• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
You can't spell Ridley without an R from the number four.

Ridley confirmed for SSB4.

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
It has too many question marks. That's why.

Also, said roster needs to cut Jumpman and add Toad. :glare:
I agree. I don't see how Jumpman would even be possible. It's Mario without the M. I mean... how would they spin that? The traditional gaming media would tear into Nintendo if that was true. Questionable at best, insanity and out of touch from the more diehard sites.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I think they should cut Jumpman and not add a sixth ****ing Mario character.

That said, it doesn't matter, since the leak isn't true anyway.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Adding Jumpman over other Mario characters... it is an indefensible decision.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Since when were Yoshi and Wario not Mario characters, anyway? That's a bit like saying Pikachu is a "Hey You, Pikachu!" character.

We have 7 Mario reps.
Not according to Sakurai and his icons.

Yes, they are in the same universe... but they have their own franchises. Mario characters get the Mushroom icon, representing the Mario games. Donkey Kong characters get the DK icon, representing the Donkey Kong games. Yoshi characters get the Egg icon, representing the Yoshi games. Wario characters get the W icon, representing the Wario games.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Since when were Yoshi and Wario not Mario characters, anyway? That's a bit like saying Pikachu is a "Hey You, Pikachu!" character.

We have 7 Mario reps.
Still Yoshi and wario are considered separate franchises.

Edit: Ninja'd!

Also guys ridley is coming April 1st. Happy April fools day, in order to commentate(this correct?) it ridley joins the battle. Just kidding! He is a stage hazard instead.:troll:

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Not according to Sakurai and his icons.

Yes, they are in the same universe... but they have their own franchises. Mario characters get the Mushroom icon, representing the Mario games. Donkey Kong characters get the DK icon, representing the Donkey Kong games. Yoshi characters get the Egg icon, representing the Yoshi games. Wario characters get the W icon, representing the Wario games.
I'm not sure Sakurai's icons can ever stop Yoshi from being a Mario character, but I guess in the context of Smash Bros., we should take that into consideration.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

We have 7 Mario reps.
Wario has his own franchise of games. He's not a Mario rep. Same for Yoshi. They started off in Mario, but they now have their own substantial franchises.

Sakurai himself identifies them as heading their own franchises, and I'd call that the definitive final word on the matter.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Y'know, I wonder something: How did the pre-Melee leaks work? I know there were at least a couple, and that's how we found out about the clones.

Something's been bothering me about most of these, that just sort of pastes fake all over them. Too much information.

Because of ChaosZero and PortraitofRuin's leaks, every leak aside from the Palutena screenshots and the E3 leak (which was literally posted as a prediction) follows a similar pattern, and tries way too hard to be official. From the "ChaosZero" leak, to every leak we've already debunked it's "X character isn't playable, x character is playable, this is happening." They're super aware of literally everything that's going on, and all leaks that seem in some way legitimate manage to worm their way into their plans most of the time.

It's sort of like how ErenJager was doing just fine, and then threw in the bit about Palutena at the end, or a few pre-Mac leakers kept mentioning the Palutena or the E3 leak as if they knew it all along. I mean I didn't expect anything else, but damn.

It's a different world for leaks. The only ones that are real are going to be the ones that don't try. So far, I can only think of two that have done that, and one was just pictures.

Dan

Smash Lord

It seems like someone didn't try... Though to be fair Diddy's icon looked a bit weird too before seeing his full render in comparison to the others.
Even if this was real, which andimidna ***** this leak, how would someone even get this screenshot? Same goes for that Falco one of the same format. But the pic is not HD, the font is too dark and it's not even centered. And Yoshi's been concealed for so long, I think it's safe to say he's been paired with Baby Mario. If that's the case, he should've been revealed before Rosalina, because now it's kind of a giveaway that something has changed with Yoshi. He could be Yarn, but that's too drastic of a change for them to make. Is there anything upcoming with Yoshi they could be saving him for?

I know it's real, but that Diddy Kong pic does look strange. Is he really known for being stretchy in the games, because it's looks like they've incorporated some Lanky into him.

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm not sure Sakurai's icons can ever stop Yoshi from being a Mario character, but I guess in the context of Smash Bros., we should take that into consideration.
You could even just look at Yoshi's and Wario's movesets... and you'd see they come from Yoshi's Island and WarioWare... same with the design.

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
NOTE: PLEASE TAKE THIS WITH THE TINIEST GRAIN OF SALT. I SHOULD IN NO WAY BE BLAMED IF THIS INFORMATION TURNS OUT TO BE FALSE OR PARTIALLY MISTAKEN.

Hey, everyone. I'm still fairly new around here but I've made quite a few friends around here. Honest, my best friend in the world (ex-college roommate) recently graduated and earned himself a job over at nintendo! I'm not sure exactly where he works, pretty sure it's semi-important or I don't think I would be relaying the information I am too you. Now, before I let any info loose, I need to confirm that this is NOT COMING FROM ME. It is also highly possible that HE IS MESSING WITH ME since he knows how big of a smash fan I am. He also doesn't have any access to a playable version of smash, but he has seen it in a playable state and confirmed quite a few things for me.

Characters-
[Returning from Melee]
*Mewtwo

[Cut from Brawl]
*Snake
*Old PKMN Trainer
*Wolf
*Two more I couldn't remember what he said :/

[Newcomers- I wrote them down you're all welcome ;)]
*Villager
*Megaman
*WFT
*Rosalina and Luma
*Little Mac
*Chrom and Lucina
*Dixie Kong
*King K. Rool
*Kalos Trainer (Chespin, Braixen, Greninja)
*Ridley
*Shulk
*Palutena
*Pac-Man (Replaces Snake)
*Mii
*Takamaru
*Dillon
EDIT: *Ghirahim

(He claims there is still one more character he doesn't know about?)
EDIT: Nvm seem above.

Stages- *Has only seen a fraction of stages, and only Wii U stages*
[Returning- Revamped!]
*Temple
*Corneria
*Saffron City
*Luigi's Mansion

[New Stages {Wii U}]
*Pokemon Stadium 3 (only saw steel and fairy transformations)
*New Kirby Stage from Triple Deluxe
*New Fire Emblem Stage

Also noted that the music in the game was absolutley gorgeous. And the UI was great, as well. Apparently, the character select screen uses the same backgrounds as the official website does (I was very happy about that!).

Again, grain of salt.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
With that E. Gadd leak that has a Toad house and Bowser Jr. being AT's that throw out other items, I would discredit that leak because I don't think it's possible to have an assist trophy that releases other items because what if the assist trophy is the only item turned on?

I do like the idea of E. Gadd being a darkhorse character though, with Dark Moon being recently released. Kind of like how Rosalina sort of caught everyone by surprise. Not one person was talking about him before the leak. He would make for a really unique moveset with all of his inventions; i.e. the paintbrush, FLUDD, the poltergeist, etc.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Another leak that satisfies me. Even though it's almost assuredly fake, I'm totally down with it, so I don't really care.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
NOTE: PLEASE TAKE THIS WITH THE TINIEST GRAIN OF SALT. I SHOULD IN NO WAY BE BLAMED IF THIS INFORMATION TURNS OUT TO BE FALSE OR PARTIALLY MISTAKEN.

Hey, everyone. I'm still fairly new around here but I've made quite a few friends around here. Honest, my best friend in the world (ex-college roommate) recently graduated and earned himself a job over at nintendo! I'm not sure exactly where he works, pretty sure it's semi-important or I don't think I would be relaying the information I am too you. Now, before I let any info loose, I need to confirm that this is NOT COMING FROM ME. It is also highly possible that HE IS MESSING WITH ME since he knows how big of a smash fan I am. He also doesn't have any access to a playable version of smash, but he has seen it in a playable state and confirmed quite a few things for me.

Characters-
[Returning from Melee]
*Mewtwo

[Cut from Brawl]
*Snake
*Old PKMN Trainer
*Wolf

*Villager
*Megaman
*WFT
*Rosalina and Luma
*Little Mac
*Chrom and Lucina
*Dixie Kong
*King K. Rool
*Ridley
*Shulk
*Palutena
*Mii
*Takamaru
*Dillon

[Returning- Revamped!]
*Temple
*Corneria
*Saffron City
*Luigi's Mansion

[New Stages {Wii U}]
*New Fire Emblem Stage

Also noted that the music in the game was absolutley gorgeous. And the UI was great, as well. Apparently, the character select screen uses the same backgrounds as the official website does (I was very happy about that!).

Again, grain of salt.
This leak makes me too happy... NEXT!

Chespin,Braixen, and Greninja?!?!?! omagash! I have a feeling you're friend is messing with you bro. (I hope he isn't though) man the only thing this leak needs is to cut Snake and add Palutena!!! wait... (it does) its a shame about Mii though... hold up! K.Rool and Dixie!?!!? 16 NEWCOMERS!!!! this is too good to be true. thats more newcomers than brawl. I think there was going to be less newcomers this time.

Last edited:

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
This leak makes me too happy... NEXT!

Chespin,Braixen, and Greninja?!?!?! omagash! I have a feeling you're friend is messing with you bro. (I hope he isn't though) man the only thing this leak needs is to cut Snake and add Palutena!!! wait... K.Rool and Dixie!?!!? 16 NEWCOMERS!!!! this is too good to be true.
thats what im thinking. its too good to be true and hes an ***hole so :lol:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well I need to know why hasn't to rumor wall haven't changed

I do see any green wording on diddy kong confirmed rumors

Nor the ones kicked out with diddy and Dixie kong duo

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I don't think that any leak that specifically states cut characters will end up true. My thinking is, all of the Brawl cast will be planned based on Sakurai's statements about cuts, but some may not finish in time.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that any leak that specifically states cut characters will end up true. My thinking is, all of the Brawl cast will be planned based on Sakurai's statements about cuts, but some may not finish in time.
Some of brawls leaks specified characters getting cut.

But wow would I love for this leak to be true.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228

Characters-
[Returning from Melee]
*Mewtwo

[Cut from Brawl]
*Snake
*Old PKMN Trainer
*Wolf

*Villager
*Megaman
*WFT
*Rosalina and Luma
*Little Mac
*Chrom and Lucina
*Dixie Kong
*King K. Rool
*Ridley
*Shulk
*Palutena
*Mii
*Takamaru
*Dillon

[Returning- Revamped!]
*Temple
*Corneria
*Saffron City
*Luigi's Mansion

[New Stages {Wii U}]
*New Fire Emblem Stage

Again, grain of salt.
What's with all the leaks claiming Chrom & Lucina match-up? It's such a bizarre idea; one guy mentioned it once, and his leak has been debunked, and all of a sudden everyone seems to think it's likely to happen.

Also, we've already heard that we aren't getting anywhere near as many newcomers as with Brawl (sorry, I can't find the source on that one), so 16 newcomers seems really unlikely.

Any leak with more than 12 newcomers is almost certainly fake, and this one especially reeks of fan-created wishful thinking.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
What's with all the leaks claiming Chrom & Lucina match-up? It's such a bizarre idea; one guy mentioned it once, and his leak has been debunked, and all of a sudden everyone seems to think it's likely to happen.

Also, we've already heard that we aren't getting anywhere near as many newcomers as with Brawl (sorry, I can't find the source on that one), so 16 newcomers seems really unlikely.

Any leak with more than 12 newcomers is almost certainly fake, and this one especially reeks of fan-created wishful thinking.
I don't believe Sakurai has explicitly stated that we wont be anywhere near brawls newcomer count, but just simply not as many. I think that quote was also before the partner with Namco Bandai was made (someone correct me if i'm wrong). Who knows, Sakurai might overwhelm us this time to get the opposite effect that brawl got in it's beginning stage.

andimidna

Smash Master
With that E. Gadd leak that has a Toad house and Bowser Jr. being AT's that throw out other items, I would discredit that leak because I don't think it's possible to have an assist trophy that releases other items because what if the assist trophy is the only item turned on?

I do like the idea of E. Gadd being a darkhorse character though, with Dark Moon being recently released. Kind of like how Rosalina sort of caught everyone by surprise. Not one person was talking about him before the leak. He would make for a really unique moveset with all of his inventions; i.e. the paintbrush, FLUDD, the poltergeist, etc.
Tingle's assist does the same sort of thing.
I think Togepi's pokeball did too... can't remember.

And was Rosalina actually surprising? I don't think that many people didn't see her coming...
Also, FLUDD would have to be removed from Mario to be given to E Gadd, and it looks like it's returning. Poltergeist is possible Luigi's new final smash. And the Paintbrush being made by E Gadd is more of an Easter Egg than him actually ever using it.
It's a neat idea, and I like it... but this guy hasn't even been able to make it to Mario Kart yet... just seems odd that they'd go for a 6th Mario rep at all...

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
found out who the last character is according to jason. apparently its ghirahim, unsurprising but completley satisfying for me.

still calling bs trying to get him to admit to lying but hes being stubborn. not sure what to think. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I'd comment about Wolf being dropped with no replacement. That seems ODD to me and someone else said this seems familiar. A disproven leak if I recall.

Still, add in Krystal and that'd be pretty perfect. It's a solid mix of newcomers and franchise add-ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom