• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd like to question your hate on Lucas. Outside of their B moves and FS, Ness and Lucas' A moves are about as comparable as Fox and Wolf's, aka completely different. Mother may have 3 games, but Earthbound and Mother 3 are about as different as night and day, and it makes sense to represent both halves of the franchise, one being comically fun and the other depressingly dark. On top of that, more or less everything Mother related in Brawl was Mother 3 based, which, while not much, it shows they put much more work into repping Mother 3 than Earthbound.

If you want to get technical, Star Fox doesn't deserve 3 reps. In theory, it has only 5 games. SNES Star Fox, 64, Assault, Adventure, and Command, and 64 is a remake of the SNES game, so let's say it only has 4 games. Not only that, but it hasn't had a new game since what, 2004? The 3DS port of 64 doesn't count. The franchise is arguably just as dead as Mother.
I agree. I don't think Star Fox needs anything more than Fox either. It comes from a popularity of the series perspective. And hell, it's not even just that. It's a playstyle thing.

There's not enough diversity in Lucas, Falco or Wolf for my tastes and they're not as iconic to Nintendo as other semi-cones like Luigi and Ganondorf.

And sure there might be differences, but it's not drastically so as you claim. The B moves are the flash of the series after all.

If you pick up Ness, you can adjust to Lucas easily. The movesets are semi-cloned after all.

It's very much a Mario and Luigi situation. Just Luigi is actually slowly growing past Mario in terms of being a semi clone. Something that is NOT going to happen for Lucas, as is evidenced by Toon Link.

Same with Fox, Wolf, and Falco. B moves are the flash in the pan moves. The ones everyone will immediately be able to describe to you.

And at the end of the day they're simply far too similar for my taste.

I simply want a diverse roster.

I view those characters in the end like I view Toon Link and even Luigi and Ganondorf. There's more potential to make them diverse. Especially so in Ganondorf's case but that's a whole other story.

There's stuff from their games to do it. It's just a clear refusal to take the development time to do so sort of issue.

Clones and semi-clones are just very much something that I know are a stable of fighting game series. Doesn't mean I really have to like them.

Especially when Smash isn't your average fighting game and it should be more about uniqueness and being an icon and less about ''What makes for a quick playable alternate skin to Ness?"

Which is basically what Lucas mostly is.

Last edited:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
If you pick up Ness, you can adjust to Lucas easily. The movesets are semi-cloned after all.
No you can not. The two characters, despite their similatr B moves, play very differently. Just because they share a total of 5 moves does not mean you can play both easily. I'm a former Lucas main in Brawl. My Lucas may be better than my Meta Knight in a fundamentally knowing the character standpoint and an execution standpoint. I cannot play Ness for the life of me.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Hi everybody. I don't like being the guy that everyone hates on for trolling, but I'm here to bring you information I have recently received from my older brother, who play tests at various companies. He recently play tested Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS, and told me the following. Although I would not fully believe everything I'm about to leak, keep these in mind as following information of Smash Bros is revealed. In the event that my brother was just f**king with me, I am deeply sorry.

He confirmed that the following characters from Brawl are cut:
-Wolf
-Snake
-ROB
-Ike
-Kanto Trainer

The following (as of now) unrevealed veterans are in the game:
-Yoshi
-Wario
-Ganondorf
-Zero Suit Samus
-Ice Climbers
-Meta Knight
-Ness
-Lucas
-Captain Falcon
-Falco
-Jigglypuff
-Mr. Game and Watch

And for everyone's favorite part, the newcomers:
-As previously confirmed, Villager, Little Mac, Rosalina and Luma, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mega Man are all playable.
-Lady Palutena from Kid Icarus Uprising is in the game, and from what he says is a great character.
-Toon Zelda and Tetra are playable. Toon Zelda is pretty much a carbon copy of Zelda, Tetra has very basic moves.
-Waluigi and Bowser Jr. are playable. Waluigi's moves are based on the sports games, while Bowser Jr.'s seem more coming from Mario Sunshine. Bowser Jr.'s final smash has him turn into Shadow Mario, a la Zero Suit Samus.
-Professor E. Gadd from Luigi's Mansion is playable. His moves involve the Poltergust, and other various items from Dark Moon.
-Kanto Trainer is replaced with May from Pokemon Emerald, clad in the special green clothing. Her team is Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken.
-Mewtwo returns, and his Final Smash involves Mega Evolution, although it is random whether he becomes Mega Mewtwo X or Y.
-Zoroark is brand-new, and has a move set that differs from Lucario and Mewtwo. His dashing puts him on all fours, which is really interesting. His Final Smash swaps the players except for him, which becomes extremely confusing for everyone.
-The Mii is playable. Its moves are customizable, which means it can have Mario's Fireball and Jigglypuff's Sing or whatever you'd like. Its default moves are based off of the "Wii Sports" games.
-Takamaru is in the game, and uses many sword-based moves. My brother's not too familiar with his series, so he didn't talk much about him.
-Thanks to the petition, Reggie is added to the game, although he is not finalized yet, and he is only in beta. His attacks seem to use Nintendo accessories, such as the Zapper and the Wiimote and Nunchuck. His graphics are apparently very cartoony, not too hyper-realistic.
-Warioware, Metroid, Yoshi, Earthbound, F-Zero, Kirby, Star Fox, and Sonic receive no new characters.
-Pac-Man is playable. His moves are very…modern, and his Final Smash turns all the characters blue and makes him into his "original" form.
That's all my brother knows about characters. For other things…

-Similar to Star Fox and the previous Metal Gear Solid, you can communicate with gods and other characters of the Kid Icarus universe on Kid Icarus stages during battle. The banter is apparently funny and includes all of the actors from Uprising.
-Adventure Mode is similar to Melee, though the bosses vary based on what series/character you play as. For example, DK fights King K. Rool, Luigi and E.Gadd fight King Boo, Mario fights Giga Bowser, etc.
-There is a Kid Icarus stage on both consoles. The Wii U version is Palutena's Temple, while the 3DS version is based off of the "Viridi, Goddess of Nature" chapter.
-Pokemon Stadium 3 is on the Wii U version. It includes a forest that features Fairy-types and Grass-types, as well as a mountain that includes Heliolisk and Noivern, and some stage that includes Ferrothorn. The 3DS Pokemon stage is Lumiose City, with appearances by Diggersby, Furfrou, and others.
-Pokemon that appear from Pokeballs include Xerneas, Hawlucha, Gliscor, and Avalugg.

That is all my brother has given me. Hope you guys enjoy.
This is the only leak that i have read so far that if true i wouldnt buy the game

Real f****** Talk.......

This is beyond atrocious even though it has Mewtwo

fromia

Smash Cadet
NOTE: PLEASE TAKE THIS WITH THE TINIEST GRAIN OF SALT. I SHOULD IN NO WAY BE BLAMED IF THIS INFORMATION TURNS OUT TO BE FALSE OR PARTIALLY MISTAKEN.

Hey, everyone. I'm still fairly new around here but I've made quite a few friends around here. Honest, my best friend in the world (ex-college roommate) recently graduated and earned himself a job over at nintendo! I'm not sure exactly where he works, pretty sure it's semi-important or I don't think I would be relaying the information I am too you. Now, before I let any info loose, I need to confirm that this is NOT COMING FROM ME. It is also highly possible that HE IS MESSING WITH ME since he knows how big of a smash fan I am. He also doesn't have any access to a playable version of smash, but he has seen it in a playable state and confirmed quite a few things for me.

Characters-
[Returning from Melee]
*Mewtwo

[Cut from Brawl]
*Snake
*Old PKMN Trainer
*Wolf
*Two more I couldn't remember what he said :/

[Newcomers- I wrote them down you're all welcome ;)]
*Villager
*Megaman
*WFT
*Rosalina and Luma
*Little Mac
*Chrom and Lucina
*Dixie Kong
*King K. Rool
*Kalos Trainer (Chespin, Braixen, Greninja)
*Ridley
*Shulk
*Palutena
*Pac-Man (Replaces Snake)
*Mii
*Takamaru
*Dillon
EDIT: *Ghirahim

(He claims there is still one more character he doesn't know about?)
EDIT: Nvm seem above.

Stages- *Has only seen a fraction of stages, and only Wii U stages*
[Returning- Revamped!]
*Temple
*Corneria
*Saffron City
*Luigi's Mansion

[New Stages {Wii U}]
*Pokemon Stadium 3 (only saw steel and fairy transformations)
*New Kirby Stage from Triple Deluxe
*New Fire Emblem Stage

Also noted that the music in the game was absolutley gorgeous. And the UI was great, as well. Apparently, the character select screen uses the same backgrounds as the official website does (I was very happy about that!).

Again, grain of salt.
This is actually a pretty good list, almost like a smash fan made this :laugh:

From this list, the things that makes me feel could be fake is the lack of wtf character. Wii Fit Trainer would be in that category, but we already know about her, so I'm expecting one more wtf character.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
No you can not. The two characters, despite their similatr B moves, play very differently. Just because they share a total of 5 moves does not mean you can play both easily. I'm a former Lucas main in Brawl. My Lucas may be better than my Meta Knight in a fundamentally knowing the character standpoint and an execution standpoint. I cannot play Ness for the life of me.
Ness has a steeper learning curve. You could say the same of Wolf when it comes Fox/Falco/Wolf. Easy does not mean that you don't have to learn.

And that still doesn't change the fact of them being far too damn similar for characters that have potential to be more diverse than they currently are.

And not to mention being more reps that necessary in dead as hell series.

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
All this talk on what characters should and shouldn't be cut should be in a different thread but not in the rumors and leaks thread.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I not too big of a fan of most of these leaks. Sakurai has already shown us that he's willing to take risk with character choice and I'm pretty sure his team had some influence as well. And while I think Shulk has good chances, I dont think Sakurai would stop there. Operation Rainfall made a lot of noise so I seriously doubt Sakurai and his team havent heard of it. If Shulk gets in, then I believe that Zael or Aeron will soon follow. At the very least they'll probably be assist trophies; I cant see Sakurai excluding recent and greatly asked for nintendo IPs.

Also....I'm amazed that Wonder Red and Bayonetta have only been in 2 or 3 of the leaks I've seen. The Fakers need to step their game up.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Ness has a steeper learning curve. You could say the same of Wolf when it comes Fox/Falco/Wolf. Easy does not mean that you don't have to learn.

And that still doesn't change the fact of them being far too damn similar for characters that have potential to be more diverse than they currently are.

And not to mention being more reps that necessary in dead as hell series.
Considering the fact that Rosalina's in the game, I'd argue that being unpopular or irrelevant isn't a problem :troll:. Y'know, besides the fact this "dead series" finally got re-released on the virtual console MAINLY because of popularity, and the fact that Kid Icarus also was a "dead series" before Brawl. Anyways, this isn't Character Discussion so we should get on topic...

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Going to have to agree with this. As a Ness user, I can assure you they're very different.

EDIT: Topic - Just realised this is not the social thread. So yeah, what exactly are we doing? Justifying leaks by potential character cuts? I don't really mind these dry spells. No leaks are better than a bunch of terrible ones I guess.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
This is probably my most viewed thread and yet I hardly ever post anything. Lurking seems to be just as entertaining with all of the random commotion that goes on. I think the argument turned more into Ness and Lucas are too similar and therefore Lucas is taking the slot of a potentially much more unique character. Regardless as others have already stated, this is not the place for this type of conversation. Now I'm just waiting for whatever new information CrimsonDivine has to share...

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Considering the fact that Rosalina's in the game, I'd argue that being unpopular or irrelevant isn't a problem :troll:. Y'know, besides the fact this "dead series" finally got re-released on the virtual console MAINLY because of popularity, and the fact that Kid Icarus also was a "dead series" before Brawl. Anyways, this isn't Character Discussion so we should get on topic...
Dude. You know nothing of Rosalina if you think for a second she is irrelevant or unpopular. She's practically phasing out Princess Daisy and making her irrelevant. Princess Daisy who is a CLASSIC Mario character.

But as you said this isn't character discussion. I just needed you to know that you could not be more wrong when it comes to Rosalina who has put in steady appearances in Mario games since her creation and has only become more of a lock for appearing in them than some other more classic fan favorites.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I agree. I don't think Star Fox needs anything more than Fox either. It comes from a popularity of the series perspective. And hell, it's not even just that. It's a playstyle thing.

There's not enough diversity in Lucas, Falco or Wolf for my tastes and they're not as iconic to Nintendo as other semi-cones like Luigi and Ganondorf.

And sure there might be differences, but it's not drastically so as you claim. The B moves are the flash of the series after all.

It's very much a Mario and Luigi situation. Just Luigi is actually slowly growing past Mario in terms of being a semi clone. Something that is NOT going to happen for Lucas, as is evidenced by Toon Link.

Same with Fox, Wolf, and Falco. B moves are the flash in the pan moves. The ones everyone will immediately be able to describe to you.

And at the end of the day they're simply far too similar for my taste.

I simply want a diverse roster.

I view those characters in the end like I view Toon Link and even Luigi and Ganondorf. There's more potential to make them diverse. Especially so in Ganondorf's case but that's a whole other story.

There's stuff from their games to do it. It's just a clear refusal to take the development time to do so sort of issue.

Clones and semi-clones are just very much something that I know are a stable of fighting game series. Doesn't mean I really have to like them.

Especially when Smash isn't your average fighting game and it should be more about uniqueness and being an icon and less about ''What makes for a quick playable alternate skin to Ness?"

Which is basically what Lucas mostly is.
Would you have such a problem if these guys were given a new moveset or diversified even more? Just curious.
The only one this really applies to is Falco unfortunately as even with the moves being tweaked, he still feels far too similar to Fox. Wolf and Lucas, despite having similar moves, are not easy to adjust to because they have a different approach to attacking entirely. (Wolf is heavy and hard-hitting to Fox's in and out style.)

Also, I'm of the mind that he doesn't like scrapping what's there if he can help it, considering they tried to bring Dr. Mario and Roy back as well. Regardless, I think he would change it up rather than drop them completely. Still, I see what you're saying. So to keep this leak related, any leaks that cut them on this basis needs serious scrutiny. Sakurai isn't taking cuts lightly at all and is trying to avoid them at all costs. There has to be a very solid reason.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Would you have such a problem if these guys were given a new moveset or diversified even more? Just curious. Also, I'm of the mind that he doesn't like scrapping what's there if he can help it, considering they tried to bring Dr. Mario and Roy back as well. Regardless, I think he would change it up rather than drop them completely. Still, I see what you're saying.
I don't mind any character being in the roster as long as they were given more to diverse them from other characters than just ''Oh the mechanics and learning curve of it all."

But we're derailing the thread again.

Quick, someone find a leak.

D

Deleted member

****ing THIS.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Dude. You know nothing of Rosalina if you think for a second she is irrelevant or unpopular. She's practically phasing out Princess Daisy and making her irrelevant. Princess Daisy who is a CLASSIC Mario character.

But as you said this isn't character discussion. I just needed you to know that you could not be more wrong when it comes to Rosalina who has put in steady appearances in Mario games since her creation and has only become more of a lock for appearing in them than some other more classic fan favorites.
There are much more fans for other characters, but they were rejected in favor of a character that is less relevant and has had less apearrences than them.

Anyways, one would hope some less Crowd Pleasing leaks would become true.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There are much more fans for other characters, but they were rejected in favor of a character that is less relevant and has had less apearrences than them.
If you want to continue this ****? PM me dude. But basically you're attacking a character who is at least a wholely unique moveset to defend a character who is for all intents purpose Ness reworked. I mean...really...I don't even know that if you PMed me that I'd wanted to continue that discussion. I've said all I can say. But if we must...for god sakes. PM me.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Snake and Lucas are practical goners. Earthbound doesn't need 2 reps. Especially if they barely have any differences between one another. Konami and Nintendo aren't the best of friends and Konami isn't supporting them. So why give them free press by keeping Snake? Ike might survive. All other veterans are safe IMO

R.O.B.'s not getting cut. Any roster that cut's R.O,B. is automatically debunked by me. That's just wishful fanboy thinking because there's still butthurt that he was responsible for ruining Brawl. :rolleyes:
From an entirely neutral standpoint, Lucas makes little sense as a cut from a series that has only just been reintroduced to the Western audience by Nintendo (to a fairly big fanfare) under a year ago, on top of that, while his moveset is similar to Ness, because Ness was already so unique it doesn't hurt the roster to have a varied version of that set of moves, it adds more variety than, say, another dude with a sword (again, from a neutral perspective, my main has been Young/Toon Link, so no hate from me on sword clones :p ). As well as that, should Nintendo decide that with Earthbound's VC success that they want to redistribute Mother and Mother 3... a fair possibility seeing as it had a high purchase rate amongst WiiU owners, Lucas is an excellent reference point for them.

Konami HAVE been supporting Nintendo as well, just because they chose to do so on 3DS doesn't negate the fact they've released a Metal Gear and Castlevania in the last couple of years (both built exclusively with Nintendo hardware in mind), their lack of titles on WiiU can't really be argued when Nintendo themselves were so slow to release titles on the console, so saying Konami and Nintendo aren't getting on isn't really accurate (and that's ignorant of Sakurai and Kojima's personal friendship too! )

I do agree with you on R.O.B. of course, an leak with him cut makes very little sense especially based on Sakurai's comments on looking to vary the roster regarding playstyles... not only is he a very unique fighter, but he is also vital in representing a key point in Nintendo's history, and frankly that's a major point of Smash... a celebration of the past and present of Nintendo

So yea, any roster with those 3 (or Jigglypuff) cut are insta-fake for me. The logic just doesn't stand up from any angle, even from the Sakurai does his own thing angle it doesn't make sense for that knowledge to be out there

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Going to have to agree with this. As a Ness user, I can assure you they're very different.

EDIT: Topic - Just realised this is not the social thread. So yeah, what exactly are we doing? Justifying leaks by potential character cuts? I don't really mind these dry spells. No leaks are better than a bunch of terrible ones I guess.
well yea, seems like one way to disprove a leak is to justify or otherwise the possibility of a character being claimed as a cut, so it fits the thread topic IMO surely?

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93

Anyways, one would hope some less Crowd Pleasing leaks would become true.

Rosalina was picked primarily because she provided an entirely unique set of abilities, the combination of which hasn't been done before
She's also the main character in the highest rated Mario games out there (the Galaxy games were not only fantastic games, but also sold well and were huge critical successes)
She's a strong female character in a series that built itself upon frail princesses being in other castles
She's been playable in every major Mario spin-off since Galaxy, and also was playable in 3D world, her reveal boosting hype for that title
So, despite the fact that the whole relevance thing is a bit of an iffy argument anyways, how is she not? (Because you dislike her? :S )

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina was picked primarily because she provided an entirely unique set of abilities, the combination of which hasn't been done before
She's also the main character in the highest rated Mario games out there (the Galaxy games were not only fantastic games, but also sold well and were huge critical successes)
She's a strong female character in a series that built itself upon frail princesses being in other castles
She's been playable in every major Mario spin-off since Galaxy, and also was playable in 3D world, her reveal boosting hype for that title
So, despite the fact that the whole relevance thing is a bit of an iffy argument anyways, how is she not? (Because you dislike her? :S )
Don't get me wrong, she's a nice character, but the fact that she got in while Human Meat Shield over there is still in Peach's dress is kinda annoying, to say the least.

If you have anything else, just put it on the SSB4 Discussion thread quoting me and I'll check. Anyways, another thing about the Palutena leak; who said it came from 2chan? The original images from what I can find are from 4chan.

D

Deleted member

People are probably just upset that she "stole" a slot over a character that they think is more deserving, even though this concept of slots is completely arbitrary.

Now where were we? Ah, yes, topic! Do we have any new leaks to talk about?

Last edited by a moderator:

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Don't get me wrong, she's a nice character, but the fact that she got in while Human Meat Shield over there is still in Peach's dress is kinda annoying, to say the least.

If you have anything else, just put it on the SSB4 Discussion thread quoting me and I'll check. Anyways, another thing about the Palutena leak; who said it came from 2chan? The original images from what I can find are from 4chan.
That's cool was just confused at how you defined relevance, but anyways.... Human Meat Shield?? I don't get the reference

RE: Palutena, didn't someone say it surfaced on 2Chan but was taken down just after being reposted on 4?? (Don't quote me :p )

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Not that I've seen, I don't know how to search for them anyhow. Anyone have advice on how to do that?

Last edited:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Not really, just more updates on the "My brother works at Nintendo" leak.

That's cool was just confused at how you defined relevance, but anyways.... Human Meat Shield?? I don't get the reference
The human meat shield is Toad

Last edited:

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
Any leaks on Captain Falcon lately? I wanna see that punch in glorious HD.
Also, I mean reveal date. He's been accidentally confirmed already lol

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMED FAKE NEVER TALKING TO HIM AGAIN ERGH OHMIGOD GONNA KILL EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE

Seriously though, he's gonna pay sorry for putting y'all through that. He did say that quite a few of the characters mentioned are in the actual game (wouldn't give specifics) and one of the stages is real too. (hoping for the Dedede drum stage)

I'll get back to you if I get any real info from him, and again sorry for the unneeded hype/arguments.

At least it kept you busy? :coolmonke:

D

Deleted member

CONFIRMED FAKE NEVER TALKING TO HIM AGAIN ERGH OHMIGOD GONNA KILL EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE

Seriously though, he's gonna pay sorry for putting y'all through that. He did say that quite a few of the characters mentioned are in the actual game (wouldn't give specifics) and one of the stages is real too. (hoping for the Dedede drum stage)

I'll get back to you if I get any real info from him, and again sorry for the unneeded hype/arguments.

At least it kept you busy? :coolmonke:
I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL FIND WHERE YOU LIVE AND write you a very strongly worded letter to voice my disgust.
Anyway thanks for letting everyone know that your friend was lying. Guess all I can do now is cross my fingers and hope for Palutena, Mewtwo, and Ghirahim.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I knew it.

Oh, wait. Hold up.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Hey Chucklehead, re-read what he said, he didn't own up, he said he finally found out he'd been partially suckered with a mixed bag of true and false information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom