• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Ha his chances are about the size of my "you know what"

Tiny---I mean...uh, huge! Great big chances! Ridley confirmed. Move along.

(Don't know innuendo is breaking the forum rules, I'll delete it if it is.)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I just randomly clicked on a page, and people were talking about making a Smash dating Sim. Which would only be slightly worse than when a bunch of people suggested to do the same for Pokemon, both awful. Then I clicked the last page and now we're talking about some Lego dude. If I had to guess, we finally put the Palutena leak topic so far into the ground that it's sitting right next to E.T.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure a while back in Brawl's development, Sakurai said the inclusion of Ridley would be almost impossible, but if the team put in enough effort, then it could probably be pulled off. Assuming that obstacles in ssb4's development aren't as difficult this time around with existing technology, I am pretty positive it would be easier including Ridley, than during Brawl's development. :confused::confused:

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
So I just randomly clicked on a page, and people were talking about making a Smash dating Sim. Which would only be slightly worse than when a bunch of people suggested to do the same for Pokemon, both awful. Then I clicked the last page and now we're talking about some Lego dude. If I had to guess, we finally put the Palutena leak topic so far into the ground that it's sitting right next to E.T.
I think we've forgotten that this is a rumor and leaks thread all together, everyone has just moved from the Roster thread. :joyful:

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm pretty sure a while back in Brawl's development, Sakurai said the inclusion of Ridley would be almost impossible, but if the team put in enough effort, then it could probably be pulled off. Assuming that obstacles in ssb4's development aren't as difficult this time around with existing technology, I am pretty positive it would be easier including Ridley, than during Brawl's development. :confused::confused:
Yeah, but he would have to be slow. *Sakurai laughs.

NP: There was a rumor at one point about Ridley being playable. Was that ever a consideration?

S: I think that would probably be impossible.[laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that have been all right? [laughs]

Morbi

Scavenger
And that **** makes no sense whatsoever. How would he HAVE to be slow? Maybe Sakurai thought that because everyone was slow in the Brawl roster (except for Meta Knight).
Exactly, that fallacious proclamation has always bothered me. Hopefully after some contemplation he wouldn't have to arbitrarily make Ridley slow to make him work.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
"But he would be a little slow. Would that be all right? *laughs*"

I really do think Palutena is part of the roster for SSB4, but I have a feeling that this leak is fake. Why hasn't Nintendo made any sort of response to this? I would think that they have an airtight grip on any info regarding SSB4.

Morbi

Scavenger

I really do think Palutena is part of the roster for SSB4, but I have a feeling that this leak is fake. Why hasn't Nintendo made any sort of response to this? I would think that they have an airtight grip on any info regarding SSB4.
I don't know, usually if a leak is fake and they don't want to mislead consumers, they will address the leak. However, if the leak is fake, but Palutena is actually in the game, it is probably just best to not acknowledge the leak. If the leak is real, there is NO way they are going to talk about it.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

What would they say? Even if it were fake, she could be possible in the future, so they couldn't deny that she will be in it, and they're not going to say "yes she's in", because if she's in, they're going to want to reveal her on their time. Also, a few thousand people who have seen a picture probably doesn't affect them very much.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Ya don't expect Nintendo to acknowledge this leak to the public whether it is true or not. If it is real, they will discreetly sack the guy who leaked it and pretend nothing happened.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
The Ninteninjas have surely dispatched the leaker, and no one remembers him. Like he never existed.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

For all we know, they might have taken care of the guy. But much like the Pokemon leaks, even if the person was caught, that didn't stop a bunch of info getting out. If this is the real deal, I want to see how far this dude can go.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
For all we know, they might taken care of the guy. But much like the Pokemon leaks, even if the person was caught, that didn't stop a bunch of info getting out. If this is the real deal, I want to see how this dude can go.
Even if it is real, I doubt they really have any way of actually knowing who did it. The picture could have been taken any time, and I'm guessing more than one person would have access to it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Even if it is real, I doubt they really have any way of actually knowing who did it. The picture could have been taken any time, and I'm guessing more than one person would have access to it.
Fair point. Which I can only imagine is annoying on Nintendo's end. But us fans have something cool to talk about.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Fair point. Which I can only imagine is annoying on Nintendo's end. But us fans have something cool to talk about.
Either way, I wouldn't count on another leak like this happening in the near future. Either Nintendo will find and fire the person who did this which will set a pretty big example for everyone else who works there or they won't be able to find the exact guy but will keep an extremely sharp eye on all playtesters from here on out.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, I certainly wouldn't mind a few more leaks of this caliber getting out. I want the tension to end!!

Though it's definitely a bummer for Sakurai. Poor guy took spoilers pretty seriously, so this probably hurts.

:sadsheep:

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Don't get me wrong, leaks are exciting and I definitely want the tension to end as well. I am just saying that the odds of it happening again, at least like this, are very slim. As they say, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The odds of it happening in the first place were pretty slim. It's Nintendo after all. Again? Astronomically smaller.

We can dream though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Still not as bad as UMvC3's new characters getting shown off way before they were meant to. That was a bad deal. No lying about that. Made the hype die out a little faster for casual players.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Still not as bad as UMvC3's new characters getting shown off way before they were meant to. That was a bad deal. No lying about that. Made the hype die out a little faster for casual players.
What was a hype killer for many fans, was the best day ever for me haha I still am too stubborn to drop Wright despite how awful he is.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Well, I certainly wouldn't mind a few more leaks of this caliber getting out. I want the tension to end!!

Though it's definitely a bummer for Sakurai. Poor guy took spoilers pretty seriously, so this probably hurts.

:sadsheep:
Never really thought about that. The poor dude now probably wants to remove Palutena entirely because the 'surprise' factor is gone.

Not that we saw her coming or anything.

Fullen

Smash Rookie
Every character revel comes with a few wii u and 3ds screens, so i'm guessing the only reason that sakurai hasnt revealed palutena yet is because the wii u model isnt quite polished.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Ok ok so I know Palutena is talked about a lot at this point but. Screens are believable enough, why does everyone say that the pics of the day following that are proof?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The Viridi pic? Well it wasn't a coincidence. There wasn't much KI related pics of the day recently, and showing Viridi, who I knew was gonna be in the stage anyways (via Ch.11 of Uprising), would be pleasing. Besides, it's know that Sakurai likes Viridi a lot, so I know that he'd show us Viridi sooner or later. Honestly, other franchises are lacking much attention in the pics of the day as of late, and Kid Icarus happened to be one of them.

peachy!

super princess
Same goes for the entire PlayStation All-Stars roster getting leaked almost half a year before the release. It definitely killed the hype for players.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Same goes for the entire PlayStation All-Stars roster getting leaked almost half a year before the release. It definitely killed the hype for players.
True, in both cases we ended up arguing about how stupid it was that big characters like Mega Man (especially since they heard the complaints about him been left out the first time) and Crash Bandicoot (Screw you Activision) were left out. Granted it also happened in Brawl (Ridley, Krystal,Bowser Jr. and Krystal spring to mind) but without definitive proof (UMVC's website giving it away/hacking the PSASBR demo) we were too busy looking through the game to be exclusively pissed.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Hey guys are all of these Zelda Pictures out yet? I know some of them are, but I wasn't sure. Some of them might be fake though, especially the one with Toon Link, looks kinda strange.: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=96586646&postcount=6127

Edit: Never mind, I didn't see how at the top of the post that it was from the Facebook Page, which I wasn't aware existed.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am beginning to think that the Palutena leak might be fake... why? Look at her shield in the leaked images... there's no rope dangling at the bottom of the shield. The dangling rope can be seen on Palutena's official art for Uprising... and it can be seen in the game during Palutena's boss fight and it can be seen on Palutena's Idol in Uprising. Granted, Palutena didn't have that rope dangling from her shield in Brawl but that was before Uprising existed.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I am beginning to think that the Palutena leak might be fake... why? Look at her shield in the leaked images... there's no rope dangling at the bottom of the shield. The dangling rope can be seen on Palutena's official art for Uprising... and it can be seen in the game during Palutena's boss fight and it can be seen on Palutena's Idol in Uprising. Granted, Palutena didn't have that rope dangling from her shield in Brawl but that was before Uprising existed.
I'm pretty sure the whole point of that rope was for something for Palutena to grip on to when using her shield, and that's what she's probably doing in the screenshots.

The rope is indeed in Brawl, though. You can see it in Pit's final smash.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
so what do u think of the chaos zero leak true or not?
Anyone can claim they've talked with someone. It's no more legit than the guys who claim to be vacationing with Sakurai.

Nintendo rarely ever acknowledges leaks in the public at all, I'm sure Reggie would have ignored the Cranky Kong leak at VGX too if it wasn't brought up by the hosts.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Anyone can claim they've talked with someone. It's no more legit than the guys who claim to be vacationing with Sakurai.

Nintendo rarely ever acknowledges leaks in the public at all, I'm sure Reggie would have ignored the Cranky Kong leak at VGX too if it wasn't brought up by the hosts.
Cranky Kong Leak? I'm intriuged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom