• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sakurai always surprises us. I think we're overdue for a good surprise for once.
Yes... we need more surprises.

Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Rosalina were good surprises and I am glad they proved that not all newcomers are going to be the ones with the most votes on popularity polls. We only got two popularly requested newcomers... Mega Man and Little Mac.

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
@ CrimsonDivine CrimsonDivine Basically, if you're not the one with access to this info, but your friend is, just badger him for as many specifics as possible, especially where items, stages, and character attacks are involved. Try and gather as many unpredictable details from him as possible. I'd start by getting him to clarify what he means by "New Kirby Triple Deluxe stage" or "New Fire Emblem stage," because those stand out as painfully generic at the moment.

Thanks for your time, if you are being sincere here.
Yall don't even know the pain I went through to get that most likely fake crap outta him. 4 months of pleading and him trolling to finally get to this point. I'll keep everyone updated. Don't be disappointed when I gotta come back after he tells me he's just playin :dizzy:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
This most recent leak is ...terrible
8 Mario Reps!? Not going to happen. Didn't Sakurai say somewhere that Mario and Pokemon may be over-represented as is?
Even if he didn't 8 Mario reps is far to many(6 at most. They may add one more and keep it secret.)
As pointed out above, Waluigi and Mii would be redundant.
There is no way that we are getting Waluigi and Bowser Jr. ON TOP OF Rosalina.
Also, May?!?! If anything it would be a Kalos trainer. If we were to get May, it would have been in Brawl.
I don't understand the obsession with cutting ROB, but I'm willing to bet money that he isn't going anywhere. Way to unique for that.
Same thing with Wolf. Yes there is a high demand for Krystal, but she isn't on this list, and if they do cut Wolf, she will most certainly be his replacement.
IF anyone gets cut, it would be Snake and that's ONLY IF the relationship between Sakurai and Kojima or Sony and Nintendo has drastically worsened.
Even then, if they did cut Snake it would have been at the beginning of development, when they were unable to secure a deal/agreement/licensing.
I could continue, but I think this is more than harsh enough criticism as is.
Edit: Sorry if I'm coming of as an angry *** but this leak smells like rotting horse carcass and is thoroughly maddeningly bad. I hope that whoever is giving this info to you is ******* with you badly.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Why does Sonic look like he has only one eye? I see the green iris in one eye and nothing in the other eye.
There is a lot wrong with the pic. They are just pasted on the background. It's almost worse than the infamous G&W leak, considering this is real promotional art.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Yall don't even know the pain I went through to get that most likely fake crap outta him. 4 months of pleading and him trolling to finally get to this point. I'll keep everyone updated. Don't be disappointed when I gotta come back after he tells me he's just playin :dizzy:
It's not real!

Well I'm out for the night. later.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Wanna tell us how that process went in the meantime? How exactly did the topic of him having played Smash come up? What did you first ask him and what was his response? In a nutshell, how did you get to "this point"?

Also, perhaps continued nagging would get him to confess to trolling if that's what he's doing (more likely than not)?

Espio264

Smash Ace
Sakurai likes to pull off some goofy things here and there, but I genuinely hope that if someone even jokingly comes to him with the idea of Reggie as a playable character, he stares at them with a single eyebrow raised and without hesitation tells them to "get the **** out."

The man's not an idiot. We're gonna get 48 different characters from games that only Americans give a damn about before we get the actual face of Nintendo of America.
There was a petition to the White House to have the government consider building a Death Star, and I'm sure Obama got right to work on that too.

Not to mention cutting 4 original characters and then giving us Toon Zelda.

Your leak is bad and you should feel bad.

andimidna

Smash Master
Hi everybody. I don't like being the guy that everyone hates on for trolling, but I'm here to bring you information I have recently received from my older brother, who play tests at various companies. He recently play tested Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS, and told me the following. Although I would not fully believe everything I'm about to leak, keep these in mind as following information of Smash Bros is revealed. In the event that my brother was just f**king with me, I am deeply sorry.

He confirmed that the following characters from Brawl are cut:
-Wolf
-Snake
-ROB
-Ike
-Kanto Trainer

The following (as of now) unrevealed veterans are in the game:
-Yoshi
-Wario
-Ganondorf
-Zero Suit Samus
-Ice Climbers
-Meta Knight
-Ness
-Lucas
-Captain Falcon
-Falco
-Jigglypuff
-Mr. Game and Watch

And for everyone's favorite part, the newcomers:
-As previously confirmed, Villager, Little Mac, Rosalina and Luma, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mega Man are all playable.
-Lady Palutena from Kid Icarus Uprising is in the game, and from what he says is a great character.
-Toon Zelda and Tetra are playable. Toon Zelda is pretty much a carbon copy of Zelda, Tetra has very basic moves.
-Waluigi and Bowser Jr. are playable. Waluigi's moves are based on the sports games, while Bowser Jr.'s seem more coming from Mario Sunshine. Bowser Jr.'s final smash has him turn into Shadow Mario, a la Zero Suit Samus.
-Professor E. Gadd from Luigi's Mansion is playable. His moves involve the Poltergust, and other various items from Dark Moon.
-Kanto Trainer is replaced with May from Pokemon Emerald, clad in the special green clothing. Her team is Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken.
-Mewtwo returns, and his Final Smash involves Mega Evolution, although it is random whether he becomes Mega Mewtwo X or Y.
-Zoroark is brand-new, and has a move set that differs from Lucario and Mewtwo. His dashing puts him on all fours, which is really interesting. His Final Smash swaps the players except for him, which becomes extremely confusing for everyone.
-The Mii is playable. Its moves are customizable, which means it can have Mario's Fireball and Jigglypuff's Sing or whatever you'd like. Its default moves are based off of the "Wii Sports" games.
-Takamaru is in the game, and uses many sword-based moves. My brother's not too familiar with his series, so he didn't talk much about him.
-Thanks to the petition, Reggie is added to the game, although he is not finalized yet, and he is only in beta. His attacks seem to use Nintendo accessories, such as the Zapper and the Wiimote and Nunchuck. His graphics are apparently very cartoony, not too hyper-realistic.
-Warioware, Metroid, Yoshi, Earthbound, F-Zero, Kirby, Star Fox, and Sonic receive no new characters.
-Pac-Man is playable. His moves are very…modern, and his Final Smash turns all the characters blue and makes him into his "original" form.
That's all my brother knows about characters. For other things…

-Similar to Star Fox and the previous Metal Gear Solid, you can communicate with gods and other characters of the Kid Icarus universe on Kid Icarus stages during battle. The banter is apparently funny and includes all of the actors from Uprising.
-Adventure Mode is similar to Melee, though the bosses vary based on what series/character you play as. For example, DK fights King K. Rool, Luigi and E.Gadd fight King Boo, Mario fights Giga Bowser, etc.
-There is a Kid Icarus stage on both consoles. The Wii U version is Palutena's Temple, while the 3DS version is based off of the "Viridi, Goddess of Nature" chapter.
-Pokemon Stadium 3 is on the Wii U version. It includes a forest that features Fairy-types and Grass-types, as well as a mountain that includes Heliolisk and Noivern, and some stage that includes Ferrothorn. The 3DS Pokemon stage is Lumiose City, with appearances by Diggersby, Furfrou, and others.
-Pokemon that appear from Pokeballs include Xerneas, Hawlucha, Gliscor, and Avalugg.

That is all my brother has given me. Hope you guys enjoy.
We might as well add Birdo, Toadsworth, King Boo, Paper Mario, Fawful, Honey Queen, and Goomba too.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
We might as well add Birdo, Toadsworth, King Boo, Paper Mario, Fawful, Honey Queen, and Goomba too.
paper mario is actually legit. i was hoping he would get in due to his unique moveset from the paper mario series and his recent games.

Espio264

Smash Ace
The only way Reggie would get in the game is being an alt of the Mii.
And even then I would hope Sakurai should have more self respect.

His own Mii, fine. Miyamoto. Sure. But they are the Disneys and the Stan Lees and the Spielbergs of Nintendo. They are legends of the industry.
Reggie is a businessman. A nerdy, fanboy himself businessman, but a suit nonetheless. And as fun as it would be to beat the tar out of dunce bags in suits, he doesn't deserve the recognition.

But apparently I'm biased so, leak whatever strikes your fancy.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
So I was on a different forum when I came to the realization that non of the leaks or predictions or hopes I've seen include characters from operation rainfall games aside from Xenoblade. Both The Last Story and Pandora's Tower are owned by nintendo and thus the characters in the are possible. I mean Zael, Calista, and Syrenne seem like great choices from TLS and Aeron would be awesome; his sword and chain gameplay would definitely please castlevania fans.

I'll be surprised if none of the operation rainfall games get a representative, though...

UltimateWario

Smash Master
His own Mii, fine. Miyamoto. Sure. But they are the Disneys and the Stan Lees and the Spielbergs of Nintendo. They are legends of the industry.
Reggie is a businessman. A nerdy, fanboy himself businessman, but a suit nonetheless. And as fun as it would be to beat the tar out of dunce bags in suits, he doesn't deserve the recognition.
Yikes, the **** did Reggie ever do to you?

Also, talking about "suits" like you're Dale Gribble...?

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What's the latest leak? I see people talking about it, but I'm too lazy from work to go back a bunch of pages and find it.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Maybe. What if its in June before summer starts? that'd be nice. I don't think walmart knows. They are probably just guessing.

That was earlier than the walmart thing I think. It might not apply. All Sakurai said was that its coming in 2014. I think the only reason we haven't gotten a release date yet is because the versions will be coming out at different times. The Wii U version is coming out at least by June-July imo. The 3ds version could come out later honestly. I think they are being vague because they want to be able to give both release dates at the same time.
it was the this months magazine, as far as the article it's just stuff we already know nothing new, but if I have time I upload a bigger version tomorrow.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Yikes, the **** did Reggie ever do to you?

Also, talking about "suits" like you're Dale Gribble...?
Nothing. It's just an old and bad joke. And the thought of it even being taken into consideration makes you question the mindsets of those building this thing that we all love so dearly.

I'm someone on the art side of things and never the business side of things. And to compromise art for the sake of inside jokes that "somebody" at one point thought was funny, isn't the way Sakurai should conduct his art.

It's why half the Marvel movies made by Fox are mediocre and the ones made by Marvel Studios are all so good. Fox obtained a property and hoped to make the most out of it. Marvel Studios simply want to be true to their own legacy and create something great. And so they've pulled out all the stops and have an entire interlocking universe and not just a couple of franchises hoping to make money.

Throwing Reggie in is a salute to a few people, and not the fans. And it's definitely a finger to the fans if something like this actually happens but a Ridley or K. Rool doesn't. I've gotten off on a tangent that might be inappropriate for the thread, but as far as legitamacy of leaks go, I choose not to believe this because I believe Sakurai is better than that.

Also, s'gooooo!

Dan

Smash Lord
Nothing. It's just an old and bad joke. And the thought of it even being taken into consideration makes you question the mindsets of those building this thing that we all love so dearly.

I'm someone on the art side of things and never the business side of things. And to compromise art for the sake of inside jokes that "somebody" at one point thought was funny, isn't the way Sakurai should conduct his art.

It's why half the Marvel movies made by Fox are mediocre and the ones made by Marvel Studios are all so good. Fox obtained a property and hoped to make the most out of it. Marvel Studios simply want to be true to their own legacy and create something great. And so they've pulled out all the stops and have an entire interlocking universe and not just a couple of franchises hoping to make money.

Throwing Reggie in is a salute to a few people, and not the fans. And it's definitely a finger to the fans if something like this actually happens but a Ridley or K. Rool doesn't. I've gotten off on a tangent that might be inappropriate for the thread, but as far as legitamacy of leaks go, I choose not to believe this because I believe Sakurai is better than that.

Also, s'gooooo!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can't see Reggie getting in. Especially because of a petition that started late into the production of the game.

Plus is Reggie even popular with Nintendo fans that aren't Americans? Wouldn't he have to be Iwata in Japan instead? Just sounds like a no for me.

Dan

Smash Lord
She's a WTF character. Not a "Go **** yourselves" character.
She started as an inside joke I remember hearing in an interview, or maybe that was just their excuse for putting her in there to promote Wii Fit.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Right now, the Betternet Roster Leak looks the most legit to me...
betternet.png

All it needs is Ridley and Lucas, and I think it'll be a must buy.

Last edited:

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
I can't see Reggie getting in. Especially because of a petition that started late into the production of the game.

Plus is Reggie even popular with Nintendo fans that aren't Americans? Wouldn't he have to be Iwata in Japan instead? Just sounds like a no for me.
You know, I've always wondered how the rest of the world views Reggie...

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Right now, the Betternet Roster Leak looks the most legit to me...
View attachment 9117
All it needs is Ridley and Lucas, and I think it'll be a must buy.
Not a bad roster. 13 newcomers. I could live with it. 45 characters total. For some reason that looks too short and I don't know why. Probably because I'm greedy. :D

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't like the Betternet roster because it's too ''safe". There's no ''Wow?! Really to it." And honestly when Rosalina and Wii Fit are revealed already. There has to be something else shocking to the roster. Sakurai wouldn't blow his load like that me thinks.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
the smash community get's on my nerves sometimes, I posted the info I found in the official release date thread but a member has to belittle me that a spring/summer is not going to happen like they have anymore info then I do. It could realease in q3 or later but theres as much info of one theroy as there is another.( at least I was posting supporting evidence it could be sooner)

/end rant

KingBroly

Smash Lord
The only part that trips me up with that list is dropping Wolf for Krystal. I know people want Krystal and that Wolf was destined for Melee but got cut, but Wolf's a villain. And probably the only villain that would work from Star Fox. Krystal's kinda second rate compared to Wolf and wasn't in the latest Star Fox release (yeah, I know, remake, whatever, it shows how important that character isn't). Krystal's time was in Brawl, not now.

And I still don't like the idea of Toon Zelda/Sheik. I really think Skyward Sword needs a representative, and that should be Impa. Or at the very least Tingle to make everyone angry.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
I don't like the Betternet roster because it's too ''safe". There's no ''Wow?! Really to it." And honestly when Rosalina and Wii Fit are revealed already. There has to be something else shocking to the roster. Sakurai wouldn't blow his load like that me thinks.
You make a good point. I just hope he doesn't strike us with something redundant... I can see him slipping in a really bad character reveal sadly.

The only part that trips me up with that list is dropping Wolf for Krystal. I know people want Krystal and that Wolf was destined for Melee but got cut, but Wolf's a villain. And probably the only villain that would work from Star Fox. Krystal's kinda second rate compared to Wolf and wasn't in the latest Star Fox release (yeah, I know, remake, whatever, it shows how important that character isn't). Krystal's time was in Brawl, not now.

And I still don't like the idea of Toon Zelda/Sheik. I really think Skyward Sword needs a representative, and that should be Impa. Or at the very least Tingle to make everyone angry.
I think that Ghirahim should be in over Impa. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd rather Ghirahim for another villain and for the fact he just wouldn't be a reskinned Sheik.

But in the end for me at least, Tingle > All other Zelda reps.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I think that Ghirahim should be in over Impa. Just my two cents.
Not over Ganondorf, plus Girahim falls in the same category as Minda (1-time Zelda character), although granted Girahim would be awesome to play as, but he's not's getting in over Zelda's long-time nemesis (if rumors of Girahim being the 1st Zelda villain in the timeline is true, then maybe he does have a chance).

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
the smash community get's on my nerves sometimes, I posted the info I found in the official release date thread but a member has to belittle me that a spring/summer is not going to happen like they have anymore info then I do. It could realease in q3 or later but theres as much info of one theroy as there is another.( at least I was posting supporting evidence it could be sooner)

/end rant
Whoops not me... I'll go beat up whoever belittled you :teeth:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom