• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Can we please stop re-posting leaks that have already been debunked?

At least brief the last five pages and read the OP before posting something.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
any leak with no ridley is fake I tell you faaaakkkkeeee :p
Hey, I'm inclined to believe that. I just want to kill off those pesky leaks that just say "No Ridley and no K. Rool, that's it **** you."

Can't have those lying around...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, the file for Namco Rep literally reads "Namco Rep," and yet he knows for absolute sure that it's not Pacman...riiiiight.

Seems as though this latest batch of "leakers" noticed Sable in that one leak and figured they might as well jump on the bandwagon.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I have important information for all Smash fans. I have gained access to secret files from Nintendo that unearth quite some interesting features in the game.

First and foremost, the newcomers (in no order of revelation)
-Prince of Sable
-Takamaru
-Shulk
-Megaman
-Palutena
-Little Mac
-Rosalina
-Dixie Kong
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Chrom
-Ghirahim
-Isaac
-*Roy
-*Mewtwo
-Ridley
-Villager
-Poo
-Namco Rep (unspecified)
***Pac-Man no where to be found

Those who have been cut: (a few)
-Snake
-Pokemon Trainer
-R.O.B., possibly, (strange filename that suggested he was still in... not for sure)

A certain file, a video, to be exact, revealed early Adventure mode gameplay.
The mode features character trailers for each character that begins the adventure. For instance, Villager's character trailer depicts him running from the mailbox (as in his reveal trailer) and meeting Mario in Smashville (between the cutscene and battle there is a short loadtime).
Prince of Sable, who is an unfamiliar character in the West, makes his debut in a promotional campaign to support his first American release on the 3DS: サブレの冒険:蛇の森 (trans. Forest Snake: The Adventure of Sablé or Sable's Adventure: The Snake Forest)
Event matches return in some form, difficulties eliminated--difficulties increase toward final event matches similar to SSBM, I suppose. One of the particular event matches I saw was called "King of the Ring" and it was where you had to play as Little Mac and fight Donkey Kong on Mac's stage.

A list of character Assist Trophies provided:
-King Hippo
-King K. Rool
-Ninten
-Lucina
-Someone called Smash Man, however found file both in AsstTrophy/Character and character lists???
Ghirahim, (re-reveal) Mewtwo, Palutena, Prince of Sable would be revealed at E3 2014
Ike is not cut, contrary to popular belief.
Roy returns among others (Mewtwo)

55 characters total including transformations
I hope this information proves valuable to all you smashers!!!
In case it gets deleted, here it is in text.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
If GameFAQS has the mental capacity to debunk a leak then you KNOW it's a sh*tty leak.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Little late, but Sakurai said the customization would have nothing to do with costumes. It's pretty likely the different colors simply change his appearance. To say the Miis are redundant on a maybe is silly.
Oh, well my bad then. I didn't know Sakurai had said that. Honestly I was just trying really hard to piss off that SuperNintendoDisney guy so he'd leave. Still though it seems kind of odd to make a character like the villager, who's known for customization, not customizable don't you think? I mean in the beginning, Sakurai said this game would have a focus on customization to let people stand out. I assumed he was talking about costumes. I guess customizing attacks is innovative, but I feel it takes away from competitive play quite a a bit. I believe the game would be enjoyed more overall if costumes were customizable rather than attacks, but that's just my opinion.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Oh, well my bad then. I didn't know Sakurai had said that. Honestly I was just trying really hard to piss off that SuperNintendoDisney guy so he'd leave. Still though it seems kind of odd to make a character like the villager, who's known for customization, not customizable don't you think? I mean in the beginning, Sakurai said this game would have a focus on customization to let people stand out. I assumed he was talking about costumes. I guess customizing attacks is innovative, but I feel it takes away from competitive play quite a a bit. I believe the game would be enjoyed more overall if costumes were customizable rather than attacks, but that's just my opinion.
Judging from the 'directionality of attacks' thing, it probably won't be major and will likely be ignored in competitive SSBU.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Judging from the 'directionality of attacks' thing, it probably won't be major and will likely be ignored in competitive SSBU.
I agree, I assume that competitive play will just ban any sort of attack customization. I'm just saying if it was costume customization, competitive play might allow it. This would give the hardcore players a unique and recognizable look that goes beyond which color they pick and their name, which would make the game more... how to say this... relatable? I dunno, but I think it would give competitive players an opportunity to establish an identity they can build on.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I agree, I assume that competitive play will just ban any sort of attack customization. I'm just saying if it was costume customization, competitive play might allow it. This would give the hardcore players a unique and recognizable look that goes beyond which color they pick and their name, which would make the game more... how to say this... relatable? I dunno, but I think it would give competitive players an opportunity to establish an identity they can build on.
To be honest, I hope the customization isn't banned from tournaments. Unless there's some OP setups it wouldn't effect much from the sounds of it.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I hope the customization isn't banned from tournaments. Unless there's some OP setups it wouldn't effect much from the sounds of it.
Maybe not, but I don't know. I'm too lazy (drunk) to read up on it right now. If they keep the customizations balanced (like for example, power up the damage on your forward smash by 5% for the cost of 10% off all other smashes) then I can see that being allowed. The top priority for tournaments is going to be fair play. If attack customizations tip the scale too much they won't be allowed.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Maybe not, but I don't know. I'm too lazy (drunk) to read up on it right now. If they keep the customizations balanced (like for example, power up the damage on your forward smash by 5% for the cost of 10% off all other smashes) then I can see that being allowed. The top priority for tournaments is going to be fair play. If attack customizations tip the scale too much they won't be allowed.
You're basically caught up. It's just ''directionality'' (whatever that means), and ''not costumes.''

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
while searching for PortraitOfRuin i can to wonder how would this guy get her aim, to get into contact with her in the first place?

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
It lost me at Roy. I don't think Roy's ever coming back.
Not just that, but bringing Roy back and not having either R.O.B. or Charizard in any form. Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake are, I admit, more subject to cuts, but still have stronger chances than a four-character FE roster.
Who would believe Marth, Roy, Ike, and Chrom in the same roster?

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
Dont really care if anyone gets cut because they'll be added again ala Project M.
That said, I havent seen a single leak/rumour that contains Snake

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
while searching for PortraitOfRuin i can to wonder how would this guy get her aim, to get into contact with her in the first place?
Not that hard? You just PM someone on gamefaqs, if you aren't a moron or creep you chat them up, hit it off and exchange aims, or look at their profile info if they left it in there.

Also, it seems that one of the better smashes with sakurai, actually trying, is bringing out the worst in the smash community. People flipped over Lucario's announcement. These truly can't be smash fans, Sakurai is NAILING this roster. Villager, Mega Man, Little Mac... It's truly a celebration of Nintendo this time.

splat

Smash Lord
I've got two questions:

1) How come the "All newcomers were leaked along Little Mac, Pac Man and the Miis" is still allowed to exist, yet all the other rumor threads are locked/merged with this one? Seems a bit redundant to me, because that rumor is often discussed here as well.
2) If I want to create a (not-so-serious) series on recreating/debunking the leaks we've seen so far, where can I post it? I thought we had a blog function here on Smashboards before...

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Here's a leak I dug up; I can't remember where I found it, but I think it was 4chan;
As he (Sakurai) revealed with Alfonzo, he confirmed background characters can be added. Then he changed the logos in the arena to Punch Out logos. He specifically set this up so fan-favorites Ridley and Toad now are possible, as Ridley was said to be a background character, and Toad will be changed to Toadsworth or another colour of Toad. He's been appealing more to casual players, so he added Toad, who has appeared in most casual and party Mario games. Ridley has been a request by a majority of western fans, so he was added to sell more of the game. He also has uploaded a screenshot of a Palutena photo. If you couldn't guess, yes, she is playable.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Here's a leak I dug up; I can't remember where I found it, but I think it was 4chan;
As he (Sakurai) revealed with Alfonzo, he confirmed background characters can be added. Then he changed the logos in the arena to Punch Out logos. He specifically set this up so fan-favorites Ridley and Toad now are possible, as Ridley was said to be a background character, and Toad will be changed to Toadsworth or another colour of Toad. He's been appealing more to casual players, so he added Toad, who has appeared in most casual and party Mario games. Ridley has been a request by a majority of western fans, so he was added to sell more of the game. He also has uploaded a screenshot of a Palutena photo. If you couldn't guess, yes, she is playable.
Is that really a leak or a piece of speculation? :?:

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
First, we need the source
Second, that sounds like utter BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom