• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
I think Mega Man as a 3rd Party character is unlockable, similar to how Sonic and Snake were unlockable.
Remember, a large part of the reason why Sonic and Snake were unlocked late (or in Sonic's case almost TOO late) in the SSE is because they were given the green light very late in development.

Considering Sonic, or at least Megaman, have been a part of the roster for a large part of the development, odds are decent they are starters, or unlock easily.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Why not?
We've seen Luigi and Toon Link, obvious unlockables, so I just don't think Sakurai cares about revealing unlockables before launch (I'm sure it's partly because he doesn't want them leaked, which brings us back on topic).
Because Sakurai. Probably the main reason why they've been revealed is cause we expect them. I'm pretty sure Sakurai's saving some for later.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Remember, a large part of the reason why Sonic and Snake were unlocked late (or in Sonic's case almost TOO late) in the SSE is because they were given the green light very late in development.

Considering Sonic, or at least Megaman, have been a part of the roster for a large part of the development, odds are decent they are starters, or unlock easily.
So being unlocked late somehow makes it easier to have them be in it?
Huh.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
No, I'm saying your type of thinking is somewhat narrow-minded. You're trying to force an idea on a character that really had no effect on the outcome of another other then being made. None of the newcomers were made with Mewtwo's status in mind and neither was Lucario.
But he did actually have an effect. That is a fact.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The concept of lurking seems to be lost on you, and the things I said were for other users..
I came here to see what dumb leak of the week came out but this topic seems to have spiralled out of control.
Ah, well the way you worded didn't make it seem like that to me. Also how am I supposed to know if you've lurked around? The topic spiraled out of control before Falco was brought up (from what I can tell). I think I was on topic the entire time.
What? Snake was planned to be Brawl since the middle of Melee's development period.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wasn't "expecting" him to return. But I was certainly hoping he would so I'm happy in that regard. However, I didn't believe in that ST stage bull if that's what you're referring to....

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I would dig through the topic but there are so many pages, what do we have spoken about the Palutena "leak" at the moment?
Nothing. Unfortunately this topic has derailed into arguing, using random examples of things that have happened in the past. :/ I think everything is still the same with Palutena, can't confirm or deny it.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
No, I'm saying your type of thinking is somewhat narrow-minded. You're trying to force an idea on a character that really had no effect on the outcome of another other then being made. None of the newcomers were made with Mewtwo's status in mind and neither was Lucario.
But he did actually have an effect. That is a fact.

Also, having a priority system that includes Mewtwo and newcomers on it means that the newcomers addition to the game were made with Mewtwo's status in mind. If there is not enough time, let us make sure these characters are top priority and some of the others lower priority.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Nothing. Unfortunately this topic has derailed into arguing, using random examples of things that have happened in the past. :/ I think everything is still the same with Palutena, can't confirm or deny it.
...Just like everyday...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Then again a newcomer like Lucario who had an original moveset was unlockable.
So Rosalina might be unlockable. Though I don't really count on it, since Nintendo really wants to promote her more, so maybe she'll be in the starting roster.

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
So being unlocked late somehow makes it easier to have them be in it?
Huh.
Not sure if I spoke clearly...

The main reason why the third part characters were unlockable is because of the SSE, as well as their late addition. Since the 3rd party characters we know we're going to get have been revealed for a while, I would say that there's no way to say if they're going to be unlockable or not, they're not in a similar position to Sonic and Snake's inclusion in brawl.
What? Snake was planned to be Brawl since the middle of Melee's development period.
He was? Monkey trumpets. I still blame SSE.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This thread does have a hard time staying on-topic. Just one off-topic post, and the thread just moves along in that direction. So, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, can you please move the discussion elsewhere?

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Just because a character like Marth was a secret in two games, doesn't mean he will be in the next. Look at Captain Falcon. You guys over think these things way too much.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Just because a character like Marth was a secret in two games, doesn't mean he will be in the next. Look at Captain Falcon. You guys over think these things way too much.
I actually wouldn't be shocked if Marth is a default character this time. He is the 'default' Fire Emblem representation now.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Didn't Sakurai say something like "Luigi's a hidden character usually but it's the year of Luigi so what the heck!" When he revealed him?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think their mostly just cherry picking as to which of each of the pre unlockables will be unlockables or starters. Honestly, I think either all the revealed pre-unlockable characters are unlockable again or their all starters now (except for the Third Parties maybe) but eh, in the end you've pretty much got them all in a few days anyway. Might as well end the discussion here before I get Falkoopa on my case.

So back to the rumours and leaks....

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
They aren't hype... according to who? If you are using empirical evidence, I can see where you are coming from, but you have to remember, mate, casual cat-nip.
I understand where you're coming from, but Mii could just be revealed another time.
Pac-Man makes sense I suppose, major third party character and such.
Casual gamers aren't really the E3 audience, so if I were Nintendo E3 would be the time to reveal heavy hitters like Mac, Ridley, Mewtwo and K. Rool.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not going to name names, but there are currently messages being exchanged with an individual identified as ChaosZero regarding the alleged information that came from him a few weeks ago. More information may or may not emerge from this.

Morbi

Scavenger
Maybe we should go out there and make one up look for more....
I found one... the leaker goes by GrotesqueAltruism. They claim that they are the creative credit designer. So GA is the person who types up the credits, thus they know everyone that is in the game. Apparently, this person asserts that Meowth, Hades, Lucina, Waddle Dee, Tom Nook, Tingle, and Black Shadow are the remaining newcomers and the only omission is Pokemon Trainer, to be replaced with Charizard. I don't know if I believe this joker. It seems reasonable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom