• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Well, Ridley has already been implied that he's a stage hazard, and Miis aren't a character nor would they work in smash, and I frankly don't see Sakurai deciding to put in Miis over another character, remember character slots are limited.
Toon Link was a background NPC and everyone though he was finished. Yet look where he is now. All I'm saying is, consider every factor.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Do you support Chrom? I like him, but I don't know if everyone would be happy with his inclusion...
Personally, it really doesn't matter whether they reveal Chrom, Palutena, K. Rool, Dixie or any other possible reasonable newcomer in the next Direct. I assume whoever is revealed will temporarily satisfy my want for another newcomer reveal.

Each and every one of those villains would get support if anyone were convinced they had a chance. If people aren't convinced they're making an investment in a character that's likely to pay off, they oftentimes won't bother. Unless they're the cretins from the Roster Discussion thread making threads for football mascots and whatnot.
Nintendo had a football mascot?:laugh:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
lol the argument on here is so stupid. How about respect the opinions of others and be happy for one another for once instead of caring about yourselves.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Personally, it really doesn't matter whether they reveal Chrom, Palutena, K. Rool, Dixie or any other possible reasonable newcomer in the next Direct. I assume whoever is revealed will temporarily satisfy my want for another newcomer reveal.

Nintendo had a football mascot?:laugh:
I should get on that boat, too.

Also, they're either referring to any football mascot, or the baseball team Nintendo actually owns.

Morbi

Scavenger
lol the argument on here is so stupid. How about respect the opinions of others and be happy for one another for once instead of caring about yourselves.
What argument? Perhaps I missed something, I didn't even realize anyone was arguing.

Oh, as an addition to my commentary on villain support, you're gonna have to tear the majority of the community away from the fallacious "reps" and "relevance" "arguments" before you'll see support for guys like Kamek or Black Shadow. Hell, even K. Rool isn't fully immune to that type of garbage despite being mostly accepted.
There aren't enough hours in the day... it doesn't really matter though. People will believe what they wish, when the time comes, we shall see what actually happens.

Toon Link was a background NPC and everyone though he was finished. Yet look where he is now. All I'm saying is, consider every factor.
I didn't, but I could ideally comprehend that the subtle allusions were indicating that he predominantly represented Wind Waker Link, thus not making them the same incarnation. The HD remastered Wind Waker that was shoved in our faces helped me realize that we were getting Toon Link quite early. Not to mention the notion that I could discern Brawl's priority list from Smash 4's priority list.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
All right then, Mr Villain supporter, rattle off all the viable bosses of franchises that don't have their antagonists, yet. K.Rool and Ridley, yes. Go for ones that have potential movesets that set them apart. Bonus points if you can mention if they've been seen frequently in leaks.
*coughPlasmWraithcough*

But nooo, we need another Mother character and two more Star Fox characters before we get another Pikmin character....

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
The leak I posted that got me modded I argued the mod and it got overturned so I didn't lose any points! They modded me for linking to 4Chan, but since i edited the post, they said I was fine.

Oh, this was Gamefaqs by the way. If you didn't see my fake leak, you can find it earlier in the thread.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Possible ChaosZero info?!?!

Okay. I haven't been this excited since the Palutena leak!

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What argument? Perhaps I missed something, I didn't even realize anyone was arguing.
How dare you, telling people what you think in a civil manner.

No, I don't think I've seen you "argue". In fact, your opinions usually derail them...

But let's not discuss that. Not what the thread's for.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Star Fox has a rival, not a villain in this case, Though Andross before he went all mask...? ....

*coughPlasmWraithcough*

But nooo, we need another Mother character and two more Star Fox characters before we get another Pikmin character....
*has to look that one up* Okay. Interesting. I could actually buy this thing as playable OR a boss.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
I never understood the whole "Toon Link deconfirmed" thing, okay to the general public they appear to be the same character, but being in his conductor's outfit I assumed all along that was implied to be ST link (who is 100 years younger give or take) rather than the Hero of Winds who is more clearly meant to TLink (sure he even taunts with the Wind Waker etc)

Been a lurker the past few months but 1st post finally :p So hi all. Shulk for Smash and Reyn for an AT please if only for the EU soundbite for Reyn :L

Morbi

Scavenger
Star Fox has a rival, not a villain in this case, Though Andross before he went all mask...? ....

*has to look that one up* Okay. Interesting. I could actually buy this thing as playable OR a boss.
Wolf is more of an anti-hero in my opinion, while he is not entirely villain, I would assert that he is more villainous than your typical rival. He has Pigma/Peter Pettigrew on his team after all, the pig/man that essentially murdered James McCloud/Potter.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
For me it depends in if a character looks interesting enough, don't really care if they're villians or good guys.
For example: I like more Hades than Medusa, she didn't really stand out in Uprising.
But over those 2 I like more Palutena, making me want her in not because she's more likely, but because she was such a lovable character.

As for other baddies hmm... Dedede is one of my faves, too bad I suck with heavy characters.
Like with the female argument: I like a character because of the impact he/she has made to me, not because of his role.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I never understood the whole "Toon Link deconfirmed" thing, okay to the general public they appear to be the same character, but being in his conductor's outfit I assumed all along that was implied to be ST link (who is 100 years younger give or take) rather than the Hero of Winds who is more clearly meant to TLink (sure he even taunts with the Wind Waker etc)
Well yeah, I didn't really believe in the ST argument either as that stage hinted at Toon Link coming back as well as him being cut so it could have gone eitherway, but yet many people put most of their money on the latter so hey.... :rolleyes:

I was one of the few who didn't believe in the stage meaning that he would be cut so I was happy to be proven right.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Been a lurker the past few months but 1st post finally :p So hi all. Shulk for Smash and Reyn for an AT please if only for the EU soundbite for Reyn :L
Welcome to the stage of history!

Wolf is more of an anti-hero in my opinion, while he is not entirely villain, I would assert that he is more villainous than your typical rival. He has Pigma/Peter Pettigrew on his team after all, the pig/man that essentially murdered James McCloud/Potter.
Pigma is the true villain? Pigma for SSB4!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
So when was the Brawl roster leak in relation to the release date of the game?

And a follow-up: When do should we get the full leak for this game?

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Psh. You have a point about Wolf there, though yeah, Pigmar is definitely the foulest of them. Probably in more than one sense, just looking at his design, he looks like he hadn't seen a good bath in a while. :laugh:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I'm of the same opinion as Kenith, if we get leaks, I'd rather it be on some of the minor stuff, leave SOME surprises. Right now, the only information I want right now is Pokemon and what the Frak is up with that Phantom! Oh and to lesser degree, Ridley and Palutena. Put us out of our misery! Also, the Namco rep if there is one.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Do you support Chrom? I like him, but I don't know if everyone would be happy with his inclusion...
I am personally a rabid supporter for Chrom. The guy is brimming with personality which i really think could translate well into his own moveset, and if him having the same Falchion as Marth is acknowledged with it also having tippers i'd squeal like a little girl.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm honestly unsure about Chrom. On one hand he's the main rep of the first FE game I ever played, but on the other he'll probably just be another sword wielder with blue hair, but if moveset is unique enough I won't mind.

Personally I'd prefer Lucina or Robin (My Unit), but I'd be happy if any of those three made it in.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm honestly unsure about Chrom. On one hand he's the main rep of the first FE game I ever played, but on the other he'll probably just be another sword wielder with blue hair, but if moveset is unique enough I won't mind.

Personally I'd prefer Lucina or Robin (My Unit), but I'd be happy if any of those three made it in.
私はルキナ最もたいのですが、クロムははるかに大きなチャンスがある考えると、私の疑問を持っている。

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I am personally a rabid supporter for Chrom. The guy is brimming with personality which i really think could translate well into his own moveset, and if him having the same Falchion as Marth is acknowledged with it also having tippers i'd squeal like a little girl.
Ah, but Chrom's Falchion is not of the same design, now is it? The two characters could be similar, but they could definitely be different.

If Marth's fighting style focused on thrusting and finesse (ie, Fencing) than Chrom would most likely use a more... rough interpretation of Marth's style. A little more power overall, but much less effective when un-tipped, I'd say. Or maybe, his tip isn't as powerful. Or rather, his overall power is higher than Marth's when Marth is un-tipped, but Chrom is still weaker than Marth when tipped.

Who knows, the intricacy of balancing similar characters is something only Capcom understands. (Shoto clones)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Got a transcript or anything?
Forgot. Next time it pops up though (and knowing Gamefaqs it will), I'll make sure.

Edit: Just putting this here. Apparently (from what Gamefaqs told me), it referred to playable rosters.
Being:
Isaac
Skull Kid
Sami
And, I'm not kidding you in the least, Knuckles (yes that one). Which is why I believe it's a joke.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let's take the Project M Leak talk elsewhere, guys...

NWRL

Smash Ace
Why can't we talk about it? Some of us are genuinely interested and it's more likely that the leak is closer to truth than anything for Smash 4

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Why can't we talk about it? Some of us are genuinely interested and it's more likely that the leak is closer to truth than anything for Smash 4
Except this thread is titled "SSB4 Rumours and Leaks."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom