• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I've been saying Palutena looks off from the start. *sigh*
Anyways, wouldn't a work-in-progress model just be the KIU Palutena model? They wouldn't update a WIP model incrementally, they'd do it all at once.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Still, there would be at least some touching up. This late in development and she still isn't detailed just sounds strange don't you think?

But like I've said. You should at least be able to see some shade. And it's not like this is a poor quality phone pic.
I don't know. I think if the image was sharper she'd look way better.

DarkGundam

Smash Apprentice
How so? This can't be much to go by. As it could've been anytime. It's Schrödinger's Cat only in leak form.
I'm only speculating, I will say this though, I was in the thread on 4chan when it was "leaked" and everyone was screaming fake, and it was posted after someone said something along the lines of "hey lets post some 'leaked' smash bros rumors guys".
It was kinda a huge joke to them, so take that for what you will.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I guarantee you 90% of people saying "I won't get this game if 'so and so' isn't in it!"....will totally get the game, and just complain about it online until the next one comes out ;)

And yeah, Palutena's style DOES look different than the others (on topic post)

So we've pretty much determined that her model is original, though VERY similar to Brawl's, how hard would it be to take Brawl's model, and modify it? I don't know enough about that kind of stuff to make a judgment. Is it difficult? Doesn't seem like it would be.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm only speculating, I will say this though, I was in the thread on 4chan when it was "leaked" and everyone was screaming fake, and it was posted after someone said something along the lines of "hey lets post some 'leaked' smash bros rumors guys".
It was kinda a huge joke to them, so take that for what you will.
And no one brought this up? Why?

D

Deleted member

As much as I want Ridley to be in SSB4, my hopes go lower and lower with each passing day.

I'm about 45% certain he won't make it in at this point.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Also, dat outline.
Look:
View attachment 7916
Normally, the outline would change depending on the surface. But it's the same all the way through. Why is that?
Funny you say that as your previous post:
Also, now that I think about it. Palutena kinda sticks out like a sore thumb. I mean, look at Mario, then Palutena. They're both look completely different.
Don't tell me "different art style", I mean. Look at these:

And then any one of the two "leaked" pics.
Sakurai has a style going on that makes them all similar. Palutena, on the other hand doesn't have this.
Completely discredits the claim that the outline color would change depending on the surface.

As for the "Different Artstyle" claim, I find it to be very viable. I mean Marth and Wii Fit Trainer wouldn't look like they're from the same game if it wasn't for the outlines. There's a ton of detail in Marth's model and very little in Wii Fit Trainer's model.

Pit and Palutena's design match pretty closely and it should if the image is real.

Last edited:

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Also, there's no outline around Marth's sword. And her staff has one...?

Doesn't add up to me.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I hate to further fan the flames, but aren't you guys forgetting that the outlines.... ARE ADJUSTABLE?
To add to this, we don't know how adjustable they are, or what "adjustable" means just yet. Maybe you can choose what you want to be outlined.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Also, there's no outline around Marth's sword. And her staff has one...?

Doesn't add up to me.

I hate to further fan the flames, but aren't you guys forgetting that the outlines.... ARE ADJUSTABLE?
I'm referring to outline that change on the surface. If I'm correct, at this moment, we can only adjust the thickness of lines.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Wait a minute. Now I'm looking at both screen shots and Marth's sword clearly doesn't have an outline but Link's does. Can someone please clear this up for me?

DarkGundam

Smash Apprentice
Kinda a longshot, but i'll through it out there:

Lets say the Palutena is fake, and the person who made it knew we would decipher it, don't you think they would know to mess around with the black lines? The other fake pics had outlines lines that were obviously fake, but we still cannot fully determine that it (Palutena's) is fake. Finally, even thought the Wii U version is harder to create a fake for, you could argue that the 3DS one is just as difficult, because of the black outlines being different with each daily pic showing them, which we could assume that the leaker would study if he wanted to make a fake.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Kinda a longshot, but i'll through it out there:

Lets say the Palutena is fake, and the person who made it knew we would decipher it, don't you think they would know to mess around with the black lines? The other fake pics had outlines lines that were obviously fake, but we still cannot fully determine that it (Palutena's) is fake. Finally, even thought the Wii U version is harder to create a fake for, you could argue that the 3DS one is just as difficult, because of the black outlines being different with each daily pic showing them, which we could assume that the leaker would study if he wanted to make a fake.
Of course it is. It's not easy to make a pic believable.
But referring to the outline, simple human error. Maybe the leaker forgot, or just assumed we wouldn't notice.
Many of the "believable" pics had inconsistencies that could only be found through careful analyzing. And this is the same.

DarkGundam

Smash Apprentice
Of course it is. It's not easy to make a pic believable.
But referring to the outline, simple human error. Maybe the leaker forgot, or just assumed we wouldn't notice.
Many of the "believable" pics had inconsistencies that could only be found through careful analyzing. And this is the same.
I guess my point is that since we haven't been able to debunk it yet leads me to believe it's more real than fake.

EDIT:
HOH BOY

I have no idea what that picture is, but it sounds relevant!

EDIT: Apparently, this is the picture.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Can someone give me a summary of the Chaos Zero leak?

Also, holy sh*t that Falco looks legitimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom