ADVOCATE?!

The Kremlings do scream K. Rool, but at the same time they could have simply been thrown in to have DK fodder villains in Smash Run to represent the series. I would like to see K. Rool as a playable character though but I have a feeling he'll be a boss like Yellow Devil and Ridley.
There are Tikis in there too, the Kremlings weren't needed to represent DK enemies.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So i've spend a ton of time reading up on all the posts. Anyone who claims Sal's leak isn't credible is crazy. Wii Fit Trainer was on NO ONE'S radar. Plus Villager wasn't an easy guess after what Sakurai said. And the likelihood he would not only guess both but be correct is unbelievable. It's anyone's guess why Little Mac, Mii, and Pacman weren't revealed at E3, but if i had to guess, it's because Brawl's original trailer got people super hype about the game and then disappointed when it finally came out because they where expecting so much more. Only revealing 3 could mean they wanted to lower expectations and not raise them. like with Brawl. And this is coming from someone who doesn't even like Mii or Pacman. But now that we've seen the Galaga enemies and the flag, Pacman is too likely because of the Namco stuff. And everyone keeps talking about the Find Mii stage having a crown, but seem to have forgotten about the Tomodachi Life stage which could have the Mii symbol because it wasn't shown.
Regardless, does that mean Sal's leak has the final roster? Not at all- he didn't know Rosalina, so there could be more characters still. But at this point, it's better to assume the leak is true than to doubt it. It's also likely Sal's tipper only knows info day or so early, as perilously mentioned. This could mean the tipper might not know about unlockables This part is mere speculation.

tl;dr: It's pretty apparent Sal has a tipper and his info is innocent until proven guilty. There could be more characters he doesn't know because of Rosalina.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
There are Tikis in there too, the Kremlings weren't needed to represent DK enemies.
I would find it a little strange to see kremlings, a form of minion not seen since K Rool was the main enemy, and no K Rool. Theres always the possibilty we dont get anything for DK, but it is one of, if not the most deserving of another addition out of all the series currently in. It seems like a waste of effort to allude towards K Rool, then just disappoint fans who were expecting him.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Does the one game logic really matter for Smash Brothers? This has been trumped numerous times. Sakurai didn't have to put Kremlings, but there they are.
The Kremlings are in more DK though. It's like saying Dimentio should have gotten in before Bowser in Smash to say Tikis should be in first.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
So i've spend a ton of time reading up on all the posts. Anyone who claims Sal's leak isn't credible is crazy. Wii Fit Trainer was on NO ONE'S radar. Plus Villager wasn't an easy guess after what Sakurai said. And the likelihood he would not only guess both but be correct is unbelievable. It's anyone's guess why Little Mac, Mii, and Pacman weren't revealed at E3, but if i had to guess, it's because Brawl's original trailer got people super hype about the game and then disappointed when it finally came out because they where expecting so much more. Only revealing 3 could mean they wanted to lower expectations and not raise them. like with Brawl. And this is coming from someone who doesn't even like Mii or Pacman. But now that we've seen the Galaga enemies and the flag, Pacman is too likely because of the Namco stuff. And everyone keeps talking about the Find Mii stage having a crown, but seem to have forgotten about the Tomodachi Life stage which could have the Mii symbol because it wasn't shown.
Regardless, does that mean Sal's leak has the final roster? Not at all- he didn't know Rosalina, so there could be more characters still. But at this point, it's better to assume the leak is true than to doubt it. It's also likely Sal's tipper only knows info day or so early, as perilously mentioned. This could mean the tipper might not know about unlockables This part is mere speculation.

tl;dr: It's pretty apparent Sal has a tipper and his info is innocent until proven guilty. There could be more characters he doesn't know because of Rosalina.
If I could play Devil's Advocate... I'm sorry guys I couldn't resist.

Anyways, Wii Fit Trainer actually wasn't hard for my friends and I to predict. After they announced production had started for the new Smash, my friends and I got together and tried to think of a few ridiculous characters that could get into the game so we looked up Wii game sells and saw that Wii Fit was (if I remember correctly) a top 3 seller for the Wii so we all concluded that the Trainer would somehow get in as this Smash's version of G&W and ROB. I remember my phone blowing up with texts that day she was announced as we all laughed about it.

Now personally, I believe the Sal leak, which upsets me because it seems that once again my boy Issac is an afterthought. My fingers are crossed that he ends up being like Rosalina and just not mentioned by Sal.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Hey guys whats the sal leak about?

And link please?
Sal Romano's predictions on a NeoGAF post | Sal Romano's second set of rumours on Gematsu

If I could play Devil's Advocate... I'm sorry guys I couldn't resist.

Anyways, Wii Fit Trainer actually wasn't hard for my friends and I to predict. After they announced production had started for the new Smash, my friends and I got together and tried to think of a few ridiculous characters that could get into the game so we looked up Wii game sells and saw that Wii Fit was (if I remember correctly) a top 3 seller for the Wii so we all concluded that the Trainer would somehow get in as this Smash's version of G&W and ROB. I remember my phone blowing up with texts that day she was announced as we all laughed about it.

Now personally, I believe the Sal leak, which upsets me because it seems that once again my boy Issac is an afterthought. My fingers are crossed that he ends up being like Rosalina and just not mentioned by Sal.
On the other hand, however, you could say that she was very unlikely by the majority. But anectodal evidence doesn't matter that much if we're talking objectively.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
We've probably linked the Sal leak plenty of times at this point. Is it really that hard to look?
I diden't see the link dude but even though I found it I want the link anyway but

Anyway VORUS MEN FROM rhythm heaven for the second wtf character no no duck hunt dog is more likely than that

The only way I will take the bait is 2conditions

1 pacman and mii being confirmed

2 if this was way before greninja was announce (pokemon x and y character)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I diden't see the link dude but even though I found it I want the link anyway but

Anyway VORUS MEN FROM rhythm heaven for the second wtf character no no duck hunt dog is more likely than that

pacman and mii are EXTREMELY likely.........
and yeah it was before greninja announced.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Not that there's anything wrong with what you want, but I will point out that Nintendo basically IS the '80s and '90s in video games. Seriously, in the last game all but four characters were from those two decades (and three of those were from '80s/'90s franchises). And now it looks like we're getting four more characters from the '80s. Ridley, K. Rool, Takamaru, and Mewtwo would certainly be nice additions, yes, but we arguably have just about every other Smash-worthy Nintendo character in the game already, so I feel like you should be pretty happy!
Hah, that's true. It's just the first Smash with only a few newcomers I'm hyped for. Melee and Brawl both had huge amounts of newcomers that were in my gaming wheelhouse. But hey, maybe I'll learn to like some of these new characters and try their games. The game isn't made for any one fanbase anyway, so we can all just hope we get part of what we want. That's why I hope either K.Rool or Ridley get in. Just one of them.

Not that this is ontopic. That new leak sounds extremely fake to me...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

First rumor:
1. Villager (confirmed)
2. Mega Man (confirmed)
3. Wii Fit Trainer (confirmed)
4. Little Mac (confirmed)
5. Pac-Man
6. Mii

Second rumor:
7. Shulk
8. Palutena
9. Chrom
10. Chorus Men
11. Greninja (aka Pokemon from Pokemon X & Y; confirmed)

Confirmed:
13. Rosalina & Luma

Where are the retro newcomers? I want Takamaru and Duck Hunt Dog. :sadeyes::crying:

I would be shocked if we didn't get Ridley (and I am not even a supporter) and a Donkey Kong newcomer (Dixie please).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
People need to grasp that Sakurai doesn't go by the fan "retro" criteria. Then they would clearly see Little Mac is the token "classic" character.
I meant characters from franchises that hasn't had a game since the 1980's (Ice Climbers, R.O.B.) or early 1990's (Mr. Game & Watch, Pit). I understand that's not the criteria Sakurai is going by.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
People need to grasp that Sakurai doesn't go by the fan "retro" criteria. Then they would clearly see Little Mac is the token "classic" character.
This. Little Mac's only had one game post-SNES, and it was essentially a remake, so I still consider him a retro character. But I think Takamaru is likely as well, and it would make for a cool east vs. west thing with him and Mac.

Last edited:

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
Sals leak is not the final roster of newcomers so people stop being butthurt about your newcomer not being in it

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
pit is no longer a retro character.
we already have 2 .....well 1 to an extent.(littlemac) the other retro character is 3rd party megaman.......now only takamaru could possibly be picked by sakurai.......could.

D

Deleted member

Greninja was in two games, Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. :troll:
I know you're trolling, but Greninja was in at least two games.
Pokémon Battle Trozei exists.

I meant characters from franchises that hasn't had a game since the 1980's (Ice Climbers, R.O.B.) or early 1990's (Mr. Game & Watch, Pit). I understand that's not the criteria Sakurai is going by.
So....like Samus?
(Specifically at the part about G&W and Pit, which is untrue for G&W, since prior to his debut in Smash there were Game & Watch Gallery games)

and the tikis were in mario kart 7(and 8)
Dude, what in the Hell are you even trying to argue?
They were discussing about the DK series specifically, on how Kremlings are a bigger part of it than the Tikis. Bringing up Greninja out of nowhere and claiming the point that was made is invalid is literally spewing random words for the sake of proving a point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have always viewed Game & Watch Gallery games to be Mario spin-off games based on Game & Watch games. I suspect many 90's kids bought them because they had Mario characters, not because they were nuts about Game & Watch games.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Sals leak is not the final roster of newcomers so people stop being butthurt about your newcomer not being in it
Yeah, at least wait until the full roster is revealed. THEN you can be butthurt! (I'm sure I will, heh)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So essentially, you should be asking "where are the newcomers I define to be retro?".

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
This is a pretty stupid comment actually, retro clearly means characters who haven't been unearthed and that's how he views it too if you read the interview comments he makes. How come younger games have such a piss poor understanding of this? I mean didn't one other person in here not even know who Mega Man was? This is a damn joke. It's like people only play like one franchise and only come to this website if they use the internet.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine...-characters-back-to-smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds/

Little Mac does not qualify.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
disclaime: taking the leak as being true, there to much going toward it and to dismiss it will be me in denial.

Marshal looks like a cool character that's not the point, the point is sakurai picking random characters and ignoring highly demanded ones. Most newcomers are japan catered with the west being thrown little mac and ignored otherwise. If he did take west into consideration do you without bias for sakurai know any reasion why ridley and king k rool was not included? I got an article on this I write when I have more time, I am not trying to be a troll I try to be a good contributing member of this board but I can not be blind toward the characters that he just failed to include.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I would find it a little strange to see kremlings, a form of minion not seen since K Rool was the main enemy, and no K Rool. Theres always the possibilty we dont get anything for DK, but it is one of, if not the most deserving of another addition out of all the series currently in. It seems like a waste of effort to allude towards K Rool, then just disappoint fans who were expecting him.
I agree, I thought K. Rool was a lot less likely than Dixie before that Direct. Now I'm not so sure. I hope they're both in as DK easily deserves 2 more reps.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
People are confusing my annoyance at the blind following of Sal with not thinking it could be true and dismissing it. I am paying attention to it, but the WFT is unguessable is BS. And the entire "Likely hood doesn't exist Sakurai picks randomly" is also BS. But the leak itself isn't what I find annoying.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
People are confusing my annoyance at the blind following of Sal with not thinking it could be true and dismissing it. I am paying attention to it, but the WFT is unguessable is BS. And the entire "Likely hood doesn't exist Sakurai picks randomly" is also BS. But the leak itself isn't what I find annoying.
Haven't enough holes been picked in your arguments today? You couldn't even decide who's point of view to use to back yourself up earlier, and you're evidently still misinterpreting what was said - Sakurai clearly chooses characters on criteria you have no insight into, not randomly. That is why you can't give any particularly indicative stance on likelihood - because none of us actually understand the criteria involved in the choosing of characters for the game. Seriously, if you're going to make a point at least understand the point you're trying to argue.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
Can I point out you've all made a ton of assumptions of the roster with 0 knowledge?

Sal's leak is OBVIOUSLY not all newcomers, ex: Rosalina
Saying the roster is 48 based on an unconfirmed and unlikely leak also impacts above, since the roster number would work out if there were 3 cuts.

You guys are also acting as if Sakurai/Nintendo can't do what they want. If Sakurai doesn't see Ridley fit, Ridley won't be in. If Nintendo wants to bury K. Rool (Evidently not, with Kremlings being in), then he isn't going to be in either. If they want more than 5/6 Pokemon reps, then there will be 5/6 Pokemon reps. This thread is for leaks to be debunked based on flaws in the leak/proven based on reveals from the leak, not assumptions that x happened/will happen and y leak is wrong.

Sal Romano's leak can't be proven wrong but it is likely to be real. It has proof backing it up. The 48 roster leak can't be proven, period. It can be deemed real/fake, but using it as a leak to judge others? No, that doesn't work, it just leads you in circles.

The only 2 possible/likely leaks are the Palutena and Sal Romano leak. One is just a character confirmation, and the other is just more newcomers being revealed, NOT A FINAL LIST OF NEWCOMERS LIKE HALF OF YOU GUYS ARE TAKING IT. (IF IT WAS SPECIFIED AS THE LAST SET OF NEWCOMERS, HE'D HAVE SAID SO.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom