• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I would also like a source on this. I was operating under the assumption that he was going to save the vast majority of newcomers until launch.
A vast majority? A simple majority would imply at least 11 newcommers. A vast majority a considerable amount more then that. I'm inclined to disagree, but I daresay there will be some newcommers that Sakurai doesn't reveal until launch. Any leak that claims otherwise is really stretching it.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
I read an interesting rumor that Ghirahim, (re-reveal) Mewtwo, Palutena, and strangely, the Prince of Sable would be revealed at E3. The rumor stated that Namco-Bandai has one rep, but it's may or may not be Pac-Man and is otherwise unknown. Also, Isaac returns as a playable character and strangely, Roy also makes a return.

Among others, Chrom will be playable. Lucina appears as assist trophy. Ike is not cut, making no female Fire Emblem reps.

Basically, a full roster of newcomers was provided in the rumor:

-Prince of Sable (coincides with some kind of American 3DS promotion- "Sable's Adventure: The Snake Forest or Forest Snake: Adventure of Sable," rough translation)
-Takamaru
-Palutena
-Little Mac
-Rosalina
-Dixie Kong
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Chrom
-Ghirahim
-Isaac
-*Roy
-*Mewtwo
-Ridley
-Villager
-Poo
-Alph (with Rock, Flying, Red, Blue, and Yellow pikmin, as opposed to white and purple)

some other interesting info was posted too like the introduction of a character called "Smash Man"... just something worth noting
This info was posted by someone named Ren on 4chan... idk just something I found. Tell me what you think

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
We have a leaker who claims to have talked to a previous correct Brawl leaker. We've eliminated ChaosZero as the source, and she was one of the only other sources that were correct.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
No matter how convincing any leak is, I won't believe it until I see it.
I read an interesting rumor that Ghirahim, (re-reveal) Mewtwo, Palutena, and strangely, the Prince of Sable would be revealed at E3. The rumor stated that Namco-Bandai has one rep, but it's may or may not be Pac-Man and is otherwise unknown. Also, Isaac returns as a playable character and strangely, Roy also makes a return.

Among others, Chrom will be playable. Lucina appears as assist trophy. Ike is not cut, making no female Fire Emblem reps.

-Prince of Sable (coincides with some kind of American 3DS promotion- "Sable's Adventure: The Snake Forest or Forest Snake: Adventure of Sable," rough translation)
-Takamaru
-Palutena
-Little Mac
-Rosalina
-Dixie Kong
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Chrom
-Ghirahim
-Isaac
-*Roy
-*Mewtwo
-Ridley
-Villager
-Poo
-Alph (with Rock, Flying, Red, Blue, and Yellow pikmin, as opposed to white and purple)

some other interesting info was posted too like the introduction of a character called "Smash Man"... just something worth noting
This info was posted by someone named Ren on 4chan... idk just something I found. Tell me what you think
Do you have the link?

StupendousMike

Smash Ace

-Takamaru
-Palutena
-Little Mac
-Rosalina
-Dixie Kong
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Chrom
-Ghirahim
-Isaac
-*Roy
-*Mewtwo
-Ridley
-Villager
-Poo

That would make 17 newcomers. Not impossible, and I'd be okay with it, since all of my faves would get in, but it seems awfully steep.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
No matter how convincing any leak is, I won't believe it until I see it.

Do you have the link?
I did but I lost it, it's definitely on there though. I don't know if you can do some searches of something. His/her name was Ren.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

-Takamaru
-Palutena
-Little Mac
-Rosalina
-Dixie Kong
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Chrom
-Ghirahim
-Isaac
-*Roy
-*Mewtwo
-Ridley
-Villager
-Poo

Who in gods name is "Poo"?

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929

-Takamaru
-Palutena
-Little Mac
-Rosalina
-Dixie Kong
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Chrom
-Ghirahim
-Isaac
-*Roy
-*Mewtwo
-Ridley
-Villager
-Poo

That leak is so intense that it removed Mega Man from the game.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
No way an Eathbound character that isn't Claus or Pokey/Porkey will be a newcomer.

LF2K

Floor Diver
A samurai monk. :smirk:

But on the topic on the rest of the characters, it seems odd Roy and Chrom both are in. And where's Mega Man?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
This leak is silly. I really don't think they'd make Alph playable.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
So, I just wanted to put this image out here and discuss into detail of Ness being in SSB4, which would be quite obvious, unless he was replaced with Ninten (from Mother) or Lucas (from Mother 3).

If you truly look at the photo, you can see a lot of ways to prove it's real, and fake.

Fake:
Ness's shirt is slightly off.
The blurryness can be debunked, it's on 3DS, not Wii U.
The shadow under jigglypuff is too vague, ness doesn't even have a shadow.
Real:
The red collar is actually part of Ness's design, look at the old clay models/artwork of ness from mother 2, he does have a red collar.
The outline is exactly what is shows to be in gameplay on 3DS.
Every shadow I've seen so far of characters are vague circles seen on the ground.
Speculation:
Understand that every Smash game has had redesigns with characters, either the characters are made to closely resemble cartoon style, or made to look just like how they were original made (ex. ness), or made to look realistic.

Leaked images are usually fake, but this image just doesn't seem fake to me (and many others). Ness's artwork was also leaked, which shows exactly what is seen on the model of Ness in the picture. Just remember that Ness is part of the original 12.

Just take a second to look at the artwork of Ness from Earthbound, here is the link.
Ness Earthbound Artwork Link: (Google Images)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3d/Ness_Clay_Model.png
I posted a picture of Ness and Jigglypuff for people to understand what picture I'm looking at.
Pictures:
VgskHAc.png

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So, I just wanted to put this image out here and discuss into detail of Ness being in SSB4, which would be quite obvious, unless he was replaced with Ninten (from Mother) or Lucas (from Mother 3).

If you truly look at the photo, you can see a lot of ways to prove it's real, and fake.

Fake:
Real:
The red collar is actually part of Ness's design, look at the old clay models/artwork of ness from mother 2, he does have a red collar.
Every shadow I've seen so far of characters are vague circles seen on the ground.
Speculation:
Understand that every Smash game has had redesigns with characters, either the characters are made to closely resemble cartoon style, or made to look just like how they were original made (ex. ness), or made to look realistic.

Leaked images are usually fake, but this image just doesn't seem fake to me (and many others). Ness's artwork was also leaked, which shows exactly what is seen on the model of Ness in the picture. Just remember that Ness is part of the original 12.

Just take a second to look at the artwork of Ness from Earthbound, here is the link.
I posted a picture of Ness and Jigglypuff for people to understand what picture I'm looking at.
Pictures:
View attachment 8563
digging up a real old fake arnt we

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Fake:
Real:
Speculation:

Pictures:
View attachment 8563
We've murdered this picture 3 times already.
The model of Jiggs is literally her Brawl one (The eyes are a dead giveaway). And Ness has no shadow.

But it's not like either of these chaps are in serious jeopardy of their slot on the roster.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord

Fake:
Real:
Speculation:

Pictures:
View attachment 8563
You do bring up some very good points. However, nearly everyone believes this is fake.
And the Ness artwork leak hasn't been confirmed yet.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The Mii is a redundant character. We already have the villager who is already an avatar character and will likely be customizable in both gender and appearance.
Little late, but Sakurai said the customization would have nothing to do with costumes. It's pretty likely the different colors simply change his appearance. To say the Miis are redundant on a maybe is silly.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Out of curiosity, did anyone post this yet?
Previous page, one of the last posts. And then I had this image saying "I can't let you disprove that, BigAxle."
I WANT TO TRY AND MAKE A DECISION BUT EVERYTHING KEEPS SAYING NO. It's just all adding up, I can't really even make a prediction on it's legitimacy. :ohwell:

Last edited:

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Wow, Alf is rumored for Smash? Oh, Alph...nvm.

I'm on #TeamReal, but I wish I had a "TeamReala (from Nights) icon just for the lulz.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
And from what it seems, he just appears to be an Olimar clone except with 2 different pikmin.

....yay....
I can't even fathom how Sakurai would seriously consider an Olimar clone. It seriously confuses me when 5 Newcomers are already here and only one is a newcomer to an existing series, and we're expecting something from Pikmin over some series like DK or Troid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom