• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I really don't want Zero Suit back... She is way too over-sexualized and the only reason she was made was for appeal in Japan as Metroid is not as popular over there.

I hope she doesn't come back as some leaks state.
Every female character is over-sexualized everywhere. It happens. It happens to male characters, too.

Get over it already.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
You make good points, but do you really think Nintendo would want to ruin their relationship with Konami even further? It wouldn't look good on their part to refuse to allow Snake to return, and there's no reason for Konami to not want him in, regardless of if they're making games for Nintendo consoles, having Snake in Smash is free advertisement. Nothing good can come out of removing Snake, neither party should want him out. Sakurai also never said that he will have to remove anyone, he said that he might. That's just something obvious he needed to say so people wouldn't be upset if anyone got removed, but with Sonic not delaying this game like he did with Brawl, there's no reason for anyone to be cut. Even so, he made the statement that no one had been cut before he said that there might be cuts, and he can't just ax Snake once he's got the licensing for him, and he wouldn't have implied Snake to be returning unless he already had the licensing beforehand.
Well, that relationship is already crap when Konami announced they have no future plans to support Wii U if at all. And 3DS even with it's near 50 million install base. Konami would love Nintendo pay them licensing fees to use Snake. But Nintendo wouldn't want to pay money out to get a character in their game with seemingly no future on their platform. Why promote a character or franchise that has no chance of being on your platform on the same level or frequency as your competitors? You'd be marketing a product that isn't even on your platform. It's a silly business decision and this is what people fail to realize at this point in time during a really bad gaming industry that looks very depressing (Capcom unable to pay any publishing for even their own games like Dead Rising 3).

Unless miraculously Nintendo and Konami has some agreement to get MGSV on Wii U or some MGS title on their platform, I don't see Snake returning. Because then they'd have a real reason to have Snake be represented in their game from a 3rd party whose backed off from Nintendo's platforms.

Having Snake is Smash 4 isn't free advertisement for Nintendo. It's free advertisement for Konami, Microsoft, Sony and their respective platforms. That is REALLY poor marketing when you're trying to convince people to buy your platform, Wii U, that has been struggling since it debuted in 2012.

Do you think Smash 4 will lose 2 million in sales if Snake is removed? I don't think so. Even if Snake wasn't in Brawl, it still would have sold the numbers it did. Nintendo doesn't NEED Snake to have Smash Bros sell. They have Mega Man now which is as iconic as Snake.

Snake in the Smash Bros world is mostly popular with the competitive players in which I'm sure the majority don't care about the character or MGS outside of Smash Bros with the majority of players' mentality of "main the BEST character with the best matchups".

Last edited:

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
She is way too over-sexualized and the only reason she was made was for appeal in Japan as Metroid is not as popular over there.
People like you are the reason we cannot have nice things. Everyone gets a trophy, nobody loses mentality. It's Samus wearing a blue suit that doesn't even look hot. I could see if you were talking about a dead or alive beach volleyball character not being in smash. Zero suit Samus? Too sexy? C'mon.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
If I remember correctly, I think I read an interview where Sakurai states that he'd like to bring back old retro characters. So I can see why Takamaru is on a lot of leaks, but there are a lot of other retro characters that could take his spot. Personally, I don't really want him, but I wouldn't complain(well maybe a little XD). I consider Little Mac a retro character even though his appearance is based off the Wii-make.
Interesting, I didn't know Mario could be considered a retro character.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I really don't want Zero Suit back... She is way too over-sexualized and the only reason she was made was for appeal in Japan as Metroid is not as popular over there.

Yet leaks list bayonetta...

Anyway back to reggie he very well could get in although unlikely. Everyone seems to want a special character only smash has, then why not reggie? Nintendo themselves reconigizied the petition and said it's a possibility, granted they could be messing with us. Plus reggie would sell so much more then you would think because how ridiculous of a character he would be. It's sort of in the human psyche that ridiculous sells it's worked in the past. While unlikely it's possible. Anyway i am looking over the rumors now for what the final list could be. I'll post it in a few.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight

That's actually a pretty bad reason for not wanting a character, especially considering that Samus has gone without her power suit since the original game. The Zero Suit is just a consistent design for her now.

And Samus is over-sexualized? Have you seen Bayonetta? Now that's over-sexualization! What Nintendo is doing with Samus isn't even up to the levels of what Team Ninja does in the Dead Or Alive series, let alone Bayonetta.

But I digress.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't know if I'd call ZSS over-sexualized as she has be displayed in far more revealing apperances in the past.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
No one should seriously consider Reggie a possibility. C'mon, knock it off guys.

BTW, any new leaks thata are actually worthwhile? :p

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
If we're going that route, making Other M Ridley the hazard would make more sense. The Other M Ridley is a clone of the original Ridley, which would make it possible for regular Ridley to appear as a playable character. Meanwhile Meta Ridley is the same Ridley as the original one, so it'd make less sense to include him as the hazard, especially in a Other M stage.

Also, regarding Angry Rumor v2: SR388 would be such a wicked cool stage. I never believed the leak to begin with though, and I believe this second coming of it even less since it's probably not even the same person.
No one should seriously consider Reggie a possibility. C'mon, knock it off guys.

BTW, any new leaks thata are actually worthwhile? :p
Actually i do not mind pepole suggesting Reggie..he could work in a Smash Bros game

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Honestly, I've seen far worse (like Bayonetta or anyone from DoA).
Well yea... compared to anything DoA is over-sexualized to the point of obsurity to the point where the laws of physics and capilities of the human body don't exist.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's actually a pretty bad reason for not wanting a character, especially considering that Samus has gone without her power suit since the original game. The Zero Suit is just a consistent design for her now.

And Samus is over-sexualized? Have you seen Bayonetta? Now that's over-sexualization! What Nintendo is doing with Samus isn't even up to the levels of what Team Ninja does in the Dead Or Alive series, let alone Bayonetta.

But I digress.
Agreed. Anyway here is the list(excluding who we have seen already)

Girhiam(or tingle), crankey kong or dixie, palutea and maybe hades, e gadd, crhom and lucina as a pair, mii, pac man, dillion, mewtwo, knuckle jjoe kamek and one more oddball character.Thoughts?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Eh guys, can we kinda move on from discussing certain female characters questionable designs and get back to discussing rumours and leaks please?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
cry me a river and get over it because ZSS will return.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I haven't been on this fourm for a couple of hours..has there been any updates when regarding rumors. Also Zero Suit Samus is going to return..

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Little Mac is sexualized. I'm gay and I wish he was a real person who could _____________. It's about time we got some eye candy for the fishes of the Smash Bros fanbase.

That's all I really have to say on that, though.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Most people use him as the retro character and just leave it off at that in most of the leaks, because I'm pretty sure most people don't want another retro after him and then they fill of the rest of the newcomer list with popular newcomers. :smirk:
I think we'll see more retros in the roster, but not too many of them though.
Honestly, I feel like there are a decent number of retro characters presented. R.O.B, G&W, Ice Climbers, and Pit(back in brawl days, I think he had like 2 games). I personally find Little Mac to be a Retro rep so I would add him to the list and Sakurai stated that he wanted to keep Megaman as classic as possible. I'm not against adding more Retro reps, but I think one or possibly two more reps would be fine. I don't discredit leaks when I see Takamaru, but I think he's not a "Show-in" like most people would believe.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
The new leaks are just terrible. I seriously hope "Toon Zelda" is never a thing.

I mean, how much more redundant can Zelda characters in Smash get? 3 Links and now 2 Zeldas with 2 transformations? Screw that, I'd rather have Ghirahim, and I hate him.

Little Mac is sexualized. I'm gay and I wish he was a real person who could _____________. It's about time we got some eye candy for the fishes of the Smash Bros fanbase.
LOL, I dunno if I'd consider him "sexualized" but he's certainly ripped. And hot. :love:

So yeah, he's definitely a nice change from the usual Smash characters in regards to eye candy. Now let's hope Ike comes back. :awesome:

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Irggh? What leak are we talking about right now?
I don't know, but it might be better to have one before this thread turns into the next RPDT.
Any good rumors lately? I think that Tester leak is practically DCed because no one in their sane (or insane, for that matter!) mind would risk their job in this economy. Furthermore, Nintendo would officially announce events such as that.

SHAMELESS PLUG:
CHARACTER DISCUSSION GOES IN THE OFFICIAL CHARACTER DISCUSSION THREAD.
ANYTHING ELSE NONLEAK RELATED SHOULD HEAD TO THE SOCIAL TOPIC, KAY?
THIS IS A THREAD FOR LEAKS AND RUMORS. DON'T LET THIS THREAD GET LOCKED UP!

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Honestly, I feel like there are a decent number of retro characters presented. R.O.B, G&W, Ice Climbers, and Pit(back in brawl days, I think he had like 2 games). I personally find Little Mac to be a Retro rep so I would add him to the list and Sakurai stated that he wanted to keep Megaman as classic as possible. I'm not against adding more Retro reps, but I think one or possibly two more reps would be fine. I don't discredit leaks when I see Takamaru, but I think he's not a "Show-in" like most people would believe.
TBH, with the direction going different this time, I don't see a reason why should have enough retros. I feel that this time he's going to add retros for the potential of the franchise could have, I still see the importance to continue reviving characters for generations to come.

Most of the discussion I see isn't rumour or leak, it's character discussion. We kinda need to not do that in this thread...
What do you guys think the character that the "leaker" (whom had Hanafuda on his wish list) was referring to. The newcomer was said to cause controversy, and I could think of a few ones.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
What do you guys think the character that the "leaker" (whom had Hanafuda on his wish list) was referring to. The newcomer was said to cause controversy, and I could think of a few ones.
I talked about this leak before and my thoughts mostly remain the same.
-The leaker was referring to likely Daitoryo (the card that is similar to Napoleon's likeness.
-I assume the leaker who wrote this is a member from Smashboards (a lot of people from the boards I know are doing this lately and it angers me, I wish people wouldn't do this) as Daitoryo in of itself has little support or recognition outside of this here website.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
I tend to believe the Pacman rumors. A few months after the game was announced, a lot of different Danish gaming stores (I live in Denmark; coolshop, cdon, Fona and more) started taking preorders for the game and curiously enough; they all used the same cover for the game - a really bad mashup with four different pictures from Google and a text that read "Smash Bros". But the cool thing was, the four characters that appeared on the cover was Mario and Pacman in the front, and in the back was Pit and some guy from the "Tales of" series. I havent played the series, but always though it was curious they would all use the same fake cover art; as if someone had hinted what the game would be like. This must have been like a year and a half ago, so I seriously doubt it but nonetheless - it's an interesting discussion. What do you guys think?
In the interest of getting away from the current conversation, can anybody confirm this?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I don't know, but it might be better to have one before this thread turns into the next RPDT.
Any good rumors lately? I think that Tester leak is practically DCed because no one in their sane (or insane, for that matter!) mind would risk their job in this economy. Furthermore, Nintendo would officially announce events such as that.

SHAMELESS PLUG:
CHARACTER DISCUSSION GOES IN THE OFFICIAL CHARACTER DISCUSSION THREAD.
ANYTHING ELSE NONLEAK RELATED SHOULD HEAD TO THE SOCIAL TOPIC, KAY?
THIS IS A THREAD FOR LEAKS AND RUMORS. DON'T LET THIS THREAD GET LOCKED UP!
PLEASE. We need more leaks...

This isn't a social thread, people.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
PLEASE. We need more leaks...

This isn't a social thread, people.
Another thing I'd like to emulate from the moderators, and that's to not create leaks and talk about it here to generate discussion or cure boredom. Not only will you recieve warnings and infractions but it exactly won't look good upon the Smashboards community. If you do wish to talk about leak creation keep it to the PMs or outside the boards, people. If you think that is going to fix the thread up, it will not.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Two guys talks about the "until now fictional" Smash Bros 3DS demo in DKC:TF Events in two different cities ?
That's the only rumor really tricking me.

Anyone else talks about this demo or whatever ?

But my major concern is : WHY should Nintendo do it? Small groups, before E3... just for Hype a bunch of players ?
That's the only problem really tricking me.

(Palutena is in the game someway, that's obvious.)

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Two guys talks about the "until now fictional" Smash Bros 3DS demo in DKC:TF Events in two different cities ?
That's the only rumor really tricking me.

Anyone else talks about this demo or whatever ?

But my major concern is : WHY should Nintendo do it? Small groups, before E3... just for Hype a bunch of players ?
That's the only problem really tricking me.

(Palutena is in the game someway, that's obvious.)
That's the thing. Nintendo is not that kind of company to have overtly secret and selective spur of the moment demos for the public, especially for Smash. Remember when Brawl had that one demo at that event? They advertised it like crazy. They do that with any and all demos they have at places, for them to change ideals in a matter of months is too plausible to happen.

And yes, Palutena is a lock for appearing someway in the game other than a statue, that's a safe thought.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman

But I digress.
I mean seriously, if anyone's over-sexualized It's Snake! See?

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I mean seriously, if anyone's over-sexualized It's Snake! See?
If this discussion is going to continue, fair warning that you may recieve a warning or two like many have before you. If you want to take this to a more appropriate and less strict thread, go to the Social Topic. I'm sorry, but I don't want to have another discussion thread get locked up and redone again.

Seriously. First RPDT, then Miiverse, I don't want this next.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I will go just a little off-topic to a single question:
There will problably be a demo in E3. You know if any Top-professional player is going to attend to give us serious gameplay information?
A man like ... M2k xD ?

All that "ErenJager" stuff is nice, but too superficial. Anyway I'm wishing is true, cause I sympathized with him.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Any new leaks....

-sees thread-

That being said, don't encourage anyone to try and make fake leaks to make conversation. There's other threads to just talk about random discussion.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Can somebody repost the crimson leak? A few people were asking about it. Also, did anyone happen to see that Ghirahim pic with him shooting a red projectile thingy?
Edit: nvm about the pic, it was a fan made mockup for moveset potential.

Last edited:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
What happened to the topic of this thread?! :crazy:

I'm just going to quietly stay underground until this tomfoolery gets back on track. :dizzy:
To get this back on track...
I think that all the leaks pertaining a beta test at the DK event is fake. Reasons have already been stated, like why would they do it at a Smash event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom