• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
There's likely mostly Namco Bandai and Nintendo of Japan testers at the moment. All of the game footage barring translated trailers is all Japanese gameplay with some english elements (IE: Doc Louis's voice was indeed in English when the version was blatantly the Japanese dev build when Koopa and Rockman where the names used in Japan). That's how Smash has always worked: Translators only start cracking the official game to translate it once the Japanese version is done.

Nintendo of America has barely any involvement at the moment with Smash 4 other than giving out some news for it translated. 99% of the development is held in Japan in the studio where Sakurai and the teams are developing and testing. AFAIK, there's no outside testing as of now, especially not in America. CrimsonDivine has forgotten to understand this very simple detail of the fact that the Japanese version is being developed first, and that the practical basis that a company wouldn't use a Japanese demo on an English-speaking (PRIMARILY) market as they know it would cause some confusion to certain consumers.
You're telling me they flew Wii Fit Trainer's english voice actor to Japan? Also note that there really is no point recording 2 versions of gameplay in a trailer. Also I've been in meetings that have embargoed info in them but everyone in the company knew what was going on. Just couldn't get out to public. Doubt Nintendo is THAT strict on the Smash roster. If pokemon got slipped, there is no doubt this will.

E3 build was in english as well.

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Why would a random NOA employee know secret stuff about Smash Bros?

I honestly doubt anyone other than the higher-ups at NOA know anything. Japanese Nintendo workers, maybe...

ALSO, I love how no one had a problem with Samus/Bayonetta "sexualization" discussion but we mention Little Mac and everyone freaks out. :rolleyes:
Staff at NOA probably know more than you think. I know a guy who works for Nintendo as a translator, and he's privy to all sorts of information. Nintendo games go to translation about a year before release; I imagine everybody who works for NOA knows most there is to know about Smash Bros. by now.

Before you ask, I don't have any leaks for you.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
You're telling me they flew Wii Fit Trainer's english voice actor to Japan? Also note that there really is no point recording 2 versions of gameplay in a trailer. Also I've been in meetings that have embargoed info in them but everyone in the company knew what was going on. Just couldn't get out to public. Doubt Nintendo is THAT strict on the Smash roster. If pokemon got slipped, there is no doubt this will.

First off...
-Japanese voices have English actors. It's not some odd commodity. They likely DID fly her to japan to do this as Smash Bros is a AAAA-Game. Even games like Blazblue have English voices even when they aren't released in English-Speaking countries yet.
-The E3 Build was likely developed and was very bare bones (note the likely incomplete results screen) as it was likely made for the mostly American audience who does not refer to then as Rockman. In addition, the HUD is also different from the current version seen in February.
-They used Japanese gameplay for the trailers during the international directs. Nation-specific directs don't have Smash info.
-Nintendo is very strict about keeping secrets outside of their own employees and their companies, they'd be as strict as much as they want to for something that's supposed to not only generate hype, but also sell systems and save a console.
-Pokemon only slipped due to some retailers deciding it was a great idea to void contracts and nearly get their store closed down.
-Would you really go out of your way to risk your job for something like this given you are indeed a actual Nintendo of Japan employee who gives no care to helping Nintendo sell a console? Or are you just a troll hungry to anger speculators and mislead us?
-There's likely some NOA people that know a lot more about the game than us, most of it likely. But they are also under contracts to keep it secret and not go on website and leak out actual information. If they did they can risk their jobs because this game will be created to sell.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

They don't have to fly her out, just have her record the lines for the pre-filmed trailer and then apply them. And yes, they absolutely could do that, you can have voice actors record dialogue for a scene or trailer before you start the full thing, particularly for advertising reasons. One show I watched didn't have the full marketing trailer dubbed but only select few scenes from a pre-recorded episode, which still had the dialogue end up being changed upon the show's actual release. Also note we don't have any gameplay footage where her English voice acting was used, only the Japanese one and that was for the Developer's Direct.

And Pokémon had the hammer brought down hard on that leaker and I'd expect them to tune up the security after the Palutena incident as well, Nintendo's probably not going to let much more slip until we get closer to release.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's not impossible to assume that the voice over is edited in. They could have been sent the trailer, and all they would have to do at that point would be to put in the voice over. Same could apply for Little Mac's trailer. Or, like BigAxle said, there is the possibility that they could have just had them flown out to Japan. It's not unlikely.

Also please stop trying to use your experience as valid proof. Nintendo might not operate in the same way as the companies you've worked for.

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
Well, unless you just saw the violent onslaught that I used to practically deconfirm the CrimsonDivine leak...
-A playtester leak from a user called CrimsonDivine who claimed he and his brother got to test Smash 4.
-Another leak with a ominous Mr. Hanafuda character.
-An incredibly safe leak that copied another, older leak.
-I believe a leak trying to confirm April's ND reveal? Don't quote me on that one.
-This thread getting derailed and rerailed twice.
you mixed up a crap ton of leaks :ohwell: not cool making me seem like a douche

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
you mixed up a crap ton of leaks :ohwell: not cool making me seem like a douche
I'm not putting anyone in any light on purpose. If I see a leak, my first intention is to debunk it as soon as possible. If I did seemingly put in you in a bad light, my apologies, but I ask you defend yourself if you have a leak and I'm in the middle of logical battery fire rather than just call out names. If you have a leak that you intend to press as legitimate, you must be ready to back it up.

Last edited:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Staff at NOA probably know more than you think. I know a guy who works for Nintendo as a translator, and he's privy to all sorts of information. Nintendo games go to translation about a year before release; I imagine everybody who works for NOA knows most there is to know about Smash Bros. by now.

Before you ask, I don't have any leaks for you.
You should get that friend to tell every leak that's fake. Then again... He'll be there all day. Probably wouldn't do it either.

I wonder what'll happen if someone actually disproves the Palutena leak or the LeakE3

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
It's not impossible to assume that the voice over is edited in. They could have been sent the trailer, and all they would have to do at that point would be to put in the voice over. Same could apply for Little Mac's trailer. Or, like BigAxle said, there is the possibility that they could have just had them flown out to Japan. It's not unlikely.

Also please stop trying to use your experience as valid proof. Nintendo might not operate in the same way as the companies you've worked for.
Nintendo records voice actors in their home countries. Translator staff liaise with developers while the game is still in production.

Most work is done using spreadsheets; lines of Japanese text in one column, fill in the translated text in the next column. Voice actors often don't see the actual work first, and just read from prompts.

You should get that friend to tell every leak that's fake. Then again... He'll be there all day. Probably wouldn't do it either.

I wonder what'll happen if someone actually disproves the Palutena leak or the LeakE3
I suspect he doesn't know much about Smash. It's almost certainly getting translated by NOA; he works for Nintendo Europe.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
NOTE: PLEASE TAKE THIS WITH THE TINIEST GRAIN OF SALT. I SHOULD IN NO WAY BE BLAMED IF THIS INFORMATION TURNS OUT TO BE FALSE OR PARTIALLY MISTAKEN.

Hey, everyone. I'm still fairly new around here but I've made quite a few friends around here. Honest, my best friend in the world (ex-college roommate) recently graduated and earned himself a job over at nintendo! I'm not sure exactly where he works, pretty sure it's semi-important or I don't think I would be relaying the information I am too you. Now, before I let any info loose, I need to confirm that this is NOT COMING FROM ME. It is also highly possible that HE IS MESSING WITH ME since he knows how big of a smash fan I am. He also doesn't have any access to a playable version of smash, but he has seen it in a playable state and confirmed quite a few things for me.

Characters-
[Returning from Melee]
*Mewtwo

[Cut from Brawl]
*Snake
*Old PKMN Trainer
*Wolf
*Two more I couldn't remember what he said :/

[Newcomers- I wrote them down you're all welcome ;)]
*Villager
*Megaman
*WFT
*Rosalina and Luma
*Little Mac
*Chrom and Lucina
*Dixie Kong
*King K. Rool
*Kalos Trainer (Chespin, Braixen, Greninja)
*Ridley
*Shulk
*Palutena
*Pac-Man (Replaces Snake)
*Mii
*Takamaru
*Dillon
EDIT: *Ghirahim

(He claims there is still one more character he doesn't know about?)
EDIT: Nvm seem above.

Stages- *Has only seen a fraction of stages, and only Wii U stages*
[Returning- Revamped!]
*Temple
*Corneria
*Saffron City
*Luigi's Mansion

[New Stages {Wii U}]
*Pokemon Stadium 3 (only saw steel and fairy transformations)
*New Kirby Stage from Triple Deluxe
*New Fire Emblem Stage

Also noted that the music in the game was absolutley gorgeous. And the UI was great, as well. Apparently, the character select screen uses the same backgrounds as the official website does (I was very happy about that!).

Again, grain of salt.
Two Words: Super Fake! There's no way in hell one of the best Pokemon Trainers in history will be replaced with a less popular and new trainer. -_-

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Two Words: Super Fake! There's no way in hell one of the best Pokemon Trainer's in history will be replaced with a less popular and new trainer. -_-
Not a good way to debunk a "leak", honestly. Don't forget what happened to Mewtwo in brawl. He (Lucario) unintentionally replaced Mewtwo because he had a higher priority as a newcomer (even though he was assumed to be less popular); you guys can't apply your own set of logic to what Sakurai may think. The responses you guys are putting out are almost identical to the responses to the 35 roster leak from Brawl's era.

Last edited:

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
I'm not putting anyone in any light on purpose. If I see a leak, my first intention is to debunk it as soon as possible. If I did seemingly put in you in a bad light, my apologies, but I ask you defend yourself if you have a leak and I'm in the middle of logical battery fire rather than just call out names. If you have a leak that you intend to press as legitimate, you must be ready to back it up.
no no i mean that you literally mixed up the leaks in that list my leak is not the brother playtester leak or anything you mixed up usernames and leak information:smash:

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
no no i mean that you literally mixed up the leaks in that list my leak is not the brother playtester leak or anything you mixed up usernames and leak information:smash:
My humblest apologies then. Right, to get back on track... I believe I was dissecting swordbreaker's?

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Two Words: Super Fake! There's no way in hell one of the best Pokemon Trainer's in history will be replaced with a less popular and new trainer. -_-
I could see him getting the boot because Sakurai might want to represent newer gens, but personally I find PT the most iconic of all trainers and the Pokemon he uses to be the most popular/iconic. Like I said earlier though, I'd flip my sh*t if he was cut. If they must cut a Pokemon, cut Jigglypuff.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Two words: Super legit! They would absolutely replace the most overrated trainer in history with a far more interesting and well-designed one. :') Do you see how your argument makes absolutely no sense? The only Pokémon character that will never be replaced is Pikachu, because it is the mascot. Any other can be cut should Sakurai want. That being said, I don't think Red will be replaced by Serena or Calem, if anything I think both would co-exist in the game. Personally, I don't want Red to be cut, I just want Sakurai to make a Leaf alternate skin (with female voice as well, of course). It would be cool if all three starters were in their fully evolved starters this time as well.

Last edited:

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
I agree with this, but I wouldn't be surprised. Call me a "genwunner", but I just think Trainer Red with Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard would be a much better option. Although, I would prefer Blastoise/Venusaur/Charizard.

Other than that, and cutting Snake (one of my Brawl mains), I really do enjoy this newcomer list because of Mewtwo, K. Rool, Ridley, and Pac-Man, as they are my most wanted. I'm hoping for no Brawl cuts, but I'm indifferent to ROB, Jigglypuff, Wolf, and Ice Climbers.

So if this is real good, but it'll be sad to see Red and Snake gone.

D

Deleted member

Both will exist in the game when Sakurai stops giving a **** about the work it takes to make characters and delays the game until two years from now.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I think most people are acting upon that "genwunner" stereotype in justifing Red staying. A lot of leaks cut him for recency purposes, but then there's the fact that all the Gen I starters were almost as promoted as the Gen VI starters as well, which is my personal arguement on why they might stay. Sakurai can take advantage of their publicity and use that rather than make an entirely new trainer with 3 Pokemon movesets.
Both will exist in the game when Sakurai stops giving a **** about the work it takes to make characters and delays the game until two years from now.
Sums it up exactly.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
That's true. Now that's a good reason as to why that Trainer won't get cut this time around, with all of the the promo in X/Y. I'd like this leak to be real but it's almost a roster that would please the fans almost too well. It'd be nice to imagine that with Namco's help they would be able to actually overwhelm us this time around with all of these fan favorites, because that is a lot of newcomers contrary to his statement. It's just that something tells me this time around he will keep his word.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If the leak was real, I can imagine loads of butthurt Pokemon and Metal Gear fans after the game's launch. But I will probably be used to it like Mewtwo's absence from Brawl.

At least the good thing about this leak is that people can't complain about Ridley being a Chariard clone. :troll:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ridley being a Charizard clone? Nah, I want him to be different and not a lazy Pokemon clone. :(
And if that's the only way Ridley gets in? As a clone of Charizard? (which, as far as size and moves are concerned ((which are what makes a clone)), would make sense)

Shroob

Sup?
Am I the only one who thinks this is fake due to the whole "There were two others but I forgot, srry. :\" Aspect of it. A character's removal is kind of a big deal, and if someone told me a character was being removed, I don't know about you, but I'd remember it pretty clearly. Mewtwo's removal in Brawl was kind of a big deal, so I'd think that the Smash community would be a lot more cautious over cuts nowadays and not just 'happen' to forget. Is it R.O.B.? Jigglypuff? Lucas? Ike? Who? Certainly you can't forget that important of info.

Not only that, but if he was able to write down the newcomers, why not the cuts as well?

That being said, if by some quirk of fate this is real, I'm hoping it's not Lucas.

While they may be small nitpicks at first glance, even small things add up to one big, unanswered question.

"If you wrote down the newcomers, why not the cuts too? Cuts are arguably just as important as Newcomers since people who mained said characters in Brawl will now be without said main, and if you know who's out, it'd be in your best interest to tell us now instead of making us wait til the game comes out."

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
IMO, Snake is the likeliest to get cut, but it's not really a certainty that he WILL be cut. It all depends.

As for Pokémon Trainer, my guess is he'll get changed in some way. They will most likely have a Pokémon newcomer, and the trainer takes 3 slots which can be used for more recent Pokémon.

My guess is either the trainer himself stays the same, but he gets mixed Pokémon from different generations or Charizard becomes a stand-alone character and we get a completely new trainer.

Because, we can't lose Charizard... can we? :sadeyes:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
My humblest apologies then. Right, to get back on track... I believe I was dissecting swordbreaker's?
I have no leaks. I was just saying that NoA staff knowing the roster is far more likely than not. They literally have a play testing building for contracting staff that is treated like utter garbage, but they still have one.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Snake and Lucas are practical goners. Earthbound doesn't need 2 reps. Especially if they barely have any differences between one another. Konami and Nintendo aren't the best of friends and Konami isn't supporting them. So why give them free press by keeping Snake? Ike might survive. All other veterans are safe IMO

R.O.B.'s not getting cut. Any roster that cut's R.O,B. is automatically debunked by me. That's just wishful fanboy thinking because there's still butthurt that he was responsible for ruining Brawl. :rolleyes:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I have no leaks. I was just saying that NoA staff knowing the roster is far more likely than not. They literally have a play testing building for contracting staff that is treated like utter garbage, but they still have one.
That's likely the case, honestly if I'm rethinking. They likely do know quite a bit but they likely also have contracts about revealing info and them getting themselves sued if they leak info. And those play testing builds are likely utter garbage, agreed.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
You're mistaking me for trying hard, it's painfully easy to poke holes in your hypocritical logic.
The "first person" is a completely different person than whom you started the argument with, who only asked for the thread as he had not seen any of them before. What i did was point out that you were hiding the whole truth, and you got defensive. I then pointed out how you use the same generalizations that you're combating, in which you just got even more defensive.

I'm on the "not enough evidence for or against the LeakE3" side, but if you want to keep making assumptions, that's fine. Not like anyone's going to stop you.

Oh, and nice job resorting to being petty, really shows how much of an argument you really have.

I wasn't hiding anything, I'm not even sure what what you're getting at there. But whatever. I really don't want to continue the circular argument. You believe it, I don't.

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who thinks this is fake due to the whole "There were two others but I forgot, srry. :\" Aspect of it. A character's removal is kind of a big deal, and if someone told me a character was being removed, I don't know about you, but I'd remember it pretty clearly. Mewtwo's removal in Brawl was kind of a big deal, so I'd think that the Smash community would be a lot more cautious over cuts nowadays and not just 'happen' to forget. Is it R.O.B.? Jigglypuff? Lucas? Ike? Who? Certainly you can't forget that important of info.

Not only that, but if he was able to write down the newcomers, why not the cuts as well?

That being said, if by some quirk of fate this is real, I'm hoping it's not Lucas.

While they may be small nitpicks at first glance, even small things add up to one big, unanswered question.

"If you wrote down the newcomers, why not the cuts too? Cuts are arguably just as important as Newcomers since people who mained said characters in Brawl will now be without said main, and if you know who's out, it'd be in your best interest to tell us now instead of making us wait til the game comes out."
i can honestly just ask him again.

Shroob

Sup?
Snake and Lucas are practical goners. Earthbound doesn't need 2 reps. Especially if they barely have any differences between one another. Konami and Nintendo aren't the best of friends and Konami isn't supporting them. So why give them free press by keeping Snake? Ike might survive. All other veterans are safe IMO

R.O.B.'s not getting cut. Any roster that cut's R.O,B. is automatically debunked by me. That's just wishful fanboy thinking because there's still butthurt that he was responsible for ruining Brawl. :rolleyes:
I'd like to question your hate on Lucas. Outside of their B moves and FS, Ness and Lucas' A moves are about as comparable as Fox and Wolf's, aka completely different. Mother may have 3 games, but Earthbound and Mother 3 are about as different as night and day, and it makes sense to represent both halves of the franchise, one being comically fun and the other depressingly dark. On top of that, more or less everything Mother related in Brawl was Mother 3 based, which, while not much, it shows they put much more work into repping Mother 3 than Earthbound.

If you want to get technical, Star Fox doesn't deserve 3 reps. In theory, it has only 5 games. SNES Star Fox, 64, Assault, Adventure, and Command, and 64 is a remake of the SNES game, so let's say it only has 4 games. Not only that, but it hasn't had a new game since what, 2004? The 3DS port of 64 doesn't count. The franchise is arguably just as dead as Mother.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Earthbound doesn't need 2 reps. Especially if they barely have any differences between one another.
Earthbound may not need 2 reps, but it's not like it's overkill. Lucas was a fine addition.

Unless size or character "porting" time was really much of an issue, why would they remove him?

I just don't see much of a reason cut him, or characters like Wolf, considering Toon Link and Lucario are already confirmed.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Little Mac is sexualized. I'm gay and I wish he was a real person who could _____________. It's about time we got some eye candy for the fishes of the Smash Bros fanbase.

That's all I really have to say on that, though.
What is Snake

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
At this point, I'm going to agree with the others about leaks. Cuts will look suspicious. Sakurai indicated he was looking at ALL characters ever in Smash this time. So Cuts may not be what we think he means.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Remember when Brawl was released, and half of this forum boycotted it for stuff like ROB's inclusion? Those were dark times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom