• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
I find it funny when people say some leaks are too "safe", when they basically list characters which people want the most. So it's impossible that Sakurai actually includes wanted characters? Or there always has to be a wild card? I'd say these "safe" leaks and rumours are the best ones because they have wanted characters. Of course it's good to be skeptical and none of these seem to be true anyway (bar the Palutena one maybe), I just find this approach funny. It's just overanalyzing: either the leaks are too safe or then they're not safe but then considered "definitely fake". But that's what keeps the speculation and discussion running I guess.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
In all my years of gaming, in all my years of seeing leaked rosters for fighting games. I can safely say that no correct roster has been 100 percent safe with no curveballs. There's always characters in the rosters that causes fan uproar.

Happened with Brawl, happened with all versions of Street Fighter 4, happened with both versions of MvC3, it will happen with Wii U/3DS. I'm even more sure of this when curveball (but since accepted) inclusions like Wii Fit and Rosalina are already revealed.

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
Can I just say the one thing about that whole roster leak that is really making it shoot itself in the foot isn't dixie/diddy (although that does load the chamber)...
It's that "Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume." Am I the only one who finds that to be really far fetched? I dunno, it just doesn't seem like a detail Sakurai and the team would put into a COSTUME, seeing as it would take all sorts of extra effort for something so asinine. I could see them changing something like the texture to a move for a costume change, but not whole animations and hitboxes.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't think of it even in that way.

I basically see that leak and think the leaker basically had a ''And they'd totally change this because otherwise it'd have to be a no homo moment!"

And yeah no. I really don't think the Sakurai nor the Japanese culture if another man is throwing his butt into someone enough to change a move over it.

Plus like you said all the technical jargon of it all.

Still read as a ''no homo" situation to me. ''Sexy if she does it. Weird if the guy version does it."

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Can I just say the one thing about that whole roster leak that is really making it shoot itself in the foot isn't dixie/diddy (although that does load the chamber)...
It's that "Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume." Am I the only one who finds that to be really far fetched? I dunno, it just doesn't seem like a detail Sakurai and the team would put into a COSTUME, seeing as it would take all sorts of extra effort for something so asinine. I could see them changing something like the texture to a move for a costume change, but not whole animations and hitboxes.
Actually, it's flat out impossible to implement for a costume unless they give them a unique animation set, which isn't something they've ever done with a costume before. The leak was dead to me the moment I read that.

Tell me, right now, HOW it is obvious?

Lol are you kidding me with calling transformations a gimmick? Holy crap.

I can't take this post seriously, therefore your posts will never be taken seriously by me now.
The Diddy/Dixie duo idea focused around being able to tag each other in at any time, while the inactive monkey would move to the background to let the active monkey take action. That's how it works in Donkey Kong Country. Dixie is no where in sight, and she isn't just going to jump down from nowhere to take the lead. Furthermore, Sakurai and company has already used resources on making a reveal for Diddy, and it didn't include Dixie, Sakurai wouldn't waste resources just to troll, he's not that stupid. To top it all off, why wouldn't they reveal Dixie too to super advertise Tropical Freeze? Not even Nintendo would be stupid enough to miss such a golden advertising opportunity. And yes, transformations are a gimmick for characters, it's what make them stand out.

The Diddy/Dixie duo is disproved, no matter how much you want to cling to the idea. Thus, the rumors with it are also dead, and it's basically shooting yourself in the foot to include it in any rumor from here on out.

Last edited:

IonProductionz

Smash Cadet
Wasn't the Nintendo Direct on February 13th for games that were supposed to be released in the spring? At least that's what Nintendo had said.

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
On the subject of fingers, The Palutena leak's fingers all look individually modeled as seen here

Whereas the assist trophies, all in the graphically superior WiiU version I may add, all have fused fingers

This means one of three things

1. It's real and Palutena is a character
2. It's a fake that's even better than the actual game models
3. She's an assist trophy and Sakurai insisted that they fully model her hands.
What about:
1. It's fake and the faker tried to make her look like a character?
2. Wii U assist trophies are low poly to support 4 full characters + effects + stages + one assist trophy. (Multi man has 5-6 low poly AIs).
3. Or... it's fake.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nintendo is turning off Wii servers to push Smash/MKW players along to Wii U and SSB4/MK8. It's definitely a bit too soon for Wii games at least, but desperate times I guess. Though since Wii servers used Gamespy and those servers were bought by GLU Mobile, they might be the ones holding Nintendo hostage here.

Shop Channels and Movie/TV apps are unaffected though.

I think the Palutena leak spoiled people. It was such a groundbreaking moment for the game's hype but in the long run it hurts more.
I wonder if it means people who still have Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and Black/White/Black2/White2 will now be unable to trade with each other and unable to trade with people who have X/Y...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What about:
1. It's fake and the faker tried to make her look like a character?
2. Wii U assist trophies are low poly to support 4 full characters + effects + stages + one assist trophy. (Multi man has 5-6 low poly AIs).
3. Or... it's fake.
You just sated my point 2. about 3 times. You think your first post in an age would be a little more constructive.

I wonder if/when we'll see a 3DS Assist trophy so we can get an idea of how they look.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
You know.....
Since today was the last PotD for February, and "Ms. Tetris" wasn't revealed,

We can now watch the GaoezHero leak burn.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I wonder if it means people who still have Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and Black/White/Black2/White2 will now be unable to trade with each other and unable to trade with people who have X/Y...
That is partially correct, Gen IV and V online will be shut down. But Poke Transporter will still work as it goes to a different network.
You know.....
Since today was the last PotD for February, and "Ms. Tetris" wasn't revealed,
We can now watch the GaoezHero leak burn.
Indeed. Better question, why did he even think of putting down "Ms. Tetris"?! That makes barely any sense! And why 3 reveals and 2 newcomers in one month? Seems like a joke to me.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Indeed. Better question, why did he even think of putting down "Ms. Tetris"?! That makes barely any sense! And why 3 reveals and 2 newcomers in one month? Seems like a joke to me.
Sounds more like a wish than a leak...

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I still say that leaks with Dixie tagging Diddy isn't actually dead yet. Just like they didn't reveal half of Zelda/Samus (Sheik/ZSS), they can easily have hidden her for now.
Plus, nothing says she would have to be on screen together with Diddy all the time. The 3DS version apparantly caused Olimar to only have Three Pikmin, so Dixie not being at the same time as Diddy would make sense. I can easily see Dixie jump onto the battle field (from the forground), high-five Diddy, and take his Place.

Now, I do NOT say that this is how it will be, as I don't expect Dixie to be with Diddy, but it is certanly not impossible, especially not since Sakurai was at some Point gonna do this in Brawl.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I still say that leaks with Dixie tagging Diddy isn't actually dead yet. Just like they didn't reveal half of Zelda/Samus (Sheik/ZSS), they can easily have hidden her for now.
Plus, nothing says she would have to be on screen together with Diddy all the time. The 3DS version apparantly caused Olimar to only have Three Pikmin, so Dixie not being at the same time as Diddy would make sense. I can easily see Dixie jump onto the battle field (from the forground), high-five Diddy, and take his Place.

Now, I do NOT say that this is how it will be, as I don't expect Dixie to be with Diddy, but it is certanly not impossible, especially not since Sakurai was at some Point gonna do this in Brawl.
Please read again this post from Wariofan1:

The Diddy/Dixie duo idea focused around being able to tag each other in at any time, while the inactive monkey would move to the background to let the active monkey take action. That's how it works in Donkey Kong Country. Dixie is no where in sight, and she isn't just going to jump down from nowhere to take the lead. Furthermore, Sakurai and company has already used resources on making a reveal for Diddy, and it didn't include Dixie, Sakurai wouldn't waste resources just to troll, he's not that stupid. To top it all off, why wouldn't they reveal Dixie too to super advertise Tropical Freeze? Not even Nintendo would be stupid enough to miss such a golden advertising opportunity. And yes, transformations are a gimmick for characters, it's what make them stand out.

The Diddy/Dixie duo is disproved, no matter how much you want to cling to the idea. Thus, the rumors with it are also dead, and it's basically shooting yourself in the foot to include it in any rumor from here on ou

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ms. Tetris? Really? And people actually believed that? That a character who doesn't even exist would get in Smash? A third-party one, no less.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Please read again this post from Wariofan1:
I read that, but that doesn't change my opinion at all. ^^

Also, it wouldn't be 'trolling', since Dixie would probably be pretty much a new character. Saving her for a future reveal gives them more big things to spread out.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Where was that one leak in which G&W was going to be revealed on February. :p
I think it's dead too.
I think it said that G&W was the next character to be revealed after Diddy, so it's probably still running. Not for long though.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
IMO, the next veteran revealed is probably gonna be Yoshi... Yoshi's New Island comes out on March 14, 2014... that's a Friday.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If only that baby mario and luigi leak was true. They would make great additions and be a cool ice climber like character. They could have such a creative moveset to.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I wish we knew if the Palutena leaker said if she was an assist trophy or not. Then we would know if it was fake. Obviously with the evidence we have now the leak is not of her as an assist trophy. We only knew of two assist trophies at the time. If the leaker said she was an assist trophy then we would know its fake since all assist trophies have glued fingers. But if he said she was a character then we would still be where we are at now. But since we don't know then we don't know.

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
I want other rumors/leaks .... can someone look for them on some websites like gamefaqs 4chan or noseeker ?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I wish we knew if the Palutena leaker said if she was an assist trophy or not. Then we would know if it was fake. Obviously with the evidence we have now the leak is not of her as an assist trophy. We only knew of two assist trophies at the time. If the leaker said she was an assist trophy then we would know its fake since all assist trophies have glued fingers. But if he said she was a character then we would still be where we are at now. But since we don't know then we don't know.
Well, the one that posted the Palutena leak didn't say anything about it. The one that said it was a Assist was someone that joked (we know that since that person even said so here). ^^

Still 100% sure this Palutena leak is real~

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
In all my years of gaming, in all my years of seeing leaked rosters for fighting games. I can safely say that no correct roster has been 100 percent safe with no curveballs. There's always characters in the rosters that causes fan uproar.

Happened with Brawl, happened with all versions of Street Fighter 4, happened with both versions of MvC3, it will happen with Wii U/3DS. I'm even more sure of this when curveball (but since accepted) inclusions like Wii Fit and Rosalina are already revealed.
Pretty much. You can tell when a leak is fake when everybody's fine with it. As soon as you see a leak with only 39 characters where Ganondorf is replaced with Demise, who is a Captain Falcon clone, you just know it's gotta be real.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Tetris is kind of weird. You've had Tetris songs in Smash already, despite the fact Tetris is not a Nintendo IP anymore. Did Nintendo have right to those songs, or were they licensed? Tetris is in a tough spot because it's a very iconic Nintendo game/series that isn't even a Nintendo first party IP anymore.

A character doesn't make sense, but I'm sure a Tetris stage could have been awesome. But again, they'd have to license a Tetris stage...but they licensed the songs and not a stage or trophy or anything? It's confusing.

Anyways, that character was never going to happen but it was interesting in a "WTF, that makes sense..." way.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Can't seem to find the G&W revealed in February leak. :/
Oh yeah, Ms. Tetris is not referring to Lip. :p
I think it was the soundguy leak. He said G&W would be revealed next after Diddy.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure only a select few people actually know when characters are going to be revealed. Any leak claiming "character x is next to be revealed" is autofake in my book.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If they actually know what veteran will be revealed, and it's an unexpected veteran, we may have to look into it. It's not automatically fake if "character x is next to be revealed"

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mr. G&W didn't exist before Smash, just the G&W handheld.
Yes, but at least Mr. Game & Watch's appearance is based off actual Game & Watch sprites...

Ms. Tetris... what is she supposed to look like? A woman from the Tetris world in the Captain N cartoon or what?

Jigglypuff & Luma

Smash Cadet
Ever since melee there seemed to be a new character who is a game console (Mr. G&W, R.O.B) from the retro of Nintendo. Who do you think is coming this time.

splat

Smash Lord
With all these crazy rumors making up characters based on Nintendo's past (Ms. Tetris, Hanafuda, Diskun) I'm really surprised there hasn't been a rumor mentioning the Game Boy.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ever since melee there seemed to be a new character who is a game console (Mr. G&W, R.O.B) from the retro of Nintendo. Who do you think is coming this time.
1) Off topic
2) I don't see this idea being a trend for the Smash series.
3) Besides, I can't think of anything that's greater or equal in recognition/popularity compared to R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom