• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Johns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HyperSlash
Hi everybody. I don't like being the guy that everyone hates on for trolling, but I'm here to bring you information I have recently received from my older brother, who play tests at various companies. He recently play tested Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS, and told me the following. Although I would not fully believe everything I'm about to leak, keep these in mind as following information of Smash Bros is revealed. In the event that my brother was just f**king with me, I am deeply sorry.

He confirmed that the following characters from Brawl are cut:
-Wolf
-Snake
-ROB
-Ike
-Kanto Trainer

The following (as of now) unrevealed veterans are in the game:
-Yoshi
-Wario
-Ganondorf
-Zero Suit Samus
-Ice Climbers
-Meta Knight
-Ness
-Lucas
-Captain Falcon
-Falco
-Jigglypuff
-Mr. Game and Watch

And for everyone's favorite part, the newcomers:
-As previously confirmed, Villager, Little Mac, Rosalina and Luma, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mega Man are all playable.
-Lady Palutena from Kid Icarus Uprising is in the game, and from what he says is a great character.
-Toon Zelda and Tetra are playable. Toon Zelda is pretty much a carbon copy of Zelda, Tetra has very basic moves.
-Waluigi and Bowser Jr. are playable. Waluigi's moves are based on the sports games, while Bowser Jr.'s seem more coming from Mario Sunshine. Bowser Jr.'s final smash has him turn into Shadow Mario, a la Zero Suit Samus.
-Professor E. Gadd from Luigi's Mansion is playable. His moves involve the Poltergust, and other various items from Dark Moon.
-Kanto Trainer is replaced with May from Pokemon Emerald, clad in the special green clothing. Her team is Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken.
-Mewtwo returns, and his Final Smash involves Mega Evolution, although it is random whether he becomes Mega Mewtwo X or Y.
-Zoroark is brand-new, and has a move set that differs from Lucario and Mewtwo. His dashing puts him on all fours, which is really interesting. His Final Smash swaps the players except for him, which becomes extremely confusing for everyone.
-The Mii is playable. Its moves are customizable, which means it can have Mario's Fireball and Jigglypuff's Sing or whatever you'd like. Its default moves are based off of the "Wii Sports" games.
-Takamaru is in the game, and uses many sword-based moves. My brother's not too familiar with his series, so he didn't talk much about him.
-Thanks to the petition, Reggie is added to the game, although he is not finalized yet, and he is only in beta. His attacks seem to use Nintendo accessories, such as the Zapper and the Wiimote and Nunchuck. His graphics are apparently very cartoony, not too hyper-realistic.
-Warioware, Metroid, Yoshi, Earthbound, F-Zero, Kirby, Star Fox, and Sonic receive no new characters.
-Pac-Man is playable. His moves are very…modern, and his Final Smash turns all the characters blue and makes him into his "original" form.
That's all my brother knows about characters. For other things…

-Similar to Star Fox and the previous Metal Gear Solid, you can communicate with gods and other characters of the Kid Icarus universe on Kid Icarus stages during battle. The banter is apparently funny and includes all of the actors from Uprising.
-Adventure Mode is similar to Melee, though the bosses vary based on what series/character you play as. For example, DK fights King K. Rool, Luigi and E.Gadd fight King Boo, Mario fights Giga Bowser, etc.
-There is a Kid Icarus stage on both consoles. The Wii U version is Palutena's Temple, while the 3DS version is based off of the "Viridi, Goddess of Nature" chapter.
-Pokemon Stadium 3 is on the Wii U version. It includes a forest that features Fairy-types and Grass-types, as well as a mountain that includes Heliolisk and Noivern, and some stage that includes Ferrothorn. The 3DS Pokemon stage is Lumiose City, with appearances by Diggersby, Furfrou, and others.
-Pokemon that appear from Pokeballs include Xerneas, Hawlucha, Gliscor, and Avalugg.

That is all my brother has given me. Hope you guys enjoy.
Suuuurrrreee.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Hi everybody. I don't like being the guy that everyone hates on for trolling, but I'm here to bring you information I have recently received from my older brother, who play tests at various companies. He recently play tested Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS, and told me the following. Although I would not fully believe everything I'm about to leak, keep these in mind as following information of Smash Bros is revealed. In the event that my brother was just f**king with me, I am deeply sorry.

-Wolf
-Snake
-ROB
-Ike
-Kanto Trainer

-Yoshi
-Wario
-Ganondorf
-Zero Suit Samus
-Ice Climbers
-Meta Knight
-Ness
-Lucas
-Captain Falcon
-Falco
-Jigglypuff
-Mr. Game and Watch

-As previously confirmed, Villager, Little Mac, Rosalina and Luma, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mega Man are all playable.
-Lady Palutena from Kid Icarus Uprising is in the game, and from what he says is a great character.
-Toon Zelda and Tetra are playable. Toon Zelda is pretty much a carbon copy of Zelda, Tetra has very basic moves.
-Waluigi and Bowser Jr. are playable. Waluigi's moves are based on the sports games, while Bowser Jr.'s seem more coming from Mario Sunshine. Bowser Jr.'s final smash has him turn into Shadow Mario, a la Zero Suit Samus.
-Professor E. Gadd from Luigi's Mansion is playable. His moves involve the Poltergust, and other various items from Dark Moon.
-Kanto Trainer is replaced with May from Pokemon Emerald, clad in the special green clothing. Her team is Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken.
-Mewtwo returns, and his Final Smash involves Mega Evolution, although it is random whether he becomes Mega Mewtwo X or Y.
-Zoroark is brand-new, and has a move set that differs from Lucario and Mewtwo. His dashing puts him on all fours, which is really interesting. His Final Smash swaps the players except for him, which becomes extremely confusing for everyone.
-The Mii is playable. Its moves are customizable, which means it can have Mario's Fireball and Jigglypuff's Sing or whatever you'd like. Its default moves are based off of the "Wii Sports" games.
-Takamaru is in the game, and uses many sword-based moves. My brother's not too familiar with his series, so he didn't talk much about him.
-Thanks to the petition, Reggie is added to the game, although he is not finalized yet, and he is only in beta. His attacks seem to use Nintendo accessories, such as the Zapper and the Wiimote and Nunchuck. His graphics are apparently very cartoony, not too hyper-realistic.
-Warioware, Metroid, Yoshi, Earthbound, F-Zero, Kirby, Star Fox, and Sonic receive no new characters.
-Pac-Man is playable. His moves are very…modern, and his Final Smash turns all the characters blue and makes him into his "original" form.

-Similar to Star Fox and the previous Metal Gear Solid, you can communicate with gods and other characters of the Kid Icarus universe on Kid Icarus stages during battle. The banter is apparently funny and includes all of the actors from Uprising.
-Adventure Mode is similar to Melee, though the bosses vary based on what series/character you play as. For example, DK fights King K. Rool, Luigi and E.Gadd fight King Boo, Mario fights Giga Bowser, etc.
-There is a Kid Icarus stage on both consoles. The Wii U version is Palutena's Temple, while the 3DS version is based off of the "Viridi, Goddess of Nature" chapter.
-Pokemon Stadium 3 is on the Wii U version. It includes a forest that features Fairy-types and Grass-types, as well as a mountain that includes Heliolisk and Noivern, and some stage that includes Ferrothorn. The 3DS Pokemon stage is Lumiose City, with appearances by Diggersby, Furfrou, and others.
-Pokemon that appear from Pokeballs include Xerneas, Hawlucha, Gliscor, and Avalugg.

You know now that I stopped thinking about it Reggie would be a great character!!!! Yea but if he dies or gets fired next year for the low success rate of the Wii U in America. I don't know what they would do for him as a character in the game :/

I think your brother deserves a Falcon Punch...

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Complete bull****. So much wrong with this that I don't want to go with it all. Like the previous "leak" you lost me at cutting the "Kanto" Pokémon Trainer. Plus you put too much precise detail and the more precisely detailed a "leak" is the faker it is.

Get your lying face out of here.
You seem to be overly offended at the idea of the Kanto Trainer being changed to a different region's trainer.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
And how do you know the thoughts of said people? for all you know they meant that nobody was a generalization as well. Of course a person or two will ask for the wii fit trainer, it's a given. The point is that the number is so small that it's just barely above "nobody", that guessing her and 3 other characters (so far) and is a far more implausible explanation aside from the person getting tipped off. Heck, Golden has already proven that he hasn't just guessed.

For example, the person you responded to did not say literally nobody guessed her, he said "no one saw coming or gave a serious thought to" He was likely referring to the articles you referenced when saying "nobody" gave a serious thought, as they were both joke threads. You can't argue that you didn't mean absolutely everybody when you said "everybody" when you have no idea if he meant absolutely nobody when he said "no one".
The first person that I responded to said to find one thread that predicted Wii Fit Trainer. That was done. You're trying very hard to try and tell me what I meant by saying everybody, and misrepresenting the actual debate here. It's boring.

You're free to be delusional and believe the "leak". I choose not to, because it was wrong. We're not going to convince each other differently.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You seem to be overly offended at the idea of the Kanto Trainer being changed to a different region's trainer.
Well, you can't mess with the classics.
IMO it's stupid to cut a unique character just to have someone else with the same gimmick. It's pointless.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
No need to be rude and bash "leakers" people. On the small (and I mean small) chance that this is real, you're all going to look like turds similar to the time Nyasenya was right. Anyways, either these leaks are from the same group of people, or this is the one of the first time more than one leak agrees with each other (similar to brawls leaks). We've heard Pokemon Stadium 3 with a Fairy type (which is something everyone is guessing) numerous times already, a long with E.Gadd being playable. So that's something.

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
That could work, and that new rumor I love but no just no...
Yeah, think about it. If the game was out in spring, it'll have been out for 2-3 months which would have been long enough to make the first DLC thing to be mostly done if not at that point, or at east have footage of a new DLC character or something to be coming out in the future.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
IMO it's stupid to cut a unique character just to have someone else with the same gimmick. It's pointless.
It is not so pointless when the new Pokemon would likely have different moves and playstyles. Same gimmick, different gameplay.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
The first person that I responded to said to find one thread that predicted Wii Fit Trainer. That was done. You're trying very hard to try and tell me what I meant by saying everybody, and misrepresenting the actual debate here. It's boring.

You're free to be delusional and believe the "leak". I choose not to, because it was wrong. We're not going to convince each other differently.
You're mistaking me for trying hard, it's painfully easy to poke holes in your hypocritical logic.
The "first person" is a completely different person than whom you started the argument with, who only asked for the thread as he had not seen any of them before. What i did was point out that you were hiding the whole truth, and you got defensive. I then pointed out how you use the same generalizations that you're combating, in which you just got even more defensive.

I'm on the "not enough evidence for or against the LeakE3" side, but if you want to keep making assumptions, that's fine. Not like anyone's going to stop you.

Oh, and nice job resorting to being petty, really shows how much of an argument you really have.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It is not so pointless when the new Pokemon would likely have different moves and playstyles. Same gimmick, different gameplay.
But if anything. Why not have both then? Just consider the other a "semi-clone".
I just don't see a reason to cut him.

Last edited:

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Based on Sakurai's various interviews can we not by now discount any leak that talks about cuts?
In Brawl the only reason those '7' were dropped is because the game had to be released and they weren't done, not because they were chosen to be cut... he's also spoken of how the only reason he'd 'cut' someone would be if as in early dev stages with Ice Climbers it proved too difficult to build on handheld (Ros&Luma suggest heavily this is no longer a problem)

So why then should we believe they would cut ready-built fighters who would need much less work to bring over to SSB4? From a developmental perspective that makes no sense.

Snake is continuously the forerunner in these 'cut' leaks, a character who almost made it into Melee, a character from Sakurai's close friend Kojima, from a series that has already appeared on 3DS, yea he's 3rd Party but Konami have a good relationship still (a big Castlevania launch last year too)... frankly it's as likely that The Pokemon Co. will take a notion to make Pkmn Trainer battle with Goomy, Bidoof and Swinub (or whichever of the 700+ they're focused on :p ) to tie in with a new anime run they've planned than for Konami or Kojima to withdraw rights on Snake... with that in mind all leaks proclaiming Snake being cut mid-development scream fake to me
and I think peops here should realize that too :)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
But if anything. Why not have both then? Just consider the other a "semi-clone".
I just don't see a reason to cut him.
You don't see a reason because you don't want to look for one.

And I doubt a second Pokemon Trainer would be a "semi-clone" just because they have a similar gimmick to the first Pokemon Trainer. Marth is a semi-clone of Link because he uses a sword, too. Mega Man is a semi-clone of Samus because he has an arm cannon, too. Rosalina is a semi-clone of Peach because she is a Mario princess, too. I find it silly to call a character a clone or semi-clone just because they have similar gimmicks.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

-Wolf
-Snake
-ROB
-Ike
-Kanto Trainer

-Yoshi
-Wario
-Ganondorf
-Zero Suit Samus
-Ice Climbers
-Meta Knight
-Ness
-Lucas
-Captain Falcon
-Falco
-Jigglypuff
-Mr. Game and Watch

i stopped reading at waluigi.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You don't see a reason because you don't want to look for one.

And I doubt a second Pokemon Trainer would be a "semi-clone" just because they have a similar gimmick to the first Pokemon Trainer. Marth is a semi-clone of Link because he uses a sword, too. Mega Man is a semi-clone of Samus because he has an arm cannon, too. Rosalina is a semi-clone of Peach because she is a Mario princess, too. I find it silly to call a character a clone or semi-clone just because they have similar gimmicks.
What I'm getting at is there's no reason not have them together.

WELL I'M LUIGI AND SINCE IT'S THE YEAR OF LUIGI STILL YOU'RE HEREBY BANNED FROM THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM AND SMASH BROS
OH YEAH WELL...
...I turned off the game.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Based on Sakurai's various interviews can we not by now discount any leak that talks about cuts?
In Brawl the only reason those '7' were dropped is because the game had to be released and they weren't done, not because they were chosen to be cut... he's also spoken of how the only reason he'd 'cut' someone would be if as in early dev stages with Ice Climbers it proved too difficult to build on handheld (Ros&Luma suggest heavily this is no longer a problem)

So why then should we believe they would cut ready-built fighters who would need much less work to bring over to SSB4? From a developmental perspective that makes no sense.

Snake is continuously the forerunner in these 'cut' leaks, a character who almost made it into Melee, a character from Sakurai's close friend Kojima, from a series that has already appeared on 3DS, yea he's 3rd Party but Konami have a good relationship still (a big Castlevania launch last year too)... frankly it's as likely that The Pokemon Co. will take a notion to make Pkmn Trainer battle with Goomy, Bidoof and Swinub (or whichever of the 700+ they're focused on :p ) to tie in with a new anime run they've planned than for Konami or Kojima to withdraw rights on Snake... with that in mind all leaks proclaiming Snake being cut mid-development scream fake to me
and I think peops here should realize that too :)
Because if Mewtwo's any indication, veterans can be low priority. Not all veterans are equal, some get more priority then others and some get put off until they decide to work on them later. Thus, if they run out of time and resources, those characters do run the risk of being cut.

As for Snake, it's entirely dependant on what Kojima/Konami's feelings are about having him return. They can still say no to Sakurai if they don't desire him in the game, I don't think they will but it is a possibility. However, if that's the case he can only be cut, not be low priority as he can't be worked on until the paperwork's done.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
@CrimsonDivine Basically, if you're not the one with access to this info, but your friend is, just badger him for as many specifics as possible, especially where items, stages, and character attacks are involved. Try and gather as many unpredictable details from him as possible. I'd start by getting him to clarify what he means by "New Kirby Triple Deluxe stage" or "New Fire Emblem stage," because those stand out as painfully generic at the moment.

Thanks for your time, if you are being sincere here.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord

-Wolf
-Snake
-ROB
-Ike
-Kanto Trainer

-Yoshi
-Wario
-Ganondorf
-Zero Suit Samus
-Ice Climbers
-Meta Knight
-Ness
-Lucas
-Captain Falcon
-Falco
-Jigglypuff
-Mr. Game and Watch

There is so much wrong with this. I'll start with the cuts.
ROB and the Pokemon Trainer are going no where. I doubt Ike will be cut either.
Waluigi, Bowser Jr, and E Gadd are playable along with Rosaluma. What is your brother smoking bro.
Zoroark, Mewtwo, and May are playable. Seriously? Talk about over-representation.
The Mii can customize moves.
Reggie is playable

Which one of you idiots made this?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Waluigi, Bowser Jr and E. Gadd on top of the 5 Mario reps already?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It makes no sense to have both Waluigi and Mii as playable characters if Waluigi is gonna have sports-themed moves and Mii is gonna have customizable moves. It wouldn't make sense for Miis to have customizable movesets where they could eat enemies and make eggs like Yoshi, grow wings and fly like Pit, spin their arms around to deflect projectiles like R.O.B., and transform into Sheik like Zelda does. If Miis are playable, they would likely get sports-themed moves... rendering Waluigi unnecessary.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Explain Young Link and Toon Link then. Granted nither are unique (both are clones in some way or another compared to regular Link), but the fact that one replaced the other without adding much to what the previous occupant already had is still there.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
"If Pokémon Trainer is counted as a single character, each game has introduced 2 more newcomers than the previous one."

Quote from SSB Wiki, and perhaps something to keep in mind.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
If nintendo announced a new Mario character and moved Luigi to his own Luigi's Mansion series icon in the Spin off section
that'd be terrible
So keep that in mind if a leak gives a new mario rep

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
NOTE: PLEASE TAKE THIS WITH THE TINIEST GRAIN OF SALT. I SHOULD IN NO WAY BE BLAMED IF THIS INFORMATION TURNS OUT TO BE FALSE OR PARTIALLY MISTAKEN.

Hey, everyone. I'm still fairly new around here but I've made quite a few friends around here. Honest, my best friend in the world (ex-college roommate) recently graduated and earned himself a job over at nintendo! I'm not sure exactly where he works, pretty sure it's semi-important or I don't think I would be relaying the information I am too you. Now, before I let any info loose, I need to confirm that this is NOT COMING FROM ME. It is also highly possible that HE IS MESSING WITH ME since he knows how big of a smash fan I am. He also doesn't have any access to a playable version of smash, but he has seen it in a playable state and confirmed quite a few things for me.

Characters-
[Returning from Melee]
*Mewtwo

[Cut from Brawl]
*Snake
*Old PKMN Trainer
*Wolf
*Two more I couldn't remember what he said :/

[Newcomers- I wrote them down you're all welcome ;)]
*Villager
*Megaman
*WFT
*Rosalina and Luma
*Little Mac
*Chrom and Lucina
*Dixie Kong
*King K. Rool
*Kalos Trainer (Chespin, Braixen, Greninja)
*Ridley
*Shulk
*Palutena
*Pac-Man (Replaces Snake)
*Mii
*Takamaru
*Dillon
EDIT: *Ghirahim

(He claims there is still one more character he doesn't know about?)
EDIT: Nvm seem above.

Stages- *Has only seen a fraction of stages, and only Wii U stages*
[Returning- Revamped!]
*Temple
*Corneria
*Saffron City
*Luigi's Mansion

[New Stages {Wii U}]
*Pokemon Stadium 3 (only saw steel and fairy transformations)
*New Kirby Stage from Triple Deluxe
*New Fire Emblem Stage

Also noted that the music in the game was absolutley gorgeous. And the UI was great, as well. Apparently, the character select screen uses the same backgrounds as the official website does (I was very happy about that!).

Again, grain of salt.
I would flip my Sh*t if Pokemon Trainer was cut.

SSB4Dojo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CommanderCanuck7
Wow, this is amazing. The two stages for Kid Icarus are ones we already know, that is just soooooo shocking.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Explain Young Link and Toon Link then. Granted nither are unique (both are clones in some way or another compared to regular Link), but the fact that one replaced the other without adding much to what the previous occupant already had is still there.
There's a difference between similar character and similar concept.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom