• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Man, I think the Palutena attention, hype, and anti-hype has topped the Ridley attention, hype, and anti-hype... for now... :smirk:

THE CUNNING GOD OF DEATH SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!!

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
People can't think of an original moveset for Palutena so they assume nobody else can either and that she's a bland character.
Too be honest, I had the exact same way of thinking with Rosalina. I couldn't think of a moveset for her and just assumed she couldn't be made one, but I guess the people making the game are a lot more creative than I. It's for this reason that I am not going to doubt Palutena and the possibility of her having a unique moveset. Just because I can't think of how it can be done, doesn't mean it can't be done.

Mind Ranger

Smash Apprentice
If you can't even remotely grasp what it is I am talking about without jumping to some point where you think I am talking about playstyle, I don't think there is actually any point in me trying to have this conversation with you. It won't go anywhere whatsoever until you get some things figured out.

And either way this isn't the thread for that anyway. This is more about the leak.
You brought it up earlier, why refute it now?

On the subject of "DUR we already have magic users," do I even have to explain why its stupid to argue that?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The series has been rated T for teen since Melee. Upskirts are upskirts. They're girls. They wear skirts. Whoop de doo, I'm sure teenagers are mature enough to handle it.
It's not the dress; it's the fact that her undergarments will be easily view-able thanks to the long slit. Despite the fact that the series is T for teen Nintendo knows that little kids still make up a large portion of their target audience, so they're forced to keep the sexualization to a minimum.

Like I said, short shorts under the dress. It's a common style.

My sister does it all the time, lol. She sometimes asks me for advice on what dress to wear, and she'll put it on (while wearing her short shorts) in front of me.
Short shorts would work. That way they wouldn't have to tamper with her outfit at all.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Palutena not being in, due to gameplay similarities to Zelda, is like Lil Mac not being in, due to gameplay similarities to Mario.
I know you're only poking fun, but I'm sure we all know deep down Palutena will hardly bear any resemblance to Zelda's moveset. At the most, perhaps backwards aerials. Big woop

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Man, I think the Palutena attention, hype, and anti-hype has topped the Ridley attention, hype, and anti-hype... for now... :smirk:

THE CUNNING GOD OF DEATH SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!!
I need a picture of Palutena riding Ridley around like he's her *****. Stat.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mario deconfirming Little Mac is funny.

Mario is essentially Ryu and Luigi is Ken (Haduken and Shoryuken = neutral and up special attacks).

So it would be a legitimate fighting game character getting in over an actual fighter (boxer), lol.
where's your cute little hat, that everyone is jelly about? :troll:
It's a secret to everybody. :smirk:

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
I know you're only poking fun, but I'm sure we all know deep down Palutena will hardly bear any resemblance to Zelda's moveset. At the most, perhaps backwards aerials. Big woop
Yeah, haha, I was actually addressing someone who said she wouldn't be in because she would resemble Zelda, gameplay wise.

Of course, I don't believe that'll be the case.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
WILL YOU PEOPLE QUIET DOWN FOR ONE SECOND?

NOW LOOK....

He's got a good point here.

What do you folks think about it?
Brawl focused on making sure everybody was dulled out so everybody could look like they came from the same game, but this game seems to be different.

You can't tell me you'd really think Link and Pikachu were in this game together if you knew nothing about Smash Bros. Their designs and style seem pretty different to me, it seems more like they're going for characters from their own respective franchises to match more with each other rather than the entire roster matching, making sure everybody has primary color-based color schemes, and whatnot.

Which I think it's better so it seems more like a crossover when characters don't really match visually (I mean Pac-Man in Street Fight x Tekken was amazing because he looked pretty out of place).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Short shorts would work. That way they wouldn't have to tamper with her outfit at all.
Pit wears short shorts too, lol (those are ugly in Brawl). Hopefully if Palutena has those, they are white, and blend in with her outfit better.
I need a picture of Palutena riding Ridley around like he's her *****. Stat.
Dear Sweet, Tiny, Baby Jesus Internet Gods...

...make this a thing!!!! :sadeyes:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman, Little Mac, Miis, Pac-Man, Palutena

We got anywhere from five to eight other character choices left, if we didn't have any cuts.
I would say 3 to 8, although I would love to be wrong (and it be more on the upward end).

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Can't wait for Luigi's nose to be revealed tonight! I'm staying up as a shoulder to cry on when nothing interesting is announced :D I got you guys, don't worry! ;)

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
You know after doing a little digging and some research I actually discovered a lot of interesting stuff regarding the leak and a lot of it seems more then a concidence. Decided to compile all my findings in a video because I am too tired to type this noise out right now.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You can't tell you'd really think Link and Pikachu were in this game together if I knew nothing about Smash Bros. Their overall designs and styles seem pretty different to me, it seems more like they're going for characters from their own respective franchises to match more than the entire roster to match and making sure everybody has primary colors and whatnot.
This makes me wonder...

...why don't we have any Smash 3DS character portraits=??? Why are all the character portraits just for Smash Wii U=???

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
This makes me wonder...

...why don't we have any Smash 3DS character portraits=??? Why are all the character portraits just for Smash Wii U=???
Well it's not like all character promotional material always reflects the actual in-game models.

(Left character model)

...But alternate character portraits for the 3DS version would be cool.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What do you mean?
The character portraits on the Smash Dojo are all from Smash Wii U. None of the characters have alternative Smash 3DS portraits.
...But alternate character portraits for the 3DS version would be cool.
Exactly. I love me some different portraits. Heck, they would help differentiate the two games.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The character portraits on the Smash Dojo are all from Smash Wii U. None of the characters have alternative Smash 3DS portraits.

Exactly. I love me some different portraits. Heck, they would help differentiate the two games.
Would certainly have us see some variety on the rosters people make here visually.

Even if the artwork looks amazing, it gets a little tiresome to see the same Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu everywhere.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
You know after doing a little digging and some research I actually discovered a lot of interesting stuff regarding the leak and a lot of it seems more then a concidence. Decided to compile all my findings in a video because I am too tired to type this noise out right now.

"I can totally see this working out".

Edit: I am dying. help.

This deserves more attention.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Would certainly have us see some variety on the rosters people make here visually.

Even if the artwork looks amazing, it gets a little tiresome to see the same Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu everywhere.
I like seeing Mario's different artwork and appearance each time. The same is true of Link. As for Pikachu, I like seeing it slim down each entry!!! :rotfl:

As for Kirby... well... nothing's really changed!!! :ohwell:

Edit: Sakurai just pulled a troll move!!!!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It'd be hilarious if tomorrow another character leak pops up. I'm not sure what we'd do with ourselves. "AAAHHH!! AHHHH! WHAT'S GOING ON!?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom