• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think character intros will return? Melee was my first Smash, and when I went back to 64, I wondered why intros weren't in Melee. Of course, I was glad to see them return in Brawl; so now I hope they return again.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Guys it's not a power star charm. It's the top of the spiny charm. It's really not that hard to see.
You shouldn't be using such a general term. I'm the only one still clinging to that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Do you guys think character intros will return? Melee was my first Smash, and when I went back to 64, I wondered why intros weren't in Melee. Of course, I was glad to see them return in Brawl; so now I hope they return again.
This isn't general SSB4 discussion. Please stop bringing up topics unrelated to the thread's purpose.

DarkGundam

Smash Apprentice
So assuming that the image of her is legit (which it probably is) brings the question: Which "leaked" roster actually her as a playable character?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So assuming that the image of her is legit (which it probably is) brings the question: Which "leaked" roster actually her as a playable character?
Oh, hey. Good question. I don't have the answer, but good question!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
N3ON, what do you think of the leak? Think it's real?
If it isn't there's going to be a hell of a time trying to top it as best fake leak evah. I'm leaning towards it being legit, but until we get some confirmation I'm not jumping towards any assumptions. I think either way Palutena still has pretty solid chances.

This is also like the fourth time I've given my opinions on the leak after being prompted. :laugh:

Quite a few. Plus lots of leaks purposely didn't attempt to give the entire roster, just a handful of newcomers, so even if they didn't have Palutena (or some other character that ends up playable) they still couldn't be dismissed.

DarkGundam

Smash Apprentice
Quite a few. Plus lots of leaks purposely didn't attempt to give the entire roster, just a handful of newcomers, so even if they didn't have Palutena (or some other character that ends up playable) they still couldn't be dismissed.
That's a very good point, if anything we could rule out leaks that claimed she wouldn't be in the game.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I feel really bad that I hope this leak is a fake just so I can see everyone's reaction.

But she would be a really cool new player nonetheless.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I feel really bad that I hope this leak is a fake just so I can see everyone's reaction.

But she would be a really cool new player nonetheless.
Both you and my cousin want this to be fake just to see people's reactions. XD

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Both you and my cousin want this to be fake just to see people's reactions. XD
Yes, many people do want to see reactions. Can you imagine this leak, which is the closest thing to being for once a real leak, was deemed fake? The Internet outburst would be strong enough to burst the minds of those who were strongwilled.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yes, many people do want to see reactions. Can you imagine this leak, which is the closest thing to being for once a real leak, was deemed fake? The Internet outburst would be strong enough to burst the minds of those who were strongwilled.
If this leak ends up being fake, I'll probably go insane from the shock and anger.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah if fake people will get real mad until Palutena gets confirmed for reals and then no one will give a damn.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yeah if fake people will get real mad until Palutena gets confirmed for reals and then no one will give a damn.
True. If Lady Palutena is confirmed (which she most likely will be), whether or not these pictures are fake will be irrelevant to me.

But I'll still use them to rub in people's faces.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Should the leak be fake, and once people stop caring about these pics and start erroneously claiming they actually thought it was fake deep down all along, at least it'll give future leakers something to aspire towards.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I will claim no such thing, honestly. If they're fake, I'll rise up to the occasion and admit I was wrong. :p

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Still, if this image is fake, that guy who made it won top Troll of the Year. If its not a fake, Kudos to the guy who managed to leak it past ol' Sakurai

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Still, if this image is fake, that guy who made it won top Troll of the Year. If its not a fake, Kudos to the guy who managed to leak it past ol' Sakurai
If it's real (which I still hate saying, considering it is real, no doubt in my mind), that's probably why it's a pic of the 3DS version. Easier to take a picture of without people seeing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
By no means am I saying the majority will claim they saw through these pics all along, because that's clearly not the case, but you know there will be the occasional person claiming they never believed in the first place, and all that big talk. It happens all the time, and even though this leak is superb, it'll happen again.

That is if this leak actually is fake. Which doesn't seem overly likely imo.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
By no means am I saying the majority will claim they saw through these pics all along, because that's clearly not the case, but you know there will be the occasional person claiming they never believed in the first place, and all that big talk. It happens all the time, and even though this leak is superb, it'll happen again.

That is if this leak actually is fake. Which doesn't seem overly likely imo.
There's too little evidence to debunk it. You saw that Waluigi leak! Tore down literally a minute after posting. This leak is still swimming around after over 2 days.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There's too little evidence to debunk it. You saw that Waluigi leak! Tore down literally a minute after posting. This leak is still swimming around after over 2 days.
To be fair that Waluigi leak was laughable. He literally took Waluigi from an official Brawl DOJO pic and put it in an official SSB4 DOJO pic.

But yeah, like I said, the Palutena leak is leagues above all other questionable "leaked" images, most of which only gain some sort of credibility because they're too damn blurry to debunk. :laugh:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I think it depends on how the leak is proven false, not whether or not it's proven false.

If somebody finally shows definitive proof the pics were fake, it honestly won't be all that big of a deal and Palutena might still be playable.

Now if Sakurai disconfirms the leak, then we may have ourselves a bit of a e-meltdown, 'cause this leak's getting plenty of people on the Palutena hype train. =/

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yea if it's fake I'll admit I was wrong. However, I will search for whatever I can find that makes it fake. Because I'm positive the pictures are real.

There are a few things that some people aren't remembering, and that would be that there are TWO pics, not just one. That means, I would think, that they would have to prove both are fake.

Leaking two pictures opens up more chances for someone to get shot down... Yet we still haven't after what... 3 days tomorrow?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
To be fair that Waluigi leak was laughable. He literally took Waluigi from an official Brawl DOJO pic and put it in an official SSB4 DOJO pic.

But yeah, like I said, the Palutena leak is leagues above all other "leaked" images, most of which only gain some sort of credibility if they're too damn blurry to debunk. :laugh:
Well, yeah, it was a pretty horrible attempt, but still. Just goes to show you how fast most "leaks" are overturned.

Exactly. But this has pretty good quality, and nothing to debunk it well.

Yea if it's fake I'll admit I was wrong. However, I will search for whatever I can find that makes it fake. Because I'm positive the pictures are real.

There are a few things that some people aren't remembering, and that would be that there are TWO pics, not just one. That means, I would think, that they would have to prove both are fake.

Leaking two pictures opens up more chances for someone to get shot down... Yet we still haven't after what... 4 days tomorrow?
Three days come tomorrow. It was leaked the 22nd, remember that. And yeah. Proving two pics to be fake is gonna be hard.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I really think these are real and will also admit I was wrong if they are fake. I just want this to be real so badly, so I can finally stop maining Pikachu. I really wanted Ashley (deconfirmed) and Micaiah (unprobable) too but if I get one of the three I think I'll be fine. After Smash 4 comes out, this might give me a reason to play KIU and actually deal with Pit's annoyingness

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
So lets say we find out the leak is 100% true, does anyone think theres a chance the same leaker could pop up again with something new? I mean im not sure how he would get caught on 4chan

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So lets say we find out the leak is 100% true, does anyone think theres a chance the same leaker could pop up again with something new? I mean im not sure how he would get caught on 4chan
If it's fake, I don't imagine the faker trying to top it.

If it's real, he's probably long gone, trying to escape (or having already been a victim of) Sakurai's wrath.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
It would be the worst if Sakurai deconfirms Palutena on his Twitter or something. "FYI she's not even in the game" that's the worst possible scenario.
If Sakurai leaked it then Palutena is probably the best choice. Palutena isn't popular enough in the casual/competetive niche to get a lot of people excited in a Direct. A K.rool,Dixie,or Little Mac should be saved for a direct. (heck even Ridley if he has a chance) with that in mind we probably won't be getting Palutena in a direct. She's probably going to be a secret character. I hope they show reveal videos in game as you unlock each new character.That would be sick.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I dunno, does Icarus really need more than one rep?

..Did it really need the first one? I mean, I'm glad they did because it brought the series back that was long dead but... inb4 flamewar

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
I'll admit to being a believer if it's fake, I can't be fake myself, haha.

If the images are fake, but Palutena is still in, I'll be happy regardless, yet disappointed because I really thought they were real.

If the images are fake, and Palutena isn't in, I'll be disappointed, yet neutral because it still means she wasn't going to be playable anyway, and the fakes weren't going to change that.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I dunno, does Icarus really need more than one rep?

..Did it really need the first one? I mean, I'm glad they did because it brought the series back that was long dead but... inb4 flamewar
Did SF need three characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom