• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Light-themed Godesses that use magic.

When did I say ANYTHING about Palutena and Rosalina being similar?
I am arguing Palutena and Zelda.
Zelda is not a goddess last I remembered, but rather a princess (I believe Queen in TP). Palutena is indeed a Goddess, and she wields that staff; Zelda doesn't. Sure, both may wield magic, but I'm sure Palutena will most likely be pure light magic rather than Zelda's other kind of magic (Din's Fire). At the same time, there's chances she could also use that shield of hers too, promoting the fact that Palutena will have her 2 weapons + magic at her disposal rather than Zelda being all-dependent on magic, which is somewhat present in almost if not all her moves.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Zelda is not a goddess last I remembered, but rather a princess (I believe Queen in TP). Palutena is indeed a Goddess, and she wields that staff; Zelda doesn't. Sure, both may wield magic, but I'm sure Palutena will most likely be pure light magic rather than Zelda's other kind of magic (Din's Fire). At the same time, there's chances she could also use that shield of hers too.
Zelda is a reincarnation of the goddess, Hylia.
Don't forget that Palutena could end up using other weapons from uprising as well, could lead to a creative moveset.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
*Clears Throat*
Have we forgotten our friends The Clones? Dr. Mario, Pichu, Ganondorf, Falco Wolf, Toon Link, and Young Link. Its obvious Sakurai finds ways to make each character unique and different, so being similar doesnt always strike a character out.
Clones? wolf

I didn't know having 3 slimmer moves and shareing one makes you a full fledge clone mate

Shroob

Sup?
I looked at all Brawl Vault hacks.

Nothing looks like that, even without the borders, or has that much detail.

This looks all but confirmed guys. It could be fake, but the chances of it are very low.
Never call something too early, lest it blow up in your face.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Never call something too early, lest it blow up in your face.
I remember when I told people that pre-Brawl about the 39 character rumor. That was the one character thing I was wrong on that was super obvious.

Again, I said "all but confirmed", not "for sure". There's always a chance she's an Assist Trophy character, that this is fake, or what have you, but honestly, given the silent treatment this has gotten, it just "feels" like the Ness, Jigglypuff, and Lucario situation all over again.

Lastly, I'm not putting my life on the line here or anything, so what's there to lose by saying one thing or another=???
Now look at this next picture from the official site: look at the hand that Link is holding his sword with. The outline curves around the hand and goes up the sword, making the sword part of the outline. That's how the models are done in the game. The leak was a really solid attempt, but there is no such thing as a perfect crime.
You do realize that Marth's sword doesn't have a outline on the site, right=???

Also, Link's left hip and torso doesn't even have an outline at all, and if it does, it is very small and only covers a small part of the hip and/or torso.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Zelda is a reincarnation of the goddess, Hylia.
Don't forget that Palutena could end up using other weapons from uprising as well, could lead to a creative moveset.
Hm. Well that's something new for me that I've just learned. Palutena still wouldn't be a semi-clone though. She just has a lot of nice possibilities for sure.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
People are seriously trying to argue that Palutena is too much like Zelda since they both use magic?

That's like arguing that Link and Marth are too much alike since they're both swordsman.

Or that Pikachu is too much like Jigglypuff since they're both Pokemon.

Or that Rosalina is too much like Peach since they're both Mario princesses.

The fact that Palutena utilizes a freaking staff and shield should be enough to make her stand out from the rest of the Smash Bros cast.

mike_sandbag

Smash Rookie
Hey, I haven't posted here in years, but I threw this together quickly (forgive the sloppiness).

I was curious about how Palutena's height would compare to Rosalina's so I tried to find a picture that would work to showcase that. It looks as though this Palutena (if she is real) is a bit shorter than Rosalina. I thought some people out there might be interested in this too. I would have assumed that they would be about the same height (both being tall, goddess-like characters).
Palutena Height Comparison.png

Like I said, I know the comparison isn't perfect (my editing skills aren't great) so if anyone wants to, they could make a better one, but I hope this is okay and gets the idea across. Maybe others can glean something from this. :)

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
What makes this leak even better is that I actually just finished beating the story mode of Kid Icarus Uprising only just 2 days ago.

Mind Ranger

Smash Apprentice
I got so hyped when a friend linked me these, just to find out its not confirmed.

Ive been reading around a bit and the argument for it being real is the poses, we've never seen these poses before on Palutena from any game. Meaning that either they were created by some real good photoshopper and image editor or its real. Another counter argument is its for the 3ds, meaning its alot more easier to make a fake on the 3ds due to the lower end graphics.

It looks real enough, the mario pic looks a little more fake but anyone saying this is a confirmation is wrong, because its not.
We'll have to wait for an official announcement.

Oh boy. I havent posted on here in a couple of months and I finally found something interesting enough to get me posting again.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
also I've joined swamp on neoseeker.

If I don't come back tell my family I love them.
Should I tell them about how they savagely ate you alive=???
Getting this kind of praise from a Smashboards legend? Post totally worth it.
Honestly, I thought I was still a Smash Champion!!! :rotfl:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Hey, I haven't posted here in years, but I threw this together quickly (forgive the sloppiness).

I was curious about how Palutena's height would compare to Rosalina's so I tried to find a picture that would work to showcase that. It looks as though this Palutena (if she is real) is a bit shorter than Rosalina. I thought some people out there might be interested in this too. I would have assumed that they would be about the same height (both being tall, goddess-like characters).
View attachment 7072
Like I said, I know the comparison isn't perfect (my editing skills aren't great) so if anyone wants to, they could make a better one, but I hope this is okay and gets the idea across. Maybe others can glean something from this. :)
actualy you seem to have put the palutena pic a bit lower than whats it would be look at marios jenes the zipper area is lower than it should be in comparison to the one in the rosalina pic

Ascended

Smash Ace
Couple things:
1: Spongebob rocks. Don't be hating on them gifs! (Although they were getting a little excessive.)
2: What's wrong with dresses on female characters?
3: Wolf ain't a clone.
4: I'm pretty sure this is a legit leak, which is a pretty big deal considering how tightly Nintendo keeps their projects under wraps. I think the only leak on this caliber in the past was the stickers video leaking playable characters back in the Brawl days, but other than that I don't think there's been full fledged character reveal leaks before. Also, we'll probably have to wait who knows how long to get further confirmation on this from Sakurai.
5: All this Palutena talk is making me want to buy Of Myths and Monsters and play Uprising again.
6: This day will go down in Smash history.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Who else thinks that (another?) completely legitimate leak will occur while this board is freaking out over Palutena's leak?
There will be multiple legit leaks, and I think the ChaosZero rumor and "The Translator" leak are currently the two to look at.

Maybe the Diddy/Dedede with a hint of Dr. Mario leak as well, although we'd need to get that leaker back, which probably won't happen if they're not legit or seriously invested into punking people.

And lastly, the E3 leak (Miis, Little Mac, and Pac-Man, as well as Mega Man, the Villager, and the Wii Fit Trainer), as well as this Palutena picture leak.

I can't think of any other "worth watching" potential legit leaks; anyone else notice any I forgot to mention=???

Shroob

Sup?
Here's another question.

HOW and where did the leaker come from? The pic is from an actual 3ds, but the background is super blurry.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
Well, if this leak is legit, the who ever decided to leak it is probably fine, breaking a nondisclosure agreement only gets you a slap on the wrist, right?

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
There is also that, Nintendo rarely has leaks such as big as this...
Apart from most of Pokemon X & Y of course, and the brawl roster....and the melee roster....

I guess what you mean is the fact that it's a screenshot instead of just walls of text.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
The thing I am looking forward to the most about Palutena, is dem legs.

Btw, it's still crazy hype around here. 0_0 The hype will never end...

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Here's another question.

HOW and where did the leaker come from? The pic is from an actual 3ds, but the background is super blurry.
I'd assume that this person was either touring, working at, or breaking into where the game is being worked at at namco. He/she saw the chance and snatched up a 3ds with a copy of whatever version of smash bros, and snapped a few pics before putting it back. Hence why there aren't many pics and why none of them are that animated.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There is also that, Nintendo rarely has leaks such as big as this...
HAHAHA no.

Pokémon X & Y almost got completely leaked.

Brawl's entire roster was leaked 4 months before release to the public, and privately to Serebii.net's webmaster 2 months before that.

Brawl's entire item database, and all but 1 or 2 stages were leaked 3 or 4 months before release as well. Oh, and the second delay was leaked early on top of that.

The "Year of Luigi" was leaked early, along with NEW Luigi U.

The DKC: Tropical Freeze 4th playable character was leaked a few weeks early. Also, the 2014 delay was leaked early.

Several Namco Bandai games have had leaks revealed early.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
Here's another question.

If legit, someone who's working on the game in some way probably snapped a picture with his phone when nobody was looking, maybe?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord

View attachment 7072
Consider that proportions might not be the same between Wii U and 3DS versions.

mike_sandbag

Smash Rookie
actualy you seem to have put the palutena pic a bit lower than whats it would be look at marios jenes the zipper area is lower than it should be in comparison to the one in the rosalina pic
Hmm perhaps you're right. Like I said, editing images isn't my forte. I was just trying to line up the two Mario hats and go from there. There's probably a better way.

Mind Ranger

Smash Apprentice
Part from most of Pokemon X & Y of course, and the brawl roster....and the melee roster....
Like I said, it rarely happens. Especially with this game where all rumors and "screenshots" have been pretty much fake.

I havent see a real leak (screenshot or game footage) for this game at all. Thats not to say there hasnt been one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom