• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spore

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wow, great work!

Amazing job on all of those, especially the Heatran and Darkrai ones.

I need to get the full version (only downloaded the trial for now) because this game is really impressing me alot.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
No they aren't mine, they're just some of the ones I've downloaded.
Oh, well, theyre still very good.

I know I'm going to be burning down cities full of Mr. Saturns one day...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, we are now under 30 days until Spore hits NA.

Check out Spore.com. They are releasing prototypes of the spore engine relating to each stage. Pretty awesome. I hate how excited I am over this game. I cannot wait until Labor Day weekend.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Two more weeks. I am trying my best to forget this game. Sadly, I know it's exactly 13 days starting tomorrow...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hype hype hype!

I downloaded the creature creator last thursday (Full version) and I'm wishing right now that I still had a creative spirit.. :(

Anyway, Spore comes out very soon! Wooooooooo!

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Ha, we get it on the fourth CK ;)
I thought it was the 5th like us. :confused:

Anyway I try not to think about this game, I've been doing it for 2 years already.

But!

10 DAYS!!!

EDIT:

Also, what's everyones most looked forward to part? Everyone's bound to say Space Stage (including me), but I'm also really interested in the Vehicle Editor, and Tribal Stage.

M.K

Level 55
I thought it was the 5th like us. :confused:

Anyway I try not to think about this game, I've been doing it for 2 years already.

But!

10 DAYS!!!

EDIT:

Also, what's everyones most looked forward to part? Everyone's bound to say Space Stage (including me), but I'm also really interested in the Vehicle Editor, and Tribal Stage.
My friend is OBSESSED with The Sims 2 and I showed her the Tribal Phase and she fell in love with it. I'm trying to convince her to buy it, but she says she will play her friend's game!

Gah! This is going to be so fun!
Which version did you guys reserve? I just resereved the normal one, not the Galactic Edition.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
To me, the most interesting stage should be the Tribal stage, I mean, really.

After I saw one of the battle scenes, with big blue things shoving spears in each other, or doing strange fire-dances, I knew it was for me.

None will withstand the might of my tribe of Bulborbs!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Noooo... their one weakness....

I'll have to call in my battalion of odd-looking Beady Long Legs. They have no face, but they can stomp things like nobody else.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The Civilization stage is my favorite. Watch the video on Kotaku. It looks SO deep and great.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Man this game is going to be awesome.

I wonder if it just chooses creatures at random for different stages. Like for example, I might find one of my creatures I made in the CC, except it's on a different planet and has advanced to the Space Stage. Whereas one of my other creatures might only be in the Tribal Stage.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm looking forward to the single celled stage and creating a new creature from scratch with limitations.

EDIT: Im getting the galactic edition, plus Gametraders is giving shirts with Preorders, woot.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The Spore Galactic Edition contains:

* Spore Game DVD (PC/Mac compatible)
* "The Making of Spore" DVD. An exclusive behind the scenes documentary on the making of Spore.
* "How to Build a Better Being" DVD. A 50-minute evolution documentary by the National Geographic Channel featuring Will Wright and Spore.
* "The Art of Spore." A 128 page hardback book featuring Spore artwork and stories from Maxis' artists.
* Exclusive 100-page Galactic Handbook
* Exclusive Spore poster
* All in a collectable 'Spore Glyphics' hard plastic box

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Oh wow:

"The player's creature encounters an Epic Creature, a giant-sized version of another player's content that is uploaded to the user's computer (or installed on the Spore disc already)."

"Tribal clothing editor"

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Headcrabs with tribal clothes. I'd like to see that.

Incidently, with the tribal and city stage, the other cities are just of the same dominant creature, yeah?

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Headcrabs with tribal clothes. I'd like to see that.

Incidently, with the tribal and city stage, the other cities are just of the same dominant creature, yeah?
From the most recent videos of Tribal Stage I've been seeing, the tribes are different species of creatures. Plus you can domesticate other creatures, who can act as "guard dogs" for you.

Not sure about the Civ stage though.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Like for example in this video you'll notice that his tribe is a different species than the other one. His is a tribe of "robots", whereas the other tribe are pink Yoshi looking dinosaurs.

And if you notice the Related Videos bit at the side, the video called "Spore Interview New Footage HIGH QUALITY" has a picture of a creature in a pen. That's a domesticated creature, they use it for eggs and things. Also I remember from an interview with Will Wright, he mentioned that if you get attacked by another tribe, those creatures will help defend you.

Things like this is why I want this game, can't wait to get to the tribal stage.

EDIT:

Also, check out this, that "Paint Like Me" feature for the vehicle editor is fantastic!

Yes. I'm a geek. I know far too much about this game.

EDIT:

Also, in a 2007 Demo, he drops a Monolith (That black rectangle thing from the film "2001") on a planet, and the creatures that gather around it automatically advance to Tribe Stage. Now that's a cool feature.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
God, I want this now.

So, is the galactic edition worth the extra thirty, or not really? I don't care for art or making of things, but the building a better being and the 100 page manual could be worth it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Wow, I hate EA. They really try their best to make purchasing a game more and more difficult.

First, the hard copy of the game has a 3 installation limit. Yep. Yes...

So, I decided to get the digital download, which unlike quality online digital distribution like Steam, PSN, XBLA, hell even WIIWARE, EA LIMITS how long they store your game on their servers... The base is 6 months, the 6 dollar extended is 2 years. I went for it, then they add tax. So I ended up paying $60 for Spore, BUT I get it the second it comes out, no driving, and hopefully, no limit installations.

I hate EA so much.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
From EB? I almost picked it up, but I've preordered it at Game Traders, plus I'll get a shirt. And I'm a sucker for free game clothing.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
FDV - you have 8 hours to create a detailed review. Get on it!

I honestly want to try each type of planetary win in the civ mode - conquest, diplomatic, and religious.

The first review ever gave it a 9/10.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
It's pretty fun so far, I'm only up to the second stage, I think tribal will be more fun...so far the character customisation is cool, but I haven't found that many upgrades yet, and at this stage I think it's more focused on getting the best most efficient parts for your creature rather than looking cool.

Also epic creatures are a pain in the ***. (and the movement controls are a bit annoying, the wasd controls don't work like wasd controls should imo)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
PAL only.

So, epic creatures are in every stage? How long does each stage last?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I saw somebody on youtube make a creature that looked exactly like Fone Bone. I wanted the game direly at first, now I'm drooling for it.

The one time PAL has ****ed NTSC over instead?

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
PAL only.

So, epic creatures are in every stage? How long does each stage last?
I'm not sure if epic creatures are in every stage, I only saw them in the creature stage so far. I'm only up to tribal stage - creature stage took a while, but the tribal stage was pretty quick and easy, although I am playing it on easy...I might start again on normal now that I have learned how to play a bit better. I'd say more, but I'd probably better let you guys find it out for yourselves.

I must say though, I had lost interest and forgotten about Spore before I picked it up, but now I'm really into it...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Yeah! That's what I did. Forget about it completely, and now I am pained to play it.

Um... how bad is the game without internet? Due to Gustav, I'll be without power for about 3 weeks (so I'll have to play on my laptop :() and will I lose a lot for not having stable internet, or are there enough creatures to not even worry about that?

Also, do you meet and fight other creatures in the Tribal/Civ stage? (for when you get there) Or is it just your creatures but a different breed?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Alright. Though I already know the answer I'll get, I'm going to ask anyway. I only have enough cash to pick up one game this month.

Spore or Kirby Super Star Ultra?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha

REALLY?

Wait... is Spore for PC or DS/Wii? If it's DS/Wii, I consider those just a waste of a great franchise.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Spore. Kirby Super Stars on the SNES is win. eBay, Gamers In Control, whatever you use, get a copy. Kirby Super Star Ultra!!! will no doubt fail at capturing its greatness.

Top Bottom