• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spore

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Oh crap, my laptop charger broke! And Spore comes out tommorrow!

We ordered a new one on Monday, hopefully it should be here by today.

Please be here by today, I can't believe I have to use the school computer to write this. :(

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh yes, it's good. :D

The pre-space stages felt a bit short, but that's probably because I'm playing through on easy first. Just at the space stage, looks **** promising.

Wish there was some way to show off the history of a species, love how my guy evolved from microbe to 'man'

M.K

Level 55
IGN Australia: 9.2
IGN America: 8.8

And why the FUUCK would they get a man who HATES building things to review Spore -.- Dumb.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
I thought it would be out on Sunday as well (which would be dumb cuz stores aren't open on Sundays), but some Gamestop guy notified me that the game I'd preordered was ready for me to pick up on Thursday, so w/e. I'm not complaining!

**** I love this game. Creatures phase is the shizzle, haven't gotten to space yet. **** school.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Ooph, I got it working yesterday, I just forgot to come back here cause I was too busy playing it.

Anyway, incase anyone was wondering, you get to choose and name your own planet. Oh and you can get visited by spaceships in creature and tribal stage. Also there's so much editors:

Early Game Creature Editor
Creature Editor
Tribal Creature Editor
Civilisation Creature Editor
Space Creature Editor

Those 4 different types of building editors, and the 9 different types of vehicle editors, and spaceship editor. Also there's a music one but you only get to do that in Civ mode from what I've seen. Cell Stage, Creature Stage and Space Stage are the best parts really, Tribal and Civ stages are just like simple RTS's. They're still hard though, I'm doing it on normal and I died 4 times in Cell Stage and 3 times in Civ Stage.

Also Epic Creatures are insane, I've only seen 3 so far. 1 in tribal stage, and 2 in civ. Destroyed 8 of my tanks before it died. Oh and what you do in earlier stages effects your next stage. Seeing as though the only button I seemed to be able to press in tribe stage was kill,kill,kill, I became a military power in civ stage.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Gamestops normally release their pre-orders early. If you are friends with someone there, you can get it. I pre-loaded mine from EA.com, so I have like 20ish hours left...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I didn't pre-order :(

Hopefully I'll still be able to pick it up tomorrow when Gamestop opens.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Blarg. The gamestop near me didn't do a midnight release, so I'll just have to run to target tomorrow and grab it.

Oh well, at least it's out now!

Wooooooo

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I have a pre-order (managed to scrounge up enough cash for this AND Kirby) so, I'm getting to GameStop thirty minutes before it opens, in case of a line.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Also Epic Creatures are insane, I've only seen 3 so far. 1 in tribal stage, and 2 in civ. Destroyed 8 of my tanks before it died. Oh and what you do in earlier stages effects your next stage. Seeing as though the only button I seemed to be able to press in tribe stage was kill,kill,kill, I became a military power in civ stage.
I ran into one on my main planet during the space stage. Jerk killed my spaceship.

D

Deleted member

I might be picking this game up at Best Buy today.

FINALLY, I get my hands on it!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
3 hours until the Pre-loaders get it. I expect to miss none of you today. I'm really looking forward to this game.

D

Deleted member

I've already had my first migration.

So far, so awesome! :)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I am moving my desktop and restarting. My laptop can't handle it at top quality (I have a Laptop Geforce card), but I am really pleased.

The cell stage was actually a lot better than I thought it'd be, and the creature stage is a lot more fun than I would have imagined. So far, very pleased. How do we create a buddy list?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Alright. So I just got done playing up to the tribal stage (just started that). Pretty good game so far. It's exceeded my high expectations, which is rare for any game.

Controls are good, it's only funny when it tries to be, and it's just a fun game overall.

And yeah. How do we create a buddy list?

D

Deleted member

Problem is, I can't log on without my mom's password, which is real bummer.:(

At least I'm up to the Tribal Phase! :D

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Spore name is SkylerOcon. I'm so original!

And what editor do you guys like the most? I like the building editor, myself.

M.K

Level 55
The Tribal Phase is so hard! D: Did you guys use the Flaming Spears? I shouldn't have picked those without reading the description....I just assumed they were better!

D: I didn't save, so I'm back to the start....of Tribal Phase...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
HOW DO YOU KILL EPICS?!?!?!

I came close, until landed. I think I got it down to around 700.

D

Deleted member

LOL, there's an epic on the path to the Cyan Village. Or at least, there was. No, I didn't kill it. I just decided to attack the Pink Village too early, I got massacred, and I had to start over from before I made an alliance with the Brown Village. I tried spawning a newborn, but a scavenger came by right after I pressed the button. T-T

EDIT: 1m 1337

M.K

Level 55
I killed the Pink Village.
Exterminated the Green Village.
Befriended the Cyan Village.
Destroyed the Lavender Village.
And then got OBLITERATED by the Orange Village.....how do you unlock throwing spears?
What is a good strategy for defeating the tribes?

My Spore name is Lishus12

Top Bottom