• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yoshi and Captain Falcon are still the only reps for their series 15 years later.

Sonic being in Brawl doesn't mean anything for a second character's chances if Captain Falcon and Yoshi can't get one after 15 years.
True but it is still something we shouldn't ignore that there is a chance of one. Side not: love your signature!

@Bkupa66: Good luck, I remember that rumor to but not it's contents.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well, then Pichu can be considered Pikachu.
By the way Pichu should ****ing disappear from Melee too. If they make and HD remastering I hope he gets cut just because.
How is that exactly? Pichu is a completely different character to Pikachu. That's like saying that Mew and Mewtwo are the same characters.

And that second part is just a nasty and selfish attitude to have.

Some people even consider the Sonic franchise only non Nintendo by branding
Some people are very wrong then.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
How is that exactly? Pichu is a completely different character to Pikachu. That's like saying that Mew and Mewtwo are the same characters.
Does Mew evolve in Mewtwo?

Pichu is Pikachu just as much as Mario is Baby Mario.

And it's not selfish to want him out of the game forever. I'm just saying it for the better good.
It's like people who want Goku in the games, they're selfish. Not us for wanting him out. We're the ones looking for the better outcome!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I had a dream about a week ago that had Pichu confirmed to return instead of Mewtwo. I considered it more of a nightmare.
If we're talking dreams, last night I dreamt that E. Gadd was playable but 3 things were off.

1. He was at the bottom of the site instead of the top
2. He fought using ghost Pokemon
3. Kirlia was among them and it's not even a ghost type.

It'll be interesting to see what else that supposed Cucco rumor says.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Considering all of Sonic's close ties with Nintendo, it can happen. Some people even consider the Sonic franchise only non Nintendo by branding, provided I see absolutely no reason to just assume any leak with a second sonic character to be a fake that recklessly, that's just stupid. A second MegaMan or Metal gear character leak would be fake, but a second sonic character is by no means questionable.
She's actually right
I'm begging you, URGING you, to get some help my brother.

Games in the series will spike in certain areas but will decline rapidly overall. Even after Generations (a very good game) the series plummeted more with Lost Worlds a BAD game. The Sonic characters are not as recognizable as Mario characters anymore in a game like Smash that focuses on Nintendo, how many people are going to recognize Sonic and his countless **** friends? Imagine how things would be if Sega was still making console games? Bring people back into reality and stop promoting this Sonic is still as relevant as he was in the 90s nonsense. The people dismissing the stupid leaks with extra Sonic characters are EXTREMELY justified.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I had this really weird dream last night, but all I can remember is that it was centered around Pac-Man and this weird Newcomer Training whatever-it-was.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm begging you, URGING you, to get some help my brother.

Games in the series will spike in certain areas but will decline rapidly overall. Even after Generations (a very good game) the series plummeted more with Lost Worlds a BAD game. The Sonic characters are not as recognizable as Mario characters anymore in a game like Smash that focuses on Nintendo, how many people are going to recognize Sonic and his countless **** friends? Imagine how things would be if Sega was still making console games? Bring people back into reality and stop promoting this Sonic is still as relevant as he was in the 90s nonsense. The people dismissing the stupid leaks with extra Sonic characters are EXTREMELY justified.
Where's Sonic Colors on that chart? And out of the low selling ones, Sonic Generations is the most recent so I don't think the sales have peeked and Sonic 06 was vomit in a disc case so it's no surprise it did crap.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Does Mew evolve in Mewtwo?

Pichu is Pikachu just as much as Mario is Baby Mario.

And it's not selfish to want him out of the game forever. I'm just saying it for the better good.
It's like people who want Goku in the games, they're selfish. Not us for wanting him out. We're the ones looking for the better outcome!
That's completely different, as Goku is not a Nintendo character.

Pichu is as much a different character of Pikachu as Luigi is from Mario. You do realize that there is more than one of each pokemon don't you?

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I'm positive Generations topped 1.6 mil. And Lost Bomba(?) is sitting at about 600k (the 3DS version getting 500k despite it being the crappier game, too). But yeah, as much as I like Sonic, this sheer "BUT BUT BUT TWO SANIC REPS" is a new level of annoying. Please stop.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Where's Sonic Colors on that chart? And out of the low selling ones, Sonic Generations is the most recent so I don't think the sales have peeked and Sonic 06 was vomit in a disc case so it's no surprise it did crap.
The chart could be outdated.

Anyway, I agree that leaks with two Sonic characters aren't very believable. Judging on what he has said before, I highly doubt Sakurai would give Sega an extra privilege by having two of their characters in the game.

It's not about Sonic having mediocre games in the past few years, it's about Sakurai's stance on third party characters, which has been quite consistent since Brawl's unveil and the subsequent Snake reveal.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

Pichu is as much a different character of Pikachu as Luigi is from Mario. You do realize that there is more than one of each pokemon don't you?

Please. It's a race. Does Bulbasaur deserve his own representation? He is a different character from Ivysaur, you know.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Please. It's a race. Does Bulbasaur deserve his own representation? He is a different character from Ivysaur, you know.
So are we only allowed one character from each race now?

And either way you're twisting the original point. Pichu is a cut character, and is a completely different character to Pikachu.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This is strange...I can't seem to find the "leak" featuring Cucco anywhere. It's a tad annoying, because I've searched a number of terms, including 'Cucco,' 'Cuccoo,' 'Cuckoo,' and 'Chicken,' and the plural forms of each term, and still come up with nothing. But I remember it was there, and I remember being vaguely pleased with its other contents...

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So are we only allowed one character from each race now?

And either way you're twisting the original point. Pichu is a cut character, and is a completely different character to Pikachu.
You are missing the point. It's not completely different to Pikachu. At all. It's barely different from Pikachu.
That is way Sakurai brought him in the backyard and ****ing put him down.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
This is strange...I can't seem to find the "leak" featuring Cucco anywhere. It's a tad annoying, because I've searched a number of terms, including 'Cucco,' 'Cuccoo,' 'Cuckoo,' and 'Chicken,' and the plural forms of each term, and still come up with nothing. But I remember it was there, and I remember being vaguely pleased with its other contents...
I imagine you already looked there, but would it happen to be in among the OP listings?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I do sort of remember it being spelled really badly... for some reason I remember people reacting about how badly it was spelled. It's really vague memory though, so I may be wrong.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Try variations like "coocoo" "cookoo," "kookoo" etc. I doubt it would get messed up that badly, but you never know.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Which is why we need to update the OP with the new leaks. :p

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I just checked the OP... I seem to remember there being a couple leaks titled "Illiterate Leak" and so on... it seems like those were chucked out of the OP? Hopefully it wasn't part of those, because they sure aren't there now

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman

Wait, Luigi evolves in Mario?!

On a more serious note, I would just wish everyone got of their no-clones-allowed horse. I for one found it very interesting how melee handled some clones. Like how Roy had a different sweetspot than Marth changing up the way he should be played quite dramaticly imo, or how Pichu traded damage for mobility making her feel very high risk/high reward all of a sudden. Of course there were some bad ones as well, with Dr.Mario just feeling like a more powerful Mario, but for me clones just felt like an interesting way to bump up the number of playable characters if the small changes really changed the way the character should be played. Of course the dev should try to make all the characters as distinct as possible, but if they bumped the number of characters in ssb4 from 45 to 50 with some simple clones I'm all for it.

I just noticed this is the rumour thread. How did you guys start this argument anyway? Did some silly goose suggest a roster must be fake if Pichu is on it? People will never learn you know.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Do you have any kind of reasoning to entertain leaks with two Sonic reps other than complete arbitrary bias? "I love Sonic, so two Sonic newcomers is totally reasonable because I want it to happen." Many people consider Professor Layton only non-Nintendo by branding (to use your formulation). Actually, most people don't even realize Professor Layton isn't even a Nintendo character. This doesn't mean that he's by any means likely.

Sakurai said that not just any third party character can make it into Smash. Clearly, a character has to be legendary to get playable status if Sonic, Megaman, and Snake (to a slightly lesser degree, but you have the Kojima connection there) are any indication. Do you legitimately think that Tails or Shadow remotely qualifies?

It's fairly obvious that any "leak" with two Sonic reps was just made up by a Sonic fanboy.
I think you and @ TheAnvil TheAnvil are completely ignoring the history with Nintendo and SEGA being friends after being such competitive rivals, and that Sonic and his friends have appeared in many crossovers with Mario and his friends. Sakurai's not stupid, surely he knows how Sonic is represented by Nintendo as a favorite character that they themselves did not create. You cannot deny that Sonic has a great history with Nintendo and expect to get away with it, so no, I still do not tyrannically declare any of those leaks fake automatically. I'm not saying it will happen, I'm saying it CAN!! Never say never

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This has nothing to do with the OP. I get the feeling that the "leak" isn't even in this thread.

In general, as far as the OP goes, I think it's a good thing we're not just adding every "leak" under the sun into it, since it grants run-of-the-mill attention wh*res an undue 'position of honor.'

@ IsmaR IsmaR , I think a solid idea might be to add only the "leaks" that have proven to be at least partly true to the OP for that reason (partly true based on new reveals, that is, not just saying "Oh yeah, Little Mac and these guys are playable!"). Cutting out the "leaks" that haven't proven themselves might also be a solid way to avoid the undue glorification of them (*cough* WHAT DOES THE BETTERNET ROSTER SAY AGAIN?? *cough*).

Also, one more off-topic Sonic Newcomer post in this thread, and I start handing out warnings/infractions. Take it to the many, many correct threads for that sort of talk.

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I think you and @ TheAnvil TheAnvil are completely ignoring the history with Nintendo and SEGA being friends after being such competitive rivals, and that Sonic and his friends have appeared in many crossovers with Mario and his friends. Sakurai's not stupid, surely he knows how Sonic is represented by Nintendo as a favorite character that they themselves did not create. You cannot deny that Sonic has a great history with Nintendo and expect to get away with it, so no, I still do not tyrannically declare any of those leaks fake automatically. I'm not saying it will happen, I'm saying it CAN!!
If you want Smash to be full of Sonic Characters, there are numerous Brawl Mods that will assist you. But you should probably stop making your case here, this argument has been going on for pages and has very little to do with leaks at this point.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
If you want Smash to be full of Sonic Characters, there are numerous Brawl Mods that will assist you. But you should probably stop making your case here, this argument has been going on for pages and has very little to do with leaks at this point.
I never said I wanted Smash to bowl over on Sonic characters, which I don't unless/until Nintendo buys up SEGA. I'm just saying that I don't discredit leaks with a second Sonic character that easy. Three or more Sonic characters in one leak I can discredit though. Anyway, I'm outta here

D

Deleted member

I will say what needs to be said about a 2nd Sonic character (or Metal Gear for that matter):

It isn't out of the realm of possibility, but it is outside the realm of probability.
A "leak" isn't automatically false because of say, Tails or Revolver Ocelot, but it should be taken under a large Big Mac combo's worth of salt.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

Its actually a really old leak, probably before January.

The problem is, and excuse me beforehand if I sound offensive, that all of you kids have turned the thread into a "try to debunk my fake leak" thread going as far as saying: "the point of this thread is to have fun debunking leaks" and because of this the thread has lost its actual purpose which was to help us document leaks so that when a moment like this happened we could have the correct leak readily available to analyze if we might have a real leak of truthful information in our hands.

There has been more than 200 leaks because of most people in this thread being immature (again, sorry for being offensive) and its impossible to keep track of them all. Specially when more than half of them are obviously faked and shouldn't be kept track of to begin with, but because of bias towards the characters on the leak and, yet again, immaturity they are "watched" for weeks, leaving other "boring" yet possibly true leaks in the dust, destined to be buried in 600 pages of posts.

Maybe this is a lesson to all you guys to stop making new leaks every week. I am not against having fun in a forum or making a fake leak to entertain us while we wait for the game to come out, but honestly you guys took it way too far. (I am talking to the thread as a whole)

Hopefully someone can find the leak as I am 100% sure it exists and 100% sure it was posted in this thread since I don't visit any other forum.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think you and @ TheAnvil TheAnvil are completely ignoring the history with Nintendo and SEGA being friends after being such competitive rivals, and that Sonic and his friends have appeared in many crossovers with Mario and his friends. Sakurai's not stupid, surely he knows how Sonic is represented by Nintendo as a favorite character that they themselves did not create. You cannot deny that Sonic has a great history with Nintendo and expect to get away with it, so no, I still do not tyrannically declare any of those leaks fake automatically. I'm not saying it will happen, I'm saying it CAN!! Never say never
Sakurai's comments about 3rd party characters make it extremely hard to believe that they'd include any more Sonic characters. Especially when you consider that the only possible one (Tails) wouldn't offer anything that Sonic (with probably a hint of Dixie Kong) won't already represent.

3rd Party won't be getting priority.

I get that you'd love another Sonic character, my brother really wants Tails. But the chances are extremely low... As in lower than Spyro The Dragon.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Sakurai's comments about 3rd party characters make it extremely hard to believe that they'd include any more Sonic characters. Especially when you consider that the only possible one (Tails) wouldn't offer anything that Sonic (with probably a hint of Dixie Kong) won't already represent.

3rd Party won't be getting priority.

I get that you'd love another Sonic character, my brother really wants Tails. But the chances are extremely low... As in lower than Spyro The Dragon.
WHATEVER!!!!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Its actually a really old leak, probably before January.

The problem is, and excuse me beforehand if I sound offensive, that all of you kids have turned the thread into a "try to debunk my fake leak" thread going as far as saying: "the point of this thread is to have fun debunking leaks" and because of this the thread has lost its actual purpose which was to help us document leaks so that when a moment like this happened we could have the correct leak readily available to analyze if we might have a real leak of truthful information in our hands.

There has been more than 200 leaks because of most people in this thread being immature (again, sorry for being offensive) and its impossible to keep track of them all. Specially when more than half of them are obviously faked and shouldn't be kept track of to begin with, but because of bias towards the characters on the leak and, yet again, immaturity they are "watched" for weeks, leaving other "boring" yet possibly true leaks in the dust, destined to be buried in 600 pages of posts.

Maybe this is a lesson to all you guys to stop making new leaks every week. I am not against having fun in a forum or making a fake leak to entertain us while we wait for the game to come out, but honestly you guys took it way too far. (I am talking to the thread as a whole)

Hopefully someone can find the leak as I am 100% sure it exists and 100% sure it was posted in this thread since I don't visit any other forum.
I see where you are coming from, it's fun to make leaks (which I don't really do), but if you over abuse it, it can really cause problems.
Let's try not to become the comedian all the time. :p

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
This has nothing to do with the OP. I get the feeling that the "leak" isn't even in this thread.

In general, as far as the OP goes, I think it's a good thing we're not just adding every "leak" under the sun into it, since it grants run-of-the-mill attention wh*res an undue 'position of honor.'

@ IsmaR IsmaR , I think a solid idea might be to add only the "leaks" that have proven to be at least partly true to the OP for that reason (partly true based on new reveals, that is, not just saying "Oh yeah, Little Mac and these guys are playable!"). Cutting out the "leaks" that haven't proven themselves might also be a solid way to avoid the undue glorification of them (*cough* WHAT DOES THE BETTERNET ROSTER SAY AGAIN?? *cough*).

Also, one more off-topic Sonic Newcomer post in this thread, and I start handing out warnings/infractions. Take it to the many, many correct threads for that sort of talk.

It was in this thread. Or at least in smashboards. I don't visit any other forums that isn't smashboards, and I distinctly remember the leak.

Edit: although now that I think about it, it might have been a link to a thread into another forum. I do visit the links. If it was post with a link to another forum then we will never find it.

Last edited:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Edit: although now that I think about it, it might have been a link to a thread into another forum. I do visit the links. If it was post with a link to another forum then we will never find it.
I think we'll just need to wait for someone to have a flash of brilliance and remember exactly when the leak was discussed. However, if it was in some random Gamefaqs post and the person who shared didn't copy the text and the Gamefaqs post was deleted, then it will be lost to the ages.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Oh, I agree with the sentiment entirely. The one request I received when I took control of this thread was that I retain the original format @N3ON employed when she was the owner, so I've been rather hesitant to cut or change anything. Coupling this with the issues the first post had (being too Ridleybig/having to be divided and reverted numerous times) results in the stagnation that is the current OP. So long as they follow the same or at least similar guidelines, any other moderator can edit/update said first post.

WHATEVER!!!!
Just let it die. This is the last time anyone will warn you to not bring this up in this thread.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
How about pasting the "How to kill" leaks post, it has many more leaks than the OP, the cuccoo one might be there.

I remember the leak so well, it said the cuccoo would walk around the stage until it was hit enough times then it would start raining cuccoos. I remember it because when I read it I thought to myself "Zelda has been in smash for 15 years, Cuccoos have been in Zelda for even longer, why would cuccoos be added now if they never were before."

And now looking at the Miiverse picture I feel like I should have paid more attention to that leak.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I distinctly remember something about that Cocoo (or however you spell it) leak not too long after I joined this site. If you guys want I can dig down to where I first posted (which is this thread) and read through from there to see if I find anything.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I distinctly remember something about that Cocoo (or however you spell it) leak not too long after I joined this site. If you guys want I can dig down to where I first posted (which is this thread) and read through from there to see if I find anything.
C-U-C-C-O. That's how you spell it. But that's irrelevant right now! You should go try and find it~

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Does the search function also take quoted posts without a source into consideration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom