• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
When it comes to Pac-Man stages, I'd rather have something from Pac-Man World 2 (because MUH NOSTALGIA), but I can't deny that a classic Pac-Man stage would be pretty cool.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Do recall people that Sega more so than Capcom is a HUGE part of Nintendo's history. First as a rival and second as a partner in crime.

Tails, Knuckles, and Robotnik are as recognizable of video game characters as Luigi, Peach, and Bowser. There's nothing to say that Sakurai wouldn't view them as special cases of video game and as such Nintendo history.
1. Comparing Luigi, Peach, and Bowser to Tails, Knuckles, and Robotnik in the sense of being iconic is understandable, but to be included in a game bringing together Nintendo's all stars is a completely different story.. Luigi, Peach, and Bowser are all in because they are the mainstays of Nintendo's most well known and influential series. This same logic would apply to their Sega counterparts, if this was a Sega crossover game, not a Nintendo one.
2. It is obvious that Sega is a huge part of Nintendo's history. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that they deserve a 2nd character. Sakurai himself has stated that Namco, the team developing the game, will not get special priority over other third party companies, for having characters in the game (meaning that they for example won't get 2 characters just because they are helping develop the game). Now if Namco, the devs of the game, don't get 2 characters in the game, why would Sega? Sure, they have history and have been in good terms for years, but that should only be enough to justify Sonic in the game alone. Nintendo IP's have many characters per franchise because they are important first party Nintendo characters, so they belong in a Nintendo all stars game. Sonic, along with Mega Man, Snake, or any other third party character, is there as a guest character, representing not only their franchise, but their whole company's relevancy and history with Nintendo alone, deeming a second character unnecessary.
3. Can you imagine the ****storm from the fans if a second Sonic character got in, but not a second Mega Man or Metal Gear character. (Or even worse, a first party fan favorite not making the cut)

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
They should add at least add Mokujin as random if they don't have time to make Pac Man.

btw worst leak yet: http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/236813856

He's saying there are specific chars on each version and Diddy is paired with Dixie.
Wow. One of the first things said about the game was that the rosters would be the same. Way to go, whoever completely failed on that one.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
We need a totally unexpected character reveal soon to kill a whole bunch of these leaks. And then new leaks will come a few days later including said totally unexpected character.

It's the leak cycle, boys.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
We need a totally unexpected character reveal soon to kill a whole bunch of these leaks. And then new leaks will come a few days later including said totally unexpected character.

It's the leak cycle, boys.
>Leaks flow in with safe rosters

>Direct shows up, announcing completely unexpected character

>Leaks flow in with safe rosters now including said unexpected character, claiming they knew about the character the entire time

Rinse and repeat, ad infinitum.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I need an unexpected character reveal that not online shuts up a good portion of leaks, but even us, Smashboards is far far far too sure they know exactly what Sakurai is going to do or thinks.

As if the other 10,000 times he's been unpredictable didn't prove to us we don't know everything.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Do recall people that Sega more so than Capcom is a HUGE part of Nintendo's history. First as a rival and second as a partner in crime.

Tails, Knuckles, and Robotnik are as recognizable of video game characters as Luigi, Peach, and Bowser. There's nothing to say that Sakurai wouldn't view them as special cases of video game and as such Nintendo history.

Skyblazer

Smash Rookie
They should add at least add Mokujin as random if they don't have time to make Pac Man.

btw worst leak yet: http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/236813856

He's saying there are specific chars on each version and Diddy is paired with Dixie.
Hello,

In regards to the new Super Smash Bros. game coming this year for Wii U and 3DS I have important information to share with all of you.

First off, Diddy Kong can be paired up with Dixie Kong. This is an option that allows the user to choose between solo Diddy, solo Dixie, or both as a team. The option can be used prior to the start of the battle, but not during gameplay.

Both Ness and Lucas return, but there is a slight difference in the roster for each game. Ness is included in the Wii U version, but Lucas is not; however, Lucas is included in the 3DS version, but Ness is not. The developers want to split certain franchises for both versions so more newcomers can be included but at the same time keep veterans as well.

Fire Emblem uses the same idea for a few characters. Marth is in both versions. Ike is on the Wii U version and Roy is on the 3DS version. Chrom is a newcomer for both versions. This allows for four Fire Emblem characters, but only three per game. Mother and Fire Emblem are the only two franchises that this split occurs in.

Ridley is a newcomer as well, but his design may be disappointing to some fans due to the rounded look of his model.

As far as stages go, there is a Paper Mario stage where all characters become flat and cartoon-like for the duration of the round. Because of this, Mario becomes Paper Mario, but only on this stage. Paper Mario is not playable as a separate character.
Copied and pasted for anyone seeing it after the thread 404s, although it's such a bad fake I'm not sure it's even necessary to keep around.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Hello,

In regards to the new Super Smash Bros. game coming this year for Wii U and 3DS I have important information to share with all of you.

First off, Diddy Kong can be paired up with Dixie Kong. This is an option that allows the user to choose between solo Diddy, solo Dixie, or both as a team. The option can be used prior to the start of the battle, but not during gameplay.

Both Ness and Lucas return, but there is a slight difference in the roster for each game. Ness is included in the Wii U version, but Lucas is not; however, Lucas is included in the 3DS version, but Ness is not. The developers want to split certain franchises for both versions so more newcomers can be included but at the same time keep veterans as well.

Fire Emblem uses the same idea for a few characters. Marth is in both versions. Ike is on the Wii U version and Roy is on the 3DS version. Chrom is a newcomer for both versions. This allows for four Fire Emblem characters, but only three per game. Mother and Fire Emblem are the only two franchises that this split occurs in.

Ridley is a newcomer as well, but his design may be disappointing to some fans due to the rounded look of his model.

As far as stages go, there is a Paper Mario stage where all characters become flat and cartoon-like for the duration of the round. Because of this, Mario becomes Paper Mario, but only on this stage. Paper Mario is not playable as a separate character.
Copied and pasted for anyone seeing it after the thread 404s, although it's such a bad fake I'm not sure it's even necessary to keep around.
This is terrible, why would this even be brought up. Off to the garbage with you.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Can you imagine the ****storm from the fans if a second Sonic character got in, but not a second Mega Man or Metal Gear character. (Or even worse, a first party fan favorite not making the cut)
I would probably not bother buying the game if another Sonic character got in but Isaac didn't or Ness or Lucas got cut. I'd say Sonic can have another character, but only after nearly every S-tier Nintendo character is in.

More on topic, though:

About the Tails leak with the existing artwork and such, regarding the name, I find it doubtful he would be referred to by his full name. If anything, he might be called Tails the Fox to go with Sonic's name. But no other character has their full name (Samus Aran, Fox McCloud, etc.)

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
All Sakurai needs to reveal in order to kill most leaks is ROB, which I would be ecstatic for.

Last edited:
Hello,

Not only is that rumor dead on arrival but I believe its author is among us. [Cue suspense music.]

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
All Sakurai needs to reveal in order to kill most leaks is ROB, which I would be ecstatic for.
Or snake.
The best thing Sakurai could do right now is just spend the entirety of next week revealing characters that are always at the top of people's "cut" lists
So ike, Rob, Snake, Pokemon trainer, and lucas.

Btw, Sakurai has said that all characters will be same on both versions, so auto debunk on that leak.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ah, yes, the age old ''I can't counter this so I will simply post a gif." response.

Gotta love those.

Because you know you can't counter it. There's not one word out of Sakurai's mouth that says any of those characters don't fit in as special cases of 3rd party characters for him. And vice versa.

This is what I'm talking about Smashboards users thinking they know EVERYTHING about what Sakurai is thinking by reading into everyone of his comments.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I expect them/you all to stay on topic. The inner machinations of Sakurai's mind are an enigma (to us), so unless something Sakurai says/does/is confirmed to think/whatever pertains to a leak/rumour, then don't discuss and debate it here.

Also no needless reaction gifs, especially if a post consists of JUST that.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
wasn't there a rumour that said the cuccos would be a new item or assist trophy?

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
So people are still dismissing rosters without any factual reasoning?

Man, the salt is gonna run so deep when Tails, Krystal and Goku are confirmed that smashboards might never recover. :p
Tails was never likely due to reasons already explained and Goku is ineligible due to not originating from a video game and not being a Nintendo character. The only character on the list with a plausible chance is Krystal.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'd hade to think that another Sonic character would be added over some of the A-List Nintendo characters that we still haven't had added yet. K. Rool, Ridley, Dixie Kong hell even Slippy...

Honestly, there's come sick part of me that wants Pichu.
I still want Pichu...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I heard that April is the start of the Fiscal Year so I expect they'll have a direct to announce a bunch of stuff.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I had a dream about a week ago that had Pichu confirmed to return instead of Mewtwo. I considered it more of a nightmare.
I want Mewtwo more... But if we got a 6th Pokemon Rep (as in slot, not counting Transformations) then I'd love to have Pichu back. I mean, Mario and Link both have characters derivative of them, Pikachu is one of Nintendo's most popular mascots, so he should get his too!

Plus I hate it when they cut characters, (not that bothered in the case of Dr Mario though as he literally IS Mario).

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'd hade to think that another Sonic character would be added over some of the A-List Nintendo characters that we still haven't had added yet. K. Rool, Ridley, Dixie Kong hell even Slippy...
Considering all of Sonic's close ties with Nintendo, it can happen. Some people even consider the Sonic franchise only non Nintendo by branding, provided I see absolutely no reason to just assume any leak with a second sonic character to be a fake that recklessly, that's just stupid. A second MegaMan or Metal gear character leak would be fake, but a second sonic character is by no means questionable.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Keep in mind that Sakurai takes every character added very seriously,especially third party characters.

I highly doubt any legitimacy to any roster leak with another Sonic character in it because of this, especially when adding another would mean giving preferential treatment to one company over the other 2 already working on the game.
Yes because the Wii fit trainer is serious...
This1 Sega is PARTNERED with Nintendo and has gone through 1 game already! So I am betting we have a second sonic rep. Anyway that new leak is horrible!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Warning Received
I want Mewtwo more... But if we got a 6th Pokemon Rep (as in slot, not counting Transformations) then I'd love to have Pichu back. I mean, Mario and Link both have characters derivative of them, Pikachu is one of Nintendo's most popular mascots, so he should get his too!

Plus I hate it when they cut characters, (not that bothered in the case of Dr Mario though as he literally IS Mario).
Well, then Pichu can be considered Pikachu.
By the way Pichu should ****ing disappear from Melee too. If they make and HD remastering I hope he gets cut just because.

Hello,

The only thing I can see happening is the Ridley one.
All the rest is such ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
This1 Sega is PARTNERED with Nintendo and has gone through 1 game already! So I am betting we have a second sonic rep. Anyway that new leak is horrible!
Partnered for three games, yes. Forever? No.

If the company MAKING THE GAME might not even get a character, why would SEGA get two? That makes NO sense.

Also, being in Smash already means absolutely nothing in terms of new characters. Yoshi, Kirby, MOTHER, F-Zero, and Metroid didn't get a second rep because they were in 64.

Last edited:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Considering all of Sonic's close ties with Nintendo, it can happen. Some people even consider the Sonic franchise only non Nintendo by branding, provided I see absolutely no reason to just assume any leak with a second sonic character to be a fake that recklessly, that's just stupid. A second MegaMan or Metal gear character leak would be fake, but a second sonic character is by no means questionable.
Do you have any kind of reasoning to entertain leaks with two Sonic reps other than complete arbitrary bias? "I love Sonic, so two Sonic newcomers is totally reasonable because I want it to happen." Many people consider Professor Layton only non-Nintendo by branding (to use your formulation). Actually, most people don't even realize Professor Layton isn't even a Nintendo character. This doesn't mean that he's by any means likely.

Sakurai said that not just any third party character can make it into Smash. Clearly, a character has to be legendary to get playable status if Sonic, Megaman, and Snake (to a slightly lesser degree, but you have the Kojima connection there) are any indication. Do you legitimately think that Tails or Shadow remotely qualifies?

It's fairly obvious that any "leak" with two Sonic reps was just made up by a Sonic fanboy.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Partnered for three games, yes. Forever? No.

If the company MAKING THE GAME might not even get a character, why would SEGA get two? That makes NO sense.

Also, being in Smash already means absolutely nothing in terms of new characters. Yoshi, Kirby, MOTHER, F-Zero, and Metroid didn't get a second rep because they were in 64.
they were all considered for new reps and got them later on though. Also the partnership and the fact sonic was in brawl are a big help to a second reps chances. Also we all know pacman is in weather we all like it or not. Hope this doesn't sound rude.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
they were all considered for new reps and got them later on though. Also the partnership and the fact sonic was in brawl are a big help to a second reps chances. Also we all know pacman is in weather we all like it or not. Hope this doesn't sound rude.
Yoshi and Captain Falcon are still the only reps for their series 15 years later.

Sonic being in Brawl doesn't mean anything for a second character's chances if Captain Falcon and Yoshi can't get one after 15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom