• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I can't keep up with 10 new pages every time I come back in here. Any update on this situation since a few hours ago?
Nobody has proved the leak wrong, and there's no proof that it's right yet. So basically nothing has been accomplished

And lots of spongebob gifs for some reason

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I actually want NO Kid Icarus newcomer to be honest.

If Kid Icarus does get a newcomer, I think Palutena would make the most logical choice, but I just think she is unnecessary.
The irony in these sentences is delicious.

Please describe how Zelda and Palutena are too similar in style and discipline that Palutena would bring nothing new to the game.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Sorry, I should have said to some extent. But its almost true. Lucario is almost a copy of Mewtwo.
Suddenly sharing, what, two attacks makes Lucario a clone of Mewtwo?

Ness confirmed for Donkey Kong clone, they share the same neutral aerial and down aerial.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Many characters DO have some similar traits.
But not all characters have abilities that are almost exactly the same.

You could say that there is Marth and Ike and they are different, but that's because they are swordsmen. Swords can be wielded in many different ways. You can't really wield the same type of magic in different ways.

All the newcomers in my personal prediction roster is unique from one another, and it sill seems reasonable.
Rosalina: Goddess Puppet Master with Gravity Magic

Palutena: Goddess with large selection of weapons and Light Magic.

The only thing they share is they are both tall Goddesses.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
*Clears Throat*
Have we forgotten our friends The Clones? Dr. Mario, Pichu, Ganondorf, Falco Wolf, Toon Link, Young Link heck, even Lucario. Its obvious Sakurai finds ways to make each character unique and different, so being similar doesnt always strike a character out.
But all of those clones were either cut, or the fans are asking for new Movesets because they are too similar to the original character.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
So how about that Toon Link, eh? Surprised he made a comeback after Brawl.
I like Toon Link since I massively prefer the toon artstyle, and would rather have Toon Link be normal Link.

Oh and he plays different and stuff.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Lucario only shares the Aura Ball, which functions very similar to Mewtwo's Shadow Ball. Falco and Wolf are bordering on Luigification with their interpretations off of Fox's moveset.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I like Toon Link since I massively prefer the toon artstyle, and would rather have Toon Link be normal Link.

Oh and he plays different and stuff.
Yeah, all clones play differently
Just because they share the same neautral B does not make Lucario a clone. It's like saying that Mewtwo is a clone of Samus :/
Lucario only shares the Aura Ball, which functions very similar to Mewtwo's Shadow Ball. Falco and Wolf are bordering on Luigification with their interpretations off of Fox's moveset.
Yeah, I realized my mistake. I havent played Melee in years, because it got stolen....

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Technically Rosalina was not classified as a Goddess, but rather "Mother of the Cosmos", while Palutena is obviously the "Goddess of Light".

I'll stay around here a bit more, because this is actually a conversation that I like.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Well, Im out. Night time. Ill be awake in 2 hours to see the Pic of the Day, but thatll be on my 3DS, so sadly, not on SmashBoards

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Toon link fills the "mini link" role that young link left behind while also representing the wind waker line of games and being the most unique looking zelda rep. I don't see him going anywhere until a new "mini link" comes along.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Did someone just inlcude Wolf in a list of clones?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The irony in these sentences is delicious.

Please describe how Zelda and Palutena are too similar in style and discipline that Palutena would bring nothing new to the game.
Light-themed Godesses that use magic.

Rosalina: Goddess Puppet Master with Gravity Magic

Palutena: Goddess with large selection of weapons and Light Magic.

The only thing they share is they are both tall Goddesses.
When did I say ANYTHING about Palutena and Rosalina being similar?
I am arguing Palutena and Zelda.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I'll return shortly before 2 AM here. This discussion is becoming too repetitive and debates dead horse oppositions.

Shall do something productive in the meantime. Savor schadenfreude at terrible fanfics, shower, continue work on my own fanfic.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
Don't most schools try to teach kids a second language nowdays?

You should know a least a bit of it by now.
That probably depends where he lives, and even if they teach him a second language it might not be spanish. Where I live the second language taught in english schools is french...I also don't know spanish, so I have no idea what that mega bidoof said lol

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Toon Link has completely different stats.
Toon is shorter and faster than Link.
When I say two chracters are too similar, I mean that they also have the same size, speed, power, etc...

Palutena and Zelda are the same size and everything, and that makes them even more similar.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
That probably depends where he lives, and even if they teach him a second language it might not be spanish. Where I live the second language taught in english schools is french...I also don't know spanish, so I have no idea what that mega bidoof said lol
Yeah in my highschool we get the choice between Spanish,French and Latin.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Light-themed Godesses that use magic.
Palutena is a goddess of light that mends light into different projectiles and beams who also uses a staff and mirror shield.
Zelda is an elfin medieval princess who uses spells granted to her by three goddesses who she is the incarnation from a zeitgeist.

See how different and unique each sound? Learn2describe.

Anyways, I'm out!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There's always the off chance that Nintendo "accidentally" leaked this to build hype, especially with a recent report (I think it was from Famitsu) earlier this week that when it came to upcoming games the Japanese were looking forward to, Smash Bros wasn't even in the top 10. Definitely a stretch but it would have been an incredibly smart move on Nintendo's part given how quickly this all went viral.
Nintendo also accidentally revealed Lucario, Jigglypuff, and most of all Ness in Brawl in that sticker video with their character icons showing, lol!
You know what this reminds me of? The TRUE leaked screenshots of the sticker pags in Subspace Emmisary during Brawl development where Ness, Jigglypuff, and Lucario's stock icons blatantly confirmed them. Whether or not they were posted on the Dojo need not apply.

Yep, people are nitpicking the **** out of these photos because there's too much evidence against this being a dud.
Yeah, people didn't believe that. Some person on I think GameFAQs were so crazy, they didn't believe the photos or videos of Wolf being playable until like February, lol.

Edit: Still 10 pages behind.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Don't most schools try to teach kids a second language nowdays?

You should know a least a bit of it by now.
To be fair, I used Google Translate on every Spanish thing I said.

I have Spanish class in my school, but it isn't very good.
I just learned some "ir" verbs :p.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
I just don't understand the hate for Miis. Casuals make up a pretty good portion of the Smash Bros. fanbase. They'd eat the Miis up. Wii Fit Trainer and Villager are definitely a step in the right direction for the series.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
I guess I missed the bulk of the discussion, but I wanted to weigh in on why this is Palutena leak is fake.

I couldn't get a larger picture, but if you look at Palutena's hand, it has a black outline around the thumb, and that outline goes through the staff. Being consistent with the other models in the game, the outline should just meld her hand and the "prop" (her staff) together. Maybe that wasn't worded too well, but compare it with this 3DS shot of Link that I will reply to this post with.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Well everyone, I am going to bed.

I shall see you all in Valhala!
And we shall drink the nectar of the gods, and shall see Smash Bros updates, everyday, until the end of time!

andalsoandy

Smash Lord

I'm the only one that seems to like and will welcome Mii here...

Now back to reading the 10 pages I've missed since karate!
I'd only like Mii if he was customizable in appearance (which is definitely the case if he's in the game.)

So yeah, I like him.

But yeah, Mii supporters here are severely outnumbered. I didn't wanna argue with those posts though (there were too many arguments going on at once.)

I'm going to sleep.

Hope we get clarification on Palutena tomorrow, whether or not it comes from the leaker.

Sakurai most likely won't acknowledge it though.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
I guess I missed the bulk of the discussion, but I wanted to weigh in on why this is Palutena leak is fake.

I couldn't get a larger picture, but if you look at Palutena's hand, it has a black outline around the thumb, and that outline goes through the staff. Being consistent with the other models in the game, the outline should just meld her hand and the "prop" (her staff) together. Maybe that wasn't worded too well, but compare it with this 3DS shot of Link that I will reply to this post with.
To be fair, that part of her staff is pretty dark and hard to tell if the outline is really there at all.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman

Now look at this next picture from the official site: look at the hand that Link is holding his sword with. The outline curves around the hand and goes up the sword, making the sword part of the outline. That's how the models are done in the game. The leak was a really solid attempt, but there is no such thing as a perfect crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom