• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hey Chucklehead, re-read what he said, he didn't own up, he said he finally found out he'd been partially suckered with a mixed bag of true and false information.
I know he said that, I was saying that I was glad that he owned up and told everyone that he found out his friend was lying, rather than just not saying anything.
ishouldprobablyrewordthat

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Seriously though, he's gonna pay sorry for putting y'all through that. He did say that quite a few of the characters mentioned are in the actual game (wouldn't give specifics) and one of the stages is real too. (hoping for the Dedede drum stage)
Well, that's interesting. Even if he said most of his info is fake, he's leading us on by saying some of the info is real, but not giving specifics. It makes sense, all things considered. We'll have to keep this dude in the back of our minds.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
CONFIRMED FAKE NEVER TALKING TO HIM AGAIN ERGH OHMIGOD GONNA KILL EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE

Seriously though, he's gonna pay sorry for putting y'all through that. He did say that quite a few of the characters mentioned are in the actual game (wouldn't give specifics) and one of the stages is real too. (hoping for the Dedede drum stage)

I'll get back to you if I get any real info from him, and again sorry for the unneeded hype/arguments.

At least it kept you busy? :coolmonke:
Well you did warn us, and at least he gave you the benefit of sneaking in some characters and stages that are in (well, provided he's not pulling anything again). Until we find out what they are though, hassle him a bit and try to see if he'll crack, or at the very least give him some payback for messing with you. :p

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Reading this topic I discovered that working in Nintendo seems easier than I thought .
Maybe I should send them a curriculum later in life. This way I could leak some Smash5 info for you guys in a few years.

Seriously talking now, where in the world is "ErenJaeger" ? A nice leaker is a leaker that insist in his fakeness until proven.

D

Deleted member

And this is where I lose all patience with a leak.

One cannot claim a bunch of information, then cop up to only some of it being fake and expect to hold any credibility.
If "some" of the information was made up, what's stopping the entire thing from being made up by him as well?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Reading this topic I discovered that working in Nintendo seems easier than I thought .
Maybe I should send them a curriculum later in life. This way I could leak some Smash5 info for you guys in a few years.

Seriously talking now, where in the world is "ErenJaeger" ? A nice leaker is a leaker that insist in his fakeness until proven.
Smash 5? So you mean the 3DS version? ¦D

Sakurai does consider the two games to be the 4th and 5th versions of Smash, after all.

...How many times have I made that retort in the past few days? XD

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
And this is where I lose all patience with a leak.

One cannot claim a bunch of information, then cop up to only some of it being fake and expect to hold any credibility.
If "some" of the information was made up, what's stopping the entire thing from being made up by him as well?
Yeah, and the fact that he did say his friend has a tendency to pull something like this doesn't help his case. It'd be nice if he is telling the truth now, but considering he pulled our legs once, he can easily do it again.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I know he said that, I was saying that I was glad that he owned up and told everyone that he found out his friend was lying, rather than just not saying anything.
ishouldprobablyrewordthat
Ah, if that's what you meant, then yeah, you're right. So should we take apart that leak and snip what's false?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Croco

Smash Lord
Hope this helps for the next Nintendo Direct.. A friend texted me saying little mac was in etc. Before the direct started.

He claimed that this website leaked the entire recent Nintendo direct before it happened..

http://hola-arkansas.com/

If you search for the smash brothers article.. its there. I have not had a chance to post this earlier.. also it oddly will not open properly by phone.

Sorry if this was posted at all before.. but I'll be watching this site if a Nintendo Direct happens again.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Hope this helps for the next Nintendo Direct.. A friend texted me saying little mac was in etc. Before the direct started.

He claimed that this website leaked the entire recent Nintendo direct before it happened..

http://hola-arkansas.com/

If you search for the smash brothers article.. its there. I have not had a chance to post this earlier.. also it oddly will not open properly by phone.

Sorry if this was posted at all before.. but I'll be watching this site if a Nintendo Direct happens again.

It doesn't seem like they "leaked" it. The article even claim the Nintendo Direct had already happened and even links to a place where you can watch the direct itself if you missed it, so it seems like the article was just written after the direct had just happened.

Last edited:

Croco

Smash Lord
It doesn't seem like they "leaked" it. The article even claim the Nintendo Direct had already happened and even links to a place where you can watch the direct itself if you missed it, so it seems like the article was just written after the direct had just happened.
I swear it was posted before. There is a time stamp on my facebook at 4pm est informing me about the leak. I even doubted it when he sent me the message. He found out through someone on the gay 'bear' gamers Facebook page..

Bearfaced GaymerBears

Possible links were added after. Wouldn't lie to anyone here. I'll see if I can gain more evidence. Hell I am admitting how much of a homosexual I am.. lol. If it happens again I will let you know.

P.S. I did hear from a friend from a source that mario sunshine is coming on the 3ds. This might explain why mario still has fludd if it is true.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I swear it was posted before. There is a time stamp on my facebook at 4pm est informing me about the leak. I even doubted it when he sent me the message. He found out through someone on the gay 'bear' gamers Facebook page..

Bearfaced GaymerBears

Possible links were added after. Wouldn't lie to anyone here. I'll see if I can gain more evidence. Hell I am admitting how much of a homosexual I am.. lol. If it happens again I will let you know.

P.S. I did hear from a friend from a source that mario sunshine is coming on the 3ds. This might explain why mario still has fludd if it is true.
Well I mean, I wouldn't know, I just read the article and they seem to use past tense. "On the Nintendo Direct they showed..." instead of "they are going to show".

Anyways if it helps the article itself says February 13th, the Direct started at 2 pm PT, 5 pm ET and ended at 2:45 pm PT, 5:45 pm ET. If there is some way of knowing that the article was written before said specific time stamps then we can know if they did "leak" the information. Still the leak would have come merely hours before the actual direct though and I don't know if at that point its just better to wait for the direct itself xD.

Anyways, keep us updated if it happens again I guess.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Mario Sunshine is getting a remake on 3DS then Bowser Jr could still stand a chance of being in the roster or rather that could help him out in the future. Not that he needs help since like Rosalina since his inception he's become a pretty popular recurring element in the Mario series.

Croco

Smash Lord
Well I mean, I wouldn't know, I just read the article and they seem to use past tense. "On the Nintendo Direct they showed..." instead of "they are going to show".

Anyways if it helps the article itself says February 13th, the Direct started at 2 pm PT, 5 pm ET and ended at 2:45 pm PT, 5:45 pm ET. If there is some way of knowing that the article was written before said specific time stamps then we can know if they did "leak" the information. Still the leak would have come merely hours before the actual direct though and I don't know if at that point its just better to wait for the direct itself xD.

Anyways, keep us updated if it happens again I guess.
I'll look into it after I get home work. I had forgotten to post it after it happened.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
EDIT: Topic - Just realised this is not the social thread.
Yeah, this site recently started running off a new engine. The engine requires less fun in order to work properly, or so it seems. Because SMASH IS SRS BUSINESS!

Especially leaks that are almost all completely lies.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Don't really see why it would be so hard to stay on topic, though, since the things people seems to wanna talk about here already has their own threads, but, what I know.

Not seen any special leaks in some time. Been any recent ones I may have missed?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Haha. Oh gee these leaks:

Not gonna get into how I know. Not gonna break it down any further for you guys. What you see here? What you get. That's all.

Cuts:

Lucas
Snake
Pokemon Trainer

Returning Melee Veteran:

Mewtwo

Newcomers:

Megaman

Wii Fit Trainer

Villager

Rosalina & Luma

Little Mac

Chrom & Lucina (It can be decided who is charge of the battle. They operate unlike any other tag team. A lot of the ideas in their mechanics is based on Sakurai's attempt at Dixie/Diddy last time.)

Kalos Trainer (Chespin, Braixen, Greninja)

Dixie Kong (Fighting style uses her hair, bubble gum and her final Smash apparently has her flying around the stage at high speed. Snatching them up and traveling with them to the edge of the world map.)

Lip (She was the last newcomer added to the game. She was almost an assist trophy and made playable status instead. Quirky moveset potential is the reason for this.)

Charizard (As a solo character. He's had a few moves twerked and added to his playstyle.)

Ridley (Other M Design. Said to be the most powerful heavy hitter in the game.)

Pac Man (Final smash is apparently him swallowing a pellet growing huge and swallowing all fighters in on gulp/bite. Instant K.O. and unavoidable.)

Mii (Moves are passed on Street Pass Titles as well as various Wii titles.)

Palutena (The leak was real and her Wii U Model is even more gorgeous.)

Takamaru (Moves fast on his feet. Uses not only his sword, but throwing stars.

Tom Nook (Operates by using bells as projectiles. Also uses homes and public works projects to do damage to players.)

Summoner (A generic summoner from the Final Fantasy series. She looks somewhat like Rydia in design. Operates similar to Kalos/Pokemon Trainer. Summons Shiva, Chocobo, and Bahamut.)

Geno (Acquired through a deal early in development. Brawl cult status launched him to a priority this go around. Square Enix's terms and conditions were that there be a second and PROPER Square Enix rep. Geno's symbol is Mario's mushroom symbol.)

As you can tell a lot of focus was seemingly put on adding females to the roster of this game. I'm assuming it comes from Sakurai's desire to have more females in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Not gonna get into how I know. Not gonna break it down any further for you guys. What you see here? What you get. That's all.

Cuts:

Lucas
Snake
Pokemon Trainer

Returning Melee Veteran:

Mewtwo

Newcomers:

Megaman

Wii Fit Trainer

Villager

Rosalina & Luma

Little Mac

Chrom & Lucina (It can be decided who is charge of the battle. They operate unlike any other tag team. A lot of the ideas in their mechanics is based on Sakurai's attempt at Dixie/Diddy last time.)

Dixie Kong (Fighting style uses her hair, bubble gum and her final Smash apparently has her flying around the stage at high speed. Snatching them up and traveling with them to the edge of the world map.)

Lip (She was the last newcomer added to the game. She was almost an assist trophy and made playable status instead. Quirky moveset potential is the reason for this.)

Charizard (As a solo character. He's had a few moves twerked and added to his playstyle.)

Pac Man (Final smash is apparently him swallowing a pellet growing huge and swallowing all fighters in on gulp/bite. Instant K.O. and unavoidable.)

Tom Nook (Operates by using bells as projectiles. Also uses homes and public works projects to do damage to players.)

Summoner (A generic summoner from the Final Fantasy series. She looks somewhat like Rydia in design. Operates similar to Kalos/Pokemon Trainer. Summons Shiva, Chocobo, and Bahamut.)

Geno (Acquired through a deal early in development. Brawl cult status launched him to a priority this go around. Square Enix's terms and conditions were that there be a second and PROPER Square Enix rep. Geno's symbol is Mario's mushroom symbol.)

As you can tell a lot of focus was seemingly put on adding females to the roster of this game. I'm assuming it comes from Sakurai's desire to have more females in Smash.
"We're not even trying" - Most Smash 4 leakers right now.

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman

Cuts:

Lucas
Snake
Pokemon Trainer

Returning Melee Veteran:

Mewtwo

Newcomers:

Megaman

Wii Fit Trainer

Villager

Rosalina & Luma

Little Mac

So fake it's not even worth discussing. A final fantasy rep? Never going to happen. And even we did get a final fantasy rep (which we wont) it would be someone recognizable like Tidus or Cloud, not a generic summoner.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So fake it's not even worth discussing. A final fantasy rep? Never going to happen.
Now I wouldn't say that. It's just extremely unlikely to happen this game.

I can see it in Smash 5 though. Square Enix and Nintendo do have a past history of being pals and Final Fantasy was a HUGE part of that past.

But yeah this particular leak is most likely fake.

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
So fake it's not even worth discussing. A final fantasy rep? Never going to happen.
Now I wouldn't say that. It's just extremely unlikely to happen this game.

I can see it in Smash 5 though. Square Enix and Nintendo do have a past history of being pals and Final Fantasy was a HUGE part of that past.

But yeah this particular leak is most likely fake.

If we get a final fantasy rep I will literally eat a bag of testicles

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'll put it to you this way. If you told me back in N64/Melee days that third parties would start appearing in Smash Brothers. I would've expected a Final Fantasy rep more than I would've expected a Metal Gear rep.

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
I'll put it to you this way. If you told me back in N64/Melee days that third parties would start appearing in Smash Brothers. I would've expected a Final Fantasy rep more than I would've expected a Metal Gear rep.

I just wish we could have Banjo Kazooie. That's the only character I want.

Too bad it will never happen... :(

Also, I'd expect Sora from Kingdom Hearts before a final fantasy character... just seems more fitting.

Last edited:

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Well, lets say Sonic instead of Snake got revealed in the Brawl intro trailer, would have anyone believed a leak where Snake was in?

And regarding Final Fantasy, nothing is impossible, but it will most probably one character from the old games, personally I hope for Kefka (if one comes).

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am not opposed to a Final Fantasy rep in Smash, I just think there are more suitable characters than the ones usually mentioned in most ****ty rumors (like say, Cloud Strife). Characters like Chrono, a Black Mage or a Moogle are either more memorable, more related to Nintendo than Clould will ever be or both. Then again, Snake is there to almost completely ruin this argument...

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'm betting Snake returns. Something just gives me the feeling he will. Lots of people enjoyed him in Brawl and they need to win over some of that Sony crowd. Besides, Sakurai and Kojima are friends.

Besides, practically nobody expects him to return. It's just like Sakurai to surprise us.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If we get any Final Fantasy rep, it will be Lightning, as Sakurai has greatly praised the battle system for Lightning Returns! :V

I'm joking...not that I wouldn't want Lightning in the game, but it's not gonna happen and has no real reason to.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I am not opposed to a Final Fantasy rep in Smash, I just think there are more suitable characters than the ones usually mentioned in most ****ty rumors (like say, Cloud Strife). Characters like Chrono, a Black Mage or a Moogle are either more memorable, more related to Nintendo than Clould will ever be or both. Then again, Snake is there to almost completely ruin this argument...
I'll take Crono as Square's rep (although Black Mage is just as memorable as him and would probably get in 1st over Crono.)

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
I still think that if any SE rep was going to make it it would be a character from Dragon Quest due to that series being closer to Nintendo.

Anyway I don't really think they would get rid of Pokemon trainer just to add another one, plus it's hard to Imagine a solo charzard. Other than that most newcomers do sound believable, well excluding characters like the summoner and Geno. Also I can't imagine them trying to implement a another tag team with Chrom & Lucina.

Anyway just my personal opinion on the leak.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
More from this little charming leak:

No veterans FS has changed. Pit's is the same it simply removes Palutena from it when she is in play on the battlegrounds.

Unrevealed newcomer final smashes:

Megaman: Rush armor.

Villager: It's not bees as has been suggested that is a random event that happens sometimes when he cuts down trees instead. Instead his final smash sees him pulling items from his pockets that give high damage and chances of instant K.O.s.

Rosalina & Luma: She calls upon her comet observatory. The stage floods with Lumas.

Chrom & Lucina: The two cross sword and spear. Lucina leaps to one side of the stage. Chrom the other they charge towards one another and take out any opponents in the way.

Kalos Trainer: Very much similar to Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash.

Lip: Flowers grow all around the stage that heal Lip but damage her foes.

Charizard: It's called Flame Pillar and sees him stomping around the stage causing immense fire damage to everyone touching the ground.

Ridley: Ridley gains tank like armor and is unable to take damage for the duration of the final Smash. As he is already pretty strong no boost is done to his strength.

Mii: He/she summons the kitten wandering warriors across the stage at their opponents.

Palutena: Ray of Light. A ray of light extends from her staff and across the stage.

Takamaru: He gains even more speed and wildly alternates between his throwing stars and sword striking as much damage onto his opponents as possible. He is insanely hard to control and has a strong likeness to the F-Zero assist trophy from Brawl

Tom Nook: The Nookling's department store appears on stage and opens for business causing Animal villagers to rush towards it.

Summoner: Shiva freezes her foes, Bahamut shakes them around in it's grasps and finally Chocobo adds a to killing blow by giving them a cute little peck.

Geno: Geno whirl. Massive damage. Strong change of K.O.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Watch out for leaks that say the following characters are removed

Wolf, Ike, Lucas and Snake. Sometimes Wolf is replaced by or even accompanied by Falco.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
For some reason those rumors with a Kalos Trainer annoy the hell out of me. People aren't even trying anymore...

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Semi-Update on Mr.Erenjaeger.
So remember how another guy randomly popped up and said he had played a smash bros demo as well? And that was the only other cited source that was also at a similar event? Well I've tried contacting him (the other guy, who's on mmo-champion) , and he hasn't been on ever since he made that smash brothers post. He hasn't been on since the 22nd, and a while after he made that pos. Weird? Not really, maybe he's busy in real life. However, I decided to look at his past post. He really likes Smash bros like us, and takes place in a lot of character discussions, assist trophies, and roster prediction threads. But get this, this was his first post since 2013-12-24, 06:27 AM, where as his latest post is on 2014-02-22, 04:33 PM. Why the long absence, and why would that be his only post after not being on the website for 2 months? Coincidentally just six days after the erenjager leak. Just food for though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom