• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This leak is so thorough in its details! I mean, look at the outline on the top of Lady Palutena's head! It even turns green there!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Regarding the mention of the leak involving WFT, at least part of that one leak is true. There is no way in all of hell Wii Fit Trainer could have been predicted, and let's not forget the leaker mentioned she was to be revealed at E3, and stated Mega Man, Pac-man, Mii, Animal Crossing Guy, and Little Mac would all be revealed at E3 as well, three of them indeed being revealed at E3.

There are a number of reasons we didn't see Pac-man, Little Mac or the Mii at E3 (including that they possibly aren't in the game, though I'd be shocked if Mac isn't) but the leaker is at least partially credible.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Lo sentimos falta de esclarecimiento. Por pequeñas incoherencias, me refiero a las pequeñas cosas que todo el mundo está señalando, al igual que el color de nubes, que la luz azul no va más allá de su cabeza, y cosas por el estilo.
En cuanto a su ser una asistencia, siento que Sakurai está buscando a los recién llegados muy singular para el juego. Palutena realmente no encaja ese proyecto de ley, y es similar a Zelda (magia usando Diosa). Si ella no hace el corte como un recién llegado, que sin duda será una asistencia, ya que es la mejor cosa siguiente.
Little inconsistencies seem to happen a lot, dont you think? Some mismatched color, or one tiny detail isnt enough to prove this false. The only reason this is being seen as false is because its an unconfirmed leak. Also, why would she show up as an AT? It would make much more sense if she was her own playable character, and shes got a lot of things in her favor.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Man, more than 30 pages in a day? This is a big day for the leaks. Whether this is true or false, I think this is the kind of leak we all expected. I can't really see any inconsistences in the picture so who knows this might be a truthful one.
If this turns out to be true I would become more interested on who is this leaker and how he got his hands on this.
The fact that this leak seems the most legit and spread quickly enough to be covered from Smashboards to YouTube to the gaming press to Miiverse to NeoGAF and beyond is what amazes me. I felt like I witnessed Smash history with the hype storm earlier.

Ah, it's quiet now. Feels like discussion can move more fluidly now.

Orpheus2

Smash Cadet
The fact that this leak seems the most legit and spread quickly enough to be covered from Smashboards to YouTube to the gaming press to Miiverse to NeoGAF and beyond is what amazes me. I felt like I witnessed Smash history with the hype storm earlier.
I know what you mean... it feels like the world is getting this information..

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Lo sentimos falta de esclarecimiento. Por pequeñas incoherencias, me refiero a las pequeñas cosas que todo el mundo está señalando, al igual que el color de nubes, que la luz azul no va más allá de su cabeza, y cosas por el estilo.
En cuanto a su ser una asistencia, siento que Sakurai está buscando a los recién llegados muy singular para el juego. Palutena realmente no encaja ese proyecto de ley, y es similar a Zelda (magia usando Diosa). Si ella no hace el corte como un recién llegado, que sin duda será una asistencia, ya que es la mejor cosa siguiente.
Dangit Bidoof, I'm tired, I don't feel like translating without Google Translate.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Mega Bidoof's post:

This lack of clarification. For small inconsistencies, I mean the little things that everyone is pointing out, like the color of clouds, the blue light does not go past your head, and so on.
As for his being an assist, feel Sakurai is looking for newcomers to the game very unique. Palutena does not really fit that bill, and is similar to Zelda (magic using Goddess). If she does not make the cut as a newcomer, you will certainly be in attendance, as it is the next best thing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Let's stick to English @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof .

Ah, it's quiet now. Feels like discussion can move more fluidly now.
Well at least this attention is deserved, the leak is either real or very well done. That's more than can be said about some leaks that have previously made the rounds.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Little inconsistencies seem to happen a lot, dont you think? Some mismatched color, or one tiny detail isnt enough to prove this false. The only reason this is being seen as false is because its an unconfirmed leak. Also, why would she show up as an AT? It would make much more sense if she was her own playable character, and shes got a lot of things in her favor.
Además de ser un personaje importante en Kid Icarus Uprising, ¿qué hace ella realmente tiene a su favor sobre los otros recién llegados Kid Icarus, u otros recién llegados en general.
En los 4 a los recién llegados que tenemos hasta el momento, Sakurai ha demostrado que está en busca de personajes que traen algo bastante nuevo en la mesa, y Palutena realmente no hace eso. Ella usa la magia la luz, ¿y qué?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
MegaBidoof really needs to practice writing in Spanish. That was painful to read.

anyone else feel we might not get confirmation on this for a while? I mean, I remember a bunch of people in Ridley's thread when Pyrosphere got revealed, staying up for hours waiting on some sort of confirmation ... That was about five months ago and still nothing. There's a chance Palutena fans are about to face that.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Además de ser un personaje importante en Kid Icarus Uprising, ¿qué hace ella realmente tiene a su favor sobre los otros recién llegados Kid Icarus, u otros recién llegados en general.
En los 4 a los recién llegados que tenemos hasta el momento, Sakurai ha demostrado que está en busca de personajes que traen algo bastante nuevo en la mesa, y Palutena realmente no hace eso. Ella usa la magia la luz, ¿y qué?
Well, yes, Sakurai wants characters who bring something new to the table, but, despite the fact she uses magic, I believe Lady Palutena is more than capable of doing so.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
And every other character doesnt have a similar trait to another character?

Orpheus2

Smash Cadet
Please use English! you were speaking it before and not everyone can understand you. cmon!

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Besides, she is also a wielder of Weapons. She has used the Tiger Claws before, and Im sure Sakurai could implement that into her moveset, making her different from Zelda

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Technically speaking, a generic human-esque character can at least use generic punches and kicks, so in a sense yes.
Exactly. There are many fist-fighters, swordsmen, and magic wielders, as well as the Projectile people.Then there are gadget type characters.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If they wanted to hype up Japan by leaking something wouldn't they leak someone heavily requested over there? Or is she a major want over there?

What about people like Shulk or Takamaru? One of them is most assuredly in the game. And would be more apt for hyping Japan you'd think.
Not necessarily. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Paluntena's probably one of the most all around wanted characters by both casual and hard core fans around the world. She may not be the most popular altogether but, globally speaking, she is on a good number of people's wish lists. Aside from Mewtwo, she hits the middle ground better than a vast majority of characters.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Let's stick to English @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof .

Well at least this attention is deserved, the leak is either real or very well done. That's more than can be said about some leaks that have previously made the rounds.
Sorry. When I feel really into a discussion, I tend to use my native language.

Haha, what? No you took that in a completely different direction. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wet your whistle
I also feel you think it's fake because you really want Palutena in and don't want to be disappointed. Let it go! and join us!
To be honest, I feel that Palutena isn't really a bad choice, but many other newcomers can be more unique and are more deserving, which is why she isn't on my personal roster.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Dude neon just told you to stop.

Your not seriously saying that palutena can't bring anything new..... she can use the various weapons from uprising, or have her moveset be based around her boss battle, or take a page from namco and maybe use that shield to bash some heads. the point is, don't doubt the dev team, they can be pretty damn creative with any character really. Palutena is popular, is well known, and can be unique, she fits the bill quite nicely methinks.

Zelda can't do what she can, and certainly rosalina isn't a palutena, rosalina is a puppet type character. You just want medusa or something.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Saying that Palutena would not feel any different from Zelda because their movesets are applications of magic is like saying Link and Marth are not different from one another because the wield swords.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Sorry. When I feel really into a discussion, I tend to use my native language.

To be honest, I feel that Palutena isn't really a bad choice, but many other newcomers can be more unique and are more deserving, which is why she isn't on my personal roster.

Your not seriously saying that palutena can't bring anything new..... she can use the various weapons from uprising, or have her moveset be based around her boss battle, or take a page from namco and maybe use that shield to bash some heads.

Zelda can't do what she can, and certainly rosalina isn't a palutena, rosalina is a puppet type character. You just want medusa or something.
^^This guy brought the words out of my mouth and onto the table ^^

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I can't keep up with 10 new pages every time I come back in here. Any update on this situation since a few hours ago?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
And every other character doesnt have a similar trait to another character?
Many characters DO have some similar traits.
But not all characters have abilities that are almost exactly the same.

You could say that there is Marth and Ike and they are different, but that's because they are swordsmen. Swords can be wielded in many different ways. You can't really wield the same type of magic in different ways.

All the newcomers in my personal prediction roster is unique from one another, and it sill seems reasonable.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Many characters DO have some similar traits.
But not all characters have abilities that are almost exactly the same.

You could say that there is Marth and Ike and they are different, but that's because they are swordsmen. Swords can be wielded in many different ways. You can't really wield the same type of magic in different ways.

All the newcomers in my personal prediction roster is unique from one another, and it sill seems reasonable.
*Clears Throat*
Have we forgotten our friends The Clones? Dr. Mario, Pichu, Ganondorf, Falco Wolf, Toon Link, and Young Link. Its obvious Sakurai finds ways to make each character unique and different, so being similar doesnt always strike a character out.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Your not seriously saying that palutena can't bring anything new..... she can use the various weapons from uprising, or have her moveset be based around her boss battle, or take a page from namco and maybe use that shield to bash some heads. the point is, don't doubt the dev team, they can be pretty damn creative with any character really. Palutena is popular, is well known, and can be unique, she fits the bill quite nicely methinks.

I actually want NO Kid Icarus newcomer to be honest.

If Kid Icarus does get a newcomer, I think Palutena would make the most logical choice, but I just think she is unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom