• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I was just searching for some leaks and I came across this one. Can anyone prove that it is fake? I tried to think about it for a day, but I didn't come up with anything, so I gave up. It is probably real. :troll:

It's completely legit. I mean how could it not be? It looks so authentic.

toonist22

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-2470-0098
Hey guys, I was just searching for some leaks and I came across this one. Can anyone prove that it is fake? I tried to think about it for a day, but I didn't come up with anything, so I gave up. It is probably real. :troll:

Oh Mah Gash, Raihu confirmed! :troll:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm talking about Japan here. I think the game is excellent, and I agree with all the praise it gets, but over in Japan it gets a lot more flak than the rest of the series. Here's an example: http://earthboundcentral.com/2013/04/mother-3-and-japanese-fans-revisited/

Yeah it's got some fans over there too but it's not garnered nearly as much praise over there as it has over here.
I highly doubt however that Lucas will be cut. Smash is about presenting different aspects of each character's franchise, and cutting Lucas would be cutting out an entire part of Mother's *small* history.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
1) Various people have compared this video frame by frame, and there is no match. The Mario used in the leak received various tweaks, and resembles a much further developed model. The Mario actually resembles the Mario from the adventure screen shot that was released recently. The fact that these Marios share the same traits, versus the E3 video, both debunk this reasoning and adds to its authenticity.

2) The rocks and trees appear to be 2-D images in fixed positions. Even with this, the leaked image takes place on top of the right platform and is angled in a position that would be impossible to recreate with available media.

1. Footage has been analyzed from Brawl and Uprising. What we are seeing is not a product of photoshop, but an original 3D model.
2. If anything this.
3. While possible, experts claim the resolution does not match between Brawl and 3DS, making this difficult. Also you would have to take into an account for recreating the entire Battlefield stage, with perfect consistencies, and creating a Mario model that matches the most recent released mario image (which was 48 hours before this leak happened) And again, photoshop was not used here.
4. It is currently impossible to extract 3DS data.
5. Maybe.

Either way, the internet is convinced Photoshop was not used here. Everything in the images are entirely original. And considering the person had a 48 hour time period to perfect these, completely rendering everypiece with that much detail is highly unlikly.

you bring up a lot of good points

in terms of resolution differences, however, it can still be faked. everything doesn't need to be in the same scene if it's photoshopped too, so the stage and mario don't need to be recreated if they have a source

plus if there's no source where upon mario is in that position, even I could take the current smash 4 mario brawl texture and edit it enough to be a convincing 3ds image.

the most advance fake someone could make in terms of replicating mario easily would be taking his smash 4 brawl texture, taking his model and making it lower poly in 3dsmax, and reimporting it into brawl, taking a picture, photoshopping all the details from other footage of 3ds mario onto him and any needed lighting, then take it into the scene with the background and palutena, then take that finished photo into the 3ds picture viewer, snapping a shot from there.

It sounds like much but to anyone with brawl vertex and texture experience, such a feat is pretty easy. Your other points raised are entirely valid however, and falsifying palutena is the biggest question at hand.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
:pow::happysheep::yoshi::mad088::drflip:
Never noticed how many of these there were and theyre awesome.
I wonder what the next major leak will be after Palutenas done...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well let's break this all down. Here's where we stand with the characters at the top being the confirmed ones, the middle being the safe predictions and the ones at the bottom that always end up on the cut lists.

Assuming Sheik and Zamus get their own reveals, that means there's at least 13 veterans still to come, 7 if we only count the ones that were starters. At 7 that would mean by June, all the ones everyone knows will be in the game would be revealed. Keeping in mind this isn't accounting for newcomers.

Eit: OH GOD! What have you done to my roster imageshack?!
That seems legit except for one thing

HOLY MOTHER OF HOw many times do we have to tell you people ROB is fine hes far too unquie to be kicked

In other words PUT ROB IN THE MIDDLE AREA

(And to explain again japan loves that guy, the only real world character in smash bros he cameod in almost all of the confirmed characters series, lots of people love him, most unquie character, and finally the only reason he can be kicked is time contrast)

Ps I apologize if time contrast is why ROB is down there

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
you bring up a lot of good points

in terms of resolution differences, however, it can still be faked. everything doesn't need to be in the same scene if it's photoshopped too, so the stage and mario don't need to be recreated if they have a source

plus if there's no source where upon mario is in that position, even I could take the current smash 4 mario brawl texture and edit it enough to be a convincing 3ds image.

the most advance fake someone could make in terms of replicating mario easily would be taking his smash 4 brawl texture, taking his model and making it lower poly in 3dsmax, and reimporting it into brawl, taking a picture, photoshopping all the details from other footage of 3ds mario onto him and any needed lighting, then take it into the scene with the background and palutena, then take that finished photo into the 3ds picture viewer, snapping a shot from there.

It sounds like much but to anyone with brawl vertex and texture experience, such a feat is pretty easy. Your other points raised are entirely valid however, and falsifying palutena is the biggest question at hand.
As far as I'm concerned, the part I put in bold is the smoking gun of it all.

While things could be photoshopped, and could be edited, then the person who edited the picture would have to have edited the Mario model to be exactly the same as the model revealed shortly before.

I mean surely there are ways to create a fake image of this caliber, but it would probably take much more time and focus to get the Mario model in the perfect position with the perfect colors and shades, to get the Palutena model to look unique by removing one or two ornaments on her dress and replacing it with the exact same color scheme, as well as an authentic background of Battlefield that has no source as far as we know.

All of this still being unknown after 3 days now.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Wait so there was only one character announced in November (Zelda) right? If that's true, then the 1 1 2 pattern would have 2 characters fall on January...

Also, I was kinda of irritated with the amount of Kid Icarus doesn't need more than one rep thing. At first I agreed, but think about Star Fox and Earthbound. Starfox hasn't had a game since Command I think, and that wasn't even canon and Mother 3 is pretty old too.
And also here is my logic about that, using Ice Climber as an example:

Ice Climber: 1 NES Game: Melee Appearance + Brawl Appearance
Pit: 1 NES Game, 1 GBC Game, 1 VC Game: Brawl Appearance
Palutena: 1 NES Game, 1 GBC Game, 1 VC Game, 1 3DS Game: SSB4 Appearance.

This makes sense that she deserves a spot right?

EDIT: I looked, Zelda was in January. That would mean that the 2 would fall again on February.

Last edited:

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've seen that. But look at that spiny charm. Really look at it. Do you really think that, with the shape it has, it could look like a convincing Power Star, completely with the dot eyes we see on the Power Star charm?
Dude, you can see on both leak screens that the charm beside the alleged power star is present. On one of the screens, that very charm can be seen next to the long spiny charm.

Only chances of it being a power star is if the spiny charm had the power star on top.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Dude, you can see on both leak screens that the charm beside the alleged power star is present. On one of the screens, that very charm can be seen next to the long spiny charm.

Only chances of it being a power star is if the spiny charm had the power star on top.
I mean just hold up your hand against her official artwork and put in to the point where you can only see the tip of the spiny charm.

BAM! You have the Power Star.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The power star thing in my opinion is irrelevant, because there are so many things that point towards it being real aside from that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I come from the shadows of my college life to pose this question:
Why is this "power star" thing a big deal, you silly people?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Well, yeah, but I just thought that the spiny charm couldn't make a convincing illusion.

But I was on the wrong track, I guess.
I come from the shadows of my college life to pose this question:
Why is this "power star" thing a big deal, you silly people?
It would help the realism of this, because it'd be an easter egg only Sakurai would think to implement.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
As far as I'm concerned, the part I put in bold is the smoking gun of it all.

While things could be photoshopped, and could be edited, then the person who edited the picture would have to have edited the Mario model to be exactly the same as the model revealed shortly before.

I mean surely there are ways to create a fake image of this caliber, but it would probably take much more time and focus to get the Mario model in the perfect position with the perfect colors and shades, to get the Palutena model to look unique by removing one or two ornaments on her dress and replacing it with the exact same color scheme, as well as an authentic background of Battlefield that has no source as far as we know.

All of this still being unknown after 3 days now.
Honestly I think the time available to create this shows how impractical it would be if it were fake.
Providing there was 48 hours in between the Mario PotD image, and the leaked image, this would mean the leaker had to:
Create a Palutena model from scratch. Completely matching Pit's SSB4 artstyle, and consciously making her different enough to distinguish from other models. The fact that she shares similarities between Brawl and Uprising, while having new features, shows he would have to put A LOT of thought into this.

Next he would to have to have created the stage from scratch. This means, studying all the images available, and determining the exact perception in order to produce the angles viewed. In addition to this, he would to have noticed that a lot of background objects (Rocks, clouds...etc) are actually 2D fixed images, much like the food from previous smash games.

Third, with a new Mario image, he would have to either take an existing mario/ or create one from scratch, staying true to the most recent screenshot, and knowing to include appropriate design changes, that are consistent with a game that is further along in development.

Lastly, he would have to had studied outlines TO A SCIENCE. A common nitpick with these images, are that Palutena's outlines aren't 100% consistent, and dont cover exactly every area. However, many of the current 3DS screens display this exactly the same way. Luigis flutter is inconsistent, some weapons are outlined, and some aren't, pikachus tail is lighter, Pit's wings arent outlined.....and the list goes on.

If this does turn out to be a fake, which is a longshot, then this faker may possibly possess the best attention to detail abilities I've ever came across.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I like that since the Palutena leak there hasn't been as many rumors. It's like all the trolls are actually excited to talk about Smash Bros instead of create fake news.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Wait so there was only one character announced in November (Zelda) right? If that's true, then the 1 1 2 pattern would have 2 characters fall on January...

Also, I was kinda of irritated with the amount of Kid Icarus doesn't need more than one rep thing. At first I agreed, but think about Star Fox and Earthbound. Starfox hasn't had a game since Command I think, and that wasn't even canon and Mother 3 is pretty old too.
And also here is my logic about that, using Ice Climber as an example:

Ice Climber: 1 NES Game: Melee Appearance + Brawl Appearance
Pit: 1 NES Game, 1 GBC Game, 1 VC Game: Brawl Appearance
Palutena: 1 NES Game, 1 GBC Game, 1 VC Game, 1 3DS Game: SSB4 Appearance.

This makes sense that she deserves a spot right?

EDIT: I looked, Zelda was in January. That would mean that the 2 would fall again on February.
You mean Zeldas reveal? No that was in December. Novmeber had Marth, I think, but I know Zelda was in December.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
You know we won't be getting either of these images as pic of the day first right? At least probably not, since every character, assists included have been in WiiU pic of the days first. I know this doesn't prove it's fake or anything (I actually believe it's real), but I thought I might put that factoid out there. We might not know what the 3DS model looks like since Olimar didn't have one on his character page.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I like that since the Palutena leak there hasn't been as many rumors. It's like all the trolls are actually excited to talk about Smash Bros instead of create fake news.
They've all been discouraged. My hypothesis is all the fakers out there think this is fake, and nobody wants to step up to the plate of trying to top it, just to have their work torn down in nanoseconds.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Honestly I think the time available to create this shows how impractical it would be if it were fake.
Providing there was 48 hours in between the Mario PotD image, and the leaked image, this would mean the leaker had to:
Create a Palutena model from scratch. Completely matching Pit's SSB4 artstyle, and consciously making her different enough to distinguish from other models. The fact that she shares similarities between Brawl and Uprising, while having new features, shows he would have to put A LOT of thought into this.

Next he would to have to have created the stage from scratch. This means, studying all the images available, and determining the exact perception in order to produce the angles viewed. In addition to this, he would to have noticed that a lot of background objects (Rocks, clouds...etc) are actually 2D fixed images, much like the food from previous smash games.

Third, with a new Mario image, he would have to either take an existing mario/ or create one from scratch, staying true to the most recent screenshot, and knowing to include appropriate design changes, that are consistent with a game that is further along in development.

Lastly, he would have to had studied outlines TO A SCIENCE. A common nitpick with these images, are that Palutena's outlines aren't 100% consistent, and dont cover exactly every area. However, many of the current 3DS screens display this exactly the same way. Luigis flutter is inconsistent, some weapons are outlined, and some aren't, pikachus tail is lighter, Pit's wings arent outlined.....and the list goes on.

If this does turn out to be a fake, which is a longshot, then this faker may possibly possess the best attention to detail abilities I've ever came across.
This is exactly what my thoughts have been, as well as a few of my friends that I've shown all of the info to.

It's just overall impractical for almost anybody to put so much effort into a Smash Bros photo. I just don't buy that it's fake. There are just too many factors applied that contradict things pointing towards it being fake.

I mean this would by far have to have the best skills I've ever seen. No question. There is just too much attention to detail. Nothing looks out of place, everything is consistent with pictures we've seen so far.

I mean now that I think about it, the leaker would have had to not only find or design models, he would have had to look up every single possible picture to make sure he wasn't contradicting anything already presented. Such as the pic of Link and Olimar in which Olimar's helmet has no outline, or the different weapons being or not being outlined.

It's just too perfect. Not too perfect to be real, but to be fake.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Hey I like talking smash bros, just not to the point where it becomes repetitive stuff.

I'm glad this happened, everything was dry as heck, now you guys have something cool to discuss about.

And they'll probably still be fake leaks made sooner or later....

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This is exactly what my thoughts have been, as well as a few of my friends that I've shown all of the info to.

It's just overall impractical for almost anybody to put so much effort into a Smash Bros photo. I just don't buy that it's fake. There are just too many factors applied that contradict things pointing towards it being fake.

I mean this would by far have to have the best skills I've ever seen. No question. There is just too much attention to detail. Nothing looks out of place, everything is consistent with pictures we've seen so far.

I mean now that I think about it, the leaker would have had to not only find or design models, he would have had to look up every single possible picture to make sure he wasn't contradicting anything already presented. Such as the pic of Link and Olimar in which Olimar's helmet has no outline, or the different weapons being or not being outlined.

It's just too perfect. Not too perfect to be real, but to be fake.
Exactly my thoughts. Now, to all the naysayers out there who doubt the most concrete evidence, impress me.

I want anyone out there who still thinks these pictures are fake to show me undeniable proof for their claim!

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey everyone, Sakurai just posted a new image on miiverse!

Uh oh.
I love how that image was posted so long ago, and yet somehow, it's still so funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom