• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
If I recall correctly, PortraitofRuin's was in a NeoGAF thread dedicated to General Brawl Discussion. She made some coy post that implied she had info, then, when pressed, was willing to admit the number of characters, stages, as well as that Sonic was " a b**** to unlock." Someone who was more active pre-Brawl could probably provide a better description.

Also, too many people have remembered there being a Cucco leak for there not to have been one. The most likely scenario is that someone just posted the link to it on GameFAQs without knowing that GameFAQs Mods have a moronic zero tolerance policy for "leaks" while simultaneously allowing thousands of other troll threads and stupid forum games to flood the board en masse.

Considering its prominence in LoZ and its item status in that one Flash fangame, the Cucco could have been guessed with relative ease, so that leak's loss isn't too regrettable. But yeah, make sure to copy over the entire text next time, instead of just posting a link.
She was on Gamefaqs, not gaf.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Pikmin, do you just 'Like' everyone's posts by default? I always see your name there, lol.

Yeah, there is. Still, to be clear, I don't think that's enough of a reason alone to say Isaac has a good chance. Little Mac at least had Punch Out on the Wii.
Golden Sun Dark Sun is last gen too.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@ andalsoandy andalsoandy Geno is owned by Square Enix, and even in Square Enix alone, there are much more prominent characters/series. Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest come to mind. Geno is very unlikely.

Honestly, I'd kinda like to know. What sparked the massive amounts of Geno support pre-Brawl? Because I've heard stories of those times; those dark, dark times.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
@ andalsoandy andalsoandy Geno is owned by Square Enix, and even in Square Enix alone, there are much more prominent characters/series. Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest come to mind. Geno is very unlikely.

Honestly, I'd kinda like to know. What sparked the massive amounts of Geno support pre-Brawl? Because I've heard stories of those times; those dark, dark times.
No... I don't care about Geno. He's not a Sonic rep though, and that's what I posted about.

EDIT: I can't read. I misinterpreted it as Geno BEING a Sonic rep.

I hate not being funny.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
No... I don't care about Geno. He's not a Sonic rep though, and that's what I posted about.
The post you quoted said he was as unlikely as a second Sonic rep.

Meaning he's as unlikely as Shadow or Tails. :laugh:

Shin F.

Smash Master
It may not have existed, you know. One person says they remember it, then from memory fragments that never existed, someone else claims to have remembered it too, until suddenly a large handful of people 'remember' it.
I don't know about you guys, but I remembered it as soon as I saw the snapshot.

Geno is cool. That's pretty much all there is to it. I really wanted Geno myself, but I was never under the illusions that he had a chance. The guy wasn't wrong - Geno has about as much chance as a second Sonic rep. None. (Okay, Tails might have a slight chance, but still...)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

I honestly think it was mostly due to the real beginning Japanese memes on places like NND, and Geno's Maze theme was very popular on NND for a long time. Couple in the SMRPG rap and Nsider's love of SMRPG, the Geno love just seemed to explode.

It was a fad.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I love how they make the "bold" prediction about March having no character reveals... when there's only 2 update days left.

Hey Mr. Leaker, why didn't you tell that to everyone days ago?
And we can laugh ourselves into hernias if they announce a veteran tonight...

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
If I recall correctly, PortraitofRuin's was in a NeoGAF thread dedicated to General Brawl Discussion. She made some coy post that implied she had info, then, when pressed, was willing to admit the number of characters, stages, as well as that Sonic was " a b**** to unlock." Someone who was more active pre-Brawl could probably provide a better description.

Also, too many people have remembered there being a Cucco leak for there not to have been one. The most likely scenario is that someone just posted the link to it on GameFAQs without knowing that GameFAQs Mods have a moronic zero tolerance policy for "leaks" while simultaneously allowing thousands of other troll threads and stupid forum games to flood the board en masse.

Considering its prominence in LoZ and its item status in that one Flash fangame, the Cucco could have been guessed with relative ease, so that leak's loss isn't too regrettable. But yeah, make sure to copy over the entire text next time, instead of just posting a link.
I believe it's still out there. We had a discussion about it on this board so it may have been skipped over while looking. We were talking about it at some point, and the fact that we can't find the leak is somewhat fine, but the fact that we can't find ONE conversation about it on here makes me think we didn't check well enough.

Pages 400-600 would contain it, since I joined before it was posted.

Edit: Speaking of which, just hit 100 posts.

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Nintendo releasing Metroid Fusion on Wii U in a few days...

Come on Sakurai, Ridley pls. All I ask for... All I need and everyone else added will just be a nice extra surprise p.p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Come on Sakurai, Ridley pls. All I ask for... All I need and everyone else added will just be a nice extra surprise p.p
Ridley would be confirmed post release.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I believe it's still out there. We had a discussion about it on this board so it may have been skipped over while looking. We were talking about it at some point, and the fact that we can't find the leak is somewhat fine, but the fact that we can't find ONE conversation about it on here makes me think we didn't check well enough.

Pages 400-600 would contain it, since I joined before it was posted.

Edit: Speaking of which, just hit 100 posts.
Well, I went manually over 500- 620 over the course of about 6 hours (no search function), so I feel fairly confident in saying it ain't there. Fingers crossed it's between 400-500.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ridley would be confirmed post release.
If Ridley is playable. I see him being revealed before release. He'd be a game selling character for many hardcore fans who might have ill will towards the differences in Melee and Brawl.

Sure, the pros all wanted Little Mac in that video that was posted a while back, but Ridley would also go a long ass way on selling the game towards die hards.

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
On the topic of leaks has there been any of note that mention the inclusion of Wonder Red? And was it true that Sakurai visited Platinum Games when SSB4's production started?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
the next character needs to be one of the big hype characters except palutania ( come on we know the leaks real) so far I can only hype about megaman :(

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
On the topic of leaks has there been any of note that mention the inclusion of Wonder Red? And was it true that Sakurai visited Platinum Games when SSB4's production started?
I'd love him to be included, but I haven't spotted him in many leaks, and due to Wonderful 101's mixed reception (mainly down to crappy marketing and equally crappy controls/lack of instruction, IMO) I can't see him being much more than an Assist Trophy. :(

The Halibuton rumor had a Wonderful 101 character, back before we even knew what to call the little guys in that game. That rumor has been killed since then, though. You can find it on this thread's first reply listing the dead leaks.

Gabeking54

Smash Journeyman

What is this cucco leak everyone is talking about?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Only if a direct is that day then its possible

But if Ridley were to get announced its a no brainer that it would be E3 because its in the west this year

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
Did we discuss this? looks pretty worthless to me. For now I'm calling this the "Sorry Leak". :)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68896166

I have a leak I need to share with you all. It Sorry that it's not a lot of info , but I was only told this.

There are no returning characters or newcomers left for March.

There is a direct in April for Isaac. Also a new Advance Wars game for WiiU, and a new Metroid for WiiU.

Isaac is a playable character. The next direct is introducing Isaac.
Sheik is a returning character. Sheik is the next returning character to be revealed.

Lip's Stick is a returning item. Lip / Furil is not playable.

Takamaru is a new Asssist Trophy, not playable.

There are costumes.

There are no new multi-man guys, it is the same alloys from Brawl.

And the final thing I was told was that Adventure Mode is faster to finish and has no cutscenes, but otherwise plays just like the Subspace Emissary.

Sorry it was so short.
If Isaac was announced in the April Direct, I would absolutely lose my sh...MIND.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
What is this cucco leak everyone is talking about?
The pic of the day had a cucco in it, which confirmed info that was in a leak we read.

Who would like to help me search?

Well, I went manually over 500- 620 over the course of about 6 hours (no search function), so I feel fairly confident in saying it ain't there. Fingers crossed it's between 400-500.
I'll split them with you, or if we have any brave volunteers we can divide it up so it's less work.

Anyone feel like reading through some pages for information on Cuccos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom