• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hi everybody. I don't like being the guy that everyone hates on for trolling, but I'm here to bring you information I have recently received from my older brother, who play tests at various companies. He recently play tested Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS, and told me the following. Although I would not fully believe everything I'm about to leak, keep these in mind as following information of Smash Bros is revealed. In the event that my brother was just f**king with me, I am deeply sorry.

He confirmed that the following characters from Brawl are cut:
-Wolf
-Snake
-ROB
-Ike
-Kanto Trainer

The following (as of now) unrevealed veterans are in the game:
-Yoshi
-Wario
-Ganondorf
-Zero Suit Samus
-Ice Climbers
-Meta Knight
-Ness
-Lucas
-Captain Falcon
-Falco
-Jigglypuff
-Mr. Game and Watch

And for everyone's favorite part, the newcomers:
-As previously confirmed, Villager, Little Mac, Rosalina and Luma, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mega Man are all playable.
-Lady Palutena from Kid Icarus Uprising is in the game, and from what he says is a great character.
-Toon Zelda and Tetra are playable. Toon Zelda is pretty much a carbon copy of Zelda, Tetra has very basic moves.
-Waluigi and Bowser Jr. are playable. Waluigi's moves are based on the sports games, while Bowser Jr.'s seem more coming from Mario Sunshine. Bowser Jr.'s final smash has him turn into Shadow Mario, a la Zero Suit Samus.
-Professor E. Gadd from Luigi's Mansion is playable. His moves involve the Poltergust, and other various items from Dark Moon.
-Kanto Trainer is replaced with May from Pokemon Emerald, clad in the special green clothing. Her team is Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken.
-Mewtwo returns, and his Final Smash involves Mega Evolution, although it is random whether he becomes Mega Mewtwo X or Y.
-Zoroark is brand-new, and has a move set that differs from Lucario and Mewtwo. His dashing puts him on all fours, which is really interesting. His Final Smash swaps the players except for him, which becomes extremely confusing for everyone.
-The Mii is playable. Its moves are customizable, which means it can have Mario's Fireball and Jigglypuff's Sing or whatever you'd like. Its default moves are based off of the "Wii Sports" games.
-Takamaru is in the game, and uses many sword-based moves. My brother's not too familiar with his series, so he didn't talk much about him.
-Thanks to the petition, Reggie is added to the game, although he is not finalized yet, and he is only in beta. His attacks seem to use Nintendo accessories, such as the Zapper and the Wiimote and Nunchuck. His graphics are apparently very cartoony, not too hyper-realistic.
-Warioware, Metroid, Yoshi, Earthbound, F-Zero, Kirby, Star Fox, and Sonic receive no new characters.
-Pac-Man is playable. His moves are very…modern, and his Final Smash turns all the characters blue and makes him into his "original" form.
That's all my brother knows about characters. For other things…

-Similar to Star Fox and the previous Metal Gear Solid, you can communicate with gods and other characters of the Kid Icarus universe on Kid Icarus stages during battle. The banter is apparently funny and includes all of the actors from Uprising.
-Adventure Mode is similar to Melee, though the bosses vary based on what series/character you play as. For example, DK fights King K. Rool, Luigi and E.Gadd fight King Boo, Mario fights Giga Bowser, etc.
-There is a Kid Icarus stage on both consoles. The Wii U version is Palutena's Temple, while the 3DS version is based off of the "Viridi, Goddess of Nature" chapter.
-Pokemon Stadium 3 is on the Wii U version. It includes a forest that features Fairy-types and Grass-types, as well as a mountain that includes Heliolisk and Noivern, and some stage that includes Ferrothorn. The 3DS Pokemon stage is Lumiose City, with appearances by Diggersby, Furfrou, and others.
-Pokemon that appear from Pokeballs include Xerneas, Hawlucha, Gliscor, and Avalugg.

That is all my brother has given me. Hope you guys enjoy.
The inclusion of Toon Zelda makes me think he lied about having unique characters, I don't really like this one. :/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hi everybody. I don't like being the guy that everyone hates on for trolling, but I'm here to bring you information I have recently received from my older brother, who play tests at various companies. He recently play tested Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS, and told me the following. Although I would not fully believe everything I'm about to leak, keep these in mind as following information of Smash Bros is revealed. In the event that my brother was just f**king with me, I am deeply sorry.

He confirmed that the following characters from Brawl are cut:
-Wolf
-Snake
-ROB
-Ike
-Kanto Trainer

The following (as of now) unrevealed veterans are in the game:
-Yoshi
-Wario
-Ganondorf
-Zero Suit Samus
-Ice Climbers
-Meta Knight
-Ness
-Lucas
-Captain Falcon
-Falco
-Jigglypuff
-Mr. Game and Watch

And for everyone's favorite part, the newcomers:
-As previously confirmed, Villager, Little Mac, Rosalina and Luma, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mega Man are all playable.
-Lady Palutena from Kid Icarus Uprising is in the game, and from what he says is a great character.
-Toon Zelda and Tetra are playable. Toon Zelda is pretty much a carbon copy of Zelda, Tetra has very basic moves.
-Waluigi and Bowser Jr. are playable. Waluigi's moves are based on the sports games, while Bowser Jr.'s seem more coming from Mario Sunshine. Bowser Jr.'s final smash has him turn into Shadow Mario, a la Zero Suit Samus.
-Professor E. Gadd from Luigi's Mansion is playable. His moves involve the Poltergust, and other various items from Dark Moon.
-Kanto Trainer is replaced with May from Pokemon Emerald, clad in the special green clothing. Her team is Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken.
-Mewtwo returns, and his Final Smash involves Mega Evolution, although it is random whether he becomes Mega Mewtwo X or Y.
-Zoroark is brand-new, and has a move set that differs from Lucario and Mewtwo. His dashing puts him on all fours, which is really interesting. His Final Smash swaps the players except for him, which becomes extremely confusing for everyone.
-The Mii is playable. Its moves are customizable, which means it can have Mario's Fireball and Jigglypuff's Sing or whatever you'd like. Its default moves are based off of the "Wii Sports" games.
-Takamaru is in the game, and uses many sword-based moves. My brother's not too familiar with his series, so he didn't talk much about him.
-Thanks to the petition, Reggie is added to the game, although he is not finalized yet, and he is only in beta. His attacks seem to use Nintendo accessories, such as the Zapper and the Wiimote and Nunchuck. His graphics are apparently very cartoony, not too hyper-realistic.
-Warioware, Metroid, Yoshi, Earthbound, F-Zero, Kirby, Star Fox, and Sonic receive no new characters.
-Pac-Man is playable. His moves are very…modern, and his Final Smash turns all the characters blue and makes him into his "original" form.
That's all my brother knows about characters. For other things…

-Similar to Star Fox and the previous Metal Gear Solid, you can communicate with gods and other characters of the Kid Icarus universe on Kid Icarus stages during battle. The banter is apparently funny and includes all of the actors from Uprising.
-Adventure Mode is similar to Melee, though the bosses vary based on what series/character you play as. For example, DK fights King K. Rool, Luigi and E.Gadd fight King Boo, Mario fights Giga Bowser, etc.
-There is a Kid Icarus stage on both consoles. The Wii U version is Palutena's Temple, while the 3DS version is based off of the "Viridi, Goddess of Nature" chapter.
-Pokemon Stadium 3 is on the Wii U version. It includes a forest that features Fairy-types and Grass-types, as well as a mountain that includes Heliolisk and Noivern, and some stage that includes Ferrothorn. The 3DS Pokemon stage is Lumiose City, with appearances by Diggersby, Furfrou, and others.
-Pokemon that appear from Pokeballs include Xerneas, Hawlucha, Gliscor, and Avalugg.

That is all my brother has given me. Hope you guys enjoy.
At LEAST try and make it believable man. :rolleyes: 0/10

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
To me any leak with E.Gadd is fake and from SmashBoards, I made the first support thread, since it sinked deep people from here made threads without knowing there was already one and it was bumped once. Plus, it sometimes goes like "X is the first to leak character, character is suddenly part of Y, Z and everybody else's leak."

And so far, everytime this happened, they were all fake.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Frack logic and reason. Summer to me is May. It begins in May. :troll:
Forget your logic, and think about mine. My birthday is June 21st, which means summer is June 21st. Mother Nature gives me summer every year for my birthday present. :troll:

And to the betternet "leak", I seriously doubt they would cut 4 brawl newcomers, considering only one is sort of a semi-clone.
(also Krystal=fake)
(trololo)

Last edited:

Dairz

Smash Ace
Any leak with Isaac, Ghirahim, and Krystal, you know this is a selfish popular character roster and it feels very fake to me. Not that I have anything against them.
Nailed it. I doubt Star Fox will ever get another newcomer, I can see it just being Fox/Falco/Wolf for every smash game.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
This thread exists and we post on it because we are all too impatient to wait for the game to come out.:rotfl: That goes for me too!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
These boards exist for that reason. That said, this isn't the thread you should post on just to pass the time. That goes for everyone, not just Smashoperatingbuddy.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I'd also like to remind everyone that before the Palutena leak, this thread was actually used as a thread to discuss rumors and leaks, not as a second general discussion forum (hard to believe, I know). There are plenty of other threads to make jokes. When you have to filter through pages and pages of triviality to see what the most recent rumors are, there's a problem.

Anyway, CrimsonDivine's "leaked" roster is easily the best one we've had. It must be fake. Getting BOTH K. Rool and Dixie? Sakurai could never be that kind. Not to mention it employs the whole "I'll try to sound legitimate by laying heavily on the cuts," when that most certainly won't be the case from everything we've seen. Leakers love "m-muh patterns," when in reality, the cuts from Melee to Brawl can't be extrapolated to anything from now on. The scenarios are way too different.

EDIT: Also, the only people who actually take Reggie in Smash seriously are ridiculously out of touch Americans. I'm an American, and I even think the internet icon that Reggie's become is amusing. However, regardless of whether or not you think it would be an egregious insult for him to be playable (it would), if you think that Sakurai gives a flying **** about a glorified salesman from halfway around the world, you're delusional.

Last edited:

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
That guys Reggie leak made me die laughing.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Reggie isn't happening. :p
Though he would be very unique as a character, he's in the same boat as Nester and Mike Jones, never to be discovered by Sakurai.
I'd also like to remind everyone that before the Palutena leak, this thread was actually used as a thread to discuss rumors and leaks, not as a second general discussion forum (hard to believe, I know). There are plenty of other threads to make jokes. When you have to filter through pages and pages of triviality to see what the most recent rumors are, there's a problem.

Anyway, CrimsonDivine's "leaked" roster is easily the best one we've had. It must be fake. Getting BOTH K. Rool and Dixie? Sakurai could never be that kind. Not to mention it employs the whole "I'll try to sound legitimate by laying heavily on the cuts," when that most certainly won't be the case from everything we've seen. Leakers love "m-muh patterns," when in reality, the cuts from Melee to Brawl can't be extrapolated to anything from now on. The scenarios are way too different.
I actually liked it when it was quiet here, now I'm forced to catch up with the discussion with 10 loads of pages. :/

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'll agree with you on the cut characters part, but on the other hand I hate when people automatically dismiss leaks because they are "too good to be true" and thereby count them as fake without a second thought. Yes there is merit in being skeptical of every leak that passes through, especially ones with huge rosters (not counting obvious fakes mind you).

But on the other hand it seems foolish to completely deny something based on the fact that it looks so wonderful. It's understandable to keep such hopes at arm's length to ward off potential disappointment when the day of reckoning arrives, if the pre-Brawl period was anything to go by, but nonetheless we shouldn't just discard each and every plausible outcome that suggests to grant our deepest (reasonable) desires.

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
I never believe any leak with that Takamakarakaru guy in it, simply because I have a hard time remembering who he is.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
That whole brother leak- I doubt he'd give anyone ANY information as a game tester. He'd be voiding a possible NDA which could lead to some serious consequences. Smashboards isn't a Neogaf, IGN or whatever, but the fact that you'd post those bits of information could lead to serious repercussions if they were true or not. Honestly, if my brother or someone I know shared information with me, I wouldn't think to go online and post anything just because I wouldn't want them to lose their "job" or have something bad happen to them.

Sounds extreme, sure, but there are other obvious reasons why that "leak" you shared has to be false. Reggie? In Smash Bros? Sorry, as much as I do like the guy, it isn't going to happen. At best, you can play him as a Mii. And a possible Mii reveal trailer may involve Shigeru, Sakurai, Iwata and Reggie. That's the closest possibility.

Also, the characters cut don't make any lick of sense. ROB especially. ROB, G&W and WFT fall in the same catergory. They're originate from Nintendo's products that either are peripherals or came with one. They also represent pivotal moments in Nintendo's history. During the video game crash, no one was interested in gaming any more. Toys were popular. Nintendo's marketing strategy was to sell ROB (a toy), that came WITH a gaming console (NES), at first, exclusive to Toys R Us up in New York. From there, it took off and eventually we saw Super Mario Bros and the better and best games over time. ROB represents that.

G&W is what started Nintendo's move into the handheld gaming industry. I'm not aware of how popular those games were, but no doubt were Nintendo's handhelds were inspired by the simplicity that was the G&W series, spanning Gameboy games called G&W Gallery featuring Mario characters with 4 installments. The DS is strikingly similar to several G&W toys with dual screens. And also, G&W appeared in Melee to pay tribute to a man who passed away in a fatal car crash in Japan who worked on the failure that was the Virtual Boy and I think Metroid(?).

Now, Wii Fit Trainer. The popularity of Wii Fit was immense back in 2008-2009. It pushed sales of the Wii console to levels Nintendo was not really anticipating but were confident due to casuals eating up their Wii series games. WFT represents that pivotal moment in Nintendo's fortunes. Based all on that Balance board, a peripheral. Although I don't think WFT has as much impact as say, Mr. Game & Watch, I do believe those 3 fall in the same level of choice when it comes to choice of characters to appear in Smash Bros.

I don't agree with Ike's removal due to the games he appeared in being popular here in the west and how he's known to be really likeable.

Snake. Obvious. Nintendo and Konami aren't the same great partners they used to be back in 2005. Konami seems disinterested in working on Wii U and seemingly 3DS (they seem to be moving more towards the sports industry) and I doubt Nintendo would pay out to license a character whose next game is not going to be on their console even though their Wii U is totally capable of getting a MGSV port. From a business standpoint- "We're not paying to promote a 3rd party product that won't be available for any of our platforms." Snake has a great chance to be cut.

Wolf? Nope. I think he's still in. Please keep in mind that despite the BS Sakurai spoke about making the game from the ground up, in 2012, he openly admitted that they're using Brawl's assets as a starting point and it is excruciatingly that this is the case. Character animations are all but the same. Models and meshes look unchanged. They have touched up characters like Bowser and Pit for moveset purposes. But Samus, Link, Mario, etc share the same idle animations they do in Brawl. Look at how Smash 64, Melee and Brawl are different. Smash 4 looks like Brawl with HD visuals and touch ups. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but what I'm trying to get at is that character assets and models are ported to Smash 4 (similar to Melee -> Brawl) but it looks like they ported the whole game of Brawl and worked from there. I also see no real reason to cut Wolf. Popularity?

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't discount a leak just because of some weird character. I would never have believed Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, or the like had I not have seen them.

There will almost assuredly be an oddball in this game, and it's not Wii Fit Trainer.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Snake. Obvious. Nintendo and Konami aren't the same great partners they used to be back in 2005. Konami seems disinterested in working on Wii U and seemingly 3DS (they seem to be moving more towards the sports industry) and I doubt Nintendo would pay out to license a character whose next game is not going to be on their console even though their Wii U is totally capable of getting a MGSV port. From a business standpoint- "We're not paying to promote a 3rd party product that won't be available for any of our platforms." Snake has a great chance to be cut.
I agreed heavily with everything you said until you reached Snake, Nintendo and Konami are in the same place they were before, Snake only had one big GameCube game before Brawl, and now he's only got a 3DS game, both were ports. Sakurai already fought to get Snake in the game, because his friend Kojima asked him to. Remember, Kojima is the one who has control over Snake, not Konami as a whole, if he wants Snake in Smash then Konami can't stop him. Since Snake was already in Brawl, there's no real reason for Nintendo to want him out, or they wouldn't have allowed it in the first place. Sakurai also made one statement to the affect of "no characters have been cut so far," and to me that sounds like everyone is at least planned, including Snake. If he's planning Snake to be in the game, he's obviously already gotten the licensing for him and gone through the work to put him in, and once he's done that, he can't just cut him, due to his third party status.

Last edited:

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
Y'know, take what Sakurai says with a grain of salt. If he says that characters will be cut and no story mode will be back then I actually won't believe him until the game is released. Developers always lie about their projects. Hell, Mori (the developer of BlazBlue) said that he wouldn't have any DLC characters for the latest installment and the game already had 2 DLC characters in the first month of it's release.
Moral of the story?
Never trust a Japanese developer.

MathiasBS

Smash Rookie
Hi, I haven't posted anything here ever but have been following the leak threads since Brawl.
A while back someone posted a "leak", claiming that Sakurai had left a hint to upcoming characters in each trailer and people briefly discussed the Punch Out stage. However, I don't think anyone has talked about the arcade machine in Little Mac's reveal trailer yet, and the picture posted on smashbros.com where Mac is fighting Donkey Kong on that exact same arcade machine. I think, if we are to discuss the "trailer-hinting leak", it would be interesting to discuss if this could be a reference to... Pacman? I know I know; Nintendo had their fair share of characters appear on arcade machines too, there was even a VS Punch Out system, but Nintendo characters are mostly know from their homeconsole counterparts (except the original Donkey Kong), so I just thought who's the king of the arcade? Pacman!

I tend to believe the Pacman rumors. A few months after the game was announced, a lot of different Danish gaming stores (I live in Denmark; coolshop, cdon, Fona and more) started taking preorders for the game and curiously enough; they all used the same cover for the game - a really bad mashup with four different pictures from Google and a text that read "Smash Bros". But the cool thing was, the four characters that appeared on the cover was Mario and Pacman in the front, and in the back was Pit and some guy from the "Tales of" series. I havent played the series, but always though it was curious they would all use the same fake cover art; as if someone had hinted what the game would be like. This must have been like a year and a half ago, so I seriously doubt it but nonetheless - it's an interesting discussion. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
I agreed heavily with everything you said until you reached Snake, Nintendo and Konami are in the same place they were before, Snake only had one big GameCube game before Brawl, and now he's only got a 3DS game, both were ports. Sakurai already fought to get Snake in the game, because his friend Kojima asked him to. Remember, Kojima is the one who has control over Snake, not Konami as a whole, if he wants Snake in Smash then Konami can't stop him. Since Snake was already in Brawl, there's no real reason for Nintendo to want him out, or they wouldn't have allowed it in the first place. Sakurai also made one statement to the affect of "no characters have been cut so far," and to me that sounds like everyone is at least planned, including Snake. If he's planning Snake to be in the game, he's obviously already gotten the licensing for him and gone through the work to put him in, and once he's done that, he can't just cut him, due to his third party status.
Smartest thing I have read on here since people stopped trying to debunk the Palutena leak.

MathiasBS

Smash Rookie
As were Donkey Kong, Mario Bros., etc. I don't think it's likely, but certainly a possibility.

Welcome to the site, nonetheless.
Thanks! I accidentally deleted half my post, but it's there now. Read the Denmark part, it's interesting! :)

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Konami went on record saying they were not happy with how they performed during the Wii generation. And as far as I'm concerned, Kojima Productions were not credited in Brawl. It was Konami Digital Entertainment. Konami has full intellectual rights over Snake and the MGS properties, not Kojima. It's like Mr. Inafune. Yes, he's the creator of Mega Man and had involvement with the games and direction, but he did not have rights to the property. Konami is a publisher and owns the MGS series. Kojima Productions are developers for that franchise.

And do you know how poorly that 3DS game performed? That solidified Konami pulling out of 3DS and subsequently Wii U. Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate pushed them even further- even Mecurysteam went on to say "The days of 2D Castlevania are over"- which to me, hints that Konami has no interest in pursuing 2D Castlevania games at the moment or the forseeable future (which those games were premier titles on Nintendo handhelds).

Back when Brawl was in development, Nintendo and Konami had a stable relationship- even making a DDR game featuring Mario (DDR Mario Mix). The two had a sustained healthy business relationship. Compare Konami to several Japanese publishers. There's a stark difference between Nintendo and Capcom, Bamco, Square-Enix, SEGA, etc.

An immense difference. Sakurai is just the director. He HAS to go to Nintendo first to request any funding for any licensing and Konami and Nintendo both have to agree in some form. Snake is a 3rd party character. He isn't as prioritized in negotiations as even the Pokemon characters where Sakurai said himself that he had to work with The Pokemon Company International to get OKAYs for which Pokemon to represent even though they are a subsidiary of Nintendo.

Konami can stop Kojima's request of wanting Snake in the next Smash because they have sole rights to the IP. Nintendo can rebuke the request as they see fit from a business stand point. Brawl was in development at the end of 2005- where Nintendo and Konami, like I said times before, had a healthy relationship. It's 2014 and things have changed dramatically. They allowed Snake because back in 2001, he was originally requested. And because of that relationship, Nintendo and Konami must have come to some agreement to allow Sakurai to implement Snake into Smash Bros Brawl. It wasn't Sakurai and Kojima negotiating. It was Nintendo and Konami. Sakurai and Kojima worked together to make Snake work in the game (Kojima had a hand in working on the stage of Shadow Moses Isle).

And although Sakurai said something to the effect of "No one has been cut", he also said "It pains me to cut anyone out because I know I'm going to have to and it may disappoint people to see their favorites go". I also believe he talked about Sonic and Snake's inclusion in Brawl and how it's going to be like in Smash 4 where people shouted "Sonic and Snake are not coming back!" because of how he said it.

Do I want Snake to leave? No. If he returns, he needs a HEAVY rework, but that's about it.

But it's not up to Kojima and Sakurai. It's Nintendo and Konami. People fail to understand that Sora Ltd. isn't paying for development costs, publishing or licensing. It's Nintendo. Anyone with a sense of how game development or the gaming industry works should know this.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Don't discount a leak just because of some weird character. I would never have believed Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, or the like had I not have seen them.

There will almost assuredly be an oddball in this game, and it's not Wii Fit Trainer.
I cracked up laghing first time I played G&W. That leak is definitely fake. Back air snapping turtle ain't going nowhere!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
If I remember correctly, I think I read an interview where Sakurai states that he'd like to bring back old retro characters. So I can see why Takamaru is on a lot of leaks, but there are a lot of other retro characters that could take his spot. Personally, I don't really want him, but I wouldn't complain(well maybe a little XD). I consider Little Mac a retro character even though his appearance is based off the Wii-make.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
If I remember correctly, I think I read an interview where Sakurai states that he'd like to bring back old retro characters. So I can see why Takamaru is on a lot of leaks, but there are a lot of other retro characters that could take his spot. Personally, I don't really want him, but I wouldn't complain(well maybe a little XD). I consider Little Mac a retro character even though his appearance is based off the Wii-make.
Most people use him as the retro character and just leave it off at that in most of the leaks, because I'm pretty sure most people don't want another retro after him and then they fill of the rest of the newcomer list with popular newcomers. :smirk:
I think we'll see more retros in the roster, but not too many of them though.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Konami can stop Kojima's request of wanting Snake in the next Smash because they have sole rights to the IP. Nintendo can rebuke the request as they see fit from a business stand point. Brawl was in development at the end of 2005- where Nintendo and Konami, like I said times before, had a healthy relationship. It's 2014 and things have changed dramatically. They allowed Snake because back in 2001, he was originally requested. And because of that relationship, Nintendo and Konami must have come to some agreement to allow Sakurai to implement Snake into Smash Bros Brawl. It wasn't Sakurai and Kojima negotiating. It was Nintendo and Konami. Sakurai and Kojima worked together to make Snake work in the game (Kojima had a hand in working on the stage of Shadow Moses Isle).

And although Sakurai said something to the effect of "No one has been cut", he also said "It pains me to cut anyone out because I know I'm going to have to and it may disappoint people to see their favorites go". I also believe he talked about Sonic and Snake's inclusion in Brawl and how it's going to be like in Smash 4 where people shouted "Sonic and Snake are not coming back!" because of how he said it.
You make good points, but do you really think Nintendo would want to ruin their relationship with Konami even further? It wouldn't look good on their part to refuse to allow Snake to return, and there's no reason for Konami to not want him in, regardless of if they're making games for Nintendo consoles, having Snake in Smash is free advertisement. Nothing good can come out of removing Snake, neither party should want him out. Sakurai also never said that he will have to remove anyone, he said that he might. That's just something obvious he needed to say so people wouldn't be upset if anyone got removed, but with Sonic not delaying this game like he did with Brawl, there's no reason for anyone to be cut. Even so, he made the statement that no one had been cut before he said that there might be cuts, and he can't just ax Snake once he's got the licensing for him, and he wouldn't have implied Snake to be returning unless he already had the licensing beforehand.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I really don't want Zero Suit back... She is way too over-sexualized and the only reason she was made was for appeal in Japan as Metroid is not as popular over there.

I hope she doesn't come back as some leaks state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom