• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 Welcome to the mod life, good to see you followed up on the application. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

You picked a good board to mod, Mewtwo mains are nothing but lightweights.:troll:
I actually only applied for Diddy, but since 90% of my qualifications were Mewtwo they added Mewtwo as well. Going to be fun.

Best of luck Ryu Myuutsu Ryu Myuutsu hope everything goes well.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I hate to use this place as some kind of dumpster for my emotional bull**** but screw it! I just need to vent, because this kind of negative emotions cause nothing but a torrent of suicidal depression when suppressed.

A like a girl. A lot. We've known each other for a year, and today we went out with a bunch of friends. My original intention was to be just the two of us but she misunderstood me (japanese is a very indirect language) and invited some people at work, so dang it let's roll with it, I thought. So today everything was well at first, we then went to karaoke, and one guy who just started this week at work who initially wasn't with us arrived there. She drank a lot, and then got very cuddly with this guy, and they spent the rest of the night cuddling with each other. What started out as a pleasant night became hell for me. I wanted to leave that place but I had to stay until the end because it was all my idea. After a couple of torturous hours it was finally over.
So yeah, this guy appears out of nowhere and apparently made an advance out of a sudden. And you know what makes me angry the most? It was all my fault. I waited. I built a friendship with her over time and wasn't too sure about what to do next. Why, you ask? Short answer: Because I'm a ****ing idiot.

When I finally took my step, this guy comes and rains on my parade, royally. He accomplished what I couldn't over a year in less than a week of knowing her, and I can't help but being mad at myself for not clearing my intentions with her from the very beginning.
I hope, God I hope that all is not lost yet. It's possible that it was just because of the moment of drunkness between the two. Right now, I have nothing but fear on my chest. But I'm also determined. I see her again on Tuesday, and I'll clarify my intentions and feelings for her once and for all, no more beating around the bushes and vague meanings. She will understand what I plan to say, since I'll take a more aggressive approach. Because I have to know for sure rather than wondering forever. I'm NOT allowing myself for tuesday to come and go without doing this.
And this guy, he is below me since I'm his "senpai" at work so to speak. So I have to teach him and be professional when dealing with him. God, that it's going to be difficult and awkward. He is almost as tall as I am, and I'm pretty sure I could take him but that's besides the point.
Women, the name of my existence. My Tinder date got cancelled today funny enough. Good luck man, I'm going to go into my 1 year mark of not physically being with a girl in June. It sucks. I wish I could just never think about girls and my productctively would rise, but instead I spend lots of time on Pof and Tinder, searching away. My only social activities are smash bros, school, the gym. There was one really cute girl at a smash tourney... She wouldn't give me her number but gave her Facebook instead. She chose to never reply. Smart girl, ugh. And at school in my nursing program,and my entire social circle, there is zero, and I mean zero single women.

Can't even try speed dating until I'm 25, geez.

I think it's OK to vent here though personally, it's a social thread, anything should go and it mostly pertains to us Mewtwo mains. I've posted my problems enough on the unhappy thread without replies to give up there.

Anyways I've accomplished my three primaries (drivers license, job, schooling) so I said my 4th objective would be finding a girl. And when school starts May, I plan on spending every day studying in a cubicle with a dating site on my phone, followed by a long gym session.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
In regards to the whole dating thing, best advice I can give is never give up. I'm currently in a relationship with a girl who I've previously mentioned in this thread and the Robin social as a girl I liked but who didn't want to be in a relationship. I asked her numerous times and numerous times she said no but I didn't give up. I didn't ask every day, week or month. I waited many, many months in-between each ask. I've known her for a few years and when I first got a crush on her, she was on and off seeing some other guy. She would vent to me about her problems with him and I'd give my advice to try and help her and when she said she was done with him, I was so happy...then she got back with him again and that along with me just starting my job and my mother's life being at risk, I went into 6 months of depression. My feelings for my crush went so far down, I questioned even staying in contact with her, went to Showdown's venting room for advice and in the end, I never gave up and here I am in a relationship with the woman I've loved for so long (she's done with that other guy). Gotta wait till the end of this year to get my g2 license and then I plan on driving down to see her. She's only 4 hours away. Amusingly enough, I found her thanks to Smash and my cousin is the same when it comes to his gf.

TL;DR no matter what **** is thrown at you, don't give up trying to be with someone you want to be with...just don't be persistent to the point of annoyance.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm not even going to ever bother with girls. I can't see myself in a very healthy relationship with anybody. Whenever I get slightly interested in a girl, I just roll my eyes and laugh at myself.

But I'm not really most people. I'm introverted to the point its silly. School and some time on the internet is all the socialization I need for a day and more. I'm sure it'll be the same for whatever job I have in the future. If I get to lonely I'll probably just adopt a cat.

Some people doubt I'll really be happy like that, but hey, my flimsy relationships with other people means I almost never have to deal with drama. That's a huge plus.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Well, I'm trying to get over it. Today was my free day, so I went out and I did a bicycle ride, ate lunch, took a stroll with a friend at a park, ate some ice cream, wrecked some guys in Smash 3DS, layed on my bed while listening to beautiful 60s songs, etc.
Tried doing some gaming and wanted to study a bit as well but my motivation for today was pretty much null. I'm about to have dinner, I'll eat while watching Frank Miller's adaption of Batman: Dark Knight Returns.

Last edited:

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Im a bit late on this but big congratulations to you Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 for becoming a moderator! It was definitely a well deserved spot for you with how much you've been looking over and contributing to the Mewtwo boards since the beginning.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Abadango is streaming right now! Come watch if you can!

:150:
Sadly I can't make it in school rn
Im a bit late on this but big congratulations to you Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 for becoming a moderator! It was definitely a well deserved spot for you with how much you've been looking over and contributing to the Mewtwo boards since the beginning.
When did this happen congratulations I guess tho

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oooh, I am suddenly feeling very evil right now.
Be very careful with how you handle your moderator status, as it should never be taken lightly. You have to be able to handle any kind of reports that pop up, and make sure that nothing inappropriate stirs up as well.

I ended up losing my moderator position for not handling specific offenses properly, and for the lack of social skills when they're needed. And this demotion occurred before I was even ready to mention about resigning from the moderator position.

Sonicninja115

Be very careful with how you handle your moderator status, as it should never be taken lightly. You have to be able to handle any kind of reports that pop up, and make sure that nothing inappropriate stirs up as well.

I ended up losing my moderator position for not handling specific offenses properly, and for the lack of social skills when they're needed. And this demotion occurred before I was even ready to mention about resigning from the moderator position.
Yep. Plus, it is mainly the other mods job to check that room. I have read the stuff and understand it well.

ok...

Last edited:
sonic i think you need to self ban yourself for posting that here. that contaminated my eyes :'(.

real talk though what on earth is that? marth and lucina are literally two tiers apart?

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
sonic i think you need to self ban yourself for posting that here. that contaminated my eyes :'(.

real talk though what on earth is that? marth and lucina are literally two tiers apart?
That matchup chart is "supposedly" based on match up spread alone. It was made by Dabuz.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

On one hand he's not wrong, on the other it is sickening. It's very opinionated, but not exactly false depending on how you look at it. I think he placed M2 that high because of other people's MU charts, like Larry's.

D

Deleted member

you know it's bad when one tier from the bottom (obv not miis) is considered so high lmfao.
On one hand he's not wrong, on the other it is sickening. It's very opinionated, but not exactly false depending on how you look at it. I think he placed M2 that high because of other people's MU charts, like Larry's.
To be fair, I really don't think we have a lopsided disadvantage in any MUs anymore. :4diddy: is still a threat to us still, and :4palutena: along with :4marth:/:4lucina: is aggravating but that's about it.

Sonicninja115

Both Dabuzand Anti rate M2 top ten. Although Dabuz said Mewtwo is a possible top high tier and that it was a hard choice to put him in top tier. Anti placed him 8th. Thoughts?

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I think Mewtwo's placement is around right. As long as you limit your mistakes, Mewtwo can potentially take out any character on the roster. The only match ups I feel comfortable labeling as disadvantage are: :4diddy::4fox::4zss: And those aren't very awful.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's really hard to judge how high Mewtwo really is. He's got some awesome tools at his disposal, but he's got a low enough margin for error that the smallest mistake can come back to bite you.

But then again, at top level play, I guess you won't be making too many mistakes. Tier list assume you play the character perfectly, don't they?

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
It's really hard to judge how high Mewtwo really is. He's got some awesome tools at his disposal, but he's got a low enough margin for error that the smallest mistake can come back to bite you.

But then again, at top level play, I guess you won't be making too many mistakes. Tier list assume you play the character perfectly, don't they?
Shiek was so insanely good, because it was hard to punish her, and her tools and framedata were amazing.
If we go from perfect play, then why would you need a character that is hard to punish?

Mewtwo is because of his weight and semi-predictable air speed movement more punishable than other characters, which is why I wouldn't say he is -that- good. But I gotta say mewtwo is still insanely good, don't get me wrong.

C3CC

Smash Lord

Can someone tell me how the HELL does he do that Footstool -> Disable?! I've been trying for HOURS! And I just can't do it!!

Sonicninja115

Can someone tell me how the HELL does he do that Footstool -> Disable?! I've been trying for HOURS! And I just can't do it!!
No language please!

Also, go into Training mode and do it on Half speed. You need to Jump, and then jump again while standing right next to the opponent. When you see Mewtwo standing on the opponent's back, jump again and then input Disable as fast as possible. It is easier on Shiek then others.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
No language please!

Also, go into Training mode and do it on Half speed. You need to Jump, and then jump again while standing right next to the opponent. When you see Mewtwo standing on the opponent's back, jump again and then input Disable as fast as possible. It is easier on Shiek then others.
Actually a question I have about that. Why is Hell considered as bad language? Not a native english speaker, so am honestly curious.
And the half speed is a really nice way to learn b-reverse or wave-bouncing aswell.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Actually a question I have about that. Why is Hell considered as bad language? Not a native english speaker, so am honestly curious.
And the half speed is a really nice way to learn b-reverse or wave-bouncing aswell.
Normally where I'm from it depends on the way u use it as in the bad word and the place under but don't use anyway I'm to cool for that

C3CC

Smash Lord
No language please!

It didn't work... I tried hundreds of times to no avail. I just don't get how Disable can be landed if I'm in the air after I jump. Something tells me this is going to get patched in the next update anyway, but I'd like to learn.

I fail to see how "hell" is considered inappropriate language. I've never heard about this before.

Oh and congratulations on becoming a mod, by the way! :)

I put Mewtwo 14th, right behind Sheik and above ROB. (yeah, my tier list is weird)
I use a simple A-B-C-D system for this game, because it's so close to balanced. Maybe I'll make some plus and minus segments to separate it a little more, IDK. Should I do that?

Sonicninja115

It didn't work... I tried hundreds of times to no avail. I just don't get how Disable can be landed if I'm in the air after I jump. Something tells me this is going to get patched in the next update anyway, but I'd like to learn.

I fail to see how "hell" is considered inappropriate language. I've never heard about this before.

Oh and congratulations on becoming a mod, by the way! :)
You are triple jumping right? You have to jump, Footstool Jump, and the DJC SB.

Don't worry about it.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
It isn't inappropriate language. I've never heard of that either. I guess Smashboards sees otherwise.

Anyway. I find it easiest to do the DJC-Disable with this setup:

:GCLT: Shield
:GCRT: Shield
:GCZ: Jump
:GCY: Jump
:GCX: Grab
:GCA: Attack
:GCB: Special
:GCCN: Tilts or Smash Attack

I also find it easiest to pull off from the reverse Nair. You triple tap Z, then press down and down b. It's down to timing. It does take a lot of practice to pull off consistently.

I noticed that Abadango uses that setup but has C-Stick set to tilts. The only sacrifice with this is that you lose the option to do the running JC U-Smash with Mewtwo unless you can do it manually, so I leave the C-Stick as Smash Attacks as I can pivot and tilt without use of the C-Stick

Out of curiosity, what does everybody here use as their set up with Mewtwo? What do you find easier?

I use both the above set up, and default with Tap Jump on if I don't change controls. I'm used to both.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
My setup is
:GCCN: attack
:GCRT: jump
:GCU:tap jump off.
That's for every character although for :4charizard::4myfriends::4metaknight::4pikachu::4feroy: and :4tlink: I have a tendency to prefer tap jump on.

For jc-usmash, I just roll my thumb from :GCX: to :GCA: while running.

Sonicninja115

:4mewtwo::4diddy::4bayonetta:
:GCA: Attack/ Attack / Attack
:GCB: Special / Special / Special
:GCCD: Tilts / Tilts / Tilts
:GCDpad: Special (up) / none / none
:GCLT: Shield / Shield / Shield
:GCRT: Jump / Special / Jump
:GCX: Shield / Grab / Grab
:GCY: Jump / Jump / Jump
:GCZ: Grab / Grab / Jump

It makes sense if you think about it.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay

Why do you have special for the d pad?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Not everyone uses a GameCube controller though.

Top Bottom