• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
I've only heard it, but people are saying that he accidently mentioned him in a interview.
I think you're referring to this one.

http://nintendoeverything.com/masah...out-game-balance-in-the-new-smash-bros-games/

"- Sakurai also talks about the difficulty in adjusting balances for things such as four player free-for-alls and 1-on-1 fights
- For these fights, their circumstances are completely different
- This can’t be helped at times, he says
- Ex: some attacks such as Captain Falcon’s “Falcon Punch” might work well when there’s more players, but might not ever hit during a 1-on-1 fight."

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Semi-Update on Mr.Erenjaeger.
So remember how another guy randomly popped up and said he had played a smash bros demo as well? And that was the only other cited source that was also at a similar event? Well I've tried contacting him (the other guy, who's on mmo-champion) , and he hasn't been on ever since he made that smash brothers post. He hasn't been on since the 22nd, and a while after he made that pos. Weird? Not really, maybe he's busy in real life. However, I decided to look at his past post. He really likes Smash bros like us, and takes place in a lot of character discussions, assist trophies, and roster prediction threads. But get this, this was his first post since 2013-12-24, 06:27 AM, where as his latest post is on 2014-02-22, 04:33 PM. Why the long absence, and why would that be his only post after not being on the website for 2 months? Coincidentally just six days after the erenjager leak. Just food for though.
To be honest, there's not a whole lot of reason to be active on MMO-Champion right now, since it's a WoW site and there's currently a big drought in regards to news. In general it's also a very "come and go" forum. If he wanted to talk about Smash Bros., he likely went to other sites.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Haha. Oh gee these leaks:

Not gonna get into how I know. Not gonna break it down any further for you guys. What you see here? What you get. That's all.

Cuts:

Lucas
Snake
Pokemon Trainer

Returning Melee Veteran:

Mewtwo

Newcomers:

Megaman

Wii Fit Trainer

Villager

Rosalina & Luma

Little Mac

Chrom & Lucina (It can be decided who is charge of the battle. They operate unlike any other tag team. A lot of the ideas in their mechanics is based on Sakurai's attempt at Dixie/Diddy last time.)

Kalos Trainer (Chespin, Braixen, Greninja)

Dixie Kong (Fighting style uses her hair, bubble gum and her final Smash apparently has her flying around the stage at high speed. Snatching them up and traveling with them to the edge of the world map.)

Lip (She was the last newcomer added to the game. She was almost an assist trophy and made playable status instead. Quirky moveset potential is the reason for this.)

Charizard (As a solo character. He's had a few moves twerked and added to his playstyle.)

Ridley (Other M Design. Said to be the most powerful heavy hitter in the game.)

Pac Man (Final smash is apparently him swallowing a pellet growing huge and swallowing all fighters in on gulp/bite. Instant K.O. and unavoidable.)

Mii (Moves are passed on Street Pass Titles as well as various Wii titles.)

Palutena (The leak was real and her Wii U Model is even more gorgeous.)

Takamaru (Moves fast on his feet. Uses not only his sword, but throwing stars.

Tom Nook (Operates by using bells as projectiles. Also uses homes and public works projects to do damage to players.)

Summoner (A generic summoner from the Final Fantasy series. She looks somewhat like Rydia in design. Operates similar to Kalos/Pokemon Trainer. Summons Shiva, Chocobo, and Bahamut.)

Geno (Acquired through a deal early in development. Brawl cult status launched him to a priority this go around. Square Enix's terms and conditions were that there be a second and PROPER Square Enix rep. Geno's symbol is Mario's mushroom symbol.)

As you can tell a lot of focus was seemingly put on adding females to the roster of this game. I'm assuming it comes from Sakurai's desire to have more females in Smash.
We all know that Square wouldn't succumb to Smash that easily and Charizard can't coexist without Pokemon Trainer, so it's as believable as Tom Nook's "nards".

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I will admit the idea for Chrom/Lucina's FS sounds really cool, but at the same time Palutena's FS would probably have a more original name then "Ray of Light," maybe the "Glam Blaster" she used to kill the main body of Hewdraw if you took too long in Uprising?

But ultimately, yeah, more then likely fake.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Semi-Update on Mr.Erenjaeger.
So remember how another guy randomly popped up and said he had played a smash bros demo as well? And that was the only other cited source that was also at a similar event? Well I've tried contacting him (the other guy, who's on mmo-champion) , and he hasn't been on ever since he made that smash brothers post. He hasn't been on since the 22nd, and a while after he made that pos. Weird? Not really, maybe he's busy in real life. However, I decided to look at his past post. He really likes Smash bros like us, and takes place in a lot of character discussions, assist trophies, and roster prediction threads. But get this, this was his first post since 2013-12-24, 06:27 AM, where as his latest post is on 2014-02-22, 04:33 PM. Why the long absence, and why would that be his only post after not being on the website for 2 months? Coincidentally just six days after the erenjager leak. Just food for though.
It does looks a bit suspect; even CAW Evolution on GameFAQs (also known as "Ryce" on NeoGAF and also the guy who first explained the E3 leak in detail) has called fake on this leak and seeing how he's a credible person IMO, I'm going to take his word on this.

Last edited:

Gabeking54

Smash Journeyman
It does looks a bit suspect; even CAW Evolution on GameFAQs (also known as "Ryce" on NeoGAF and also the guy who first explained the E3 leak in detail) has called fake on this leak and seeing how he's a credible person IMO, I'm going to take his word on this.
when did he call fake on it?

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Haha. Oh gee these leaks:

Not gonna get into how I know. Not gonna break it down any further for you guys. What you see here? What you get. That's all.

Cuts:

Lucas
Snake
Pokemon Trainer

Returning Melee Veteran:

Mewtwo

Newcomers:

Megaman

Wii Fit Trainer

Villager

Rosalina & Luma

Little Mac

Chrom & Lucina (It can be decided who is charge of the battle. They operate unlike any other tag team. A lot of the ideas in their mechanics is based on Sakurai's attempt at Dixie/Diddy last time.)

Kalos Trainer (Chespin, Braixen, Greninja)

Dixie Kong (Fighting style uses her hair, bubble gum and her final Smash apparently has her flying around the stage at high speed. Snatching them up and traveling with them to the edge of the world map.)

Lip (She was the last newcomer added to the game. She was almost an assist trophy and made playable status instead. Quirky moveset potential is the reason for this.)

Charizard (As a solo character. He's had a few moves twerked and added to his playstyle.)

Ridley (Other M Design. Said to be the most powerful heavy hitter in the game.)

Pac Man (Final smash is apparently him swallowing a pellet growing huge and swallowing all fighters in on gulp/bite. Instant K.O. and unavoidable.)

Mii (Moves are passed on Street Pass Titles as well as various Wii titles.)

Palutena (The leak was real and her Wii U Model is even more gorgeous.)

Takamaru (Moves fast on his feet. Uses not only his sword, but throwing stars.

Tom Nook (Operates by using bells as projectiles. Also uses homes and public works projects to do damage to players.)

Summoner (A generic summoner from the Final Fantasy series. She looks somewhat like Rydia in design. Operates similar to Kalos/Pokemon Trainer. Summons Shiva, Chocobo, and Bahamut.)

Geno (Acquired through a deal early in development. Brawl cult status launched him to a priority this go around. Square Enix's terms and conditions were that there be a second and PROPER Square Enix rep. Geno's symbol is Mario's mushroom symbol.)

As you can tell a lot of focus was seemingly put on adding females to the roster of this game. I'm assuming it comes from Sakurai's desire to have more females in Smash.
Obvious fake. Have any of the legit brawl leaks explained why a character is in? Unless this guy is really close to Sakurai, it's fake.
It sounds like this guy has been lurking on character threads to get ideas on how the characters could play.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So now, finally, anybody that thought that perhaps Diddy Kong was supposed to be shown before Little Mac thanks to that one screenshot showing the Smash Bros design of the ring... well... that rumor is now dead, since both the Smash Bros ring and the Punch-Out ring are in the game at once, courtesy of today's 2 pics of the day.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I agree..if he does not appear in the next couple of days..i am calling it fake

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Not sure if this was posted, found this not too long ago.
The following information is from a very reliable source. Howver he chose to stay hidden.

Blue shell is now an item, target the person with the least percentage.

Lyn has been scrapped and replaced with Tharja.(Assist Trophy)

Chrom is not playable. He is a hard to get trophy.

Robin is unlockable. Will not be shown
till launch.

Trophy Tussle Returns.

Ridley is an event on Trophy tussle. You vaytle on him, and beating the event will unlock him.

Cranky Kong is a Assist. K rool is playable.

Shulk is playable.

Issac is playable.

Chibi robo is playable.

Takamaru is playable.

Mii is a stage hazard in the find mii stage

Stone tower temple is a stage.

The beam sword is now green.

Gatling Groink from pikmin is an assist

Tanooki suit is an item.

King hippo is a assist.

Medusas head is a item.

Palutena is playable.

Dr. Mario is an alt costume.

Daisy is a stage hazard.

Wario returns.

ROB returns, now with his own stage.

The pokeball is now a item, and can catch characters briefly

The Devils Machine is now a stage.

An F Zero racer is a item that you throw.

Pushmo is an assist.

Krystal is a trophy

Target test with unique characters return.

Gamefaqs, so..... lol

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
The following information is from a very reliable source. Howver he chose to stay hidden.

till launch.

Trophy Tussle Returns.

Ridley is an event on Trophy tussle. You vaytle on him, and beating the event will unlock him.

Shulk is playable.

Issac is playable.

Chibi robo is playable.

Takamaru is playable.

Tanooki suit is an item.

King hippo is a assist.

Medusas head is a item.

Palutena is playable.

Daisy is a stage hazard.

Wario returns.

Pushmo is an assist.

Krystal is a trophy

Gamefaqs, so..... lol
Gatling Groink?! Thank goodness that isn't true. Still have nightmares of that monstrosity...

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I like the new leak with Tom Nook, Geno and Charizard by himself. I've actually been thinking they might just use Charizard as a stand-alone and give the trainer an overhaul.

Toom Nook's Final Smash also sounds adorable. I approve. Embarrass

The newest leak sounds pretty fake to me, I doubt Sakurai cares about bringing back Geno. :scared:
I dunno, Sakurai seems to be looking at Brawl-era polls for inspiration (think Villager, Megaman and Little Mac).

I wouldn't rule it out completely because of Geno, there's always that small chance that Sakurai took notice of all the support he received back in the day. Who knows...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL FIND WHERE YOU LIVE AND write you a very strongly worded letter to voice my disgust.
Anyway thanks for letting everyone know that your friend was lying. Guess all I can do now is cross my fingers and hope for Palutena, Mewtwo, and Ghirahim.

I know I'm 3 pages late but if he's saying the truth about one of the stage being real, this is actually a new info right? you mentioned 5 stages I think so does that means that we are close to know a leaked stage?

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Am I the only one loling at daisy as a stage hazard?

The rest of the leak is pretty good though in terms of likability, actually wait

Pokeballs can catch people......

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know I'm 3 pages late but if he's saying the truth about one of the stage being real, this is actually a new info right? you mentioned 5 stages I think so does that means that we are close to know a leaked stage?
He did say that at least one of the stages is real, and along with that, he also said that some of the characters are real. His friend didn't say specifics, but I guess it counts as new info anyway.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Could be the Waterwraith...
Eh, the Waterwraith isn't that big of a problem provided you get through the sublevels fast enough. And once you get Purple Pikmin it becomes a total joke.

But off-topic comments aside these leaks are getting more lazy every passing day. Hopefully things will get juicer as the release date draws near (whenever it is).

Hoots

Can Be Combative

till launch.

Trophy Tussle Returns.

Shulk is playable.

Issac is playable.

Chibi robo is playable.

Takamaru is playable.

Tanooki suit is an item.

King hippo is a assist.

Medusas head is a item.

Palutena is playable.

Daisy is a stage hazard.

Wario returns.

Pushmo is an assist.

Krystal is a trophy

Gamefaqs, so..... lol
Miis being stage hazards? There isn't even a Mii King in the cage behind the Dark Emperor. Also, the "F Zero Racer" item doesn't make any sense. It's pretty obvious that this guy didn't even do the research before coming up with his leak. They're getting sloppier.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

till launch.

Trophy Tussle Returns.

Shulk is playable.

Issac is playable.

Chibi robo is playable.

Takamaru is playable.

Tanooki suit is an item.

King hippo is a assist.

Medusas head is a item.

Palutena is playable.

Daisy is a stage hazard.

Wario returns.

Pushmo is an assist.

Krystal is a trophy

Gamefaqs, so..... lol

But R.O.B. already had his stage in Brawl. Mario Bros. That's not new.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
He did say that at least one of the stages is real, and along with that, he also said that some of the characters are real. His friend didn't say specifics, but I guess it counts as new info anyway.
The thing is, some character in his list are already confirmed so I won't rely on that but the stages list they are ALL unannounced as of now which means that there's got to be new info here

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like the new leak with Tom Nook, Geno and Charizard by himself. I've actually been thinking they might just use Charizard as a stand-alone and give the trainer an overhaul.

Toom Nook's Final Smash also sounds adorable. I approve. Embarrass

I dunno, Sakurai seems to be looking at Brawl-era polls for inspiration (think Villager, Megaman and Little Mac).

I wouldn't rule it out completely because of Geno, there's always that small chance that Sakurai took notice of all the support he received back in the day. Who knows...
I agree right now geno has a decent shot. The leak sounds fake though to me but i like it. As for that ither leak, miis as a stage hazard is not happening.They are either playable or not in it at all.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I just had the most trollish idea ever. Sakurai requesting FE team to make a character called Geno and then including him. Wouldn't that be glorious?

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
The difference is FDS Goku already was there, right? (Assuming we're talking about the same character...)

Hoots

Can Be Combative
CONFIRMED FAKE NEVER TALKING TO HIM AGAIN ERGH OHMIGOD GONNA KILL EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE

Seriously though, he's gonna pay sorry for putting y'all through that. He did say that quite a few of the characters mentioned are in the actual game (wouldn't give specifics) and one of the stages is real too. (hoping for the Dedede drum stage)

I'll get back to you if I get any real info from him, and again sorry for the unneeded hype/arguments.

At least it kept you busy? :coolmonke:
On the iota of a chance that you didn't just make up this "friend" (and I'm nearly certain that you did), how old are you guys exactly if you're still at the "That Kid" stage of your relationship (ASH KETCHUM AND JAMES BOND ARE IN SMASH BROS IF YOU BEAT EXPERT WITH ONE LIFE TEN TIMES!)? Honestly, and I mean no offense by this, you sound a little too young to have a friend that is out of school with a full time job in the video game industry. Not to mention that he's being incredibly vague in his answers for no reason. If he's already breaching his NDA, there's no reason not to give you the actual scoop instead of some of it.

Even though it's been disproven (and it does make me sad, since your fake was the best roster we've ever seen in a rumor) it's best to admit that you're lying so everyone can move on instead of saying that some of it's true, just to cover your ass.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Guys, I just had the most trollish idea ever. Sakurai requesting FE team to make a character called Geno and then including him. Wouldn't that be glorious?
What business does this have to do with the Rumours and Leaks thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom