• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
There's a lot of AT's that leak could be referring too. Some seem more likely, but this is Sakurai. Here's a list of potential candidates:

Barbara the Bat
Dr. Wright
Excite Biker
Infantry and Tanks/ Advance Wars character
Isaac
Jill
Kat & Ana
Lyn
Ray MK II
Saki
Samurai Goroh

Honestly, Sakurai could easily use more than one of those characters.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Yeah. I agree with that. If they can give us a newcomer before the direct is even revealed that would be ideal.

On a similar note the E3 leak that suggested Megaman, Wii Fit, Village, Pacman, Little Mac and Mii (that people refuse to give up hope on) fails to seem real to me for a similar reason. No one I've spoken to was aware of said leak prior to E3 and I can't seem to find the original post. Screams bull**** to me.
Uh, this took like 5 seconds to find:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=62304489#post62304489

The only thing that might be BS about it is that half of the characters weren't shown at E3, but I still personally believe the leak.

D

Deleted member

Here is the character order in Brawl's data, to go with last page's discussion.
Color coded:
Green = "Main" roster characters
Red = Post-SSE "bonus" characters
Blue = 3rd Parties
Orange = Final Smash characters
Purple = Non-playable characters
White = Unknown
Black = Debug

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Bowser
Peach
Zelda
Sheik
Popo
Nana
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
Ganondorf
Wario
Meta Knight
Pit
Zero Suit Samus
Olimar
Lucas
Diddy Kong
Pokémon Trainer
Charizard
Squirtle
Ivysaur
King Dedede
Lucario
Ike
R.O.B.

"pra_mai"
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Roy
Dr. Mario
Toon Link
Toon Zelda
"Toon Sheik"
Wolf
Dixie Kong

Snake
Sonic

Giga Bowser
Wario-Man

Red Alloy
Blue Alloy
Yellow Alloy
Green Alloy

Mario (Debug Version)

Last edited by a moderator:

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
While I really don't hold stock in a lot of "leaks," I do suspect at LEAST one other Assist and/or boss from Brawl to become playable... I mean it would make sense since those characters were already considered worthy of being represented. Maybe AT's like Little Mac made it in because they've "worked hard" enough by being prominently featured in a game since the release of Brawl?

Please don't say "WALUIGI WAS IN GAMES SINCE THEN" because I will shut you down with this quote from the Waluigi Wikipedia page:
"He [Waluigi] is seen as less than legitimate by Nintendo internally. His first appearances were in the sports games made by Camelot, who thrust the half-baked villain on the world. [...] He has yet to appear in a core Mario game, and also never appears in his brother Wario's titles, perhaps because Nintendo thinks he’s not good enough for them." - GamesRadar

Have there been any others since then?
If that leak is true..man are pepole going to be pissed off

D

Deleted member

Regarding that leak, I could see that the second AT being promoted to playability is Andy, since before the Advanced Wars AT was just a bunch of tanks and grunts.
The fact that Andy wasn't the AT means it wouldn't be referring to Andy.

Use your head.

EDIT: Though I don't see any reason to believe this leak, especially since it seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth, the only ATs it can logically be at this point are:
Barbara the Bat
Isaac
Saki
Samurai Goroh
Tingle

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
One rather disgusting possibility would be the promotion of Jill to playability, not because of Jill herself, but because it would grant credence to a number of crappy 4chan rosters from weeks back.

With regard to R.O.B., yeah, my mistake in declaring him to be a low-priority Brawl newcomer. That doesn't entirely rule out my hypothetical, however, given that Mewtwo, too, was a cut character of regular priority in Melee. Granted, those situations wouldn't be entirely the same, given the lack of a Pokemon Company equivalent dictating R.O.B.'s fate, but I think the general principle is similar.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Isaac comes to mind.
Saki, Devil, Ray, Isaac, Samurai Goroh, Lyn, Labrador Retriever, Tingle, Barbra... most Assist Trophies strike me as playable when you look at them hard enough. I could easily think of a moveset if you want one for Devil and Barbra, btw.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
One rather disgusting possibility would be the promotion of Jill to playability, not because of Jill herself, but because it would grant credence to a number of crappy 4chan rosters from weeks back.

With regard to R.O.B., yeah, my mistake in declaring him to be a low-priority Brawl newcomer. That doesn't entirely rule out my hypothetical, however, given that Mewtwo, too, was a cut character of regular priority in Melee. Granted, those situations wouldn't be entirely the same, given the lack of a Pokemon Company equivalent dictating R.O.B.'s fate, but I think the general principle is similar.
Not to downplay Mewtwo and make him seem insignificant when he is obviously not, but I personally would compare ROB more to Mr. G&W, if anything, considering the fact he doesn't come from a series where recency does play a factor.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
What about Dr. Wright (the Sim City guy)? Seems like a wtf choice, but still possible...okay not really, but it'd be a LOL.

The only part of that leak that makes me :/ is Palutena being an AT. Going from FS to AT seems like a downgrade to me. Would be happy about playable Ridley though.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
In regards to Palutena, if those leaked photos are real, then it would mean she's a playable character. The reason I state this is because, from what I remember in those photos, she had individual fingers, and if the Waluigi assist trophy picture told us anything, ATs aren't detailed enough to get individual fingers, especially on the 3DS where polygons have to be more carefully chosen.

Also, while searching Google for those Palutena pictures, I came across this:

Has this been talked about before? I've never seen it.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
In regards to Palutena, if those leaked photos are real, then it would mean she's a playable character. The reason I state this is because, from what I remember in those photos, she had individual fingers, and if the Waluigi assist trophy picture told us anything, ATs aren't detailed enough to get individual fingers, especially on the 3DS where polygons have to be more carefully chosen.

Also, while searching Google for those Palutena pictures, I came across this:

Has this been talked about before? I've never seen it.
They were proven fake. I forgot what they said though that proved it fake.

MrAmaboKcorb

Smash Rookie
NNID
AmaboKcorb
I'm starting to somewhat doubt Palutena being playable.
In those leaked shots, her face seems very blank and not expressive, like an assist trophy.
And if she was playable I don't think she'd have her halo all the time, seems like it'd be something only an assist trophy would have.

I really hope I'm wrong though, I really want her to be in.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
In those leaked shots, her face seems very blank and not expressive, like an assist trophy.
And if she was playable I don't think she'd have her halo all the time, seems like it'd be something only an assist trophy would have.

The model itself is too detailed to be an AT, especially her hands.

It's more likely that the image itself is fake rather than her being an AT. And the Halo is apart of her character design.

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
There's a theory going around saying that Ridley and Yellow Devil are both playable...

Just in a different mode! It involves one player controlling the Wii U Gamepad controlling a boss character.

Then there are four other players playing regular characters trying to team up and beat you.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So the with todays POD I just realized that all assist trophies have glued fingers in the Wii U version. In fact in the 3ds version even most of the characters fingers are like that. But in the Palutena leak since her fingers are not glued it shows that she is a playable character. Now whether the leak is true or not that is still up to speculation. But as depicted in the leak she would be playable.
On the subject of fingers, The Palutena leak's fingers all look individually modeled as seen here

Whereas the assist trophies, all in the graphically superior WiiU version I may add, all have fused fingers

This means one of three things

1. It's real and Palutena is a character
2. It's a fake that's even better than the actual game models
3. She's an assist trophy and Sakurai insisted that they fully model her hands.

Don't be sad. Look at the posts I quoted.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Isaac and Saki are the only AT's that I see becoming PC's.
I would like to be wrong but I don't think Isaac and Saki are getting in as playable characters. Sakurai has a tendency of adding first-party Nintendo characters over second-party Nintendo characters (except Pokemon, Kirby, and Mother characters) as playable characters.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
On the subject of fingers, The Palutena leak's fingers all look individually modeled as seen here

Whereas the assist trophies, all in the graphically superior WiiU version I may add, all have fused fingers

This means one of three things

1. It's real and Palutena is a character
2. It's a fake that's even better than the actual game models
3. She's an assist trophy and Sakurai insisted that they fully model her hands.
Hmm....that is interesting.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Jill being playable would actually be kind of cool... too bad Drill Dozer is super obscure now and was even back when Brawl came out. I still have hopes that Game Freak's other non-Pokemon masterpiece, Harmoknight, gets some love in SSB4 with Tempo becoming an AT too.

On the subject of Brawl ATs, with Waluigi biting the dust, I think Issac (or rather his son Matthew) and Tingle are the only ones with a realistic chance of making the jump to playable. I dismiss Goroh because F-Zero has been dead for almost a decade and Saki/Isa Jo because Star Successor tanked spectacularly.

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
Jill being playable would actually be kind of cool... too bad Drill Dozer is super obscure now and was even back when Brawl came out. I still have hopes that Game Freak's other non-Pokemon masterpiece, Harmoknight, gets some love in SSB4 with Tempo becoming an AT too.

On the subject of Brawl ATs, with Waluigi biting the dust, I think Issac (or rather his son Matthew) and Tingle are the only ones with a realistic chance of making the jump to playable. I dismiss Goroh because F-Zero has been dead for almost a decade and Saki/Isa Jo because Star Successor tanked spectacularly.
Star Successor tanked how? Just in terms of sales? I thought the game was pretty damn solid & fun and I just checked it's reviews and it's got many 8/10+ 4/5+.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Isaac and Saki are the only AT's that I see becoming PC's.
Anybody that disagrees with this man's statement is objectively wrong. Outside of these 2, none have a chance.

Just because you can make a damn move set for someone doesn't mean they have a chance in hell

D

Deleted member

Star Successor tanked how? Just in terms of sales? I thought the game was pretty damn solid & fun and I just checked it's reviews and it's got many 8/10+ 4/5+.
Sales. I don' t even know the sales numbers, but it didn't so too well. (If you look for them don't use VGChartz, that site is wrong about 95% of the time.)

Did it reach Nintendo's expectations? No idea.
Anybody that disagrees with this man's statement is objectively wrong. Outside of these 2, none have a chance.

Just because you can make a damn move set for someone doesn't mean they have a chance in hell
Womans*:)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sales most likely. The only reason I would see Saki getting in is if Sin and Punishment has a huge cult following. A lot of Nintendo games rate extremely well but sell poorly but manage to gain a massive cult following (Eternal Darkness and Earthbound are two examples). I'm not sure about Sin and Punishment, but for a Japan only N64 game to get a Wii sequel to be released internationally I would say there's some following.

D

Deleted member

Sales most likely. The only reason I would see Saki getting in is if Sin and Punishment has a huge cult following. A lot of Nintendo games rate extremely well but sell poorly but manage to gain a massive cult following (Eternal Darkness and Earthbound are two examples). I'm not sure about Sin and Punishment, but for a Japan only N64 game to get a Wii sequel to be released internationally I would say there's some following.
A sequel was greenlit because of how well the N64 game did in NA on the VC, so yes there is a following.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
A sequel was greenlit because of how well the N64 game did in NA on the VC, so yes there is a following.
I forgot about the VC. There was a decent amount of demand for a VC release so I find even less reason to doubt Saki being added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom