• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

Visor

Non-visor

Someone can explain?
For Falco,

Wasn't there a thing about the renders sometimes not being the same as regular model? For example, the smash devs could have taken the render of falco with the scouter, didn't like the direction he was facing, and flipped it. That's one solution.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Any of you guys remember this?
http://29a.ch/sandbox/2012/imageerrorlevelanalysis/
When quality is placed at 100 and error scale at 30 Falco and the tree both receive a peculiar Blue outline. Which was not present when I compared it to the Kirby one.

But then again, the fact that Falco is pixelated around the edges should already tell you the image is a poor fake.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
can't view it on my WiiU browser (I swear I don't just use this to browse the web!)
what's your evidence??
It shows where this background was taken from.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
@ AEMehr AEMehr Exactly, if there was any confirmation of this being a fake it would be the fuzziness around Falco's legs. The background isn't taken from anything and the head seems to be entirely new. I think what should be asked here, is why bother to change Falco's head?

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Hm, well ya got me.

Still, even his Brawl model has a visor, so if someone just decided to take it off for whatever reason.

I guess we'll have to see this pan out. I had an idea that like the Diddy fake they just copied parts of foxes body to fit a new position. It's a stretch though. This leak if more photoshop heavy if fake, but I think it is. Palutena seemed real to me but this one just seems ... off.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
...Geez. With all these models being leaked it'd sure be handy to have a professional 3D artist around to see exactly how easy it would be to create/tamper these.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I am the guy that in communication with a guy that claims to be chaoszero from back in the day. I can not say with 100 percent certainty that it is him but he did say it was him. Yes there is a chance he is lying but based on that I found him on a none smash bro site and that based on his profile activityhis interest favors the playstation and nothing really pertaining to nintendo that I found. So the odds of him knowing chaos zero was a valid brawl leaker is low since that info is mostly known to people who are smash fanatics. So if he was not the guy why lie about it what's theirs to gain?( hope I explained that well lol )

anyway he has not responded back ever since I sent him the leak so i am hoping he does not stop replying because that will be a bad sign

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
This just sticks out to me. As someone who uses photoshop etc this is like blurred and wrong and just doesn't look legit.

Attachments

DarkGundam

Smash Apprentice
From /v/
Tear it to shreds.

EDIT: Also the poster wrote in Japanese, translated it says
Hello! I am working on a new Smash Bros.

While others are away, I send this

Dott

Smash Ace
If it's true, the non-visor could be a little 'reference' to Melee, where he don't use a visor.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The Falco image looks off to me, but not in a way I can describe. Something seems out of place but I can't put my finger on it exactly. It's not a simple copy and alter job like many fake images, though it's not as convincing to me as the Palutena image. I just can't put it into words.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Lets not forget that a photo of gameplay and other one can vary of the same character, like Marth's cape sometimes it has the symbol, sometimes dosen´t.
.n_n.

Last edited:

Dott

Smash Ace
From /v/
Tear it to shreds.

EDIT: Also the poster wrote in Japanese, translated it says
Hello! I am working on a new Smash Bros.

While others are away, I send this
Almost every Brawl character is from the Brawl design...

Last edited:

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Haven't been about long so don't scream if its oft-heard but, SUDA51 has regularly mentioned wanting Travis Touchdown in a Smash title... I'm not debating it's (un)likelihood but have any iffy rumours mentioned him at all?

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
What if is turns out to be true though, God the whole world would implode.
And yes I know its fake.
See if the games included more proper re-skins that apocalypse could be negated... Sonic with simple Amy, Shadow, Knucles, Silver, Blaze and Metal skins and a Tails AT would shut these eegit leakers down in seconds ^_^

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
...Geez. With all these models being leaked it'd sure be handy to have a professional 3D artist around to see exactly how easy it would be to create/tamper these.
I'm currently a student on that field and I can tell it would take me like a week or so to make something like that. For a more skilled and experienced 3D artist it should be a lot less. Still... I have a hard time imagining someone wasting his time on something like this... I wouldn't at least...

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
I'm currently a student on that field and I can tell it would take me like a week or so to make something like that. For a more skilled and experienced 3D artist it should be a lot less. Still... I have a hard time imagining someone wasting his time on something like this... I wouldn't at least...
gotta back these points in bold up... while someone say at my own hobbyist level of modelling 'could' create something like that, if I had the skill to do it quickly I'd be working on Project M or something not forging screenshots for doubtless returnees :S

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I am the guy that in communication with a guy that claims to be chaoszero from back in the day. I can not say with 100 percent certainty that it is him but he did say it was him. Yes there is a chance he is lying but based on that I found him on a none smash bro site and that based on his profile activityhis interest favors the playstation and nothing really pertaining to nintendo that I found. So the odds of him knowing chaos zero was a valid brawl leaker is low since that info is mostly known to people who are smash fanatics. So if he was not the guy why lie about it what's theirs to gain?( hope I explained that well lol )

anyway he has not responded back ever since I sent him the leak so i am hoping he does not stop replying because that will be a bad sign
Do you have conversation details?

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Just some thoughts:

Seems like the tree was pasted in and warped with the perspective tool:
http://screencast.com/t/t1WENF6aDFus
As for the model for Falco himself, it looks pretty well done-- But it seems like an edited Brawl model to me. Specifically, the sleeves and boots were given more polygons, and his headgear mesh was removed.

Midge

Smash Apprentice
From /v/.

Now imagine if this was actually legit and ended up being the PotD in an hour. Chaos would break out everywhere as the majority of text leaks are instantly dead because we still don't have Diddy.

SuperPiccoloBros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
superpiccolobros
i been looking around there was a leak by the same guy who leaked the brawl roster? is that true? is there a link to that post?

UltimateWario

Smash Master
i been looking around there was a leak by the same guy who leaked the brawl roster? is that true? is there a link to that post?
A guy who said he was the same guy who leaked the Brawl roster. After someone asked him if he was that guy.

"Here is the full roster!"

"WOAH DUDE ARE YOU THAT GUY?!"

"Uh, WHY YES, I CERTAINLY AM THAT GUY!"

"WOAH IT'S TOTALLY THAT GUY!"

That's what I am to understand happened.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm compiling some info regarding the Falco picture leak for tWiR.

Where did the picture originate from and is there a poster?

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Now imagine if this was actually legit and ended up being the PotD in an hour. Chaos would break out everywhere as the majority of text leaks are instantly dead because we still don't have Diddy.
but don't most of the text leaks just suggest Diddy being a tie-in for DKCTF's release?? I haven't seen many saying Sakurai couldn't ramp up the reveal schedule and show stuff (like Lucario) in the meanwhile

Dott

Smash Ace
Or if Sakurai just change it for another Lucario pic only because it was leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom