• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I hope to be able to go, but I'd hate to think that I wouldn't get to see you guys before FC though.

Let's plan something where we'll all be free, and get an Arkansas/Missouri smash fest lined out. Hours and hours of smashing, that way everyone will be able to benefit from the unique characters and style of everyone in the other state.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I hope to be able to go, but I'd hate to think that I wouldn't get to see you guys before FC though.

Let's plan something where we'll all be free, and get an Arkansas/Missouri smash fest lined out. Hours and hours of smashing, that way everyone will be able to benefit from the unique characters and style of everyone in the other state.
There's a chance we could arrange a sleepover at the church again if you guys would be down. We could all play all day, sleep at the church, then play again the next day. I'm sure I could get people outside of Springfield to come. It would be excellent FC practice.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Everyone in this community owes it to themselves to experience a Smash national. Nothing else like it in the world.

Apex was probably the worst national ever and it was still worth the trip. FC now... it'll be the stuff of legend.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
There's a chance we could arrange a sleepover at the church again if you guys would be down. We could all play all day, sleep at the church, then play again the next day. I'm sure I could get people outside of Springfield to come. It would be excellent FC practice.
Seriously, this needs to happen. That church was so awesome...It's the best venue that I've been at in my limited travel for smash.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
G.Vice let's plan it out then. I do work Saturdays and Sundays now though. The best days would probably be Thursday and Friday for me. What works for Arkansas?

:phone:

G. Vice

Smash Lord
G.Vice let's plan it out then. I do work Saturdays and Sundays now though. The best days would probably be Thursday and Friday for me. What works for Arkansas?

Let's definitely plan it out then. I have absolutely nothing Sunday night all the way til wednesday night for church, and if I find a church that I can attend close to you guys (just for an hour for bible study) then I'm free all the way to thursday night.

I start preceptor from April 5th to May 6th where I have to be able to work at least eight 12 hour shifts at night on either Thursday, Friday, or Sunday. If you guys can plan something that doesn't conflict too terribly bad, I can actually work around it and schedule enough work on the other days I have available.

I also will be graduating on May 19th, so I"m not exactly sure when I'll start working (although it's hopefully asap) and there's still several months between May and August that we surely could get together.

If you guys would be able to come down like on a Monday we'll have housing for you I'm sure. Although Ziv, you being married throws a wrench in that lol.

A perfect scenario would be this: We come down on a monday and smash. Crash. smash on tuesday, then head back that night. As long as we get probably more than 24 hours in the state together we'll get our smash fix. Something like that. And for the guys who are in school, they can come play in between or after classes. We'll never be able to find everyone's 100 percent down time, because it won't happen.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
We used to play once a week. Now that I work Saturdays and Sundays, we're lucky to get that. Thursdays are our new playing days and today it was just me and Terry. When Roman moves here in May we will play more often.

VTS, Pathways is this Saturday but I wouldn't recommend making the drive. It's going to be a very small turnout and I won't be there until 5:30pm.

EDIT: G.Vice, your plan works perfectly for me because I'm off Tuesdays. So if you guys came and got here after 5pm on a Monday, I'd be able to smash with you (and Terrence too). The only problem is I doubt we could get Roman (zantetsu). Wretched would be able to play a little, I'm sure. Nathan would probably be down but he's a scrub. Terral is flakier than Nathan's dandruff so it'd be hard to count on him. I think it would be great, but we should plan a couple weeks ahead on it so I can make sure we get as many smashers as possible. Also I could talk to Cookiemonsta (he's getting really good too) and King Siegfried (also good) and they might be interested in coming the same time you guys do. All in all it sounds like a plan.

I could probably make a trip to Arkansas, but it'd have to be with advance notice as well. I'm sure Terrence would come with me. For that, we'd have to leave town on a Wednesday night and get there and smash until friday morning and then we'd head back. If we waited until May for that, Wretched and Roman would also come.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Of course it'll be a small turnout if you keep telling people not to come -_-

Arkansas people I only met you once in October but you all seemed awesome so I hope you can make it to this :)

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
You can count on me joining in if Arkansas comes here as long as I'm not actually at work. If we plan enough in advance I'll even ask off. I won't be able to travel there, though.

Also: what date for April's Smashfest? 21st good for everyone?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
You can count on me joining in if Arkansas comes here as long as I'm not actually at work. If we plan enough in advance I'll even ask off. I won't be able to travel there, though.

Also: what date for April's Smashfest? 21st good for everyone?
Terral, any chance the church would let us do a sleep over in the basement again? They let us for MIST. This would be a much smaller crowd. You should be the one to ask since you talk with them more. But don't ask until we get a little more of an idea to when this could happen.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
The stream was bad but apparently the tournament was fine.
Nope nope, terrible all around. They tried, but they couldn't pull it off.

Pools was a disaster, bracket was a downright travesty, scheduling was whack, use of setups made no sense whatsoever, etc. etc. And we didn't even get a hype finals to take the sting off. In fact, the entire bracket was hypeless except like hax vs sfat (both playing bad), kk vs hbox (OK this was cool), and javi (which honestly made me kinda sick because I knew what eliminating PP meant for finals).

Looking forward to this brofest :)

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Alright, how about the 28th?

Also I have no idea about the church doing a sleepover, because I'm pretty sure that MIST was before Robbie's dad had really left. I can ask when we know more about when it'll happen, though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
apex was a bad tournament.
i'll see about attending one of these things if AR shows up. need practice for FC

Zantetsu

Smash Master
28th would probably be the best, but don't change the date because of me. I think Karl is trying to decide between the 28th and the weekend before the 21st for the Rolla tournament which I'm probably going to so I would talk to him.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
The bad news is that for FC, I would have to take 4 days off work. A Tuesday is mixed in there and I already get those off. So with me taking four days off, and having 10 hour shifts, that's 40 hours of prepaid time off (at tmobile you can't have a day off unless they can pay you for it). I get 6 hours of prepaid time off per two week period and I currently only have 8, four of which are going bye bye Sunday so I can stay later at Pathways. What that means is that if you do the math, I only have 14 hours to spare and remember ONE DAY is 10. Which means I will literally not be able to go to a single other tournament (other than Pathways) before FC :(

This is why it's so important for us to get something going on weekdays. I'd hate to make it to FC and be out of practice. May couldn't come sooner. Roman I can't wait until you move here. I swear when realignment comes again in September, Zeus himself couldn't make me work Saturdays again.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Don't forget triwingbro. I'm bringing an old GCN controller to scrap for parts, too.
I might get there early for practice, I haven't played since that time I met with you guys and haven't played before that since Pathways.

Hanabro

Smash Rookie
Introduction time!

Hanabro
http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=209716
Both (Only occasionally on Melee)
Carthage*, MO
Brawl: Ike, Falco, Donkey Kong
Melee: Falco

*For those who don't know, Carthage is about 70 minutes south of Springfield, and roughly 11 miles from Joplin.

Longtime Smasher, first time tourney-goer. Not sure how often I can do stuff, but I hope to be able to play as much as I can. I'm mainly a Brawl guy, but I'll play Melee if it's the disc that's spinning. Looking forward to a lot of fun, and hopefully some wins.

N00b question: What is this "FC" thing everyone refers to?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Melee FC is a legendary tournament series famous for hosting the best national tournaments around. It is returning this year after a five year hiatus, and will feature both Brawl and Melee this year. It will be in South Bend, Indiana. This is the thread for it:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320283

Well welcome to the area. We have tournaments once a mo.th for both Brawl and Melee at the same time. We refer to them as "Pathways." Our Brawl scene is very casual so I'm sure you'll have no problem getting those wins. Our Melee scene, while lazy, is competitive and will be sending a carload to FC to make our mark. We play at least once a week. We will also try to convert you to Melee only, or at least primarily Melee. If you're a competitive person, you'll switch lol.

That's right, I called you guys lazy....

Hanabro

Smash Rookie
My problem with Melee is that playing Brawl as much as I do causes me to be too slow to keep up lol. But I do like winning, so I'm sure I'll convert at least partially at some point.

Dang... That's one heck of a tournament. Is a crew required at FC, or can singles enter? (Basically wondering if I can go with a Melee crew and also attend Brawl singles)

Top Bottom