• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
What do you have against those characters?
It's kinda pissing me off. Ever since that one time when you were happy that there were no villains.
I don't have anything against those characters, but I do not find them highly likely, I certainly don't find them to be "shoe-in" either. As a self-proclaimed hipster, it is my moral obligation to dismiss those characters. In all seriousness, I don't hate them, I just don't really want them. I don't want Ridley for a plethora of reasons, mostly pertaining to his execution and what it means to the roster in its entirety. King K. Rool is just to prove a point, it feels so wrong, as he is actually one of my favorite Nintendo characters of all time. It just annoys me when people assert that he is "shoe-in" thus I openly oppose him.

That being said, I really love those characters. I just don't need them in Smash. It seems so surreal.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For this ChaosZero guy, I don't see the point of giving him attention if he hasn't posted anything yet. And I doubt he'll be the next NyaseNya.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This ChaosZero leaked the legit Brawl roster? I am interested. I am not entirely sure why they would dismiss the roster for having Wolf instead of Krystal. Was he not the intended character for Melee?
He first leaked some pretty precise information regarding the Dragoon item, which surprised many people once it was officially confirmed. Eventually he leaked the whole roster. People didn't know about Wolf being intended for Melee back then either, that information only surfaced sometime in 2012 from some guy finding an old Nintendo Power issue from 2002 or something.

Anyways, iirc ChaosZero was rumored to be in contact with a tester back in the days, but I'm not too sure if it was true.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
We're not getting any new information regarding this game from him. That's not what the current conversation is about. It's about whether the information that allegedly came from him earlier is legitimate or not.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
We're not getting any new information regarding this game from him. That's not what the current conversation is about. It's about whether the information that allegedly came from him earlier is legitimate or not.
Ah, well. Was it?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Here's what makes sense to me:
Little Mac: Showcases the speed of Smash 4 and the Wii U in general
Mewtwo: Hypehypehype
K. Rool: Pulls in old Nintendo fans that have "grown out" of it. I suppose Little Mac works for this as well, although Mac fans are generally still interested in Nintendo.
Ridley: He's a freaking giant purple dragon. If you don't want to play as him you're ridiculous.
Palutena: For the people who played KI:Uprising, which is many
Chrom: Hype from Awakening fan base

Ghirahim: Um...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If by "have an effect," you mean a "very miniscule amount" then yes. Lucario's effect is just as bad as the other 39 characters that were created in the game, it's really picky and narrow-minded to blame him (or any other single character for that matter) for Mewtwo's removal. It comes down to a time constraints issue, Character A was being worked on, but due to resources being relegated to other characters, stages, items, stickers, SSE and other things he didn't make it. There's so much more complexity to the issue then just simply focusing on one aspect of one aspect.
Which again means that you are saying I was right.

There was a priority system of characters and Lucario existing affected the priority list.

*By the way, I think the Falco screenshot could be real. Not sure if it was disproved or not, but very little changes happened between Fox from Brawl to the Fourth installment.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Miis are pretty damn likely. I don't like it, you don't like it, but it's certainly not a logical reason to discard any rumors. Remember, the real deal ChaosZero leak from pre-Brawl was panned for having Wolf instead of Krystal, and R.O.B was seemingly impossible, plus cutting Mewtwo wasn't an option. Voila.

Unless it's a character that's really out there, like Funky Kong or Anthony Higgs, then it's no reason to discard a rumor.
Agreed with everything.

He first leaked some pretty precise information regarding the Dragoon item, which surprised many people once it was officially confirmed. Eventually he leaked the whole roster. People didn't know about Wolf being intended for Melee back then either, that information only surfaced sometime in 2012 from some guy finding an old Nintendo Power issue from 2002 or something.

Anyways, iirc ChaosZero was rumored to be in contact with a tester back in the days, but I'm not too sure if it was true.
Do you have a link to a scanned copy of that issue?

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Exactly. The guy doesn't sound like he's much in the sharing mood to begin with. I'll be happy just having another leak debunked. Though I'm curious why he didn't just say "No, he hadn't shared information and then asked for the leak to see just what had been said."

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

There was a priority system of characters and Lucario existing affected the priority list.

*By the way, I think the Falco screenshot could be real. Not sure if it was disproved or not, but very little changes happened between Fox from Brawl to the Fourth installment.
Did I miss something?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm not even sure if he'd even know anything beyond what we all know. There's a decent chance his source might be obsolete for this game, either having moved on or isn't on duty for this game because of a new development team or not being assigned to the project at all.

It's just best to know whether he has spilled any beans already, and then end it there.

Exactly. The guy doesn't sound like he's much in the sharing mood to begin with. I'll be happy just having another leak debunked. Though I'm curious why he didn't just say "No, he hadn't shared information and then asked for the leak to see just what had been said."
Probably because the leak didn't involve him directly, but rather a guy who claimed to have talked with who we suppose is ChaosZero. I'm sure that if he knows anything he has likely told interested relatives he trusts, that's quite common.

Morbi

Scavenger
But remember?
"How would you feel if there were no villain newcomers?"
Blue: "Yay"
The only problem I have with everyone wanting new villain characters... is that they don't really. They want K. Rool and Ridley. They don't actually want villain characters. Where is Meowth? The most prominent, prevalent, and iconic Pokemon villain that is the spiritual rival of Pikachu (inverted Pokedex numbers alluding to cat and mouse). Where is Black Shadow/Samurai Goroh? F-Zero is one of the most respected and well regarded series (pertaining to Smash, not Nintendo, Smash). No one wants them. King Hippo? No, Mac is enough. Hades or Medusa? NO PALUTENA IS ENOUGH.

I am a huge supporter of VILLAIN characters, not K. Rool and Ridley. VILLAIN characters. This includes K. Rool and Ridley, of course. It is just annoying to see people asserting that K. Rool or Ridley are the only valuable Nintendo villains when there is a plethora of great choices that are somehow not important enough. It doesn't even matter, they don't need to be important or well-requested... they are not even desired.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
This. His intent is going to be significantly different this time, it isn't entirely safe to assume that he has the same privilege as before. Obviously these are two related situations, but that doesn't mean that we should just take his word for it. That being said, I am not going to blatantly dismiss the leak, even if there is something overtly off about it. I will ensure that I give it extra thorough attention.
Pretty much, he was right at Brawl but it's still not the same situation as it was back then. The source he had may not be present at Nintendo anymore, we don't know if he's still in contact with said source and above all we don't know if he even wants to bother with associating with the fanbase considering the crap they gave him. I wouldn't dismiss what he says completely, but until something concrete comes along it's not too much more credible.

And by saying that, I'm right as well, you're trying to force it more on Lucario then the situation as a whole. Said priority list would've been the same minus Lucario, Mewtwo would still be towards the bottom like he was and may've not made it in regardless considering the relegation of resources. It's not one feature, it's a multiple set that kept him out. My problem with your logic is you're trying to focus too much on one little aspect and blow it completely out of proportion, there has to be a consideration for the other things that prevented his inclusion.

Also, the Falco leak has been disproven.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I am a huge supporter of VILLAIN characters, not K. Rool and Ridley. VILLAIN characters. This includes K. Rool and Ridley, of course. It is just annoying to see people asserting that K. Rool or Ridley are the only valuable Nintendo villains when there is a plethora of great choices that are somehow not important enough. It doesn't even matter, they don't need to be important or well-requested... they are not even desired.
Oh, really, you're too kind.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The only problem I have with everyone wanting new villain characters... is that they don't really. They want K. Rool and Ridley. They don't actually want villain characters. Where is Meowth? The most prominent, prevalent, and iconic Pokemon villain that is the spiritual rival of Pikachu (inverted Pokedex numbers alluding to cat and mouse). Where is Black Shadow/Samurai Goroh? F-Zero is one of the most respected and well regarded series (pertaining to Smash, not Nintendo, Smash). No one wants them. King Hippo? No, Mac is enough. Hades or Medusa? NO PALUTENA IS ENOUGH.

Each and every one of those villains would get support if anyone were convinced they had a chance. If people aren't convinced they're making an investment in a character that's likely to pay off, they oftentimes won't bother. Unless they're the cretins from the Roster Discussion thread making threads for football mascots and whatnot.

I think a full villain roster would be infinitely more interesting than anything else could ever hope to be.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh, really, you're too kind.
I was going to include Ghirahim in my rant, but I didn't want any of my credibility attenuated. :troll:

Seriously though, nobody even wants another Legend of Zelda villain, it is all about clone characters, Tingle, or bust. Ghirahim and Vaati are great choices that are often over-looked.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Each and every one of those villains would get support if anyone were convinced they had a chance. If people aren't convinced they're making an investment in a character that's likely to pay off, they oftentimes won't bother. Unless they're the cretins from the Roster Discussion thread making threads for football mascots and whatnot.

I think a full villain roster would be infinitely more interesting than anything else could ever hope to be.
Hey, only Wesker is allowed to say cretin.

Also, this pretty much summarizes every not-universally accepted character.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So.. this conversation going on with ChaosZero... how do we know that this is indeed THE ChaosZero and not just some guy pretending to be or know him?

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
All right then, Mr Villain supporter, rattle off all the viable bosses of franchises that don't have their antagonists, yet. K.Rool and Ridley, yes. Go for ones that have potential movesets that set them apart. Bonus points if you can mention if they've been seen frequently in leaks.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Again, that is not a feasible reason to dismiss a leak, but if that is your criteria; who is to say that it is fallacious. I am hesitant if a leak asserts that Shulk is playable.
Well, Ridley has already been implied that he's a stage hazard, and Miis aren't a character nor would they work in smash, and I frankly don't see Sakurai deciding to put in Miis over another character, remember character slots are limited.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I was going to include Ghirahim in my rant, but I didn't want any of my credibility attenuated. :troll:

Seriously though, nobody even wants another Legend of Zelda villain, it is all about clone characters, Tingle, or bust. Ghirahim and Vaati are great choices that are often over-looked.
It's the thought that counts.

I seriously wonder how many people support Tingle ironically, like Reggie. People like him, but I'm certain he's not warmly welcomed anywhere.

I personally find the idea of Ghirahim appealing because he contrasts with both Link, and Ganondorf. Both in design and fighting style.

Also, disconfirmed Falco leak?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
All right then, Mr Villain supporter, rattle off all the viable bosses of franchises that don't have their antagonists, yet. K.Rool and Ridley, yes. Go for ones that have potential movesets that set them apart. Bonus points if you can mention if they've been seen frequently in leaks.
*coughKamekcough*

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well, Ridley has already been implied that he's a stage hazard, and Miis aren't a character nor would they work in smash, and I frankly don't see Sakurai deciding to put in Miis over another character, remember character slots are limited.
Implied is not the same thing as confirmed though, he could just as easily be in any other role. As for the Miis, that goes for Villager as well as they're supposed to be your avatars in the game. Miis are also an important part of Nintendo, you and me may not like that but that is something that would work in their favor.

Black Shadow comes to mind.

Morbi

Scavenger
The implication could be alluding to his status as a playable character though, nothing in the statement is definitive. I mean, Ridley could be an assist trophy if we are just looking at the context of the statement.

The second notion is a subjective opinion. I am not insinuating that I want Miis, but I am entirely prepared to compromise and deal with them, it is important to see the positive where there is mostly negative.

Yes, I remember; if my predictions are correct, we only have about 6-8 more newcomers.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh, as an addition to my commentary on villain support, you're gonna have to tear the majority of the community away from the fallacious "reps" and "relevance" "arguments" before you'll see support for guys like Kamek or Black Shadow. Hell, even K. Rool isn't fully immune to that type of garbage despite being mostly accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom