• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Yeah no, I remember hearing about a Cuccoo in a leak. It actually sprang to mind this morning when i saw the picture.

Ofcourse there's 600 odd pages. Probably before the Palutena leak, which I recall was around page 100 believe it or not. I may be wrong but this thread jumped like 50 pages in 2 days at that time, so I'm not sure.

I feel it was around sometime in November.

And this Sonic stuff is getting on my nerves, frankly because I love the series ( my favorite, surprisingly) and adding Tails to me would be utterly stupid. I suspect that Tails leak was made by someone here, no names.

T

Trick or Treat

Not sure if this means much (it doesn't) but the Cuccos have been a fairly common idea for a while. Not that it discredits a leak obviously, but it's not like it'd be surprising to see it on a few of them.

Though it IS surprising that none of the big ones have it.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
The only leaks that are the pleasing and convincing to me are the Sheriff and Tin Star leaks atm.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Not sure if this means much (it doesn't) but the Cuccos have been a fairly common idea for a while. Not that it discredits a leak obviously, but it's not like it'd be surprising to see it on a few of them.

Though it IS surprising that none of the big ones have it.

It is a common idea, but only 1 leak (out of hundreds) has had cuccoos. Also most people who have suggested cuccoos as an idea are fairly new to the series. It is extremely rare that an element that has been around for longer than the Smash series from a franchise that has been around since the very first game all of a sudden gets added into the game, although it isn't unguessable status. This is why it is important we find the leak to see if it's already been debunked, or if it has gotten other few things right while it was buried in 600 pages.

Could someone post the "is killable by" post?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It is a common idea, but only 1 leak (out of hundreds) has had cuccoos. Also most people who have suggested cuccoos as an idea are fairly new to the series. It is extremely rare that an element that has been around for longer than the Smash series from a franchise that has been around since the very first game all of a sudden gets added into the game, although it isn't unguessable status. This is why it is important we find the leak to see if it's already been debunked, or if it has gotten other few things right while it was buried in 600 pages.

I'll remind @GreenReaperGod about it.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Okay guys, I've got some good news and I've got some bad news.

The good news is I've found my first post, aka the checkpoint.

The bad news is it's right smack dab in the middle of the Palutena craziness (page 127).

I've got a lot of digging to go through yet. But for the good of Smashboards I shall not give up!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Here's the one from the beginning of the month:

Dead:

Journalist Leak -
Comprised of a "final roster" without Rosalina or Toon Link.
Reddit Leak - Claims that Rosalina is an Assist Trophy.
ThatWasPeachy False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Wegenbarth False Leak - See above.
APC99 False Leak - See above.
Occopicus Leak - Fortanono fake.
60 Character Roster Leak - Someone in this thread (don't remember) confessed to making it.
splat False Leak - Self-explanatory.
MisterVideoGaming False Leak - See above.
Competitive Arsehole Friend Leak - Clever analysis by Groose indicates that numbers-based poster username spells out "'Tis Fake!"
Early February 2013 Crap Leak - Claims that "Mega Man is off the table."
Smashboardian Leak That I Think Fortanono Made Leak - I was correct.
legendofrob1 False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Illiterate Leak (#2) - Said that Captain Falcon would be revealed on January 21st.
Toots Leak - Leaker admitted it was fake
Mr. Prediction Leak - Said that Shulk would be revealed on January 30th.
Hanafuda Leak (#1) - Said Lucario was cut.
Basty Leak - Also said that Lucario was cut.
Sandbag Leak - Said that Sandbag would be revealed on January 31st.
Really Short Leak - Lucario was revealed before Captain Falcon.
Frostwraith Leak - Self-explanatory.
Sakura Leak - Says that "Smash 5" is already in development by a different studio, when Sakurai has stated that SSBU and SSB3DS are Smash 4 and 5.
Sesquin Leak - Stated that Spear Pillar would return, but Palkia (major stage element of Spear Pillar) has been confirmed as a pokeball Pokemon.
Gandalf69me Leak - Admitted Fake
"Somebody is Coming" Leak - See above
Cap'nChreest Leak - See above
Souta Satou Leak - Yoshi Kato's email was soutasatou@____.com (they had different claims)
Yoshi Kato Leak - See above
Sound Guy Leak - Said Diddy would be next revealed (Little Mac was revealed before)
Veteran Leak - See above
Glass Joe Leak - Said that Diddy would be revealed on February 13th.
IGN Leak (#1) - See above
Year of Yoshi Leak - Said Yoshi and Baby Mario would be revealed during the direct on February 13th
Future Leaker Leak - Admitted fake
Diddy Kong Website Leak - Diddy Kong's background color is red, not blue
Illiterate Leak (#3) - Said that a "frozen DK Isle" stage would be revealed on DKTF's US release date
Ceres Leak - Had the same IP as another Smashboards user
Suomynona Leak - See above
New Nintendo Direct Stuff Leak - Said Mii would be revealed in the next direct.
CrimsonDivine Leak - The source admitted to have made it up
Over-Representation Leak (#1) - Said Waluigi was playable
GaeozHero Leak - Said "Ms. Tetris" would be revealed in February
Yoshi Website Leak - Said Yoshi would be revealed on March 13th

Live:

Jumpman Leak

[COLLAPSE="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Mewtwo, Dixie, Mii, Jumpman, ROB or Lucario
  • Inclusion of Snake
  • Roster exceeding "around 40 characters"
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr. Assist Trophy
  • Exclusion of Cannon Box item

Betternet Roster Leak
  • Inclusion of Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Pokemon Trainer with Brawl Pokemon
  • Inclusion of newcomer who is not Dixie, Toon Zelda, Palutena, Krystal, Chrom & Lucina, Mii, Little Mac, Takamaru, or Pacman
  • Exclusion of any non-listed Brawl veteran or Mewtwo
  • Mewtwo using a Mega Form, not using "Psycho Break" Final Smash
  • Zelda/Sheik or Samus/ZSS transformations being changed
  • Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash not being "Tri-Pledge" or "Triple Pledge"
  • Pacman and/or Ganondorf not being shown at an E3 2014 Nintendo Direct
OP: http://pastebin.com/zTddsKWn
[/COLLAPSE]
GameFAQs PM Leak *
  • Exclusion of "Super Amazing Wagon Adventure U" stage
  • Exclusion of "Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo" Assist Trophy
OP: http://pastebin.com/MazHmmzn
[/COLLAPSE]
NotSakurai Leak *
  • Exclusion of Barrel Cannon, Tiki's Tear, or Baby Yoshi items
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), Chimera Factory (3DS), 8-Bit Ice Climber (Wii U and 3DS), Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Inclusion of any Melee stage aside from Battlefield and Final Destination
  • Exclusion of Sallya, Tails or Magnus Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of My Unit, Shulk, or Ridley
  • Inclusion of Pokemon who is not playable in Brawl or Mewtwo, or Roy or Young Link
  • Inclusion of another Mario character
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario skin for Mario
OP: http://pastebin.com/gW9q1daE
[/COLLAPSE]
Four Revealed Newcomer Info Leak
  • Any listed move for Villager, WFT, Mega Man and Rosalina behaving opposite to description
  • Exclusion of Sheik transformation
  • Phantom being anything but an Assist Trophy
OP: http://pastebin.com/tfirfp3K
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#1) *
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), or Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Exclusion of Little Mac, Mii, Shulk, Anna, Pacman, Palutena, Mewtwo, Ness, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Ganondorf or Falco
OP: http://pastebin.com/WRXmEfyU
[/COLLAPSE]
Generic Short New Namco Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Ike, Ness, ROB, Little Mac, K. Rool, Mewtwo
OP: http://pastebin.com/cZ8qH1Dj
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak (#1)
  • Exclusion of Ridley, or Little Mac
  • Exclusion of Metroid, Anthony Higgs, Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, or Hector Assist Trophies
  • Little Mac's home stage not being the boxing ring
  • Ridley's home stage not being Pyrosphere
OP: http://pastebin.com/mbwtK8Zt
[/COLLAPSE]
Neogaf Rumor
  • Target release date not being spring
OP: N/A
[/COLLAPSE]
Spacechannel5 Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Bayonetta, Pac-Man, and Chrom as characters
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a stage hazard
  • Exclusion of Falco, Ness, Lucas, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, or Ike
  • Inclusion of Snake or Jigglypuff
  • Exclusion of Audino as a pokeball and Lucina as an assist trophy
  • Planned release date that is not June
OP: http://pastebin.com/767X7x6h
[/COLLAPSE]
Naryol Leak
  • Inclusion of Geno or Goku
  • Roster with more or less than 42 characters
  • More or less than 3 third parties
  • Inclusion of Ridley, King K Rool, or Bowser Jr. as playable characters
  • Exclusion of Lucario or R.O.B
OP: http://pastebin.com/uVmHnZXC
[/COLLAPSE]
E Gadd Leak
[Collapse="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Professor E Gadd, Tingle, and Dixie Kong (as her own character)
  • Exclusion of Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and Ganondorf
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr, King Boo, Hammer Bro, Waluigi, Kat & Ana, Kamek, Cranky Kong, Midna and Wolf Link, Beedle, and Metroid assist trophies
  • Inclusion of Lakitu assist trophy
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a boss
  • Inclusion of King K Rool as anything but a stage element
  • Exclusion of Gangplank Galleon stage
OP: http://pastebin.com/EqViSATv
[/COLLAPSE]
Three Post Leak/Tabuu Leak
  • More or less than 59 characters in the game (including transformations)
  • More or less than 53 character slots on the roster
  • Exclusion of any Brawl Character
  • Zero Suit Samus not able to be selected at the character select screen
  • Jigglypuff not having a moveset with elements from her new Fairy type
  • Snake not being revealed in a Nintendo Direct that will announce a Metal Gear Wii U game.
  • Inclusion of Pokemon Trainer whose Pokemon do not include Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Blaziken.
  • Inclusion of stamina for the Pokemon Trainer
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, and Pichu
  • Exclusion of a Dr. Luigi alt for Dr. Mario
  • Exclusion of Drawing Link/Young Link, Charizard/Mega Charizard X, King K Rool, RIdley, Palutena, Robin/Avatar, Little Mac, Mii, Pac-Man, or Tabuu
  • Exclusion of female alt for Robin/Avatar
  • Exclusion of Sakurai, Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie default Miis.
  • Exclusion of Shulk assist trophy
OP: http://pastebin.com/SXWvG2J6
[/COLLAPSE]
Hyrule Goddesses Leak
  • Exclusion of every Brawl veteran except for Snake
  • Exclusion of Lucina, Takamaru, Little Mac, King K Rool, Palutena, Pac-Man, Galacta Knight, Hyrule Goddesses (Din, Nayru, and Farore), Lucina, Takamaru, and Little Mac.
  • Inclusion of another newcomer not stated in that list.
  • Exclusion of a Golden Mushroom, Love-love stick, Monado, Ice Flower, and Proto Shield items.
  • Exclusion of Another Dimension, Chaos Theatre, Popples Islands, Lightning (F-Zero), Planet Wisp, NES Pinball, and Murasame Castle stages.
  • Exclusion of Dixie Kong, Dillon, T-Rex, Wrestler, Quick Man, Eggplant Wizard, Yveltal, Chesnaught, Floette, Doublade, Genesect, Reshiram, and Zekrom as pokeball pokemon/assist trophies.
  • Exclusion of Mii Mode (basically a regular match except with only Miis).
  • Inclusion of Mii outside of Mii Mode.
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak #2
  • Exclusion of every Brawl Veteran except for Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, Young Link, Jigglypuff, and Snake.
  • Exclusion of Charizard (solo fighter), Pokemon Trainer (with Sylveon, Leafeon, Vaporean), Mewtwo, Takamaru, Palutena, Little Mac, Dixie Kong, Shulk, and Lucina.
  • Inclusion of any returning stage beside Pokemon Stadium 2 and Yoshi's Island (not Final Destination ???)
  • Exclusion of Serperior, Reshram, Zekram, and the X and Y legendaries as pokeball pokemon.
  • Exclusion of Home-Run Contest, Break the Targets, and Events (Wii U exclusive)
[/COLLAPSE]
"ChaosZero" Leak
  • Inclusion of King K Rool and Ridley as playable characters
  • Dixie Kong being partnered with Diddy
  • Online mode without the ability to host rooms or choose what items are available
[/COLLAPSE]
Monster Hunter Leak
  • Exclusion of Little Mac, Prince Sable, Palutena, Takamaru, Mii, Shulk, Monster Hunter, Slime, and Pac-Man
  • Inclusion of any other newcomer besides the ones listed above
[/COLLAPSE]
Mjardo Leak
  • Exclusion of Dixie Kong, Prince Sable, a different retro newcomer, Lucas, and a Pokemon Trainer-like character
  • Exclusion of a Tropical Freeze stage
[/COLLAPSE]
Angry Leak
  • Exclusion of Palutena, Little Mac, and Ridley
  • Exclusion of Ridley as a stage hazard (yes, he's both)
  • Inclusion of King K Rool or Geno
  • Exclusion of Sami and Primid as assist trophies
  • Exclusion of Pokemon Stadium 3, Nintendo Land, and Miiverse stages
[/COLLAPSE]
ErenJager Leak
  • Megaman's final smash not being Rush Armor Upgrade and Villager's not using bees
  • Exclusion of Waluigi as an assist trophy
  • Skull Kid not being "Snorlax with a moon"
  • Exclusion of Palutena as an assist trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
4chan Leaker (#1)
  • Palutena not being the next newcomer revealed
[/COLLAPSE]
E3 2014 4chan Leaker
  • Target release date not being July
  • Inclusion of cuts
  • A demo not appearing at E3 (Includes Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, and Samus)
  • Official release date not being announced at E3
  • Ridley, Pac-Man, and Takamaru not being revealed at E3
  • Ridley not using his design from Other M
  • Exclusion of Mii
  • Mii being revealed at E3
  • Exclusion of unlockable costumes
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario and Dark Samus costumes
  • A costume customization feature not being added
  • Exclusion of 10 different themes for stage builder
  • Snake not being revealed during a direct that a.so announces a new Metal Gear Solid title for the Wii U
[/COLLAPSE]
4chan Leaker (#2)
  • Exclusion of Palutena, Mii, Pac-Man, Takamaru, Prince Sable, DIxie Kong, Ghirahm, and Mewtwo.
  • Inclusion of any other newcomer not listed above.
[/COLLAPSE]
4chan Leaker (#3)
  • Exclusion of E Gadd and Tingle
[/COLLAPSE]
Random Username Leaker
[COLLAPSE="KIllable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Palutena, K Rool, Chrom, and Bubbles
  • Inclusion of cuts
  • Exclusion of Tiki's Tear, Medusa Head, Tempure Bomb, and Ice Flower items
  • Exclusion of Mr. Resetti, Shadow, Saki, Andross, King Hippo, King Gangrel, Tom Nook, Toadsworth, Protoman, and Duster assist trophies
[/COLLAPSE]
"Mew2King" Leak
  • Exclusion of Ridley, Ghirahim, Palutena, Mewtwo, Chrom, Funky Kong, Professor Layton, and Zitz
[/COLLAPSE]
Hanafuda Leak (#2)
  • Exclusion of Toad, Dixie Kong, Tingle, Mewtwo, Ridley, Palutena, Chrom, Yoshi & Baby Mario, Kamek, Tom Nook, Andy, Mii, and Hanafuda
[/COLLAPSE]
Gaxel's Friend Leak
  • Inclusion of King K Rool, Geno, and My Unit
  • Exclusion of Ridley and Chrom
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak (#3)
  • Exclusion of Mii, Shulk, Bandana Dee, and Prince Sable as playable characters
  • Exclusion of Richard, Tails, Yveltal, and Arceus as pokeball pokemon/assist trophies
  • Exclusion of an "X" stage, a DKC:TF stage, and a Wonderful 101 stage
  • Exclusion of Sector 4
[/COLLAPSE]
RosalinaX Leak
  • Final roster being more or less than 48 characters
  • The amount of cuts being more or less than 4
[/COLLAPSE]

Just for future reference, I haven't added the extremely vague leaks, but if you would like to view them, here are the links
http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-405#post-16370074 (Xplizit)
http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-406#post-16370456 (Xplizit #2)
http://pastebin.com/7T4dkuCh (Revealer)

[/COLLAPSE]
Here it is.
And I was ninja'd
I couldn't find the Cucco one, though it could be a more recent entry (or from a 'dead' leak).

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Even if a leak is unlikely, post it and remember it. I learned this the hard way. It is close to impossible to find an old leak that wasn't popular, I've tried. I remember seeing a leak that said Lucario would be the next reveal [which he was] and it had other stuff too. But I took it with a grain of salt. Then he's announced, and I can't remember or find it. Let's hope we find this one, but it will be insanely hard too.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I guess we spoke too soon. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68863347

Hello guys, I managed to get some information from a friend that has a familiar working on Nintendo and the next information is what I got:
*There will be an major Nintendo Direct coming on April and, as expected, a character will be revealed for the next Super Smash Bros., my friend told me that the specific character will be from the Fire Emblem series and who can this character be? If you all guessed on Chrom you were absolutely wrong...!! No, just kidding, Chrom will be announced as the new Fire Emblem this April.
*Second, Pac-Man was the character selected from Namco Bandai to be playable since all his back story he has with Nintendo. One of his special moves will be the Pac-Dive, and his final smash will be to transform all the players into ghosts and the only thing they can do it's run, Sakurai did this because it was a reference to the retro game.
*Sakurai wants to include the two most popular recently characters. Who are they? Most likely it will be Shulk (Xenoblade) and Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) since the popularity they both have with such great games. Plus, they have stages on both versions.
*Stages that will get on both versions are: Wild West (Dillon's home stage), Prison Island (Shulk home stage), a Pac-Man based stage, Ice Climbers' home stage (Not the same as Brawl), and Final Destination.
*Lor Starcutter (Kirby) is only available on the Wii U version.
*Pushmo Park is an stage on the 3DS version and features Mallo on it.
*Not every assist trophy from Brawl will return.
*Xerneas who was revealed on October is an Pokeball Pokemon.
*The music heard in the first trailer is the main theme of the Main Menu and Battlefield.
*Meta Knight and Yoshi will be revealed on May 2 and Summer 2014 respectively.
*Wario, Ganondorf, Ness, and Captain Falcon return.
*Ike, Lucas, Wolf, R.O.B., and Snake doesn't return.
*Pkmn Trainer is reworked with a new set of Pokemon, and now it's named Pkmn Trainer 2.
That's all the information my friend got. An opinion of mine is that Chrom will be revealed on the 20th of April. See ya guys and I hope this is true cause I agree with most of the leak!
Nice to see sometimes Dillon is still mentioned in rumors. He's not that often listed in any rumors while he still would be an interesting inclusion. However the whole way the "leaker" writes, makes him lose credibility already: " Most likely it will be". And while Pkmn Trainer 2 could be a possible name for a character working on yet, it's hard to believe there are still characters not finished yet. I think the roster is close to finish and until the release they are working on bonus stuff, stage creator features, different game modes, a story mode equivalent as there will be no story mode like in Brawl. Also I could imagine they put many efforts in a good balancing and good online play features. Therefore I find it hard to believe there are still characters far from finished.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, although we'll keep looking for the Cucco 'leak' in this thread, let this be a warning to everyone copying stuff over from other topics on GameFAQs: post the 'leak's' text, not just "Derp, link and nothing else."

The only leaks that are the pleasing and convincing to me are the Sheriff and Tin Star leaks atm.
The Tin Star rumor took a hit already. It said there would be a Lumiose Café stage, but by all appearances we see that the fighting takes place on Prism Tower and possibly in the plazas, but not cafés. That, and Nintendo doesn't even own Tin Star. I'd consider it in critical condition if not dead.

Edit: What's the sheriff leak?

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm approaching page 150. At this slow rate, I'm going to need some extra info.

Can anybody remember what area of pages (such as between 300-400 as an example) or day/month it might have appeared in? Any of the above would help significantly with my search.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
At page 155. I'm taking a break. Anyone is welcome to continue, just let me know where you are page-wise when I come back if you do some searching.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Can R.O.B. get revealed already? Jeez, people so eager to cut him in their leaks have no clue.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'll take 155-200.

Also posted a topic on Gfaqs.

You should take pages 250-300.

Anyone else want to help?
It may help us find out info sooner. ;)
I volunteer my services.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember to use the ctrl+f function to save yourselves some time when going through each page individually. I'd chip in but I've got work to do.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Reporting back from my search!

Didn't find what we were looking for.

Shin F.

Smash Master
There was a leak with Cucco info and very specific of what will do, so specific that Sakurai hinted the same thing, so everyone is searching for it.
.n_n.
I can't believe we haven't managed it yet. I've been searching as well, (even using Google to see if I could find the original, but every result is now flooded with the announcement :/)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom