• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I feel we'll get someone in April too but it's not the thread for that.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So we'll just have to wait and see if Yoshi/Wario is revealed next. It was pretty obvious Diddy was going to be revealed though.
I am highly skeptical because he's trying to cover his bases here. Rather than going all in on one specific character being shown, he's trying to cast a wider net so as to keep his "leak" alive for longer. Learning from the mistakes of his predecessors, if you will.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
While Lucario was revealed on Brawl's anniversary, it's also highly likely the Pokemon Co. had requested a Pokemon reveal around Bank's launch, Lucario worked to tie into both

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't put too much stock in that. Remember when Halibuton predicted "a new Donkey Kong Country being on the horizon?"
Admittedly yes...

But..

NES Remix isn't a big obvious thing like DKC.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Look at the date.
He said Diddy Kong will be revealed next.
...The next reveal was Little Mac.
For all we know, he could've meant "next veteran". He did say his source wasn't allowed to talk about newcomers, after all. Granted, that's not really an excuse, but food for thought.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I honestly have no problems with this leak. It kinda confirms that Palutena is a playable character(though indirectly). Like Swampasaur said they said there would be an NES remix 2. Thats a pretty hard guess. I think we will know if there is a new game and watch collection revealed.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Like Swampasaur said they said there would be an NES remix 2. Thats a pretty hard guess.
Yeah. It's not like people were up in arms demanding a sequel for that, after all.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
For all we know, he could've meant "next veteran". He did say his source wasn't allowed to talk about newcomers, after all. Granted, that's not really an excuse, but food for thought.
He also said he only knew about veterans...
True.
There's still doubt in my mind.

But, if this is legit...
threedualscreen said:
A new Game and Watch Collection is on the horizon. Mr. Game and Watch will be announced at the same time.
DON'T LET ME DOWN!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
It's not. Perhaps I could have worded that better.
Nah s'cool bro;)

Man those Gamefaqs guys were jerks to this leaker. No wonder he didn't want to post anything after. Jeez. If they were nice to him they could've gotten a little more info.

Last edited:

Artiferox

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aethelberto
3DS FC
2234-7547-5200
What are you talking about guys? There are like 2 new leaks on gamefaqs.

EDIT: Or is there a way to know which ones are fake? Because I wouldn't be surprised there isn't at least one new rumor popping up every hour on that site.

Last edited:

odie-itachi

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-0156-3436
But i don't think either of them is substantial- i think they were educated guesses that happened to be correct.
I know, but there were leaks that claimed waluigi was playable, and still there are no other mistakes yet in the leak

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
You guys fail to notice that he says Diddy would be next (written February 3rd) and Little Mac come first.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68684486
Greetings
I have new information about the Super Smash Bros. 4
Some Trophy assist from Super Smash Bros. X were considered as a player fighter but only two made the cut.
Another Mario character that is going to be a unlock exists .
There is no more characters of Zelda more than this, but Tingle is still assist trophy .
Ridley can be playable. The character was difficult to design a movement of his.
Palutena is playable with a movement counter that looks like a force field to shoot a beam of when hit.
Changes made to the Meta Knight and Wolf. They are very different now.
No Characters were cut from Super Smash Brothers X
Currently , there are 2 final smash of characters, they are trigger when they are in high damage .
Costume has been prepared for certain characters .
5 stage of Super Smash Bros. X and 5 stage of Super Smash Bros. DX come back .
In stage Builder, you have a number of options , such as to change the texture .
Downloadable content of user -made , is working on stage Builder.
There is Gurima assist trophy , and works as Andorf in the background .
Revealed before E3 2 newcomers , many veterans are expected up to two veteran per month .
The main theme , it is also included in the trailer of E3, not much music was composed for these games . Trailer of E3 , revealing 2 new character .
The rest of newcomers are not to be revealed until after the launch .
As I can clearly not get into trouble , that it 's all.

Edit: It doesn't sound like this "leaker" is an English speaker. Or that he has used a translator of some sort.

You guys fail to notice that he says Diddy would be next (written February 3rd) and Little Mac come first.
He said he only knew about Veterans.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Eh more gamefaqs "leaks". Ha
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68684670
Hello, I created this thread to share with you information I had about the new Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS. I don't work in the company but I know people who participate in the game development process. Anyway, I would like to tell you what I heard.

Dixie Kong is a newcomer. Unlike Diddy Kong, Dixie implements a moveset based on aerial grabs and excellent mobility. Similarly to Peach, Dixie Kong has the ability to hover in the air.

Another newcomer that is on development is Klonoa. Unlike what we are used to see, Klonoa is a character who gets kills pushing his enemies out of the arena using a wind mechanics based on his ring. Apparently programmers are having problems with this new mechanics.

And that's all. I really don't know if Dixie is the last DK rep or if Klonoa is the last 3th party character. This is all I know.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Klonoa? Well I think we're done here.

Also, at the other leak: ROB getting cut? No way man, no way.

Do people not understand why ROB is there or something? So stupid.

Last edited:

Artiferox

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aethelberto
3DS FC
2234-7547-5200
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68684486
Greetings
I have new information about the Super Smash Bros. 4
Some Trophy assist from Super Smash Bros. X were considered as a player fighter but only two made the cut.
Another Mario character that is going to be a unlock exists .
There is no more characters of Zelda more than this, but Tingle is still assist trophy .
Ridley can be playable. The character was difficult to design a movement of his.
Palutena is playable with a movement counter that looks like a force field to shoot a beam of when hit.
Changes made to the Meta Knight and Wolf. They are very different now.
No Characters were cut from Super Smash Brothers X
Currently , there are 2 final smash of characters, they are trigger when they are in high damage .
Costume has been prepared for certain characters .
5 stage of Super Smash Bros. X and 5 stage of Super Smash Bros. DX come back .
In stage Builder, you have a number of options , such as to change the texture .
Downloadable content of user -made , is working on stage Builder.
There is Gurima assist trophy , and works as Andorf in the background .
Revealed before E3 2 newcomers , many veterans are expected up to two veteran per month .
The main theme , it is also included in the trailer of E3, not much music was composed for these games . Trailer of E3 , revealing 2 new character .
The rest of newcomers are not to be revealed until after the launch .
As I can clearly not get into trouble , that it 's all.

Edit: It doesn't sound like this "leaker" is an English speaker. Or that he has used a translator of some sort.

He said he only knew about Veterans.
I saw this one and the Klonoa one on gamefaqs. This one seems to be more interesting.
Does any other leak mention the thing about characters having more than one Final Smash? Because it sounds too good to be true.
They also seem to mention something about user-made downloadable content being worked on for Stage Builder, but I'm not sure. Their english is BAD.
Is Gurima supposed to be Grima from FE:A? And who the heck is Andorf? Did they mean Ganondorf?
And a bunch of talk about an E3 trailer. I doubt the developers are working on an E3 trailer this early.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
It could've been broken on purpose.
It's possible. CAW Evolution pointed out that if he was an actual translating it, it would have came out to be Assist Stand or something like that. Which makes sense. Though the idea of two final smashes depending on damage sounds interesting. I'm still waiting for the game to reveal it's shock factor, that every smash game has had. It would be neat if that was it. (Brawl had final smashes, Melee had new modes, characters, etc, maybe Smash 4 is balance/uniqueness).

I saw this one and the Klonoa one on gamefaqs. This one seems to be more interesting.
Does any other leak mention the thing about characters having more than one Final Smash? Because it sounds too good to be true.
They also seem to mention something about user-made downloadable content being worked on for Stage Builder, but I'm not sure. Their english is BAD.
Is Gurima supposed to be Grima from FE:A? And who the heck is Andorf? Did they mean Ganondorf?
And a bunch of talk about an E3 trailer. I doubt the developers are working on an E3 trailer this early.
Andorf as in Andross. It sounds like the guy is either mimicking broken English from Japanese or actually is Japanese.

Last edited:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
If he was Japanese, Grima would of been actually Grimure. Gurima is not the Japanese name.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It doesn't seem too sketchy in my opinion. Who knows what they're doing about a trailer. E3 is just about 3 months away, I'm sure they're at least partially working on it by now.

Of course, that doesn't mean it's in any way legit. We know how these things are. Also, I'm pretty sure you're right, and "Gurima" is Grima, but as for Andorf...is that maybe Andross? He did fly into the background before.

I didn't expect that one to go anywhere anyway, but yeah.

If he was Japanese, Grima would of been actually Grimure. Gurima is not the Japanese name.
Well, that pretty much puts a nail in the coffin then.

Last edited:

Aggressive Sock

Smash Rookie
Personally, I wouldn't put too much credit into predicting NES Remix 2. That's not that out of left field. Besides, the whole idea of proposing a leak, is to make some guesses that are logical in hopes you end up being right so people believe you. NES Remix 2 was a safe bet.

Maybe he's legit, maybe not, but I wouldn't live or die by that prediction alone.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
I'm skeptical of any rumor that cuts ROB. He is the Mr. Game & Watch of Brawl. I can't see him not returning.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Personally, I wouldn't put too much credit into predicting NES Remix 2. That's not that out of left field. Besides, the whole idea of proposing a leak, is to make some guesses that are logical in hopes you end up being right so people believe you. NES Remix 2 was a safe bet.

Maybe he's legit, maybe not, but I wouldn't live or die by that prediction alone.
I saw NES Remix as being something that just got sequels because it felt really easy and quick to make. So that whole prediction of NES Remix 2 doesn't change my opinion on that leak.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Quoting the leak that predicted NES Remix 2 word for word:

Hello, I have a very close friend who works for Nintendo, I of course get information on the next Smash Bros from him. However He is not allowed to discuss information on Newcomers as after the Paletuena leak Mr. Sakurai has made everyone keep thier mouth shut. He has however disclosed info on some returning Veterans. I'm only gonna make one post on this and never post here again so read closely.....

Lucas is not getting cut.

Pokemon Trainer returns, He's not sure if he'll get new pokemon.

Mewtwo returns along with Jigglypuff

There will be no new Pokemon reps unless PT has new pokemon.

Wolf can't be cut as he is tho only well-known as appropriate Star Fox Villian.

Diddy Kong will be revealed next. Yoshi or Wario will be revealed as the next Veteran following Diddy Kong. My friend is not allowed to talk about Newcomer reveals.

Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff and Wolf will have character pages post-launch

Meta Knight will be revealed in the summer when triple deluxe releases in other countries.

A new Game and Watch Collection is on the horizon. Mr. Game and Watch will be announced at the same time.

A major update or sequel to NES Remix will happen later this year, Ice Climbers will be shown off

Shiek and/or Ganondorf will be revealed on the release of Hyrule Warriors.

Lucario was revealed to celebrate the relaunch of Pokemon Bank

R.O.B and Snake are the only ones cut

Dr. Mario is an Alt

Pichu is a trophy

Sakurai is considering adding R.O.B and Roy as Dlc , but as they stated, there are no plans for DLC at this time.
I'm going to keep an eye on this one.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Klonoa? Well I think we're done here.

Also, at the other leak: ROB getting cut? No way man, no way.

Do people not understand why ROB is there or something? So stupid.
This, don't buy it. I like the idea of 2 final smashes though.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
From that leak/rumor I've made a list according to the rumor so:
March: Yoshi or Wario
April: Ice Climbers (and maybe a newcomer from our theories of directs)
May: Meta knight
June: (probably veteran or newcomer)

these are guesses from here on:

July: Ganondorf or shiek
August: Game release and C.Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff
September: Mr. Game & Watch

Wolf,Lucas,Mewtwo and Pokemon trainer don't have release dates so I cant really give prediction to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom