• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The customization of the Mii's moves could grab some of the audience's and our attention.
Depending on how Sakurai reveals them.
Listen, take it from me.
The guys at E3, many of which DON'T play Smash, aren't going to be the least bit interested by Miis.
Heck, not even we are, and we're hardcore Smash fans.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Do you guys think that Little-Pac-Mii will be revealed in E3?
Or will it be someone else?
Quite possible if that rumor is true, but honestly, Nintendo really needs to pull out the stops and get attention on the WiiU. I get the feeling a lot of E3 is going to be focused not just on the games, but WHAT the WiiU is and what its capabilities are. So the better question is, if they're aware of this leak and how wide-spread it is... would they go with it, or go with characters that would generate a lot of hype?

As an aside, what we saw of the meeting, do you think we'll be seeing a lot of demos for games that heavily use the gamepad and illustrate just what the WiiU is as a whole? Don't need a discussion on it, just a quick thought after you take a stab at what unnannounced character would be best for unveiling at such a huge event.

Another thing, Obviously seeing anything other than Diddy would kill most of these leaks, but what Assist Trophy unveil would spell doom as a majority?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not going to name names, but there are currently messages being exchanged with an individual identified as ChaosZero regarding the alleged information that came from him a few weeks ago. More information may or may not emerge from this.
Well, show us my good man!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Here's what makes sense to me:
Little Mac: Showcases the speed of Smash 4 and the Wii U in general
Mewtwo: Hypehypehype
K. Rool: Pulls in old Nintendo fans that have "grown out" of it. I suppose Little Mac works for this as well, although Mac fans are generally still interested in Nintendo.
Ridley: He's a freaking giant purple dragon. If you don't want to play as him you're ridiculous.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Not going to name names, but there are currently messages being exchanged with an individual identified as ChaosZero regarding the alleged information that came from him a few weeks ago. More information may or may not emerge from this.
TELL. NOW.

I'm not involved in the actual conversation, I've just PMed a bit with the guy who is. Either way, we could very well discover the fates of both Ridley and K. Rool quite soon, depending on how forthcoming ChaosZero turns out to be.
OH MAN

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't think Miis are going to be in Smash altogether, I normally discard rumours that include them.
Miis are pretty damn likely. I don't like it, you don't like it, but it's certainly not a logical reason to discard any rumors. Remember, the real deal ChaosZero leak from pre-Brawl was panned for having Wolf instead of Krystal, and R.O.B was seemingly impossible, plus cutting Mewtwo wasn't an option. Voila.

Unless it's a character that's really out there, like Funky Kong or Anthony Higgs, then it's no reason to discard a rumor.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm not involved in the actual conversation, I've just PMed a bit with the guy who is. Either way, we could very well discover the fates of both Ridley and K. Rool quite soon, depending on how forthcoming ChaosZero turns out to be.
I wouldn't necessarily believe it right from the getgo, even if it is ChaosZero.
Also I'd probably be in denial about not getting K. Rool. Ridley I've kinda prepared myself for, but I'd still be disappointed.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...And you didn't tell us before...
Why? My good man you may have just saved us!
I wouldn't necessarily believe it right from the getgo, even if it is ChaosZero.
Also I'd probably be in denial about not getting K. Rool. Ridley I've kinda prepared myself for, but I'd still be disappointed.
Funny, cause I'm generally the pessimist.

Morbi

Scavenger
Miis are pretty damn likely. I don't like it, you don't like it, but it's certainly not a logical reason to discard any rumors. Remember, the real deal ChaosZero leak from pre-Brawl was panned for having Wolf instead of Krystal, and R.O.B was seemingly impossible, plus cutting Mewtwo wasn't an option. Voila.

Unless it's a character that's really out there, like Funky Kong or Anthony Higgs, then it's no reason to discard a rumor.
This ChaosZero leaked the legit Brawl roster? I am interested. I am not entirely sure why they would dismiss the roster for having Wolf instead of Krystal. Was he not the intended character for Melee?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
But he did actually have an effect. That is a fact.

Also, having a priority system that includes Mewtwo and newcomers on it means that the newcomers addition to the game were made with Mewtwo's status in mind. If there is not enough time, let us make sure these characters are top priority and some of the others lower priority.
If by "have an effect," you mean a "very miniscule amount" then yes. Lucario's effect is just as bad as the other 39 characters that were created in the game, it's really picky and narrow-minded to blame him (or any other single character for that matter) for Mewtwo's removal. It comes down to a time constraints issue, Character A was being worked on, but due to resources being relegated to other characters, stages, items, stickers, SSE and other things he didn't make it. There's so much more complexity to the issue then just simply focusing on one aspect of one aspect.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This ChaosZero leaked the legit Brawl roster? I am interested. I am not entirely sure why they would dismiss the roster for having Wolf instead of Krystal. Was he not the intended character for Melee?
You underestimate the rapid nature of the Brawl Krystal fanbase.

And I only just began my exchange last night, so I haven't held anything back from this thread. So far, a user has asked the guy he has identified as ChaosZero if he has given anyone inside info yet. ChaosZero asked for a link to what the user believes to be the inside info, so he linked him to that thread on GameFAQs and has yet to receive a response as of last night.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

And I only just began my exchange last night, so I haven't held anything back from this thread. So far, a user has asked the guy he has identified as ChaosZero if he has given anyone inside info yet. ChaosZero asked for a link to what the user believes to be the inside info, so he linked him to that thread on GameFAQs and has yet to receive a response as of last night.
Ah. Well, anyway we can watch?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

So that's the guy who leaked the roster. I would come to joy if this was true. Would end all the Ridley trains and K. Rool trains once and for all.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord

Just please, tell me you aren't bull****ting us all and we're just gonna all be disappointed again.

._.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Just please, tell me you aren't bull****ting us all and we're just gonna all be disappointed again.

._.
If he is, at least there was that hope.
But even if we do get a leak. I'm still taking it with a grain of salt. Notable or not.

Morbi

Scavenger
If by "have an effect," you mean a "very miniscule amount" then yes. Lucario's effect is just as bad as the other 39 characters that were created in the game, it's really picky and narrow-minded to blame him (or any other single character for that matter) for Mewtwo's removal. It comes down to a time constraints issue, Character A was being worked on, but due to resources being relegated to other characters, stages, items, stickers, SSE and other things he didn't make it. There's so much more complexity to the issue then just simply focusing on one aspect of one aspect.
Most people see the correlation between Lucario and Mewtwo, both are prominent Pokemon with popularity that became widely successful based on a movie. The neutral special does little to attenuate their similarities. Naturally, as these two very different characters are quite similar in a certain context, it becomes quite overt that Lucario took priority over Mewtwo. I agree with your sentiment, every newcomer is to blame, every Pokemon character attributed to his low priority. However, this is irrelevant. Speculators will see what they want to see, they see a Pokemon that they feel is unjustified in front of a veteran that was largely more important, prevalent, and desired.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman

The fact that he didn't immediately say he didn't reveal anything at all says enough to me personally. I figured that post was real and assuming it is, what are people going to do with no Ridley or K.Rool?

Morbi

Scavenger
If he is, at least there was that hope.
But even if we do get a leak. I'm still taking it with a grain of salt. Notable or not.
This. His intent is going to be significantly different this time, it isn't entirely safe to assume that he has the same privilege as before. Obviously these are two related situations, but that doesn't mean that we should just take his word for it. That being said, I am not going to blatantly dismiss the leak, even if there is something overtly off about it. I will ensure that I give it extra thorough attention.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

._.
I'm hoping that his response, if any, will be that he didn't write those leaks, or that he wasn't being serious with them. Either way, we'll hopefully get some closure on the matter sooner or later, so the expectations of many that the roster will be worth a damn can be toned way down.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This. His intent is going to be significantly different this time, it isn't entirely safe to assume that he has the same privilege as before. Obviously these are two related situations, but that doesn't mean that we should just take his word for it. That being said, I am not going to blatantly dismiss the leak, even if there is something overtly off about it. I will ensure that I give it extra thorough attention.
Though, hopefully he isn't mad at us for what happened last time.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
This whole situation is VERY interesting. Oooh. I thought CZ couldn't really get a substantial leak for SSB4. What changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom