• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the main page stopped updating? How many more "leaks" are there that aren't on the front page?
Its last edit was March 8, but the most recent rumor still on the "live" list is from January 28. A lot of rumors, mostly terrible, have slipped through the cracks; something I'm sure a few of us regret since nobody can find the Cucco rumor anymore.

Ha, get it? Leak, slipped through the cracks?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
If the information of next week being the end of Japan's fiscal year gets out of Smashboards, I wonder how many people are going to try to 'predict' a direct for the following week or so.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Five weeks with no character updates. Sakurai's troll skills are improving.

Then again, it was probably just to keep up to date with Famitsu. Hopefully we get someone big next month...

...even though we have the 31st...

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Five weeks with no character updates. Sakurai's troll skills are improving.

Then again, it was probably just to keep up to date with Famitsu. Hopefully we get someone big next month...

...even though we have the 31st...
Don't mean to sound like an idiot, but what do you mean by Sakurai keeping up to date with Famitsu?

T

Trick or Treat

Don't mean to sound like an idiot, but what do you mean by Sakurai keeping up to date with Famitsu?
IDIOT!!!

The Famitsu magazine that just got released posted a few pages on SSB4, showing all the characters revealed so far, not much new infornation. Some people speculate that Sakurai didn't want to reveal a new character before the magazine, and get too far ahead of them or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
IDIOT!!!

The Famitsu magazine that just got released posted a few pages on SSB4, showing all the characters revealed so far, not much new infornation. Some people speculate that Sakurai didn't want to reveal a new character before the magazine, and get too far ahead of them or something.
I'm such an idiot, lol. But now that I know this marvelous information, I believe that Sakurai is planning something big either on the 31st just to troll, or in April.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Could someone explain to me what the Gamexplain leak was?
From what I understand, Gamexplain tweeted that a lot of new Mario Kart 8 information was about to be released, then the tweet got taken down within an hour. People assume Nintendo made them take it down because it gave away the fact that Nintendo was planning to talk about Mario Kart 8 soon, presumably in a direct.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
From what I understand, Gamexplain tweeted that a lot of new Mario Kart 8 information was about to be released, then the tweet got taken down within an hour. People assume Nintendo made them take it down because it gave away the fact that Nintendo was planning to talk about Mario Kart 8 soon, presumably in a direct.
When did this happen? I remember the quote unquote leak itself but don't recall when that tweet was posted.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I'd love him to be included, but I haven't spotted him in many leaks, and due to Wonderful 101's mixed reception (mainly down to crappy marketing and equally crappy controls/lack of instruction, IMO) I can't see him being much more than an Assist Trophy. :(
I completely agree with marketing (I believe it could have been a system seller), but I disagree with the controls/instruction part. W101 is an action game like Bayonetta or Devil May Cry. These are all about experimentation and exploration, so aside from a little info in new moves the player is supposed to find out how the moves can be used. And controls were pretty precise imo. Mashing will get you killed quick, fast, and in a hurry in that game.

On topic: I'll be surprised if neither Bayonetta nor Wonder Red make an appearance (not necessarily a playable one). I only remember the first few leaks listing them.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So because it seems March was a bust, who are leaks predicting is the next newcomer revealed? Because more likely, we'll be seeing a newcomer next because of the gap, a la Rosalina.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well it's been near two months since the last newcomer so I think we're due. A lot of rumours are talking Fire Emblem but with the GBA Virtual Console on the go some have been thinking about Isaac and Advance Wars.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
So because it seems March was a bust, who are leaks predicting is the next newcomer revealed? Because more likely, we'll be seeing a newcomer next because of the gap, a la Rosalina.
I'm expecting a pure troll PotD on the 1st with a 2nd post in the evening with something big, not sure if that's been mentioned by any 'leaks' recently though has it?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Well it's been near two months since the last newcomer so I think we're due. A lot of rumours are talking Fire Emblem but with the GBA Virtual Console on the go some have been thinking about Isaac and Advance Wars.
That VC announcement boosts Isaac's chances to get me as hype about his as from the pre-Brawl days.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I completely agree with marketing (I believe it could have been a system seller), but I disagree with the controls/instruction part. W101 is an action game like Bayonetta or Devil May Cry. These are all about experimentation and exploration, so aside from a little info in new moves the player is supposed to find out how the moves can be used. And controls were pretty precise imo. Mashing will get you killed quick, fast, and in a hurry in that game.

On topic: I'll be surprised if neither Bayonetta nor Wonder Red make an appearance (not necessarily a playable one). I only remember the first few leaks listing them.
It could be a personal opinion, though I saw a few reviews mention similar things. Had real trouble with the controls not quite doing what you were asking at times, and the complete lack of instruction was highly unintuitive when you're just thrown Into the middle of it. I love a challenge, and I absolutely loved W101, but I believe the controls and system in general could really have done with some streamlining to make it more attractive. I struggled at times, and I've played games since I was a kid - I'd hate to have seen the 'casual' players the Wii U is supposedly flooded with having a go with it.

Don't even mention Bayonetta 2. I need it. I need it now. :(

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Most rumors point the next newcomer will be Chrom
With all these rumours pointing towards Chrom... what do you guys think? Personally I'd assume Fire Emblem will get a rep soonish, but always assumed 'leakers' were assuming the FE character they'd allegedly been told about was Chrom as opposed to him being the shoe-in choice
I guess I just don't see Sakurai and his team wasting the opportunity and simply including another FE swordsman. Of course that's why the dual FE character rumours always seem more plausible in my book

And yea the 'Sorry' leak was just the first of many to jump the gun on the GBA game release schedule, too closely tied to that list of games not to be a hoax again

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
What many of these so-called leakers fail to realize is that just because some reveals fall on or near release dates or series anniversaries doesn't mean all of them will.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
With all these rumours pointing towards Chrom... what do you guys think? Personally I'd assume Fire Emblem will get a rep soonish, but always assumed 'leakers' were assuming the FE character they'd allegedly been told about was Chrom as opposed to him being the shoe-in choice
I guess I just don't see Sakurai and his team wasting the opportunity and simply including another FE swordsman. Of course that's why the dual FE character rumours always seem more plausible in my book

And yea the 'Sorry' leak was just the first of many to jump the gun on the GBA game release schedule, too closely tied to that list of games not to be a hoax again
I don't put any weight in Chrom being next, at all. I think it comes down to the fact that as a requested character, he's an obvious choice for leakers, along with Ridley, Shulk and the like. However, since we've already written off 90% of these leaks, there's nothing left supporting the inclusion of any of them besides a shared taste amongst fake leaks.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
*Thread hop*

Anything new?
lot's of people finding sadly obvious fakes created each time Nintendo makes a press release of any kind
Then there's the failed search for the 'cuckoo' leak (someone had correctly mentioned it as an AT among a few other things before it got shown by Sakurai), but a combined search of the thread can't find said source

Other than that it's gone very off topic or else too much over analysis getting nowhere over Palutena

I don't put any weight in Chrom being next, at all. I think it comes down to the fact that as a requested character, he's an obvious choice for leakers, along with Ridley, Shulk and the like. However, since we've already written off 90% of these leaks, there's nothing left supporting the inclusion of any of them besides a shared taste amongst fake leaks.
And yea I agree entirely with how you put that, all these Chrom 'leaks' pointing towards what they believe to be a safe bet, which to me makes them stand out more as fan-made and nothing more :p

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hope that issac leak is true, then we can bury the betternet rooster leak. Although April 1st I am expecting something big.

T

Trick or Treat

These last few pages here became such a ****storm lol. Chaos, chaos everywhere.

This April Direct will be huge, when it comes to leaks being killed or not. It's likely the last Direct before E3. Those two things are the only major announcements on leaks right now, so it could drastically change once April comes and goes.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Or it's something so outrageously awesome that everyone dismisses it as a joke. And then it never gets removed. Then the joke is... that there was no joke.
that could defiantly happen since people expect sakurai to trick them.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't think we're going to get any indication of what the newcomer of April will be. Remember guys, everyone was expecting Dixie Kong, and suddenly Little Mac punches her the **** away. Furthermore, Sakurai probably doesn't plan the deadlines of the trailers to coincide with VC releases.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I don't think we're going to get any indication of what the newcomer of April will be. Remember guys, everyone was expecting Dixie Kong, and suddenly Little Mac punches her the **** away. Furthermore, Sakurai probably doesn't plan the deadlines of the trailers to coincide with VC releases.
So essentially, it could be anyone.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Or it's something so outrageously awesome that everyone dismisses it as a joke. And then it never gets removed. Then the joke is... that there was no joke.
I was go to quote them with this exact statement... I always knew ness was a mind reader.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So essentially, it could be anyone.
Exactly. It's pretty much that way with newcomers it seems, Rosalina was also revealed rather randomly, being a month after SM3DW and quite some time before Mario Kart 8. The E3 newcomers didn't fall on any special occasion either. Seems like it's just veterans that they're using to advertise heavily, probably because many of the newcomers don't have anything coming out in the foreseeable future.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
That Cucco leak is definitely real. I remember reading about it, and people commenting on it, so it's really weird that no one can find it.

As lame as most are, maybe this is a good example of why we should have a full index of leaks...

Could someone explain to me what the Gamexplain leak was?
GameXplain went on on Twitter about how they were going to have "a ton" of MK8 coverage next week, and something about a new demo of the game, so people are assuming there was some kind of press event and that it might mean a Direct is coming next week. You can read a bit about it here.

Sadly, it seems no one got a screenshot of the actual tweets.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Even if it's just Chrom, you have to remember- IT'S JUST CHROM. That would kill any leaks saying he's paired with Lucina or if he is with Lucina, it kills any leaks that say he's alone. His reveal could help us either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom