• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I encourage those certain this is real to always be cautious, because this could very well be an elaborate hoax. Hoaxers will go to great lengths to full people. Remember Survivor2299, the Fallout 4 hoax? The guy behind that invested a thousand dollars into a hoax just to fool people for a month.
If this is fake, they deserve our tears.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I feel like leaks are less believable to us if they don't include Mewtwo, K. Rool, Ridley, Little Mac, or Palutena.
We're pretty biased actually. I'll be honest I try not to believe those ones.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Never really thought about that. The poor dude now probably wants to remove Palutena entirely because the 'surprise' factor is gone.

Not that we saw her coming or anything.
While he cares about surprises, and thus I can't imagine he'd be happy with said leak, I dont think he's that hurt. We just spent 65 pages of forum debating it's authenticity. That's not something that happens if most people are sure of something. But that's just it, even those of us who believe it, wouldn't be that surprised if it turned out to be fake. The surprise isn't gone, and I think Sakurai knows that. People just feel more confident now, but then again people felt confident of Ridley being in Brawl, and we see how well that went.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Cranky Kong Leak? I'm intriuged.
Cranky Kong was leaked to be playable in Tropical Freeze because some Italian retailer accidentally put the final cover of the game on their website a few days before VGX where the official announcement should have been.

I feel like leaks are less believable to us if they don't include Mewtwo, K. Rool, Ridley, Little Mac, or Palutena.
We're pretty biased actually. I'll be honest I try not to believe those ones.
Yeah, I personally despise all leaks that don't include Ridley as a playable character, but the sad part of it is that it can be argued that the dissapointing leaks are more likely to be true. We're not going to get a game where Mewtwo, Little Mac, Palutena, K. Rool and Ridley are all playable, I feel that it's just too much of a pipe dream, and if that was the case we'd probably have seen at least one of them them. We might get three of them, four of them if we're lucky, but I highly doubt we're going to get all six of the most wanted characters (Mega Man included.)

Last edited:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
a dude claimed to talk to chaoszero which he confimred

ridley is stage hazard
no k rool
better online
Except he never said chaoszero in the leak. He very well could have no idea who chaoszero is, but in his attempt to sound legitimate, he described a source who some would think would be him.

Seems pretty preposterous to me.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
The Viridi pic? Well it wasn't a coincidence. There wasn't much KI related pics of the day recently, and showing Viridi, who I knew was gonna be in the stage anyways (via Ch.11 of Uprising), would be pleasing. Besides, it's know that Sakurai likes Viridi a lot, so I know that he'd show us Viridi sooner or later. Honestly, other franchises are lacking much attention in the pics of the day as of late, and Kid Icarus happened to be one of them.
cough*Pokemon*cough

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Except he never said chaoszero in the leak. He very well could have no idea who chaoszero is, but in his attempt to sound legitimate, he described a source who some would think would be him.

Seems pretty preposterous to me.
He does, he was around during the GAMEFAQS pre-brawl boards. For one, he's ancient, and the other thing is that people remember him, but he didn't really do much trolling or otherwise honestly. So no one was inclined not to believe him beyond freaking out because the same to characters a lot of people want aren't playable again, which are pretty likely considering Sakurai never seems to consider them.

Also people claim that a roster leak = killed hyped. THAT'S NOT what causes the hype drop, its the opinion that the roster choices were stupid that kills the hype. The hype would die if they found out the roster at ANY point. The hype would also stay high if it was full of the most an request no matter if it was leaked or not.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wonder what would happen if they leaked an image as convincing as palutena's but with mewtwo, ridley, ad king k rool all in one pic.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Still wondering about the Palutena-leaks camera-wise. The screens looks too well lit considering how much of a pain 3DS screens can be taken a snapshots of, plus the lighting direction and other technical stuff when compared to how the 3DS in those shots was illuminated on like.

Like, remember the Pac-Man-leak? At least it looked reasonably not well-lighted considering the way you can take pictures of 3DS of (unless in very well-lit room...

Groose

Smash Champion
Also people claim that a roster leak = killed hyped.
For years, I played the MMO called Runescape. Every month they'd publish a collection of interesting "letters" from the game's NPCs that would provide a bit more backstory to the game. At the end of many of these "postbags" they'd include a letter from one of the game's most enigmatic characters: the Chaos Elemental. Said letter would be nearly illegible, but it would have a plethora of secrets. Anagrams, first letter of each line, odd names, secret codes and more were included, all pointing to far-off updates. We the players would spend a solid week or two dissecting these letters, and rarely did we understand everything. When we figured something out, we were incredibly hyped for it.

My point? Hype comes from speculation--from putting our minds to the content we are given. Let's relate that concept to Smash. Pre-e3, we were all obsessed over which newcomers would make it--who would be logical to show off at e3? This Palutena leak is also causing hype, mostly because we have to put our minds to use to determine whether it is real or not. The best leaks, the best reveals--they are the ones that set us thinking.

That's my belief, anyway.

splat

Smash Lord
The screens looks too well lit considering how much of a pain 3DS screens can be taken a snapshots of [...]
It's not as bad as you make it out to be:

I was holding my 3DS in one hand, my phone in the other and it's still a relatively clean shot. Do note that I was a bit shaky due to too much coffee.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
So I have a leak guys. I've been holding out on this info for a bit:

I did not meet Sakurai. I don't personally know anyone at Namco or Hal. I had a dream, and my dreams always come true.
I don't know the entire roster but these are the characters you can expect:

Ridley - Yes he's in. Oddly small.
Zoark - Didn't play with him no idea what he's like.
Takamaru - has an alt outfit that's pretty cool. His top has the arms cut off kind of like Ryu or Ken
There was a mole character. Maybe Dillon. Not sure here.

That's it guys. You can look forward to these characters for sure. If I have any more dreams I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
About the PofD not giving much attention to certain franchises, Pikmin hasn't been getting much either. I think the most we've heard is the ship bomb that functions exactly like Olimar's Final Smash, which also makes me question if that'll be changed this time around...

I'm also upset that Olimar doesn't seem to have the Rock and Winged Pikmin with him. I guess they could be used by a second Pikmin rep, but I'm sure the chances of that happening are about as well as trying to force a Bulbear on a diet.

So I have a leak guys. I've been holding out on this info for a bit:

I did not meet Sakurai. I don't personally know anyone at Namco or Hal. I had a dream, and my dreams always come true.
I don't know the entire roster but these are the characters you can expect:

Ridley - Yes he's in. Oddly small.
[bold]Zoark[/bold] - Didn't play with him no idea what he's like.
Takamaru - has an alt outfit that's pretty cool. His top has the arms cut off kind of like Ryu or Ken
There was a [bold]mole[/bold] character. Maybe Dillon. Not sure here.

That's it guys. You can look forward to these characters for sure. If I have any more dreams I'll be sure to let you guys know.
If you're going to make a "leak" at least spell/describe the characters correctly. :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Still wondering about the Palutena-leaks camera-wise. The screens looks too well lit considering how much of a pain 3DS screens can be taken a snapshots of, plus the lighting direction and other technical stuff when compared to how the 3DS in those shots was illuminated on like.
It is possible to produce high quality images from a typical camera.

If you have a camera that can support a resolution of 1080 and you have a well enough lit room, images on the 3DS should be pretty clear.

Here's some pictures I just created right this second, with less optimal lighting to boot.

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
I feel like this needs to be said before people start making points:

Palutena probably hasn't been shown of yet because she isn't quite finished. Let's say she's shown of next week or something: is she has minor differences from her model in the leaked screens, we can't exactly say the leaked screens are fake. We can't determine much of anything about it, really, besides them being fake.

I just wish either A) Sakurai confirmed the leaks as true B) The leaker leaks more screens/information that get future confirmation 3) Sakurai or the leaker state that the leaks were fake.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd hazard a guess most characters aren't "quite finished" but the majority probably are in some showable state, especially the newcomers Sakurai has given priority to including, which could be Palutena.

I'd say it's more a matter of Sakurai wanting to space out big reveals and have them build as we get closer to release.

In any event, once we actually do find out about Palutena, it probably won't be too hard to determine the validity of these leaks.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I feel like this needs to be said before people start making points:

Palutena probably hasn't been shown of yet because she isn't quite finished. Let's say she's shown of next week or something: is she has minor differences from her model in the leaked screens, we can't exactly say the leaked screens are fake. We can't determine much of anything about it, really, besides them being fake.

I just wish either A) Sakurai confirmed the leaks as true B) The leaker leaks more screens/information that get future confirmation 3) Sakurai or the leaker state that the leaks were fake.
Agreed completely. The complaint that her face looks off is probably due to the fact that she WASN'T READY FOR AN OFFICIAL DEBUT YET.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'd wager that making a face takes several months. Come on guys.

When characters are not ready to be revealed it is probably due to moveset purposes and cleaning up that area, not their appearance.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well, if Lady Palutena wasn't ready to be shown to the public, could you not claim all the minor inconsistencies (such as her clipping in the first pic, despite seeing worse before) are because she's not ready yet?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
True, in both cases we ended up arguing about how stupid it was that big characters like Mega Man (especially since they heard the complaints about him been left out the first time) and Crash Bandicoot (Screw you Activision) were left out. Granted it also happened in Brawl (Ridley, Krystal,Bowser Jr. and Krystal spring to mind) but without definitive proof (UMVC's website giving it away/hacking the PSASBR demo) we were too busy looking through the game to be exclusively pissed.
Yeah, but leaving out Ridley in a Nintendo crossover isn't as bad as leaving Megaman out of a Capcom one. If anything Ridley would be on par with Nemesis. Who did eventually get in. Seriously the only Capcom character I truly felt was missing was one of Mega Man's incarnations. For Marvel, well I really wanted Venom and the Green Goblin, it felt weird that Spider-Man was the only character from his series.

Same goes for the entire PlayStation All-Stars roster getting leaked almost half a year before the release. It definitely killed the hype for players.
True enough. But Heihachi and Sir Daniel were cool additions. Sucks that Activision wouldn't simply wouldn't let them use Crash or Spyro.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
SmashBoards has officially become r/fallout. This is Survivor2299 all over again.
Hoaxers do things for the lols, and they'll go far for them, my friends.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
@ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero

Seeing that screenshot of Rolling Western makes me really want to download it. Is it worth it?

SmashBoards has officially become r/fallout. This is Survivor2299 all over again.
Can someone explain this Fallout fake leak?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You believe what you want, I'll believe what I want.

And I believe this leak is real. Too much evidence towards it, too little against it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's not as bad as you make it out to be:

I was holding my 3DS in one hand, my phone in the other and it's still a relatively clean shot. Do note that I was a bit shaky due to too much coffee.
...Jigglypuff? Am I missing something here? :confused:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
...Jigglypuff? Am I missing something here? :confused:
I believe splat just quickly inserted that to make a point. If it was a leak, it wouldn't be very convincing. Unless Jigglypuff was downgraded to Pokeball status after all these years. :laugh:

Staarih

Smash Master
Assuming the leak is true, I think Palutena hasn't been revealed yet because it just hasn't been on the schedule. I think Sakurai has ideas/choices when to reveal characters and Palutena (ready or not) is just waiting for her day to be revealed. It might be next week, it might be months away. I doubt they'll change schedules because of leaks like this, it would just show how hasty they are (or would be).

splat

Smash Lord
I believe splat just quickly inserted that to make a point. If it was a leak, it wouldn't be very convincing. Unless Jigglypuff was downgraded to Pokeball status after all these years. :laugh:
Correct, I wanted to see how difficult it'd be to create a 'new' sky for Battlefield, and added Jigglypuff in for ****s and giggles.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I see. I did notice the lack of an outline around Jigglypuff, but ok.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Can someone explain this Fallout fake leak?
Long story short, a hoaxer spent around a thousand dollars to fool people with a fake site and everyone on r/fallout/ was certain it was real because of all the evidence supporting it, and a month later it turned out to be fake. Yeah, leaked pictures are completely different from a fake promotional site, but it shows the lengths hoaxers will go to just to fool people and get a laugh out of them.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
@ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero

Seeing that screenshot of Rolling Western makes me really want to download it. Is it worth it?
Well, among the varies titles available for the eShop, Dillon's Rolling Western and it's sequel Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger feel more like a typical retail title. It's a type of game that requires memorization of patterns and formation of strategy in order to have the most fun out of it, and if you lack the tolerance for either then these games will frustrate you. But, again, that feeling of protecting your town without a scratch does feel like an accomplishment, and the game rewards you for being very strategic. So if you want a game that rewards you for thinking with your head and handling maintenance, these games will do the job.

Comparing which game is better, the sequel is better due to polishing out the kinks from the first game and expanding on the first game with more content. So I'd recommend playing the first game only if you want to get the full picture, but you can play the sequel fine without getting too alienated plot wise. The main problem with the first game is that it feel kind of archaic, which gives off a sense of feeling clunky. Also the first game lacks left hand support.

Oh, and the final bosses are ****ing evil. Just a warning.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
While the possibility of a person faking this can always be there, as it will be until this is proven real, I really don't believe the idea that this is fake.

The Mario model replicates the Mario in the adventure mode pic we got like a day and a half before the leak occurred. It essentially matched perfectly, and compared to older models of Mario, it looks much more polished, which may simply be done for characters who are further along than others.

The dark lines and effects are consistent with basically every available picture from the Dojo or Facebook page.

The models are original as opposed to other pictures, so that would mean that within the amount of time between the Adventure mode picture and the leak, the leaker would have had to modify a Mario model, create a unique Palutena model, and then compare the two pictures to every single 3DS pic to make sure he/she didn't create any inconsistencies.

I highly doubt that scenario on so many levels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom