• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97190399&postcount=7815

So this post was made on (01-15-2014, 02:22 PM) and a few things have checked out since then...

- Lucario is a playable character

- Little mac is a playable character ("He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii")

- Diddy kong is a playable character

- Diddy kongs bananas have returned

- Waluigi Remains an Assist Trophy

This seems pretty legit so far what do you think?

So this is what the roster would look like:

1. Diddy Kong/ Dixie Kong
2. Lucario
3. King DeDeDe
4. Little Mac
5. Zelda/Shiek
6. Marth
7. Sonic
8. Rosalina & luma
9. Toon Link
10. Peach
11. Luigi
12. Pikmin & Olimar
13. Mario
14. Donkey Kong
15. Villager
16. Mega Man
17. Wii Fit Trainer
18. Link
19. Samus
20. Kirby
21. Fox
22. Pikachu
23. Bowser
24. Pit
25. Ridley
26. Wolf
27. Yoshi
28. Wario
29. Palutena
30. Pokemon trainer
31. Mewtwo
32. Jiggly Puff
33. Meta Knight
34. Lucas
35. Ness
36. Mr. Game & Watch
37. R.O.B.
38. Ice Climbers
39. Snake
40. Pac-Man
41. King K. Rool
42. Ganondorf
43. Chrom
44. Ike
45. Captain Falcon
45. (?) Zelda Character
Wait... Falco is the only one cut?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't know why people think Chrom & Lucina or Diddy & Dixie would ever happen. Sakurai said they had trouble getting Ice Climbers to work. Why would they make more than one character like that.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I looked in the link and Falco is there.
"Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone."
Yes... but the list did not have Falco. I searched through all 45 characters on that list and Falco is not there.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
A little theory:

Nintendo is killing both MKWii and Brawl online services in May.

Which means SSB4 will be released a month or two after MK8?

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Yeah i dont think it diminishes their chances as a whole since its definitely possible, but diddy coul have easily appeared in january if they had that planned with him in said trailer. For me personally, i dont think there will be any DK newcomers as much as many dont want to hear that.
I also believe there could be no DK newcomer and I'm actually fine with that, but almost every leak says there is one.
Although I'm more inclined to believe the leaks that only show some information and not the whole roster like in the brawl days.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Yes... but the list did not have Falco. I searched through all 45 characters on that list and Falco is not there.
Possibly forgot to put him on the list, but I thought you meant that the leak claimed Falco was cut.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
Wait... Falco is the only one cut?
going over the link, the bit about the bananas was commentary by whoever was passing it on (commenting on the proposition of a tom nook assist trophy) , the leaker themselves claimed that dixie was paired with diddy.
(Edit) I think the leak can also be found in Neon's post on the first page (multiple edits), it looks like the translator leak.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, regardless... I still don't like it... 45 characters... no cuts plus Mewtwo... only 9 newcomers... and we have 5 newcomers already confirmed... who are the 4 unconfirmed newcomers? Palutena, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Pac-Man... that's it? Too safe if you ask me.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
A little theory:

Nintendo is killing both MKWii and Brawl online services are getting killed in May.

I think that's the case; the Wii U isn't doing so well obviously, and Nintendo did say that titles like Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. would be the main selling points of the Wii U. That being said, the Smash team might be aiming to release Smash Bros. Wii U or 3DS very soon.

I think that's the case; the Wii U isn't doing so well obviously, and Nintendo did say that titles like Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. would be the main selling points of the Wii U. That being said, the Smash team might be aiming to release Smash Bros. Wii U or 3DS very soon.
That being said, we may get a slew of veterans/newcomers soon, and get a release date at possibly E3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
IMO, I think that they would try and spread out the releases. A big release for the Spring(Mario Kart 8) and a big release for the Fall or Winter(Smash). I can't believe I started to believe that leaked release date. :facepalm:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
IMO, I think that they would try and spread out the releases. A big release for the Spring(Mario Kart 8) and a big release for the Fall or Winter(Smash). I can't believe I started to believe that leaked release date. :facepalm:
They released Brawl in March and MKWii in April.

I think it'll be relatively the same scenario this time too.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
They released Brawl in March and MKWii in April.

I think it'll be relatively the same scenario this time too.
So, by that logic, We'll see Sm4sh in April.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'm definitely expecting a release date reveal at E3.
When I find this in a leak, it just feels too safe of a leak. Honestly, it seems like the most obvious time to reveal it.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
If you are talking about the Diddy & Dixie team, it was de-confirmed due to Diddy being revealed by himself, and Dixie NOT being revealed on direct that was near the only day that is a special occasion related to her (TF's release date).
So you're saying that Shiek isn't in it because she wasn't shown off in Zelda's reveal (it's the same unsound logic at this point... we simply don't know :S )

I don't know why people think Chrom & Lucina or Diddy & Dixie would ever happen. Sakurai said they had trouble getting Ice Climbers to work. Why would they make more than one character like that.
Sakurai said they WERE having trouble initially with them, Rosalina/Luma does kinda imply that trouble has been overcome tbh

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think the 3ds version will come out like 6 months after the wii u version. If they came out at the same time it would hurt the wii u versions sales.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
I like the way you think. Hopefully this is true.
Yea I can see a BIG trailer (including details on the rest of the game (modes, customistation, 3DS WiiU linking benefits) at E3 followed by a late July launch for Smash WiiU followed by the 3DS version in November/December

I think the 3ds version will come out like 6 months after the wii u version. If they came out at the same time it would hurt the wii u versions sales.
Yep agreed on that

Well, regardless... I still don't like it... 45 characters... no cuts plus Mewtwo... only 9 newcomers... and we have 5 newcomers already confirmed... who are the 4 unconfirmed newcomers? Palutena, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Pac-Man... that's it? Too safe if you ask me.
speaking of confirmations.... any rumours connecting a Pokemon reveal to coincide with the anniversary of Red/Green? seems later would be the only truly sensible time to confirm Jiggs if she's not gonna be kept hidden until launch again

going over the link, the bit about the bananas was commentary by whoever was passing it on (commenting on the proposition of a tom nook assist trophy) , the leaker themselves claimed that dixie was paired with diddy.
(Edit) I think the leak can also be found in Neon's post on the first page (multiple edits), it looks like the translator leak.
I'm still betting on Dixie simply being a gender-swap for Diddy (different model and animations akin to MaleFit and the assumed fem-Marth skin)
Sakurai seemed pleased to be able to make more female bros for this iteration and I'd not be surprised if this was bolstered by any options that make sense (even down to a Peach option for her Toad being a Toadette or Toadsworth)
Not meaning to go off-topic I guess just suggesting that Dixie 'leaks' may end up being right in that she's playable on a technicality

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
A little theory:

Nintendo is killing both MKWii and Brawl online services in May.

Does this mean Wii owners will no longer be able to access the Wii Shop Channel? If that's the case, then the Wii owners better hurry and purchase/download those Virtual Console games that aren't available on Wii U eShop yet.

I already downloaded over 140 Virtual Console games... though I have not moved them to the Wii U yet... still, I am good to go... gotta love playing those classic SNES and Genesis games and the occasional Neo Geo games (whenever I want my fighting genre fix) with the Classic Controllers... I also have the Donkey Kong Country trilogy before they were removed from the Wii Shop Channel. :awesome:

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
Any leaks with a release date? Could be killed off with a release announcement.

I'd like to mention a release date at e3 sounds too late since it would be only a month after most likely. I'd say an April direct confirm and release late June early July. I could be hoping too much though.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Does this mean Wii owners will no longer be able to access the Wii Shop Channel? If that's the case, then the Wii owners better hurry and purchase/download those Virtual Console games that aren't available on Wii U eShop yet.

I already downloaded over 140 Virtual Console games... though I have not moved them to the Wii U yet... still, I am good to go... gotta love playing those classic SNES and Genesis games and the occasional Neo Geo games (whenever I want my fighting genre fix) with the Classic Controllers... I also have the Donkey Kong Country trilogy before they were removed from the Wii Shop Channel. :awesome:
no the wii shop channel is unaffected they told it

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Nintendo is turning off Wii servers to push Smash/MKW players along to Wii U and SSB4/MK8. It's definitely a bit too soon for Wii games at least, but desperate times I guess. Though since Wii servers used Gamespy and those servers were bought by GLU Mobile, they might be the ones holding Nintendo hostage here.

Shop Channels and Movie/TV apps are unaffected though.

I think the Palutena leak spoiled people. It was such a groundbreaking moment for the game's hype but in the long run it hurts more.

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
Seriously broskis, the Diddy/Dixie tag team has been debunked for weeks and you are all hellbent on believing it still lol. It is pretty obvious that the Diddy is by himself. That's a good thing if you ask me. Why waste a special move on a transformation gimmick. That **** never worked with Zelda/Sheik. Just keep everybody as there own character cept for the Pokemon Trainer.

D

Deleted member

Seriously broskis, the Diddy/Dixie tag team has been debunked for weeks and you are all hellbent on believing it still lol. It is pretty obvious that the Diddy is by himself. That's a good thing if you ask me. Why waste a special move on a transformation gimmick. That **** never worked with Zelda/Sheik. Just keep everybody as there own character cept for the Pokemon Trainer.
Tell me, right now, HOW it is obvious?

Lol are you kidding me with calling transformations a gimmick? Holy crap.

I can't take this post seriously, therefore your posts will never be taken seriously by me now.

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice

I can't take this post seriously, therefore your posts will never be taken seriously by me now.
Ok buddy (y). Well for one thing, we see the banana peel in one of the Diddy pics. I know people will argue that it could just be the banana item itself but Diddy is pretty much famous for the Down B. Also the transformation is a gimmick. Lets be real, who actually uses both Zelda and Shiek together? Not alot. Either everybody uses Sheik or well doesnt use Zelda cause 2 games in and she still not a good character. I understand what Sakurai tried to do with Zhiek but 2 games in and it hasnt worked out.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Ok buddy (y). Well for one thing, we see the banana peel in one of the Diddy pics. I know people will argue that it could just be the banana item itself but Diddy is pretty much famous for the Down B. Also the transformation is a gimmick. Lets be real, who actually uses both Zelda and Shiek together? Not alot. Either everybody uses Sheik or well doesnt use Zelda cause 2 games in and she still not a good character. I understand what Sakurai tried to do with Zhiek but 2 games in and it hasnt worked out.
Both of you are starting to get into off topic and flaming territory, stop.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer

That being said, we may get a slew of veterans/newcomers soon, and get a release date at possibly E3.
So you're saying that Shiek isn't in it because she wasn't shown off in Zelda's reveal (it's the same unsound logic at this point... we simply don't know :S )

Sakurai said they WERE having trouble initially with them, Rosalina/Luma does kinda imply that trouble has been overcome tbh
Not to be more of a killjoy by following up on Tryhy but use the edit button next time!

I think the Palutena leak spoiled people. It was such a groundbreaking moment for the game's hype but in the long run it hurts more.
Haha yes. It kills hype more than it doing anything good. still can't believe it's pretty much real maybe almost definitely.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
On the subject of fingers, The Palutena leak's fingers all look individually modeled as seen here

Whereas the assist trophies, all in the graphically superior WiiU version I may add, all have fused fingers

This means one of three things

1. It's real and Palutena is a character
2. It's a fake that's even better than the actual game models
3. She's an assist trophy and Sakurai insisted that they fully model her hands.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I can't be sure if that leak is real just yet, but I won't call it fake yet either. Most of my thoughts

She could be a real character that was in development a bit before the so-called leak happened. In other words, say Palutena leak is real; I'd assume that's how she looks in the early beta stages, and not finalized. I could say that the 2nd pic of her is one of those "size comparison" pic tests in-game, while showing off standard animations for her, such as standing or a basic attack. My only concern is that said leaks never appear on the WiiU version.
But who knows? I'm just trying to think of something. But at this point, I just hope she is playable. March is coming up tomorrow, it's a big time for Kid Icarus Uprising after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom