• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Exactly. That's what I hope for (maybe a demo if the gods are bored taunting us).
And maybe some new 3DS gameplay. We haven't seen any since E3...
The gods never tire of taunting us. I have learned that over the years.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I know he did. I believe he said he wanted to bring some retro characters similar to how he brought Pit back. Obviously we will be getting a few retro reps aside from Little Mac, but what I was saying was that the theme of this game (character wise) would have more of a new generation feel to it. Obviously it's too early to judge, but that's just what I'm seeing so far.
Yeah. Nice observation

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I love how everyone is hoping for X character simply because he/she/it will "kill" so many leaks. Here's the thing about them though: THEY DON'T DIE.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Probably "Common Sense"...
Perhaps. Or you could call it pessimism.

Shan't, what a great word. Besides that I dont see why we wont get a demo. It would be the ultimate hype builder.
The only reason I can see it not happening is Sakurai wanting to keep the hype stowed inside us all until release day.

Have nintendo ever done a public demo/beta for anything?

That's sooooo microsoft and sony...so i say they wont do it plus too good to be true.
Public demos have been a thing many a time. As an example, Fire Emblem Awakening had a demo before it was released. Many other games have had such a treatment, but I can't remember them now.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
The only reason I can see it not happening is Sakurai wanting to keep the hype stowed inside us all until release day.
But then whats the point of a demo, if not to build hype. If you were to feed me one small bit of chocolate, I would want the entire chocolate bar. Its the same deal with a demo

Extrain

Smash Journeyman

It seems like someone didn't try... Though to be fair Diddy's icon looked a bit weird too before seeing his full render in comparison to the others.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well, the issue we have is the limited uses...
The lowest amount of uses I have seen a demo have is 10. That's more than enough to for you to try it out yourself, perhaps with some friends should that be a feature, and still have enough uses to hold you over for a while if you use them sparingly.

And even then, you can just make a new account on the Wii U and download it to that one. :awesome:
But then whats the point of a demo, if not to build hype. If you were to feed me one small bit of chocolate, I would want the entire chocolate bar. Its the same deal with a demo
I only proposed what I thought could happen. I never said there was any logic behind it. :laugh:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The lowest amount of uses I have seen a demo have is 10. That's more than enough to for you to try it out yourself, perhaps with some friends should that be a feature, and still have enough uses to hold you over for a while if you use them sparingly.
[/quote]
Eh. It's just I'd like at least more than 10 uses. As I'll be playing it, a lot.

And even then, you can just make a new account on the Wii U and download it to that one. :awesome:
Well, about that...

andimidna

Smash Master

It seems like someone didn't try... Though to be fair Diddy's icon looked a bit weird too before seeing his full render in comparison to the others.
It's fake. Go look at the official page for Diddy Kong (or any character) and see how far away the Arrow and the link to the website are.
They're very spaced apart.
There also isn't a ">" symbol after the link. This symbol appears after every link on the page.
Yoshi's name isn't even centered under his icon... it's too far to the left. And looks darker than the rest of the names.
And on top of all that, there are random white rectangles where the green meets the white on the page.
So it's not just that the picture is bad, there are so many things showing it's a very bad fake.
EDIT: Yay! My first time proving something fake!
EDIT 2: just added some more proof to the top points

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Hey guys... I just noticed something weird... go check King Dedede on the official website...
The link to Kirby Triple Deluxe is gone, isn't it?
Why is this?
I'd like to say "Meta Knight confirmed to be using the link soon!"
But that doesn't make sense, Peach and Rosalina both link to the SM3DW website.
So why is this?
EDIT: Woah, where'd eveybody go? Sorry about the double post.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Hey guys... I just noticed something weird... go check King Dedede on the official website...
Why is this?
So why is this?
DDD never linked to Triple Deluxe iirc, it was to the official Kirby website. I think since Triple Deluxe is coming soon, they'll re-link him to that when the time comes.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Why is this?
So why is this?
Nice catch...Maybe it's a site error that happened while updating Diddy. But your theory is certainly plausible.
DDD never linked to Triple Deluxe iirc, it was to the official Kirby website. I think since Triple Deluxe is coming soon, they'll re-link him to that when the time comes.
This too.

Edit: Yep. http://www.smashbros.com/jp/characters/dedede.html It's on the JP page, but no English. So that's that. Waiting for the English release I guess.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Nice catch...Maybe it's a site error that happened while updating Diddy. But your theory is certainly plausible.

This too.

Edit: Yep. http://www.smashbros.com/jp/characters/dedede.html It's on the JP page, but no English. So that's that. Waiting for the English release I guess.
Ah, ok. That makes sense. You'd think they would have waited a bit longer to delete it so they could add the new link in April though...
Oh well. They probably thought nobody would care or notice

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Meta Knight might be revealed to coincide with the Europe release date of the game, There will probably be a newcomer on May first, then the swordsman himself will be revealed.
What newcomer could be revealed on May 1st? :awesome:

Shroob

Sup?
Meta Knight might be revealed to coincide with the Europe release date of the game, There will probably be a newcomer on May first, then the swordsman himself will be revealed.
I'd honestly be surprised. Considering we predicted that Meta Knight's roll is more or less Non-Existent in Triple Deluxe, that's why we predicted Dedede.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
What newcomer could be revealed on May 1st? :awesome:
Cooking Mama turns up the heat! In celebration of Mothers Day, I would like to present to you, our new character!

Happy Mothers Day! Lucas returns to the Rumble, as he cries over the loss dead of his Mother!

I think I got the wrong month, but whatever.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
It'd be nice since it seems like Sakurai has began acknowledging English release dates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom