• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Strong Bad, you're completely out of the way. Find a way to Springfield.

Where the hell is the thread for this tournament anyway?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
when & where is this tourney? LOL hook me up with the details, might be able to find a way to springfield

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I only just now looked at the FC results. Axe got third? Chad got 9th? Two Pikachus in the top 16. This either means that there are going to be more Pikachu mains, or people are going to actually learn the match-up and all Pikachu players are doomed.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Actually, Ganondorf is my secondary guise.
This man knows what's up.

I really wanna play S2J! There was a time that I felt really good about the CF matchup, but right now I don't think I'd do too hot vs that Falcon...

Zantetsu

Smash Master
You didn't do all the work for me. If you want it updated sooner than me, because I'll probably take a while, then you can quote the entire first post, make the changes necessary, and then send me a message with the changes. Then, I'll just copy and paste it on the front page.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I know this. By the way, you're better with words than I, so take Terral's original format that he had remade that I never bothered to change the front page to (located here.) and use that format, but change the intro up to something better if you don't mind.

Terry

Smash Ace
EDIT.

I'm thinking I'll play at Raichus house at around 11-12 and then you, Roman, can give us a ride to your place when you're ready.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Who the **** is Raichu? Is that supposed to be Wretched? I mean, I can kind of see how their names sound similar.. but that obviously doesn't work very well.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Roman, the reason he called him Raichu is because the way my kids pronounce Wretched sounds like Raichu. Us three used to play a lot at my house so they got used to that.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
It makes much more sense now.

Who's coming over tomorrow and who should I be picking up? I plan on going to the DAV Thrift Store to pick up a CRT on my way back since my TV blew. Hopefully I can get a nice sized one.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I'm planning on being there sometime between 1 and 2. My game got delayed a bit due to Ludum Dare and Guild Wars 2's release happening on the same weekend, so we won't be play testing that as soon as I had hoped.

Prisoner 24601

Smash Rookie
New to Springfield

tl;dr
I think I'm pretty good Brawler, but don't have anyone to play against. I wanna join if this thing is still up. My username is PEAR and I prefer green Kirby. I've had this profile for a while but never got on till now.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
tl;dr
I think I'm pretty good Brawler, but don't have anyone to play against. I wanna join if this thing is still up. My username is PEAR and I prefer green Kirby. I've had this profile for a while but never got on till now.
Always nice to see new smashers. Most of our community that is active are Melee players, but if you send a PM to Terral he can get you hooked up with some Brawl action.

Also if you ever want to try some Melee, we are active and competitive, so just let us know :)

Prisoner 24601

Smash Rookie
Always nice to see new smashers. Most of our community that is active are Melee players, but if you send a PM to Terral he can get you hooked up with some Brawl action.

Also if you ever want to try some Melee, we are active and competitive, so just let us know :)
I'm also good (or was) with melee. I haven't played in a while (brother sold it) but Ive been Playing smash since the 64. Certainly not new. and I definately will thanks :bee:

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Yeah then if you ever wanna play some Melee (or 64 or P:M) you can hit me up.
I'm a little nervous though since your tag here is Prisoner. We might have to arrange our first meeting in a public place...like a police station. Never can be too careful :)

Prisoner 24601

Smash Rookie
Yeah then if you ever wanna play some Melee (or 64 or P:M) you can hit me up.
I'm a little nervous though since your tag here is Prisoner. We might have to arrange our first meeting in a public place...like a police station. Never can be too careful :)
That comes from the play ''les miserables''. it was the number given to Jean val Jean. never went to prison. I'm new here so make the meeting place easy to get to. my gf also plays but only brawl.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Michael, I have a question.

Let's say that in the next year or so I was to get a house and have an active spot to host smash fests/tourneys here in central Arkansas. Would you, being a family man with a wife and kids, ever be able to come down on a weekend where you didn't have to work and play/hang? Even if like I had room for your wife and kids too?

I wanna get Missouri down here more often, because honestly, you guys don't try to drive back to church and can kinda chill while I have to drive like a madman back on Saturday so I can sleep about 2 hours before church.

Smashallday

Smash Rookie
I think I will be in Springfield sometime tomorrow cuz I have to get a few things for my new school from msu. I'm gonna bring my sticks but I'm wondering who would be able to game. I'm guessing that I will be done with my stuff around 2 or 3. I have to drive back to AR that night but could easily play until like 9 or so. Let me know

Zantetsu

Smash Master
So.. is there going to be two new smashers on Tuesday? I need to figure out who all is showing up tomorrow because all I know is that Michael isn't going to show up, Wretched is, and everyone else is situational.

Does anyone wanna play brawl? ill play melee too

edit: I also play penny poker if anyone is interested
The only person I can see playing brawl with you is Terral. It's nothing against you, we just hate the game. Hell, many of us won't even touch it, and you'll probably hear an anti-brawl joke from us every hour or so. They kind of just happen and I hope nobody takes offense to them.

I wanna get Missouri down here more often, because honestly, you guys don't try to drive back to church and can kinda chill while I have to drive like a madman back on Saturday so I can sleep about 2 hours before church.
I don't quite understand this statement, perhaps you could clarify? From what it sounds like, you are claiming we leave earlier than others when the traveling players stay until the very last moment. If that's what you're saying, well.. I have no rebuttals on my side. However, I now live on my own in Springfield and I can safely say that you won't see me leaving any earlier than anybody else from now on. Especially since I'm learning a new character and having the most fun I have had with this game in a long time.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I think he is saying that we don't go to Arkansas yet Arkansas comes here. He is also saying that when they do come, they stay the night at a church out of necessity and are then deprived of sleep.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
As for the second part, I think it's more like he has to go back the night of the tourney for church in the morning, depriving him of sleep. On the flip side, I don't think you guys attend church so you wouldn't have that concern if traveling to us. You could leave at your leisure on Sunday.

les mis so good

Prisoner 24601

Smash Rookie
The only person I can see playing brawl with you is Terral. It's nothing against you, we just hate the game. Hell, many of us won't even touch it, and you'll probably hear an anti-brawl joke from us every hour or so. They kind of just happen and I hope nobody takes offense to them.
what is the age group, ill feel awkward if im the only one in their twenties

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
G. Vice means that when he comes to Springfield, he has to get back to Arkansas ASAP before church on Sunday. He's saying that if we came there, since we are not church-goers, we wouldn't have to leave to early just to be back by a certain time on Sunday for something. I do however, work Sundays. Although I'm fine with getting minimal sleep. Also, if we get a lot of advance notice, I can put in a request to go in late on the Sunday after the tourney. So G. Vice, yeah we'd probably make it if you did a tourney/smashfest.

Prison, I am the oldest in our group at 26. We range in age from 16-26 though. Many of us are in our 20s.

Arby: Smash more plz. I <3 you.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I don't think we have anybody who is 16. Actually, I think me and Wretched are the youngest at 18.

Also, holy ****. G. Vice's post makes so much more sense now.

Top Bottom