• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Going back to the 2 At leaks, if it is true, why has not one person given thought to Knuckle Joe? He's from one of Sakurai's series and is a "bigger" deal than a common enemy. He's also in the next Kirby game as-well.

However I doubt he'd get in.

Now, could a Nintendo announcement be classified as a leak? I'm sure you all know about the WFC being shut down May 20th and this implies to me a Smash release for Wii U in the summer since there's no chance Nintendo would leave the fans of Online Brawl in the dust (despite the completely bad connection it has).
not to mention that they clearly said that this was done to get the mk8 and ssb4 online ready

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Going back to the 2 At leaks, if it is true, why has not one person given thought to Knuckle Joe? He's from one of Sakurai's series and is a "bigger" deal than a common enemy. He's also in the next Kirby game as-well.

Now, could a Nintendo announcement be classified as a leak? I'm sure you all know about the WFC being shut down May 20th and this implies to me a Smash release for Wii U in the summer since there's no chance Nintendo would leave the fans of Online Brawl in the dust (despite the completely bad connection it has).
Two Questions. In what way is he "a 'bigger' deal than a common enemy?" Secondly, In Melee there was only 1 Kirby rep. I suspect the only reason both Metaknight and DeDeDe made it into brawl is they were running out of obvious missing reps. So I don't know where this idea of Sakurai favoritism even comes from. I suspect the leakers' logic is similar-ish.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
He later said that he had actually received a tip off from someone else and he had called it a "prediction" because he wasn't sure of the legitimacy/was screwing around. You can believe or not believe that but it WAS claimed to be a leak by the poster, not just a prediction.
Capitalizing on the fact that some of his unlikely predictions were true. If it doesn't scream fake to you after he originally called it a prediction and then later called it a leak, you aren't using logic. You're going off hype, which I understand. But it screams BS more than ever to me after seeing the actual post. No big deal, I understand that people believe what they want to, I just would have thought the most popular leak would have had more to it then that.
@DarkShadow20
And, of course, WFT is something no one saw coming. But I'm sure someone had the idea of her in Smash, there are simply too many people in the world for that idea to have only come to Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

Me, now: I think Brash the Bear would be a cool character.

*After E3, five years later*

Those in Denial: Brash the Bear was an unlikely guess, but still a possible one!

As a matter of fact, I've "talked about" Brash the Bear, a character from a series that is heavily focused-upon for Smash newcomers, twice now in a high-profile thread with hundreds of viewers each day. This is in comparison to one guy who "talked about" WFT once in a four-post topic that was buried and forgotten about until it was dug up by people who, in fact, were looking to fact-check the denier claims that people were "talking about" her, not those deniers themselves (this being indicative of them talking out of their arses as usual, of course).

Point being, Brash the Bear is officially now easier to guess than the Wii Fit Trainer was.
I've seen you use this example multiple times.
Now you've got me curious. Who's Brash the Bear?

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Don't reveal the "One more AT will be promoted" leak to people on miiverse, they'll all assume Shadow the Hedgehog has been confirmed as playable!

Last edited:

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice

Bandana Waddle Dee has a better shot at being a playable character then Knuckle Joe. Besides we have all the Kirby reps we need. Even Sakurai himself hates adding too many Kirby characters cause he doesnt want to show favoritism to his franchise in Smash.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Hey, i'd like to bring something up real quick before any fake leaks come up. If Retro Studios was working on a new (Metroid) game, they could have a spot in SSB4 and be shown off as a newcomer to go along with the reveal. E3 anyone? Reveal trailer + SSB follow-up trailer = nerdgasm.

Also, the sound guy and translator leaks are starting to haunt me. I am not even a fan of some things in them but they are starting to make sense.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Bandana Dee is one of the main characters and Knuckle Joe is just the guy that gives you the Fighter Power, Bandana Dee is different from normal Waddle Dees, he has a different personality, weapon, appearance and role, all the Knuckle Joes are the same, except maybe for the colour, in some cases like in Kirby Super Star.
Knuckle Joe appears in Kirby Triple Deluxe...as a generic enemy, Bandana Dee is in charge of the Street Pass, and helps Kirby in his adventure.
And no, the Anime doesn't help Knuckle Joe's chances.
If we are going to have a Kirby newcomer, the only answer is Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Hey, i'd like to bring something up real quick before any fake leaks come up. If Retro Studios was working on a new (Metroid) game, they could have a spot in SSB4 and be shown off as a newcomer to go along with the reveal. E3 anyone? Reveal trailer + SSB follow-up trailer = nerdgasm.

Also, the sound guy and translator leaks are starting to haunt me. I am not even a fan of some things in them but they are starting to make sense.
There is no "If". Retro Studios are working on a new game, that was said way back when Tropical Freeze wasn't even released. The question is, what game? They sort of hinted the game is from a franchise they previously worked on, but I doubt it is Donkey Kong Country again.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Bandana Dee is one of the main characters and Knuckle Joe is just the guy that gives you the Fighter Power, Bandana Dee is different from normal Waddle Dees, he has a different personality, weapon, appearance and role, all the Knuckle Joes are the same, except maybe for the colour, in some cases like in Kirby Super Star.
Knuckle Joe appears in Kirby Triple Deluxe...as a generic enemy, Bandana Dee is in charge of the Street Pass, and helps Kirby in his adventure.
If we are going to have a Kirby newcomer, the only answer is Bandana Dee.
Mother of god....

Yeah man Goombario confirmed too cause he's a Goomba BUT WITH A HAT

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Alright, anybody else replying to that is getting also getting infracted. Rumours and Leaks discussion only, and if that wasn't clear enough, leave personal opinions about characters or whatever else out of it.

There is no "If". Retro Studios are working on a new game, that was said way back when Tropical Freeze wasn't even released. The question is, what game? They sort of hinted the game is from a franchise they previously worked on, but I doubt it is Donkey Kong Country again.
I think the "if" in his post was whether or not the new Retro Studios game will be Metroid-related or not.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
The 2ATs leak is interesting. Not because it's real, but because it's likely. Aside from new characters like Rosalina and WFT, I'd say the Brawl ATs are probably the best bet for predicting newcomers.

Barbara, Isaac, Ray, Jill and Saki all stand out as being excellent potential characters with no current representaton. I'd be a little surprised if at least one of them didn't make it in.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I don't Think I've ever seen such an inability to stay on topic in a Thread (not counting obvious Troll threads and such on other sites).
Also, sure you are allowed to be girly.

Anywho, that leak that predicted NES Remix 2... how is it doing o far? Is there any reason to keep track of it, when it did predict one thing?

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Woah... IsmaR's in charge of the OP now, looks like it will be getting updated for often, where did N3ON go anyways? Haven't seen N3ON in a while...

Anyways... I can't wait for the WiiLuvU leak to be deconfirmed. It has a combination of some of the worst additions and cuts. I'm sure at E3 there will be something to kill it. It's basically hanging by a thread at this point with Rosalina confirmed, Diddy's banana possibly back, and Jigglypuff being retyped giving her reason to return other than being an original 12 character. Also it cuts Snake. Bleh. Bad roster/10

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
I can't see Palutena being an AT. Given that she's a female, could easily have a moveset, belongs to a series with one rep, is a main character AND is a character from one of Sakurai's works. I highly doubt that Sakurai would just add her in as an AT.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I can't see Palutena being an AT. Given that she's a female, could easily have a moveset, belongs to a series with one rep, is a main character AND is a character from one of Sakurai's works. I highly doubt that Sakurai would just add her in as an AT.
Not to mention that the Palutena leak, which has nothing wrong about it at all, is much too detailed to be a Assist, has Black Outlines, fingers, etc. So, yeah, she will be playable. ^^

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Everyone has been saying only Isaac or Saki but everyone forgets Ray from custom Robo. Granted Mac may have teken his niche as a titchy power house but he's still possible.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Everyone has been saying only Isaac or Saki but everyone forgets Ray from custom Robo. Granted Mac may have teken his niche as a titchy power house but he's still possible.
I said Ray earlier, but if I had a choice, I would pick Devil, just to **** with everyone.
Support Sig. Roster.png

Uh, you don't see this.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
To continue on the PRE-E3 guess leak, Sakurai specifically said "pretty much almost no one" expected the Wii Fit Trainer.
Now that doesn't mean much, but I DO know that there were a small handful of people who jokingly suggested her across the internet ( Gunla Gunla claims to be one of them).

And like stated before, if you looked at how well the Wii Fit franchise sold, it was actually a pretty plausible concept. We just thought the Wii series as a whole would have been represented by the Mii.

I don't believe that leak for a second as the only "iffy" characters were Wii Fit Trainer and Villager, but many people who aren't that into Smash like most of us are expected the Villager. So really the only one that can be considered "off" was the Wii Fit Trainer, who with the right mindset probably could have been guessed correctly as well.
––––
Alright, anybody else replying to that is getting also getting infracted.
Darn, I had a good response in mind too.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
EDIT: Though I don't see any reason to believe this leak, especially since it seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth, the only ATs it can logically be at this point are:
Barbara the Bat
Isaac
Saki
Samurai Goroh
Tingle
It won't be Tingle, he has a sizeable hatedom that I doubt Sakurai will go against. He'll almost certainly return as an assist though. (or a background stage character)

I really can't imagine F-Zero getting a second rep (considering how poorly Nintendo has treated the series as of late) especially one that just seems to wave a sword around.

Isaac vs Saki

That's what I'm thinking. Barbara and Ray are hard to judge, I wouldn't count them out completely.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I don't believe that leak for a second as the only "iffy" characters were Wii Fit Trainer and Villager, but many people who aren't that into Smash like most of us are expected the Villager. So really the only one that can be considered "off" was the Wii Fit Trainer.
I don't think the LPM leak is really plausible at all (I don't believe it's real, or, the rest of it) because of the fact that he likely got the info a day or two before and likely included those other three to throw people off. He was likely either tipped off or he found the hidden URLs of the WFT, Megaman and Initial Reveal Trailer videos or the ND stream for that day. It's entirely possible.

And like stated before, if you looked at how well the Wii Fit franchise sold, it was actually a pretty plausible concept. We just thought the Wii series as a whole would have been represented by the Mii.
Like I've said before, the Mii is actually in Nintendo's middle field. It represents their attempts at a community as a whole by merging both the hardcore and casual Nintendo market.
Wii Fit is as left field as Zelda is right field; a game that very little casual and relaxed gamers play because it emphasizes actions and puzzles is the complete opposite of something like Wii Fit.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
How about we check on the leaks that support each other? (That dont contradict with info) Maybe itll help a bit

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Since when has being female help a character's chances at all? I see this quite a bit. Is there a quote somewhere supporting this?

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Since when has being female help a character's chances at all? I see this quite a bit. Is there a quote somewhere supporting this?
It's just that the lack of female characters was very obvious and brawl and people have noted that Sakurai must have noticed this lack of females in his quote "It's nice to see so many females this time around". Not necessarily supporting it, but it shows he noticed that brawl was lack luster in terms of playable females.

How about we check on the leaks that support each other? (That dont contradict with info) Maybe itll help a bit
A lot of them don't agree with each other, give different information, or don't give enough to the point it's hard to find similarities. Though I guess some of them could "live" together.

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
It's just that the lack of female characters was very obvious and brawl and people have noted that Sakurai must have noticed this lack of females in his quote "It's nice to see so many females this time around". Not necessarily supporting it, but it shows he noticed that brawl was lack luster in terms of playable females.
Ehhh those aren't really good reasons to make a character, and by extension a leak more believable. Sounds more like a wish being used to justify adding more credibility. I think the game could use some more villain and female representation though.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Ehhh those aren't really good reasons to make a character, and by extension a leak more believable. Sounds more like a wish being used to justify adding more credibility. I think the game could use some more villain and female representation though.
I agree, but it's quite possible Sakurai might actually be trying to pander to the fanbase, with Little Mac getting in, faster gameplay, balancing, etc. I don't believe the Palutena being an AT leak at all, even if it does match up with the original picture leaking on a 3DS with Mario (being one of the few characters), since there are only two people (both of them possibly being the same guy) who were accountable for it.

But who knows, Little Mac was an AT in brawl, and Ridley has been passed up twice already. If Sakurai can't include a character as playable, he'd make them an assist/stage hazard/boss. So in a sense, I don't think her being an AT is out of the question in regards to the leak(s).

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Problem is that I don't see much leaks that connect very well because most of them are the safe ones and they could connect to anything, the only leaks I can think of in my mind are Mjardo leak and the that other leak with the Eevee Trainer, but the Trainer's Pokemon is flawed, one has Glaceon, the other has Vaporeon with their other Pokemon being Slveon and Leafeon.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Someone should make a tree. A leak tree. With the names of leaks all pointing in different tree families. That'd be pretty cool. Like linking all of them together. We should see how many leaks at least try to piggy back on the Palutena leak.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Mother of god....

Yeah man Goombario confirmed too cause he's a Goomba BUT WITH A HAT
I laughed so hard omg, props to you.

Btw, I don't think Ridley will be revealed because he was hinted at (no doubt). He'll probably be a secret character.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Someone should make a tree. A leak tree. With the names of leaks all pointing in different tree families. That'd be pretty cool. Like linking all of them together. We should see how many leaks at least try to piggy back on the Palutena leak.
I agree with this :D

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't see why knuckle joe can' t considered, sakurai has made mention to kirby right back atcha numerous times. Although bandana dee is more likely, so why don't rumours include him more? Anyway as for assist trophys being playable i only see issac being playable.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I don't see why knuckle joe can' t considered, sakurai has made mention to kirby right back atcha numerous times. Although bandana dee is more likely, so why don't rumours include him more? Anyway as for assist trophys being playable i only see issac being playable.
Fake leaks don't include Knuckle Joe because the entire point of them is to be taken seriously.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Fake leaks don't include Knuckle Joe because the entire point of them is to be taken seriously.
Better question is why people make fake leaks and make them to be serious. It's easy to tell the simple leaks apart by classes or basic details:
-We've got your dream leaks, which are explosively large and feature characters with no real shot, even by Sakurai standards.
-There's the obvious point leaks, where people guess really safely and the roster is ending up being every safe option. Kind of not like Sakurai as well due to his nature on doing stuff where little people expect it (IE: Rosetta).
-We've got your stupidly exacting detail leaks, which attempt to guess everything from exact dates to playstyles.
-Then there's the bogus leaks, where people make them to pass the time.
-Then there's the un-Sakurai leaks, where the character selection is heavily imbalanced. Similar to dream leaks.
-You can't forget the leaks that go cut happy, even where it makes no sense. IE: Cutting shoo-in characters like Yoshi (No, seriously, I saw a leak that said Yoshi was cut)
-May think of more, but there's a serious formula to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom