• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I like Spear Pillar....

It had Pokemon on it...

I like Pokemon....

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
But doesn't almost half of the roster assist the main character in their series? How is that legitimate?
Like: :luigi2::falco::lucario::ivysaur::charizard::squirtle::zeldamelee::sheik::pikachu2::mewtwomelee::pichumelee::jigglypuff::diddy::rosalina:
And sometimes: :warioc::dedede::metaknight::yoshi2::peach:
Yep. That logic would pretty much confirm Rosalina as a Mario AT, not that he was being totally serious.

If Diddy was an AT, I'd just be mad all the time.

All the time.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I know that the new Falco leak has been disproved, but just to add to the injury isn't he doing Fox's forward air in the picture?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It is interesting that Sakurai is finally showing Pokemon stuff in SSB4... I guess the Pokemon Company gave Sakurai the OK... I guess they are done with deciding the Pokemon roster. *crosses fingers for a Pokemon newcomer besides Brawl + Mewtwo*

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Why do people care if the falco leak is real or not? Does anyone actually think falco won't be in the game?

also, who would waste their time trying to fake a falco leak of all things. Falco. Who cares about falco

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
A guy who said he was the same guy who leaked the Brawl roster. After someone asked him if he was that guy.

"Here is the full roster!"

"WOAH DUDE ARE YOU THAT GUY?!"

"Uh, WHY YES, I CERTAINLY AM THAT GUY!"

"WOAH IT'S TOTALLY THAT GUY!"

That's what I am to understand happened.
there was no discussion of the roster, and I am not an idiot like this post makes it seem I am well aware there a chance he could be pulling my leg but I already posted why he could be the guy in a previous post

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
there was no discussion of the roster, and I am not an idiot like this post makes it seem I am well aware there a chance he could be pulling my leg but I already posted why he could be the guy in a previous post
UltimateWario seems to be nervous about the possibility of KRool and Ridley being passed for the games again. Based on his hyperbolic nature a small part of me wants to see if he will actually have a major melt down if it turns out to be true.

Hong

The Strongest
Why do people care if the falco leak is real or not? Does anyone actually think falco won't be in the game?

also, who would waste their time trying to fake a falco leak of all things. Falco. Who cares about falco
They want attention because people like me still want to be convinced he will be in the game.

Not saying he should or should not be removed, so much as Falco isn't untouchable as some of the other characters are.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It is interesting that Sakurai is finally showing Pokemon stuff in SSB4... I guess the Pokemon Company gave Sakurai the OK... I guess they are done with deciding the Pokemon roster. *crosses fingers for a Pokemon newcomer besides Brawl + Mewtwo*
The Pokémon roster has probably been decided for soon two years. Such things are decided in the brainstorming and preperation phase, which started February 2012 as far as we know, and probably ended sometime before Summer 2012. The whole roster has been decided on for a long time now.

Where has it been disproved?? Did I miss it? :o
People talked about it having the usual transparent edges around Falco that can be seen once zoomed in, which is common for things which are photoshopped into other pictures. I haven't had the chance to check it myself though.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
People are defending the Palutena leak too much. As soon as someone finds something off, it's just "unfinished from Sakurai's part", or even "it's Paultena, don't forgrt that".

I understand that every proof of it bring legit/fake must be questioned; but this is silly and isn't really any valid counter points. Why not help to debunk it?

Just because you want Palutena doesn't it make the leak true. The leak might be fake but she might still end up in the game.

The odd outline on Jigglypuff was apparently proof, but not when it comes to Palutena. (I know it should have more than a single proof, which the Jiggly-pic had).
That Jigglypuff was pretty clearly from Brawl as was Ness.
What makes the Palutena images different is that the character model is entirely new with inspiration taken from both Brawl and Uprising.
Now a leaker would more than likely use two sources to make a Palutena leak.
1) Brawl's Model (easier to pose thanks to Brawl Mods)
2) Uprising's Model (more recent, would generally be agreed to be what she'd be more based off of).

Neither of these models directly match this leak's version of Palutena, which is a mix of Brawl and Uprising's renditions of her. The fact that Brawl's design was even really considered should be a sign leaning towards the potential of this image actually being legitimate.

...Now you could argue that a leaker has created a model for Falco as shown in the current "hot" leaks, but that isn't true. Falco's model in these fake leaks appear to be entirely based on Brawl's model. So these images are mostly likely just Brawl's model with some touch-ups in Photoshop to make it look nice. Palutena's model couldn't be a touch-up from anything previously made, and I highly doubt someone would go into the trouble to create a completely new 3D model of Palutena based on here appearances in Uprising and Brawl. That's only something I could imagine a developer to do.

So going from that stance, (and being on #teamreal), I'm defending what I believe in because their are more things pointing to this being legitimate rather than it being a phony. I already tried to prove this thing to be a fake a couple of weeks ago when it showed up for the first time and I only got one fair enough argument to falter my believability in a small bit... But even then, that one argument could have a logical reason behind it.

So I'm not defending this leak because I want it to happen, I'm defending it because many things point to it being true. The evidence is there, and it normally doesn't lie my friend.

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I remember that there was a leak that said that Spear Pillar would return. With Palkia as a pokeball, I'm pretty sure it's gone.
I'll edit the "Killable By" post later

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I remember that there was a leak that said that Spear Pillar would return. With Palkia as a pokeball, I'm pretty sure it's gone.
I'll edit the "Killable By" post later
I was about to say, I remember a leak a while back confirming Spear Pillar but you beat me to it. It seems as though it's pegged for not returning, especially since Sakurai mentioned it being for the previous game.

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
That Jigglypuff was pretty clearly from Brawl
Check the "swirl"/hair on Jigglypuff; it's in 3D and texture, it haven't been like that in any Smash Bros. game so far (only fully in 3D). That model is taken from somewhere else.
Just wanted to point that out.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Found this of GAF:
shunxsato said:
People have had leaks for Pokemon that have been done similarly.

I've done multiple photo trials with my white 3DS and it doesn't really match up.

I've tested multiple shutter speeds, apertures, ISOs with a few different light sources and things just don't match up from a photography standpoint. If you were to get the photo to fall in sync with the refresh rate, the background would be much darker. There's a lack of bokeh if you were to get the photo to turn up at that exposure, screen glare, etc.

Leaks usually come off a smartphone camera anyway and without the proper apps, it's pretty hard to get it in line with what you want.

If you were to note the lack of HUD and percentages, I guess they relegated that to the touch screen rather than the top screen. If that person thought the same thing, then they would purposely chose not to take a photo of the touch screen because they wouldn't know what it'd look like.

In any case, we can assume unless there are more instances like this it's just an intricate leak. If you were good enough with 3Ds Max modeling and photoshop, it's not impossible to use photos as a reference and rescale and retexture to give it a "Smash 3D" look.
And this:
Spike said:
I'm guessing it's a fake. I've marked the areas that make me doubt:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
People are defending the Palutena leak too much. As soon as someone finds something off, it's just "unfinished from Sakurai's part", or even "it's Paultena, don't forgrt that".

I understand that every proof of it bring legit/fake must be questioned; but this is silly and isn't really any valid counter points. Why not help to debunk it?

Just because you want Palutena doesn't it make the leak true. The leak might be fake but she might still end up in the game.

The odd outline on Jigglypuff was apparently proof, but not when it comes to Palutena. (I know it should have more than a single proof, which the Jiggly-pic had).
It's mostly because the images have been anaylzed to death from the moment they appeared. A huge number of pages in this thread have been devoted to this and at this point most people have a neutral response to the Palutena leaks. A lot of people are simply done wanting to talk about that particularly leak because it creates a cycle of recycle arugments because of how many pages ago it took place. I want to believe that most people are just in the 'wait and see' at this point. No one is ignoring the evidence presented it's just that the evidence was presented and address some time back.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's mostly because the images have been anaylzed to death from the moment they appeared. A huge number of pages in this thread have been devoted to this and at this point most people have a neutral response to the Palutena leaks. A lot of people are simply done wanting to talk about that particularly leak because it creates a cycle of recycle arugments because of how many pages ago it took place. I want to believe that most people are just in the 'wait and see' at this point. No one is ignoring the evidence presented it's just that the evidence was presented and address some time back.
But we need to be right! All the time!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Very very low chance but guess which pokemons birthday is tomorrow who could be reveal playable for that

(Aka sakurai's gift to this pokemon)

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
But we need to be right! All the time!
That's kind of what makes the Palutena leak so easy for many to accept in the first place, this forum in particular has always been pretty good about breaking down and elimating these type of things but this went on for liternally days and the only thing we have on it are various nitpicks and possible scenerios but we haven't been able to entirely break it like we have with other images.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Still completely Believe that Palutena leak. I mean, this is the internet. And not a single convincing error has emerged after countless of hours of checking her every detail (wink wink). Not confirmed, but using my common sense, I just can't NOT Believe it by now. And I am happy for that. ^^

Also, if Sakurai knew of that basically unknown MegaMan game during a random post, it wouldn't surprise me if he knew Mewtwo was born yesturday. ^^
Revealing Mewtwo might not be a obvious thing for tomorrow, but a mention of something like 'Btw, a certain Pokémon was born this very day'. That would by itself be a huge hint at Mewtwo's Return. ^^

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Still completely Believe that Palutena leak. I mean, this is the internet. And not a single convincing error has emerged after countless of hours of checking her every detail (wink wink). Not confirmed, but using my common sense, I just can't NOT Believe it by now. And I am happy for that. ^^

Also, if Sakurai knew of that basically unknown MegaMan game during a random post, it wouldn't surprise me if he knew Mewtwo was born yesturday. ^^
Revealing Mewtwo might not be a obvious thing for tomorrow, but a mention of something like 'Btw, a certain Pokémon was born this very day'. That would by itself be a huge hint at Mewtwo's Return. ^^
Mewtwos birthday is tomorrow not yesterday

And there is a 20% chance it could happen tomorrow
You know sakurai with the suprise attacks and plus lucario did become mewtwos rival
And sakurai could give this to mewtwo as a birthday gift
And last but not least to get the mewtwo fans to shut up about whining about lucario being confirmed and not mewtwo

But yea if sakurai hints his birthday in a quote tomorrow that's pretty much the final piece of the puzzle of mewtwo coming back

Oh one more thing probably due to too many bright spots but how is the falco gameplay picture fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom