• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That's kind of what makes the Palutena leak so easy for many to accept in the first place, this forum in particular has always been pretty good about breaking down and elimating these type of things but this went on for liternally days and the only thing we have on it are various nitpicks and possible scenerios but we haven't been able to entirely break it like we have with other images.
We've tried (heck I should know, as I've attempted twice). But ever since that one pic of Viridi came around, it's like every time we try, it's always pushed off as nothing.
"She just isn't finished yet", "She just has a different art style", "You're just grasping at straws now."
It's like we're trying to keep defending it in the shear hope that it might be real.
Heck I'm really the only one who's still trying to debunk it. But look where that gets me.
But, then again, look at a couple pages ago. I tried, heck I even thought at one point that I may have just figured it out.
But it only gets pushed of as nonsense. Just another worthless attempt. And if that's what you get, there's no real point.
I mean the only reason why I still don't believe it is because the model looks off to me. It just doesn't look right to me. It feels different from the art style of the rest.
I honestly don't know what's good about it. Maybe it's just the pessimist in me. But IMO it just doesn't look believeable.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Mewtwos birthday is tomorrow not yesterday

And there is a 20% chance it could happen tomorrow
You know sakurai with the suprise attacks and plus lucario did become mewtwos rival
And sakurai could give this to mewtwo as a birthday gift
And last but not least to get the mewtwo fans to shut up about whining about lucario being confirmed and not mewtwo

But yea if sakurai hints his birthday in a quote tomorrow that's pretty much the final piece of the puzzle of mewtwo coming back

Oh one more thing probably due to too many bright spots but how is the falco gameplay picture fake?
... sorry, misspoke.

And well, the main thing that I'd say prevents Mewtwo from being revealed tomorrow, is that we so recently got Lucario. I know we've gotten characters very Close Before, but Diddy is very likely to be shown when Tropical Freeze releases. I feel that would be 'overkill'. Then again, it's the year of the release, so it may not be strange. Plus, it seems Sakurai wasn't allowed to show Pokémon stuff Before now, so maybe he just shows Everything he wanted to show Before, maybe including Mewtwo.

I certanly hope so, I miss Mewtwo<3

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
/breaths heavily

Ugh, why does all the big stuff happen right after I sign off for the night?

Anyway, just thought I'd bring up something interesting. At E3, Sakurai said they pretty much already had the roster decided, which is quite a few months before Pokemon X and Y came out. So could it be that no Pokemon from gen VI will have a chance at being playable since they didn't know which ones would become popular?

But at the same time there is X and Y content in the game (Xerneas), so who knows.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say there is no chance necessarily for a Gen VI rep. Sakurai also said he goes to Gamefreak personally and asks them which pokemon is big right now. I'm sure the Gen VI pokemon were created long before X and Y were released so they could have very easily given Sakurai one in advance. That said, I don't expect a Gen VI poke simply because there isn't a poster child like Lucario was for Gen IV. I think the Brawl+Mewtwo theory is the safest bet.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I wouldn't say there is no chance necessarily for a Gen VI rep. Sakurai also said he goes to Gamefreak personally and asks them which pokemon is big right now. I'm sure the Gen VI pokemon were created long before X and Y were released so they could have very easily given Sakurai one in advance. That said, I don't expect a Gen VI poke simply because there isn't a poster child like Lucario was for Gen IV. I think the Brawl+Mewtwo theory is the safest bet.
Well, there's always Greninja.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
... sorry, misspoke.

And well, the main thing that I'd say prevents Mewtwo from being revealed tomorrow, is that we so recently got Lucario. I know we've gotten characters very Close Before, but Diddy is very likely to be shown when Tropical Freeze releases. I feel that would be 'overkill'. Then again, it's the year of the release, so it may not be strange. Plus, it seems Sakurai wasn't allowed to show Pokémon stuff Before now, so maybe he just shows Everything he wanted to show Before, maybe including Mewtwo.

I certanly hope so, I miss Mewtwo<3
Sonic got revealed 6 days after toon link thats less than a week (I think)

And we may be right about sakurai revealing more stuff as we get closer and closer to the release of smash 4 (theres a chance we might be upgrading to 2 characters a month)

Well diddy kong is morely the speed bump for mewtwo but however its not impossible for no one to be revealed for DCTF

And as for wingedSnagret quote about sakurai already finished the roster before x and y (dude may I remind you and everyone people have second thoughts about stuff so sakurai could change the roster I mean after all how come toon link got added when he was the train conductor before besides the new toon link game)

I dunno, they've actually been playing up the Lucario vs Blaziken thing a little bit more since Generation 6 started.

That picture was in the magazine that had the first few looks of pokemon x and y

At E3, Sakurai said they pretty much already had the roster decided, which is quite a few months before Pokemon X and Y came out. So could it be that no Pokemon from gen VI will have a chance at being playable since they didn't know which ones would become popular?
True, but the Pokémon Company knew which ones they wanted to promote the hardest. So far, it's been Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Charizard X, Sylveon, and, from the cartoon, Froakie. The latter two seem like Poké Ball bait to me, but I won't even pretend I can read the minds of Sakurai and the Pokémon Company gods.

I believe Lucario was also greenlit into Brawl before his own promotion was rolled out, so it's happened before. I think they count on Smash Bros. making the Pokémon popular if it isn't already.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
On the topic of Mewtwo, Sakurai said something that hinted at his inclusion. I can't remember what, though.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
True, but the Pokémon Company knew which ones they wanted to promote the hardest. So far, it's been Mega Mewtwo Y, Sylveon, and, from the cartoon, Froakie. The latter two seem like Poké Ball bait to me, but I won't even pretend I can read the minds of Sakurai and the Pokémon Company gods.

I believe Lucario was also greenlit into Brawl before his own promotion was rolled out, so it's happened before. I think they count on Smash Bros. making the Pokémon popular if it isn't already.
True. Smash Bros. does have that ability of making just about anything popular. Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, and even Wii Fit (sort of) got quite a boost in popularity after having playable characters from their respective franchises appear in the rosters.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't see why it can't be questioned, it's not really that he's a shoe-in considering he was left out of brawl and there is no clear evidence to his inclusion other then a vague statement form Sakurai and his popularity which neither makes him a shoe-in, simply a possiblility.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I don't see why it can't be questioned, it's not really that he's a shoe-in considering he was left out of brawl and there is no clear evidence to his inclusion other then a vague statement form Sakurai and his popularity which neither makes him a shoe-in, simply a possiblility.
He's a shoe-in in the sense that his fans think he's likely.Like Little Mac, K.Rool and Ridley.

Uh, never mind. I didn't say anything.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
OMG what is your peoples problem how is everything below not enough for you people

1. At E3 pokemon a fan asked about mewtwo I. SSB4 no one talked for a few second the. Sakurai said we are considering it.
  2. Mewtwo is one of the presenters of mega evolutions
  3. Mewtwo was almost done in brawl but only got kicked to time contrast NOT replaced by lucario
  4. Mewtwo now has a 3rd movie which got released in 2013 (:glare:Except for the part of that mewtwo having a female voice)
  5. Mewtwo and charizard are the only ones with 2 mega forms
  6. Fans practically went on strike because of mewtwo being kicked in brawl
  7. He's the most requested veteran
  8. Lucario and mewtwo are rivals now because of that magazine picture of them fighting in there mega forms
  9. And now game freak probably gave sakurai the AOK of revealing pokemon stuff for SSB4 now
  10. And there's a glimmer of opportunity to reveal him tomorrow for mewtwos birthday
  11. He was mean't for smash brothers 64 which means he was supose to be in all of them which means it should have ben called the original 13 (but has to be called the original 12)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
He's a shoe-in in the sense that his fans think he's likely.Like Little Mac, K.Rool and Ridley.

Uh, never mind. I didn't say anything.
K. Rool and Ridley aren't shoo-ins.
Little Mac is. He's got a stage already, he's got a recent reboot, he's popular...
Lots of things on his side.
Mewtwo is as close to a shoo-in that you'll get though.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I think one thing we have to consider regarding playable Pokemon is that they don't necessarily have to be a "popular" sort to be playable. I mean... who honestly listed Ivysaur among favorites before Brawl?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I think one thing we have to consider regarding playable Pokemon is that they don't necessarily have to be a "popular" sort to be playable. I mean... who honestly listed Ivysaur among favorites before Brawl?
To be fair, Ivysaur only got into the game on the backs of Charizard and Squirtle, two of the most popular Pokemon of all time. If it wasn't for completion's sake, Ivysaur wouldn't have stood a chance.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, are there any recent Rumors or something, maybe? Or some old rumors effected by Palkia, even? Anything at all? *has nothing to do*

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
That particular situation is a little different though. If you're going to have the Kanto trio, and each at a different evolutionary stage, Charizard is obviously going to take top spot, and Squirtle is the second favorite of the initial forms, so Ivysaur really didn't have an option.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
K. Rool and Ridley aren't shoo-ins.
Little Mac is. He's got a stage already, he's got a recent reboot, he's popular...
Lots of things on his side.
Mewtwo is as close to a shoo-in that you'll get though.
It's not his stage. Why? Because it's not similar to the Wii Punch Out's ring. Sakurai could of changed it? Why would he change up a comparable nothing series' stage, but not touch :delfino:, Skyloft, and Rainbow road? And wouldn't it of had Punch Out characters running around fighting the characters? Sakurai has never plastered the SSB logo on a stage so much, nor has he changed a location so much.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Come on guys, getting off topic. Let's give the moderator a break and not make him tell us to get back on topic.

I have a RUMOUR though, and it's that Mewtwo will NOT be announced tomorrow. #boom.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Come on guys, getting off topic. Let's give the moderator a break and not make him tell us to get back on topic.

I have a RUMOUR though, and it's that Mewtwo will NOT be announced tomorrow. #boom.
Well, what else can we talk about?
We've already killed the rumors that came by, the Palutena leak has already been dead. So there's no use bringing that back. Other that that, there's not much else...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
OMG what is your peoples problem how is everything below not enough for you people

1. At E3 pokemon a fan asked about mewtwo I. SSB4 no one talked for a few second the. Sakurai said we are considering it.
  2. Mewtwo is one of the presenters of mega evolutions
  3. Mewtwo was almost done in brawl but only got kicked to time contrast NOT replaced by lucario
  4. Mewtwo now has a 3rd movie which got released in 2013 (:glare:Except for the part of that mewtwo having a female voice)
  5. Mewtwo and charizard are the only ones with 2 mega forms
  6. Fans practically went on strike because of mewtwo being kicked in brawl
  7. He's the most requested veteran
  8. Lucario and mewtwo are rivals now because of that magazine picture of them fighting in there mega forms
  9. And now game freak probably gave sakurai the AOK of revealing pokemon stuff for SSB4 now
  10. And there's a glimmer of opportunity to reveal him tomorrow for mewtwos birthday
  11. He was mean't for smash brothers 64 which means he was supose to be in all of them which means it should have ben called the original 13 (but has to be called the original 12)
I understand those points entirely and it does provide supporting evidence for his inclusion. However, I stress this clearly, this is only supporting evidence it is not conclusive. We cannot assume ANY character is going to necessarily make it in for the sake of it. Doesn't matter if it's Palutena, Ridley, Mewtwo, etc. We can definitely look for evidence to increase the likelyhood of said character and I'm definitely not saying Mewtwo doesn't have a good shot. I will always over refuses whole heartedly to assume absolutes in regards to any character.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It's not his stage. Why? Because it's not similar to the Wii Punch Out's ring.
It is so similar to Punch Out's ring that it isn't funny.
The only difference is the Smash logo in the center, which could basically just be a fun little "smash circuit".
And no, Punch Out characters make no sense as stage hazards...

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
It's not his stage. Why? Because it's not similar to the Wii Punch Out's ring. Sakurai could of changed it? Why would he change up a comparable nothing series' stage, but not touch :delfino:, Skyloft, and Rainbow road? And wouldn't it of had Punch Out characters running around fighting the characters? Sakurai has never plastered the SSB logo on a stage so much, nor has he changed a location so much.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I second that milksplosion. It is very clearly a Punch Out Stage. With a Smash Emblem in the middle.

Anyways, I guess there are no new Rumors or so, then? That's a shame. ._.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It is so similar to Punch Out's ring that it isn't funny.
The only difference is the Smash logo in the center, which could basically just be a fun little "smash circuit".
Why must I keep misspeaking? I ment it's not the same. And the logo is only one difference. The crowd for example, is completely different. The ropes? Not only are they gold in the champions circuit, they're red/white/blue IRL.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Why must I keep misspeaking? I ment it's not the same. And the logo is only one difference. The crowd for example, is completely different. The ropes? Not only are they gold in the champions circuit, they're red/white/blue IRL.
:facepalm:
Then MAYBE, just maybe, it's NOT the champion's circuit?
And the crowd is pretty similar actually.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
He did change Delfino Plaza though, he already did "generic" stages (Star Fox and Fire Emblem Brawl Stages) and the ring looks like a Punch Out Ring.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Actually, the boxing ring stage bears resemblance to the Major Circuit ring from the Wii version of Punch-Out.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Actually, the boxing ring stage bears resemblance to the Major Circuit ring from the Wii version of Punch-Out.
People keep arguing over which ring it is on other forums...
The major circuit doesn't have a giant flat screen or flame throwers. The biggest change to Delfeino is that the Pianta statue is gone, and Skyloft and Rainbow Road are direct rips from their games + a fighting platform. Why show favoritism to Punch Out?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That boxing ring could be called "Smash Circuit". The name is based on how the circuits are named "Minor Circuit", "Major Circuit", and "World Circuit" in Punch-Out!! games.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
First point: Why are we discussing stages here when there's a thread for that? Why come here if there are no rumors to discuss?

Second point: The boxing ring could be a Punch-Out!! stage even if not based on any of the rings on the series. Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege and the Pokémon Stadiums are not specific locations from the series they represent, yet they still have elements from the games overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom