• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
yeah, that leak's solid. it's pretty legit.

also, anyone else notice we rarely get leaks that include people's feet? suppose it's a lot easier to make a fake leak without the feet.
Are feet really relevant? I mean, you know the characters have them. Do you need to see them? You can't see Rosalina's feet. Does that mean she's fake?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Are feet really relevant? I mean, you know the characters have them. Do you need to see them? You can't see Rosalina's feet. Does that mean she's fake?
no, I mean the shadow on the 3ds might be harder to fake in comparison to everything else.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
OK. That makes more sense than the feet thing. :p
well, it's at their feet usually, my post couldn't be that hard to understand....
also, anyone else notice we rarely get leaks that include people's feet? suppose it's a lot easier to make a fake leak without the feet.
.....maybe it wasn't. my bad.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Heh, even though I believe the leak I said go right now ahead, if you are able to debunk it all the power to you. Will be interested to see if anyhing comes up that hasn't been shown.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well I'm wondering if theres a direct coming up next month or in march

And the press confrence thing this friday I'm just going to go with my guts on nothing will be revealed at that

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Just got word from NL, and it seems that the 31st is going be more of a business meeting then anything else, so no Smash news or otherwise will come from it I imagine. Here's the article:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...smartphone_strategy_to_be_announced_this_week

However there's still the chance for a Direct announcement the day after tomorrow for Thursday, but I'm not holding my breath by this point. Bottom line, if a Direct isn't made known within the next 48 hours, "prediction guy" is toast.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Just got word from NL, and it seems that the 31st is going be more of a business meeting then anything else, so no Smash news or otherwise will come from it I imagine. Here's the article:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...smartphone_strategy_to_be_announced_this_week

However there's still the chance for a Direct announcement the day after tomorrow for Thursday, but I'm not holding my breath by this point. Bottom line, if a Direct isn't made known within the next 48 hours, "prediction guy" is toast.
Ah... Dang...

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Just remember, the meeting is on the 31st, while the Shulk reveal is predicted to happen on the 30th. But even so I believe the odds are almost insurmountable now.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Just remember, the meeting is on the 31st, while the Shulk reveal is predicted to happen on the 30th. But even so I believe the odds are almost insurmountable now.
Why on the 30th? If anything it's be on the 11th of Feburary (when Xenogears came out)...

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Why on the 30th? If anything it's be on the 11th of Feburary (when Xenogears came out)...
Why would they reveal him for a game he never even existed in?
Plus I wouldn't put too much stock into the whole anniversary thing anymore, as evidenced in the past many times.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The best guesses for character reveals are game releases (in Japan) and Nintendo Directs. That doesn't invalidate other possibilities, but those two have been the most consistent so far.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Mr Prediction "predicted" that the reason for the Shulk reveal was closer to "X" being properly revealed as Xenoblade 2 than Xenoblade HD Edition. We shall see this week if he is to be believed.

RODO

Smash Ace
Closest thing I could find to her stances in the leaks are from the AR card battle thing in KI:U. I know that has already been dismissed, but if someone has those cards it might be worth checking into again, maybe try a few different angles to see if it can be matched up at all. Definitely not pulled from the Uprising game itself, that's all I can say for sure.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

Nintendo normally announces their Directs a day before they happen. So "prediction guys" only hope is they announce one on Wednesday to occur on the 30th. Otherwise, he's boned.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Closest thing I could find to her stances in the leaks are from the AR card battle thing in KI:U. I know that has already been dismissed, but if someone has those cards it might be worth checking into again, maybe try a few different angles to see if it can be matched up at all. Definitely not pulled from the Uprising game itself, that's all I can say for sure.
I checked myself just to make sure I was getting an accurate result. The poses are similar, but they aren't alike.

Bartholin

Smash Cadet
New leak from GameFaqs:

I have a source who gave me some information on Super Smash Bros. You don't need to know the details of that, so I'll just tell you what I know.

-First up, Ridley is a newcomer. He is very unique, and the largest character in the game, a bit bigger than Bowser. When playing on the Pyrosphere stage, Mecha-Ridley will instead be in the background.

-Dixie Kong is another newcomer. She is not paired with Diddy, and is not a clone.

-There are now 3 Fire Emblem representatives - Marth, Ike and Chrom.

-There are 6 Pokemon representatives. The dev team were not happy with this, but GameFreak wanted them. They are - Lucario, Mewtwo, Blaziken, PIkachu and Jigglypuff. Blaziken was not originally planned. He is not a clone, and the only move he takes is Blaze Kick, which acts like Falcon Kick.

-Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mii and Palutena are the only other newcomers I know of. There will be more.

Now for information about current characters:

-The Melee clones do not return, except for Dr.Mario, who is an alternative costume.

-Wolf, Snake and Lucas are cut

-Ganondorf has been changed a lot. The only moves he keeps are Flame Choke, his side tilt, and his air attacks.

-Falco is also further away from being a Fox clone.

-Corneria, Temple, Hyrule Castle, Fourside, Delfino Plaza, Poke Floats, Summit and WarioWare Inc, are the returning stages I know of.

That is all I know. (note: this is a throwaway account)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Every goddamn thread title there is "I have some information on Super Smash Bros. for Wii U." Get original, Smashboarders trolling over there and/or GameFAQs trolls skimming this thread.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You know what kind of leak I'd like hear (real or even fake)? ANYTHING about how Smash 3DS & Smash Wii U will connect with each other. Sakurai has been too darn quiet on this subject and it's kinda bothering me as I wanna know pretty badly.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Good enough for me, it's real.
Yup. The picture of her with her posing with her staff can especially be trusted. No matter what angle you viewed that pose at in the AR viewer, it wouldn't match up.

SuperPiccoloBros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
superpiccolobros
Didn't sakurai state he was not sure of past stages returning because they would feel different on the 3DS(which is a stupid reason though) though im not sure if that really counts against the leak much

PS im new here but have been lurking for awhile

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Didn't sakurai state he was not sure of past stages returning because they would feel different on the 3DS(which is a stupid reason though) though im not sure if that really counts against the leak much
I don't remember Sakurai stating anything like that.

Morbi

Scavenger
You know what kind of leak I'd like hear (real or even fake)? ANYTHING about how Smash 3DS & Smash Wii U will connect with each other. Sakurai has been too darn quiet on this subject and it's kinda bothering me as I wanna know pretty badly.
I found this quote in a random leak on GameFaqs.

"Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U will connect with each other. As I have insider information, I will now elaborate. It just so happens that you can import customization features from the 3DS version to the Wii U version; however, you cannot export this content from the Wii U version. The stage builder will be further simplified to accommodate this amazing and new element of the game. This is a great new feature, I hope you... enjoy!"

SuperPiccoloBros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
superpiccolobros
I don't remember Sakurai stating anything like that.
I dont quite remember where but i read it in an article up on Eventhubs it was back in july so im sure even it was true it could have changed by now. but than again i tend to not believe anything till i see it.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I suppose Lucas and Wolf would be cut. Snake, maybe. Suspicious that Sonic was confirmed, but Snake isn't.
Honestly I wouldn't be shocked at the exclusion of all those characters. Wolf is pretty much a third clone of fox with some unique moves, Lucas is an improved clone of Ness, and Snake's inclusion was a bit of an oddball in the first place, plus he's a third party character more suited to PS:AS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom